ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets @ Bucks Playoffs 2ND Round Game 3 Thursday 7:30

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

ecuhus1981
RealGM
Posts: 15,548
And1: 956
Joined: Jun 19, 2007
       

Re: GT: Nets @ Bucks Playoffs 2ND Round Game 3 Thursday 7:30 

Post#601 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:21 am

Good gut check for the team, I hope we learn from this lesson. If we don't, it'll be a long series.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
User avatar
Stone
Veteran
Posts: 2,602
And1: 570
Joined: Dec 26, 2005
Location: Jersey
 

Re: GT: Nets @ Bucks Playoffs 2ND Round Game 3 Thursday 7:30 

Post#602 » by Stone » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:04 am

Prokorov wrote:
Stone wrote:That first quarter hurt us also. Even though we clawed our way back into it, we would have been way ahead if did no do so poorly in the first.


if they didnt play equally bad in the second, we lose by 20



Agreed, and believe me for those reasons I am concerned about last nights loss. Neither team shot well. We are going to have to study the film and make adjustments.

It is going to be a dog fight. But thats Ok, the Bucks are a good team and I want to see us earn our way to the next round.
NetsJets
Rookie
Posts: 1,026
And1: 203
Joined: Oct 27, 2015
   

Re: GT: Nets @ Bucks Playoffs 2ND Round Game 3 Thursday 7:30 

Post#603 » by NetsJets » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:11 pm

Prokorov wrote:
NetsJets wrote:We didn’t play good at all and we only lost by 3. I think we’ll be fine. That 2nd to last play was just a good defensive play by the Bucks.


To be fair, they didnt play good at all and they still won by 3.

They played better than we did.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 38,902
And1: 15,191
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: GT: Nets @ Bucks Playoffs 2ND Round Game 3 Thursday 7:30 

Post#604 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:32 pm

Who's making the next game thread? Me and Stone are eliminated so we need someone to pick up the dice next and take us on a hot streak.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 39,032
And1: 13,037
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: GT: Nets @ Bucks Playoffs 2ND Round Game 3 Thursday 7:30 

Post#605 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:37 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
NetsJets wrote:We didn’t play good at all and we only lost by 3. I think we’ll be fine. That 2nd to last play was just a good defensive play by the Bucks.


To be fair, they didnt play good at all and they still won by 3.


They haven't played good all series lol. Theyre not that good of a team offensively.


They are an elite offensive team.

#1 in PPG
#4 in points per 100 possesions
Round 1 vs. miami was the highest Ortg in 20+ years for 7 game series

Defense is one thing, but the numbers on uncontested shots would indicate they are about to go off soon once things level out. nerves were part of it. they have to be confident right now they can win
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 39,032
And1: 13,037
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: GT: Nets @ Bucks Playoffs 2ND Round Game 3 Thursday 7:30 

Post#606 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:38 pm

therealbig3 wrote:Too much doom and gloom because of a 3 point loss. A margin that small in a playoff game means only one thing...it could have gone either way. And based on what I've seen, the Nets have more room for improvement than the Bucks do going forward.

Not worried. KD/Kyrie are bound to shoot better, and I'd be shocked if Harris shoots that poorly again, although I can't expect "great" performances out of him in the PS at this point, just too unreliable when the lights are brightest.



Harris will shoot better at home. He is likely awful again in game 4. Every single buck is shooting significant below their season and playoff averages. im not sure how you can say definitively we have more room to improve.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 39,032
And1: 13,037
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: GT: Nets @ Bucks Playoffs 2ND Round Game 3 Thursday 7:30 

Post#607 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:39 pm

Jay555 wrote:Calm down, guys. We shot horrible but were pretty much in the game till last sec. If anything, we should feel pretty good about ourselves. Bucks being at home with refrees help plus Middletons abnormal shooting performance were only able to beat us by 3. This is the Celtics G3 all over again. I expect us to come out gun blazing in G4 and finsiah them off in G5. If Harden is back then, that would be even better.


They shot awful and won. thats better then shooting awful and losing. they stand to shoot better as much as we do.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 39,032
And1: 13,037
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: GT: Nets @ Bucks Playoffs 2ND Round Game 3 Thursday 7:30 

Post#608 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:43 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I mean, the main thing as a team is that we failed to get Durant the ball on multiple possessions after the guy destroyed the Bucks on offense late the 4th.

