Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,888

Re: Nets Going Forward: Planning for Next Season 

Post#3161 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Dec 4, 2020 3:32 am

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
haosmoove wrote:
This is James Harden we are talking about. Not only that he will put us as the heavy favorite to win, he also shields us from non-competing in case of injury to one of KD/Kyrie. Our chance to win will go from like 15% to 70%

The five first round picks become three if we finish better than Rockets, which is highly likely. Two of the three remaining picks will be in that 26-30 range, they aren't worth much. Every year there are picks in that range or a little lower available for cash if we really want to pick.

Who cares?

I'd like Harden, but not if it severely hampers our entire future. We basically can't trade anymore more picks and if Harden leaves after next year were toast.

Not to mention it could not work out and all 3 could leave in a couple of years. Now were stuck with no picks for a long time.

There will be other stars who want out in the near future. Harden is a luxury not a necessity.

We wouldnt be stuck with "no picks" at most we would miss 3 picks. and as we've seen we are now a destination and can build in free agency.

the only way to mortgage our future is to pass on opportunities like harden. Levert, allem, dinwiddie. these guys do nothing for our future unless we want a 4 year treadmill.

4 year treadmill? :lol:

Kyrie and Kevin Durant is not a 4 year treadmill. This team is ready to win a Championship as is.

Role players help you win titles. Ask LeBron.

I'm not going to give up all our assets and 5 draft picks for Harden. No thanks.

I'll take him for a reasonable offer.
ProspectPark
Pro Prospect
And1: 700

Post#3162 » by ProspectPark » Fri Dec 4, 2020 3:42 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Kyrie was hurt last year but played basically the whole season the year prior. And hes been through multiple Finals runs.

Westbrick was hurt a lot of last season too. He was awful in the playoffs cause of his injury.

I'd rather have a more injured elite PG than an overrated chucker any day. Man spends all day shooting 3s and shoots 25% from 3 point range :lol:

Your perception has nothing to do with how players get rated. I can care less what Russ does he's not a Nets player. I like Kyrie more as well, however that doesn't change the fact Russ has achieved much more on individual level, this makes him higher seed when it comes to evaluation.
Guys if you'd say Kyrie is better player when it comes to achieving final goal than Russ, I would not argue with that. Saying Kyrie is better individual player is plain wrong. I can argue that LBJ would've won with Russ too just because he's that great, does it make it true, hell no. Celtics has argument that Kyrie is not winning player because they had better success without him. Does it make it true, no. Devil is always hidden in details and you have to account everything whether you like it or not. Nobody ever thought Dirk would win chip, look up how silly they look now.

Westbrook is not a winning basketball player. Hes highly inefficient and puts up big stats on mediocre teams.

Even in Boston, Kyrie got his team to back to back 50 win seasons. And then got them to the 2nd round. Russ has never had that type of success as the leader of a team.

As a #2, Russ never won a Championship. Kyrie did.

Russ's sole accomplishment was a nonsense MVP, that many in the media joke about. He didn't deserve it and most people are starting to acknowledge that now.

Since then he flamed out in the First round twice with a better team, and barely skated by the Thunder w/ Harden .

If you put Russ on that 2016 team vs the Warriors they do not win. Russ would have been chucking the ball and making stupid plays. No way does he ever hit the game winning 3 in Steph's face. It's not like LeBron carried Kyrie. He needed him to come back from 3-1 to play at an all time level. Something Russ has never done in the playoffs.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Look at Westbrook all the way at the bottom.
StepBackCrack
Starter
And1: 3,083

Post#3163 » by StepBackCrack » Fri Dec 4, 2020 4:12 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Who cares?

I'd like Harden, but not if it severely hampers our entire future. We basically can't trade anymore more picks and if Harden leaves after next year were toast.

Not to mention it could not work out and all 3 could leave in a couple of years. Now were stuck with no picks for a long time.

There will be other stars who want out in the near future. Harden is a luxury not a necessity.

We wouldnt be stuck with "no picks" at most we would miss 3 picks. and as we've seen we are now a destination and can build in free agency.

the only way to mortgage our future is to pass on opportunities like harden. Levert, allem, dinwiddie. these guys do nothing for our future unless we want a 4 year treadmill.

Kyrie and Kevin Durant is not a 4 year treadmill. This team is ready to win a Championship as is.

I'm not going to give up all our assets and 5 draft picks for Harden. No thanks.

