ImageImageImageImageImage

DeAndre Jordan tests positive for COVID19, done for the season

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 33,297
And1: 12,409
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

DeAndre Jordan tests positive for COVID19, done for the season 

Post#1 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:06 am

Read on Twitter


CANCEL THIS **** WHAT THE ****


The NBA won't be happy until someone is dead
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
Zeno
RealGM
Posts: 10,254
And1: 8,549
Joined: Jun 06, 2001
   

Re: DeAndre Jordan tests positive for COVID19, done for the season 

Post#2 » by Zeno » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:22 am

I get the impression that him and Dinwiddie aren’t too pleased with having training camp in New York. Both mention being back in market explicitly as if that led to them getting the virus.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
User avatar
LOUiS-D
Analyst
Posts: 3,194
And1: 1,166
Joined: Jan 19, 2006
Location: melbourne, australia
 

Re: DeAndre Jordan tests positive for COVID19, done for the season 

Post#3 » by LOUiS-D » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:25 am

This s*** is going off the rails. I hope this is the last of it and there's a course correct, but I fear that this whole bubble thing is a reckless fairy tale endangering lives for money and sports narratives.
Image
Google 'Karate Basketball' or click HERE to play 1-4 local multiplayer natural shooting motion madness for FREE
User avatar
Hello Brooklyn
Head Coach
Posts: 6,923
And1: 4,814
Joined: Dec 24, 2012
   

Re: DeAndre Jordan tests positive for COVID19, done for the season 

Post#4 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:58 am

This stuff is going to keep on happening. I want the season to happen for selfish purposes, but cases are exploding in so many places.

Only a matter of time until it gets bad for the NBA.
HEAT33 wrote:Nets not even the best team in NY without Durant
ecuhus1981
RealGM
Posts: 14,245
And1: 444
Joined: Jun 19, 2007
       

Re: DeAndre Jordan tests positive for COVID19, done for the season 

Post#5 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:15 am

The bubble might be the safest place for players. The trouble is, 2 weeks of the butterfly effect with an highly contagious novel coronavirus might mean dozens of headlines like this, before guys get to Orlando. How many players will be positive by mid-July?
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 33,297
And1: 12,409
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: DeAndre Jordan tests positive for COVID19, done for the season 

Post#6 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:50 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:The bubble might be the safest place for players. The trouble is, 2 weeks of the butterfly effect with an highly contagious novel coronavirus might mean dozens of headlines like this, before guys get to Orlando. How many players will be positive by mid-July?


I don’t understand how the bubble will be safe for the players when Disney employees will be coming in and out of the park when Florida is exploding with cases

Two guys got sick in NY where cases are going down. I can't imagine what will happen when NBA players all congregate in Florida. You know that there will be guys that break protocol.

I want the Nets to withdraw from this garbage
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 33,297
And1: 12,409
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: DeAndre Jordan tests positive for COVID19, done for the season 

Post#7 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:58 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I wonder how many other players have preconditions like DJ? My dad's friend was asthmatic and covid **** his lungs up so bad he was going to have to go to rehab to learn how to walk again before he ended up dying.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
Stone
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,990
And1: 273
Joined: Dec 26, 2005
Location: Picking dimes up off the floor
 

Re: DeAndre Jordan tests positive for COVID19, done for the season 

Post#8 » by Stone » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:17 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I wonder how many other players have preconditions like DJ? My dad's friend was asthmatic and covid **** his lungs up so bad he was going to have to go to rehab to learn how to walk again before he ended up dying.


MDB, really sorry for your Fathers friend. This whole Covid thing is getting more terrifying by the day. I heard some guy on TV going the chances of dying are so low.....Then I remembered once at a safety meeting the safety guys holds up a big jar of jellybeans and goes "If I told you that out of all these jellybeans there were three poison ones in the jar, would you have one?" and that always stuck with me.

Any of us could be next...... :pray: Lets hope it guys on the Knicks board and not us.... :D ......I'm kidding
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 33,297
And1: 12,409
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: DeAndre Jordan tests positive for COVID19, done for the season 

Post#9 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:22 pm

Stone wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I wonder how many other players have preconditions like DJ? My dad's friend was asthmatic and covid **** his lungs up so bad he was going to have to go to rehab to learn how to walk again before he ended up dying.


