ImageImageImageImageImage

Welcome KD!!!

Moderators: jerseyjac, Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

User avatar
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 33,320
And1: 7,920
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#201 » by Paradise » Thu Aug 1, 2019 2:27 pm

Kenny recalls meeting KD for the first time.

IT BECAME REAL for Atkinson when Durant showed up to the Nets' practice facility about an hour after his free-agency announcement. Atkinson embarked on his speech about the team's excellent culture, their work ethic and then stopped himself. Why was he pitching somebody who had already committed?

"I'm talking to KD and he's looking around at our facility and saying, 'Wow, this is fantastic. What a view of the city!'" Atkinson says.
Image

The Nets are like a Chinese restaurant. But instead of putting free mints on the front desk, we put draft picks in the bowl.

"Have a nice day, and take a draft pick for the ride home" – Billy King
User avatar
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,883
And1: 1,063
Joined: Jun 24, 2015
     

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#202 » by shakendfries » Thu Aug 1, 2019 2:48 pm

Paradise wrote:Kenny recalls meeting KD for the first time.

IT BECAME REAL for Atkinson when Durant showed up to the Nets' practice facility about an hour after his free-agency announcement. Atkinson embarked on his speech about the team's excellent culture, their work ethic and then stopped himself. Why was he pitching somebody who had already committed?

"I'm talking to KD and he's looking around at our facility and saying, 'Wow, this is fantastic. What a view of the city!'" Atkinson says.


Image
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 29,334
And1: 10,550
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#203 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Aug 1, 2019 3:05 pm

shakendfries wrote:
Paradise wrote:Kenny recalls meeting KD for the first time.

IT BECAME REAL for Atkinson when Durant showed up to the Nets' practice facility about an hour after his free-agency announcement. Atkinson embarked on his speech about the team's excellent culture, their work ethic and then stopped himself. Why was he pitching somebody who had already committed?

"I'm talking to KD and he's looking around at our facility and saying, 'Wow, this is fantastic. What a view of the city!'" Atkinson says.


Image


Negrodamaus whats good fam? You got any future lottery numbers, sports bets, or stock tips for us?
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 29,334
And1: 10,550
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#204 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Aug 1, 2019 6:11 pm

Read on Twitter


Easy Money Sniper incoming
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
3pt_chucker
Analyst
Posts: 3,171
And1: 449
Joined: Apr 23, 2013
Location: Practicing my 3's
       

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#205 » by 3pt_chucker » Thu Aug 1, 2019 6:39 pm

Not surprising he's already at this point. He's clearly been attacking his rehab and looks highly motivated to be back.

Barring a setback, it takes 6 months max for someone to get back to playing from an achilles rupture.

Given our top tier medical staff I'm not really stressing about KD's recovery.
Yearning for more 3's
User avatar
Hello Brooklyn
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,933
And1: 4,109
Joined: Dec 24, 2012
   

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#206 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Aug 1, 2019 8:31 pm

I wouldn't be that surprised if Durant is ready to go by April/May.

People making way to big a deal of the achilles. KD will come back 100%.
HEAT33 wrote:Nets not even the best team in NY without Durant
User avatar
Claud
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,452
And1: 450
Joined: May 16, 2015
Location: Austin, TX
   

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#207 » by Claud » Thu Aug 1, 2019 10:33 pm

I just want to avoid another situation similar to what happened in the finals where he was rushed and got injured.

I'd rather him be given the proper time to heal and regain trust in his body than rush him because we want to make a run this year.

Would be crazy to see KD comeback and be our best player in the playoffs similar to what Caris did last season.
Palmeirense
General Manager
Posts: 8,493
And1: 1,122
Joined: Apr 19, 2007
     

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#208 » by Palmeirense » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:41 pm

Claud wrote:I just want to avoid another situation similar to what happened in the finals where he was rushed and got injured.

I'd rather him be given the proper time to heal and regain trust in his body than rush him because we want to make a run this year.

Would be crazy to see KD comeback and be our best player in the playoffs similar to what Caris did last season.


Well, that was clearly a different situation, it was painfully obvious that he shouldn't be on the court at that time. I think the nets medical staff won't rush his comeback, but i for one expect to see him playing by march.

As someone that has gone through a full achilles tear, i can attest that it is not a fun injury, but even though i'm far from a professional athlete, i can do pretty much the same things that i did before with mininum physiotherapy appointments after the surgery.

What is a pain about the injury is that the blood flow is significantly impaired around the region, which turns the recovery into a slow and tedious process.

Nevertheless, the Nets are a first class organization and the medical staff is renowned around the league as one of the best, if not the best, so i'm not worried in the slightest about them rushing him back without KD being absolutely ready to go.
Image

Props to Jeff1624 for the sig
User avatar
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 33,320
And1: 7,920
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#209 » by Paradise » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:44 pm

Image

The Nets are like a Chinese restaurant. But instead of putting free mints on the front desk, we put draft picks in the bowl.

"Have a nice day, and take a draft pick for the ride home" – Billy King
User avatar
Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,772
And1: 487
Joined: Dec 27, 2002

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#210 » by Durant Durant » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:06 pm

i think he'll be ready after the All stars.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 29,334
And1: 10,550
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#211 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:24 pm

Durant Durant wrote:i think he'll be ready after the All stars.


The Nets will probably not play him this season.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
TheNetsFan
Veteran
Posts: 2,880
And1: 582
Joined: Feb 11, 2007
   

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#212 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:56 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Durant Durant wrote:i think he'll be ready after the All stars.


The Nets will probably not play him this season.

Barring a setback, He’ll play. He may play limited minutes, but he’ll play. At worst, he camps out as a stretch 4.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 32,736
And1: 10,077
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#213 » by Prokorov » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:35 am

i think he will be back by the ECF in some capacity.

its crazy to think we have durant... like without KD we had a monster offseason and are a lock top 4 seed this year. then its like "oh year i forgot we also have arguable the NBAs best player on our team"
Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.


Timestamp: July 21, 2017
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 29,334
And1: 10,550
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#214 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:37 am

Prokorov wrote:i think he will be back by the ECF in some capacity.

its crazy to think we have durant... like without KD we had a monster offseason and are a lock top 4 seed this year. then its like "oh year i forgot we also have arguable the NBAs best player on our team"


I really can't wait til we march out the line up of death: Kyrie/Spencer/LeVert/Harris/KD

Good luck defending that. That's all lay ups and 3 point bombs.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
Ryusoulger
Ballboy
Posts: 45
And1: 14
Joined: Jul 20, 2019

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#215 » by Ryusoulger » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:36 am

His progressing seems to be going along just fine. It’s interesting but I hope he comes back strong
Ryusoulger
Ballboy
Posts: 45
And1: 14
Joined: Jul 20, 2019

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#216 » by Ryusoulger » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:40 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Return to Brooklyn Nets