Lots of blame to go around. Nash should have reeled the team in and got everyone on the same page. Brown needs to know his role. This is a team loss and I predict we will see better on Sunday. Hopefully we get Green back

Bro they send double. It was literally anyone but KD.

I'm not sure where Kyrie was. Rip that ball from Brown and make it happen, dude didn't want it at all.


Kyrie was screaming for Brown to pass him the ball back on Brown's ill advised drive that cost us the game.

Kyrie should have called time out once he got in trouble. That entire play was screwed from the beginning because the inbounds pass was so bad it put Irving in an awful position


Brown Gathers the ball with 8 seconds left. on what he knows is a severely broken play, with a clear lane right in front of him. Its the only play that makes sense for him. It is on the coaches to call a timeout once he gets it and on kyrie to call one once he gathered it.

browns job with 8 seconds and counting on a broken play with a lane is to do exactly what he did. the only thing i can even find criticism with is not attacking the defenders body instead of trying to score around him. although the way this series is officiated, refs are letting them play, so you likely dont see a whistle their unless its a clear hard foul.

If you dont want brown to be agressive going to the hoop with an open lane after a play breaks down, then you shouldnt have him on the floor.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 38,902
And1: 15,191
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: GT: Nets @ Bucks Playoffs 2ND Round Game 3 Thursday 7:30 

Post#609 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:59 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Bro they send double. It was literally anyone but KD.

I'm not sure where Kyrie was. Rip that ball from Brown and make it happen, dude didn't want it at all.


Kyrie was screaming for Brown to pass him the ball back on Brown's ill advised drive that cost us the game.

Kyrie should have called time out once he got in trouble. That entire play was screwed from the beginning because the inbounds pass was so bad it put Irving in an awful position


Brown Gathers the ball with 8 seconds left. on what he knows is a severely broken play, with a clear lane right in front of him. Its the only play that makes sense for him. It is on the coaches to call a timeout once he gets it and on kyrie to call one once he gathered it.

browns job with 8 seconds and counting on a broken play with a lane is to do exactly what he did. the only thing i can even find criticism with is not attacking the defenders body instead of trying to score around him. although the way this series is officiated, refs are letting them play, so you likely dont see a whistle their unless its a clear hard foul.

If you dont want brown to be agressive going to the hoop with an open lane after a play breaks down, then you shouldnt have him on the floor.


Yeah I mean if he makes that drive we are having a different discussion now. I'm not mad at Brown tbh, but he's got to gain better situational awareness. Get the ball to Kyrie or call time out so we can reset. Or, as you stated, Nash should have called time out once we had clear possesion because the play was broken.

Steve has a bad habit watching instead of reacting. Sometimes you have to save the players from themselves
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 39,032
And1: 13,037
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: GT: Nets @ Bucks Playoffs 2ND Round Game 3 Thursday 7:30 

Post#610 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:28 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Kyrie was screaming for Brown to pass him the ball back on Brown's ill advised drive that cost us the game.

Kyrie should have called time out once he got in trouble. That entire play was screwed from the beginning because the inbounds pass was so bad it put Irving in an awful position


Brown Gathers the ball with 8 seconds left. on what he knows is a severely broken play, with a clear lane right in front of him. Its the only play that makes sense for him. It is on the coaches to call a timeout once he gets it and on kyrie to call one once he gathered it.

browns job with 8 seconds and counting on a broken play with a lane is to do exactly what he did. the only thing i can even find criticism with is not attacking the defenders body instead of trying to score around him. although the way this series is officiated, refs are letting them play, so you likely dont see a whistle their unless its a clear hard foul.

If you dont want brown to be agressive going to the hoop with an open lane after a play breaks down, then you shouldnt have him on the floor.


Yeah I mean if he makes that drive we are having a different discussion now. I'm not mad at Brown tbh, but he's got to gain better situational awareness. Get the ball to Kyrie or call time out so we can reset. Or, as you stated, Nash should have called time out once we had clear possesion because the play was broken.

Steve has a bad habit watching instead of reacting. Sometimes you have to save the players from themselves


I think Brown DID have situational awareness.

Broken play. Durant/Harris/Blake standing still in the corners with defenders right on them. Kyrie rolls and calls for the ball, but Jrue/Lopez are on him.