MDB, really sorry for your Fathers friend. This whole Covid thing is getting more terrifying by the day. I heard some guy on TV going the chances of dying are so low.....Then I remembered once at a safety meeting the safety guys holds up a big jar of jellybeans and goes "If I told you that out of all these jellybeans there were three poison ones in the jar, would you have one?" and that always stuck with me.


Thanks, and don't trust anyone who says the chances of dying are low....they don't factor in the damage that the virus can do to your blood and organs.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 35,081
And1: 11,245
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: DeAndre Jordan tests positive for COVID19, done for the season 

Post#10 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 2, 2020 12:34 am

LOUiS-D wrote:This s*** is going off the rails. I hope this is the last of it and there's a course correct, but I fear that this whole bubble thing is a reckless fairy tale endangering lives for money and sports narratives.


if even 1 person in the bubble has COVID everyone in the bubble does. its idiotic. the CDC said outright its spread so much it cant be controlled. and moron states are still opening up more.

0% chance we finish the season even if they do restart
My name is Prokorov and I don't know anything about basketball.

-2.14.2020
Shark
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,845
And1: 312
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
       

Re: DeAndre Jordan tests positive for COVID19, done for the season 

Post#11 » by Shark » Thu Jul 2, 2020 3:08 am

Its honestly shocking they haven't started talking about ust shutting everything back down. Not just the NBA, but pretty much every league. Just about every league in the US has had multiple players/staff confirmed with COVID and even with cases exploding across the country everything still seems to be going forward.
perempe20
Rookie
Posts: 1,206
And1: 636
Joined: Aug 20, 2015
 

Re: DeAndre Jordan tests positive for COVID19, done for the season 

Post#12 » by perempe20 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 9:26 am

How sick is DAJ? Nets fans/season ticket holders should have the right to ask.
GTR11
Analyst
Posts: 3,504
And1: 668
Joined: Jan 17, 2019
   

Re: DeAndre Jordan tests positive for COVID19, done for the season 

Post#13 » by GTR11 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 9:58 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

For those who have any illusions about next season. Scientists can't even start testing the way this virus mutates. Stay safe, wear your ppe and try staying home as much as possible.
GTR11
Analyst
Posts: 3,504
And1: 668
Joined: Jan 17, 2019
   

Re: DeAndre Jordan tests positive for COVID19, done for the season 

Post#14 » by GTR11 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 10:01 am

perempe20 wrote:How sick is DAJ? Nets fans/season ticket holders should have the right to ask.

:banghead: sometimes I'm just wonder if the crap ppl say is what they really ment. Who are you to break HIPAA low.
perempe20
Rookie
Posts: 1,206
And1: 636
Joined: Aug 20, 2015
 

Re: DeAndre Jordan tests positive for COVID19, done for the season 

Post#15 » by perempe20 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 10:15 am

I did not sign a $40 million contract with the Nets, but DAJ did.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 33,297
And1: 12,409
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: DeAndre Jordan tests positive for COVID19, done for the season 

Post#16 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 3, 2020 11:19 am

perempe20 wrote:How sick is DAJ? Nets fans/season ticket holders should have the right to ask.


No word if he has symptoms or not. I hope for his sake, he doesn't.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 33,297
And1: 12,409
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: DeAndre Jordan tests positive for COVID19, done for the season 

Post#17 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 3, 2020 11:22 am

GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

For those who have any illusions about next season. Scientists can't even start testing the way this virus mutates. Stay safe, wear your ppe and try staying home as much as possible.


People are in denial, thinking things will magically return to normal. The only place that I am going for the foreseeable future is home and the store for supplies and I stay with mask and gloves. Life as we knew it is over
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 35,081
And1: 11,245
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: DeAndre Jordan tests positive for COVID19, done for the season 

Post#18 » by Prokorov » Fri Jul 3, 2020 6:02 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

For those who have any illusions about next season. Scientists can't even start testing the way this virus mutates. Stay safe, wear your ppe and try staying home as much as possible.


People are in denial, thinking things will magically return to normal. The only place that I am going for the foreseeable future is home and the store for supplies and I stay with mask and gloves. Life as we knew it is over


We have such an awful political system and terrible leadership. and our capitalistic economy has too much power with citizens having so little.