And superstars don't help you win titles? Come on man. I understand where you guys are coming from but let's not pretend Harden won't make this Nets team unstoppable. Also depth is quite overrated in the playoffs. Star power is much more important.
StepBackCrack
Starter

Post#3164 » by StepBackCrack » Fri Dec 4, 2020 4:15 am

Nets will not be a treadmill team. They will contend for sure but there is a decent chance they end up with 0 titles with just KD and Kyrie. With Harden there, they win 1 or 2 titles at least imo. I have no doubt about that.

Don't get me wrong, I like the current Nets team. It's just that I would be stupid to pretend that Harden wouldn't make them much better.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#3165 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Dec 4, 2020 4:25 am

Teshima Junta wrote:Nets will not be a treadmill team. They will contend for sure but there is a decent chance they end up with 0 titles with just KD and Kyrie. With Harden there, they win 1 or 2 titles at least imo. I have no doubt about that.

Don't get me wrong, I like the current Nets team. It's just that I would be stupid to pretend that Harden wouldn't make them much better.

If we get Harden we probably do win titles.

But its not a sure thing. We could implode. Harden could leave. It wouldn't the first time.

In which case we would be in dire straights.

I wanted Harden but not at all costs.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#3166 » by Prokorov » Fri Dec 4, 2020 4:51 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:4 year treadmill? :lol:

You said "Future"... Kyrie/KD are the present, not the future. It was stated the concern is we would mortgage our future to bring in harden if we dealt our young players. a 30 year old levert/dinwiddie and a 25-28 year old allen after this current run isnt doing much for your future but treadmill

Lebron... the guy who won with:

Wade/Bosh
Kyrie/Love
AD

yeah thet guy won with stars.

5 draft picks IS a reasonable offer. especially when its really 3 since 2 are swaps. so we either get 2 picks back or they simply dont convey.
StepBackCrack
Starter

Post#3167 » by StepBackCrack » Fri Dec 4, 2020 5:12 am

It's ok to disagree guys. No harm done at all. Either way, this team will be exciting to watch. Just hoping these guys stay healthy.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#3168 » by MGrand15 » Fri Dec 4, 2020 5:49 am

I'm good either way with what we do. Harden would give us arguably the most skilled team in history. Whether we win a chip or not, that would be awesome to watch.

If we don't get Harden, I'm totally cool with what we have. I think perfection + balance is a little overrated with championship teams. Plenty of teams win chips with holes on their roster. Most recently, the Lakers struggled in the half court and were depending on washed up Rondo as their PG in the playoffs. The Lebron/Kyrie Cavs had crazy defensive issues. It worked out because they had stars + an identity. You just need to be ELITE on one side of the ball + competitive and smart on the other side.

If things look bad, Marks should have no problem flipping Dinwiddie/LeVert and/or 1st round pick for a 3+D wing. Those defensive guys are highly valued in the offseason but once the season starts and teams see where they stand, it'll be easier to grab them.

Also, this is random but it's pretty wild that Allen Crabbe is straight up out of the league now. That dude either has serious injury issues or straight up doesn't give an F about basketball.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#3169 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Dec 4, 2020 5:51 am

I love our role players, but you can get other guys to fill a role.

Also, when you have 3 bona fide studs in one lineup, the skills you require from role players is more focused. KD, JH and KI plus twelve Jeff Greens is a dynasty.

Sean has overloaded our training camp roster, ostensibly to have depth after a big trade. If we go and get Shaquille Harrison, and pickup a waiver wire guy at the TDL like the Lakers did with Markieff, we're golden.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
haosmoove
Junior
And1: 221

Post#3170 » by haosmoove » Fri Dec 4, 2020 7:03 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Who cares?

What's reasonable to you is unreasonable to most people and every GM in the league. 5 picks for James Harden is not unreasonable. Paul George fetched 7 picks, Jrue Holiday fetched 3.
haosmoove
Junior
And1: 221

Post#3171 » by haosmoove » Fri Dec 4, 2020 7:18 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Teshima Junta wrote:Nets will not be a treadmill team. They will contend for sure but there is a decent chance they end up with 0 titles with just KD and Kyrie. With Harden there, they win 1 or 2 titles at least imo. I have no doubt about that.

If we get Harden we probably do win titles.

But its not a sure thing. We could implode. Harden could leave. It wouldn't the first time.

In which case we would be in dire straights.

I wanted Harden but not at all costs.

You've been saying we are good enough to win as it is, now we may not win after getting Harden. You are making it sound like getting Harden lowers our chance to win.

Let me ask you this, does making a trade for Harden increase our chance to win? If the answer is yes, then it nullifies both sides of your contradicting arguments (which you seem to know to avoid using together)
We are good enough to win as it is, but we will be more likely to win after trade.
We can implode with Harden, which implies we would be worse off without.

And tell me this, when's the last time a team that stack 2 MVP candidates and 1 super star, all in their prime have fail to win one ring?
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#3172 » by GTR11 » Fri Dec 4, 2020 7:27 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Kyrie was hurt last year but played basically the whole season the year prior. And hes been through multiple Finals runs.

Westbrick was hurt a lot of last season too. He was awful in the playoffs cause of his injury.

I'd rather have a more injured elite PG than an overrated chucker any day. Man spends all day shooting 3s and shoots 25% from 3 point range :lol:

Your perception has nothing to do with how players get rated. I can care less what Russ does he's not a Nets player. I like Kyrie more as well, however that doesn't change the fact Russ has achieved much more on individual level, this makes him higher seed when it comes to evaluation.
Guys if you'd say Kyrie is better player when it comes to achieving final goal than Russ, I would not argue with that. Saying Kyrie is better individual player is plain wrong. I can argue that LBJ would've won with Russ too just because he's that great, does it make it true, hell no. Celtics has argument that Kyrie is not winning player because they had better success without him. Does it make it true, no. Devil is always hidden in details and you have to account everything whether you like it or not. Nobody ever thought Dirk would win chip, look up how silly they look now.

Westbrook is not a winning basketball player. Hes highly inefficient and puts up big stats on mediocre teams.

Even in Boston, Kyrie got his team to back to back 50 win seasons. And then got them to the 2nd round. Russ has never had that type of success as the leader of a team.

As a #2, Russ never won a Championship. Kyrie did.

Russ's sole accomplishment was a nonsense MVP, that many in the media joke about. He didn't deserve it and most people are starting to acknowledge that now.

Since then he flamed out in the First round twice with a better team, and barely skated by the Thunder w/ Harden .

If you put Russ on that 2016 team vs the Warriors they do not win. Russ would have been chucking the ball and making stupid plays. No way does he ever hit the game winning 3 in Steph's face. It's not like LeBron carried Kyrie. He needed him to come back from 3-1 to play at an all time level. Something Russ has never done in the playoffs.

Again its all could've would've should've. Russ has MVP behind his back on individual level, Kyrie never sniffed one. Also Russ has been much more durable than Kyrie and thats is also fact.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#3173 » by GTR11 » Fri Dec 4, 2020 7:56 am

Papi_swav wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Giannis
Lebron
Harden
Steph
Dame ( waved bye bye to him AND Paul George)
AD
Kawhi
Butler
KD
Kyrie
Tatum
Embiid
Jokic
Beal
Luka
PG13
Towns
Mitchell (took Westbrook out in the 1st round as a rookie, outplayed Westbrook by a mile)
Gobert
Klay
These are all the players I will take over him just off the top of my head. I might even put Jamal Murray over him

Westbrook is overrated. Great athlete and regular season player but he can barely win a game in the post season. He almost cost the Rockets a first round exit. He couldn't do anything with Harden( a top5 player) and he got knocked out the 1st round with PG13 who is another top player. He also had Adams there. He's a stat padder. He also ran KD out of OKC. And now he's over 30 .

Biid, Kyrie and Klay have no business in top 15 conversion. How many games they logged in past few years? Yeah right and thats not counting them limping around another half of those games.
KAT and Beal can't even get their teams to PO let alone being better than Russ. Gobert? I'll take that as a joke. You also think Steph is going to remain healthy? I sure don't so there goes another one. Butler and Tatum? When they'll get MVP and set records come see me. PG13? C'mon now he was second fiddle to Russ, guy had to hype him up to get max out of him and now you have players talking behind his back in LA.
You can hate Russ game all you want but the fact he's top ten player is a fact.
PS KD coming out from one of the worst type injury that destroyed a lot of carriers, he got a lot to prove whether we like it or not.

Whoa you're way overrating Westbrook. Biid, Kyrie and Klay has done soooo much more in the playoffs than Westbrook has (after KD) and it's not even close.

Westbrook has had decent teams since KD left, dont act like he did everything himself. He had Oladipo and Sabonis, and look how well they are playing in Indiana, this is the point I'm trying to make, Westbrook is a chucker and stat padder and can't play with other guys. He also had Steven Adams AND Paul George and still couldn't get out the first round. Give Kyrie or anybody else those type of players on their team and see how well they do. He almost got bounced out the first round against his former team AND he had Harden on his team as well, that's kind of embarrassing. Have u not read the latest report? Harden even preferred to play with John Wall over Westbrook, and thats one of his best buddies. That says a whole lot.