Most countries dont have a 50/50 split between citizens where EVERYTHING is politicized making it impossible to agree or come to consensus on everything. The idea that there is a thing called "anti-mask protesters" during a pandemic is inconceivable. Many dont even beleive the virus is real. you have people protesting to open up.

most countries, even those like spain and italy who were hit hard dont have the political divide and can come together as a country. the US cant do that. even if we have the right awnsers 1/2 the country will call it fake news and disobey. its is no surpise we are surging and getting worse while other countries recover.

here in Mass. we have been doing well with cases on an 18% decline. thanks to lockdowns and mask. so what do the idiot politicians here do? ignore everything that was working and opening up indoor dining and bars and allow gatherings for 4th of july

we will spike like florida. i despise theses aholes
My name is Prokorov and I don't know anything about basketball.

-2.14.2020
ecuhus1981
RealGM
Posts: 14,245
And1: 444
Joined: Jun 19, 2007
       

Re: DeAndre Jordan tests positive for COVID19, done for the season 

Post#19 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 8:33 pm

Some GOP politicians are trying to win votes in this falls election with feel-good acts, when really they are putting their constituency in mortal danger by removing protective orders. They pulled this right before Easter in KS, and they are doing it again now for the 4th. They are literally murderers for hire.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 33,297
And1: 12,409
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: DeAndre Jordan tests positive for COVID19, done for the season 

Post#20 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 3, 2020 9:19 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

For those who have any illusions about next season. Scientists can't even start testing the way this virus mutates. Stay safe, wear your ppe and try staying home as much as possible.


People are in denial, thinking things will magically return to normal. The only place that I am going for the foreseeable future is home and the store for supplies and I stay with mask and gloves. Life as we knew it is over


We have such an awful political system and terrible leadership. and our capitalistic economy has too much power with citizens having so little.

Most countries dont have a 50/50 split between citizens where EVERYTHING is politicized making it impossible to agree or come to consensus on everything. The idea that there is a thing called "anti-mask protesters" during a pandemic is inconceivable. Many dont even beleive the virus is real. you have people protesting to open up.

most countries, even those like spain and italy who were hit hard dont have the political divide and can come together as a country. the US cant do that. even if we have the right awnsers 1/2 the country will call it fake news and disobey. its is no surpise we are surging and getting worse while other countries recover.

here in Mass. we have been doing well with cases on an 18% decline. thanks to lockdowns and mask. so what do the idiot politicians here do? ignore everything that was working and opening up indoor dining and bars and allow gatherings for 4th of july

we will spike like florida. i despise theses aholes


Here in NJ the governor put the brakes on indoor dining and bars but yet allowed bowling alleys and arcades/indoor entertainment to open up, which is so stupid. Public indoor activities + air conditioning in 90+ degree weather = infection.

Outdoor activities, based on what we are seeing, aren't as dangerous as believed to be, it's indoors where public gatherings are the most dangerous. I fully expect a spike in places that allow indoor dining and entertainment.

I understand businesses are going bankrupt. I get it. But you cannot have a functioning economy where something as mundane as eating indoors could equal a death sentence. You can open everything up, but without a significant vaccine and treatment to reduce fatalities, the only result will be things closing down ANYWAY because the numbers will spike and sensible people will stay home out of fear. And you know what I fear more than the virus? The selfishness and stupidity of other people.

I was going to 7-11 earlier to grab some water, and I see two young people walking in. The girl stopped to put on her mask, the young guy had his mask in his hand and just brazenly walked in the store. I turned right back to my car and went elsewhere, I'm not playing with idiots or stores that allow idiots to walk in maskless.

It's unfortunate but Americans cannot be trusted to act within the interest of the greater good. We aren't like other countries where they all look out for each other. Frankly, what this country needs is a complete shutdown of non essential services, mandatory remote working for office employees and a social safety net for those whose jobs are lost through no fault of their own for the next 18 months. Mandatory stay at home unless you need supplies. Decrease the cases, give science enough time to work its magic in regards to a vaccine and studying this virus fully, and keep people alive...but it's too late for that i guess.

Florida is going to spiral into hell over the next several weeks. The NBA is sending their players and coaches into a death trap. I really hate how capitalism is more important than human lives, no matter how much money they make.

The more you read about the "bubble", the more you realize how foolish all of this is and Adam Silver, the owners, and frankly the players association outside of Kyrie and Avery Bradley's side are about to engage in what will be a public health nightmare.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like

Return to Brooklyn Nets