Westbrook is going to run Beal out of his own team lol that's what he does, its a trend going on haven't u got the memo yet? I would definitely take KAT, Beal and Gobert over Westbrick, at least they wouldn't choke in the playoffs. And Beal has played in several playoffs before. Gobert is a DPOY candidate every single year, heck yea I'm taking him over westbrick , by a landslide.

You really wouldn't take Steph over Westbrook ? lmaooo that tells me all I need to know about your basketball knowledge. Don't forget Westbrook was injured this year as well and he's over 30 . You must have forgotten PG13 LED his own team in Indiana to a tough ECF against the HEAT big 3. PG13 has already surpassed Westbrook. But don't forget a rookie Donavon Mitchell outplayed Westbrook and swept him out the 1st round. Dame Lillard waved bye bye to him.

Butler literally led a whole team to the finals recently , what are you smoking bro? this is a team game not who has the best stats at seasons ends. I dont understand how u can underestimate the value of being good in the playoffs, thats the most important time for a player to show up. Tatum also led his team to the ECF, way farther than Westbrook ever done as as a leader, and he's still young. I guarantee 99.8% of fans will choose Tatum over Westbrook. Go ask around, I dare you.

He is definitely not a top 10 player and that's the real fact because their is information to prove he is not. Where is your proof he's a top 10 player. GO ahead and find any statistics you won't to prove that he is . All those triple double didn't amount to nothing but a 1st round exit. When Westbrook LEADS a team out the first round then come see me.

A lot of hate here bro lol. You do know Russ is one chip away from being overhyped right. Wizards going to trade him in as soon as they'll get a decent offer. They just didn't want to go into this season with Wall and that drama he was going to bring. If LAC would trade for him and they'll win one?
Russ has MVP behind his back and was bringing them into PO each and every year, that alone puts him into top ten.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#3174 » by Papi_swav » Fri Dec 4, 2020 9:24 am

GTR11 wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Biid, Kyrie and Klay have no business in top 15 conversion. How many games they logged in past few years? Yeah right and thats not counting them limping around another half of those games.
KAT and Beal can't even get their teams to PO let alone being better than Russ. Gobert? I'll take that as a joke. You also think Steph is going to remain healthy? I sure don't so there goes another one. Butler and Tatum? When they'll get MVP and set records come see me. PG13? C'mon now he was second fiddle to Russ, guy had to hype him up to get max out of him and now you have players talking behind his back in LA.
You can hate Russ game all you want but the fact he's top ten player is a fact.
PS KD coming out from one of the worst type injury that destroyed a lot of carriers, he got a lot to prove whether we like it or not.

Whoa you're way overrating Westbrook. Biid, Kyrie and Klay has done soooo much more in the playoffs than Westbrook has (after KD) and it's not even close.

Westbrook has had decent teams since KD left, dont act like he did everything himself. He had Oladipo and Sabonis, and look how well they are playing in Indiana, this is the point I'm trying to make, Westbrook is a chucker and stat padder and can't play with other guys. He also had Steven Adams AND Paul George and still couldn't get out the first round. Give Kyrie or anybody else those type of players on their team and see how well they do. He almost got bounced out the first round against his former team AND he had Harden on his team as well, that's kind of embarrassing. Have u not read the latest report? Harden even preferred to play with John Wall over Westbrook, and thats one of his best buddies. That says a whole lot.

Westbrook is going to run Beal out of his own team lol that's what he does, its a trend going on haven't u got the memo yet? I would definitely take KAT, Beal and Gobert over Westbrick, at least they wouldn't choke in the playoffs. And Beal has played in several playoffs before. Gobert is a DPOY candidate every single year, heck yea I'm taking him over westbrick , by a landslide.

You really wouldn't take Steph over Westbrook ? lmaooo that tells me all I need to know about your basketball knowledge. Don't forget Westbrook was injured this year as well and he's over 30 . You must have forgotten PG13 LED his own team in Indiana to a tough ECF against the HEAT big 3. PG13 has already surpassed Westbrook. But don't forget a rookie Donavon Mitchell outplayed Westbrook and swept him out the 1st round. Dame Lillard waved bye bye to him.

Butler literally led a whole team to the finals recently , what are you smoking bro? this is a team game not who has the best stats at seasons ends. I dont understand how u can underestimate the value of being good in the playoffs, thats the most important time for a player to show up. Tatum also led his team to the ECF, way farther than Westbrook ever done as as a leader, and he's still young. I guarantee 99.8% of fans will choose Tatum over Westbrook. Go ask around, I dare you.

He is definitely not a top 10 player and that's the real fact because their is information to prove he is not. Where is your proof he's a top 10 player. GO ahead and find any statistics you won't to prove that he is . All those triple double didn't amount to nothing but a 1st round exit. When Westbrook LEADS a team out the first round then come see me.

A lot of hate here bro lol. You do know Russ is one chip away from being overhyped right. Wizards going to trade him in as soon as they'll get a decent offer. They just didn't want to go into this season with Wall and that drama he was going to bring. If LAC would trade for him and they'll win one?
Russ has MVP behind his back and was bringing them into PO each and every year, that alone puts him into top ten.

What are you talking about? He's already way overhyped, look at how much your overhyping him now. I don't hate Russ at all, I use to be a fan but he can't do anything in the post season. I don't buy too much into the regular season hype if u can't win in the PO which he can't. And it's proven he's not a winning player because he's had several other great players on his team and the same result happens, the problem is him.

He won the MVP how many years ago? 2017? he's already 30 bro and he's regressing. He had an historic year or 2 but that doesn't warrant him a top 10 player. LOL u actually chose Westbrick over steph thats hilarious. Everybody knows Westbrook is overrated its not even a secret now. Just go on the General Board, they're voting right now for the top players in the league, they are at #10 and Westbrook is not even an honorable mention yet.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,902

Post#3175 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Dec 4, 2020 11:31 am

MGrand15 wrote:I'm good either way with what we do. Harden would give us arguably the most skilled team in history. Whether we win a chip or not, that would be awesome to watch.

If we don't get Harden, I'm totally cool with what we have. I think perfection + balance is a little overrated with championship teams. Plenty of teams win chips with holes on their roster. Most recently, the Lakers struggled in the half court and were depending on washed up Rondo as their PG in the playoffs. The Lebron/Kyrie Cavs had crazy defensive issues. It worked out because they had stars + an identity. You just need to be ELITE on one side of the ball + competitive and smart on the other side.

If things look bad, Marks should have no problem flipping Dinwiddie/LeVert and/or 1st round pick for a 3+D wing. Those defensive guys are highly valued in the offseason but once the season starts and teams see where they stand, it'll be easier to grab them.

Also, this is random but it's pretty wild that Allen Crabbe is straight up out of the league now. That dude either has serious injury issues or straight up doesn't give an F about basketball.

This is how I feel. Right now Houston is dicking around. Why get ourselves worked up over it? We have a very solid roster at the moment with two highly efficient star players leading the charge.

Marks has us positioned to either go with what we have or if Houston stops being silly, we can trade for Harden and still have a solid roster around the Big 3 due to the depth that Marks has packed this roster with.

No sense in losing sleep over Harden. As the days tick away Houston's leverage will continue to swirl around into the toilet. Meanwhile, I expect to see a high powered offensive team capturing the attention of the NBA Fandom and media.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#3176 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Dec 4, 2020 2:09 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:4 year treadmill? :lol:

You said "Future"... Kyrie/KD are the present, not the future. It was stated the concern is we would mortgage our future to bring in harden if we dealt our young players. a 30 year old levert/dinwiddie and a 25-28 year old allen after this current run isnt doing much for your future but treadmill

Lebron... the guy who won with:

Wade/Bosh
Kyrie/Love
AD

yeah thet guy won with stars.

5 draft picks IS a reasonable offer. especially when its really 3 since 2 are swaps. so we either get 2 picks back or they simply dont convey.

30 year old Levert and Allen could be All Stars. What are you talking about?

Of course Harden is far better. But giving up all picks for the forseeable future and all our young assets hamstrings us.

I would give up 3 picks and 2 pick swaps max plus CLV/Allen/Dinwiddie. Anything more than that is just stupid.

Lol LeBron has had role players every time hes won. We already have 2 stars.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#3177 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Dec 4, 2020 2:10 pm

haosmoove wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

What's reasonable to you is unreasonable to most people and every GM in the league. 5 picks for James Harden is not unreasonable. Paul George fetched 7 picks, Jrue Holiday fetched 3.

Both clear overpays for desperate teams.

Clippers needed to sign Kawhi. Bucks need to keep Giannis.

What exactly is our desperation?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#3178 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Dec 4, 2020 2:43 pm

I think 3 1sts and 2 swaps is fair. No one told the Clippers to give up 7 1sts for Paul George

Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,069

Post#3179 » by Netaman » Fri Dec 4, 2020 3:25 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I think 3 1sts and 2 swaps is fair. No one told the Clippers to give up 7 1sts for Paul George

Kawhi did :lol:
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#3180 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Dec 4, 2020 5:13 pm

Netaman wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I think 3 1sts and 2 swaps is fair. No one told the Clippers to give up 7 1sts for Paul George

Kawhi did :lol:

from what's being reported, that isn't all that he told them to do :lol:

Return to Brooklyn Nets