Brown has 4 choices:

1) attack the rim
2) make a pocket pass to Kyrie in traffic
3) pull the ball out and try and reset (with less then 8 seconds)
4) Call a timeout

He chose option 1. Option 3 to me is not an option given the time left. he would need to pull it back out to the top and then try and hand it off to someone with 4 -5 seconds who would also get automatically doubled where brown probably gets the same situaiton, only now with less time.

Option 4 is one for the coaches/kyrie. Brown has a lane and a decision to make. timeout isnt a factor there for him.

Look at the video... would you prefer a brown pocket pass to kyrie here:
Read on Twitter


I mean, i can only image the outrange if brown turns it over trying to make that pass. I dont see the opportunity to pass it to kyrie thats clear and clean
User avatar
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
Posts: 10,806
And1: 7,687
Joined: Dec 24, 2012
   

Re: GT: Nets @ Bucks Playoffs 2ND Round Game 3 Thursday 7:30 

Post#611 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:45 pm

Lol Prok do you really want to die on this hill?

You're in full freak out mode after one loss acting like the series is over. If we hold on and win this series you will never hear the end of it from us for being a spazz lol.
HEAT33 wrote:Nets not even the best team in NY without Durant
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 38,902
And1: 15,191
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: GT: Nets @ Bucks Playoffs 2ND Round Game 3 Thursday 7:30 

Post#612 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:13 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Brown Gathers the ball with 8 seconds left. on what he knows is a severely broken play, with a clear lane right in front of him. Its the only play that makes sense for him. It is on the coaches to call a timeout once he gets it and on kyrie to call one once he gathered it.

browns job with 8 seconds and counting on a broken play with a lane is to do exactly what he did. the only thing i can even find criticism with is not attacking the defenders body instead of trying to score around him. although the way this series is officiated, refs are letting them play, so you likely dont see a whistle their unless its a clear hard foul.

If you dont want brown to be agressive going to the hoop with an open lane after a play breaks down, then you shouldnt have him on the floor.


Yeah I mean if he makes that drive we are having a different discussion now. I'm not mad at Brown tbh, but he's got to gain better situational awareness. Get the ball to Kyrie or call time out so we can reset. Or, as you stated, Nash should have called time out once we had clear possesion because the play was broken.

Steve has a bad habit watching instead of reacting. Sometimes you have to save the players from themselves


I think Brown DID have situational awareness.

Broken play. Durant/Harris/Blake standing still in the corners with defenders right on them. Kyrie rolls and calls for the ball, but Jrue/Lopez are on him.

Brown has 4 choices:

1) attack the rim
2) make a pocket pass to Kyrie in traffic
3) pull the ball out and try and reset (with less then 8 seconds)
4) Call a timeout

He chose option 1. Option 3 to me is not an option given the time left. he would need to pull it back out to the top and then try and hand it off to someone with 4 -5 seconds who would also get automatically doubled where brown probably gets the same situaiton, only now with less time.

Option 4 is one for the coaches/kyrie. Brown has a lane and a decision to make. timeout isnt a factor there for him.

Look at the video... would you prefer a brown pocket pass to kyrie here:
Read on Twitter


I mean, i can only image the outrange if brown turns it over trying to make that pass. I dont see the opportunity to pass it to kyrie thats clear and clean


Option 4 is the correct choice in hindsight. He had nothing there despite the lane.

I'm not gonna kill the guy for being aggressive, but that's not his game. Not in those situations.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 14,100
And1: 1,734
Joined: Mar 15, 2012
         

Re: GT: Nets @ Bucks Playoffs 2ND Round Game 3 Thursday 7:30 

Post#613 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:38 pm

Joe Harris can't afford having bad cold spells in his "off" games.... he really needs to get over any nerves or mental blocks give back more to the team offensively. Had he made one bucket, a 2 or 3, perhaps a different outcome.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Gooner
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,601
And1: 5,146
Joined: Sep 02, 2018
 

Re: GT: Nets @ Bucks Playoffs 2ND Round Game 3 Thursday 7:30 

Post#614 » by Gooner » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:50 pm

One criticism I have for Kyrie's game is that he settles for 3's too much. He can shoot it from there, but he needs to get deeper and make that mid range shot which is automatic for him, and then he has defense at his mercy. He can make defense collapse and kick it out to his teammates, or he gets all the way to the rim. That's why he never fulfilled his playmaking potential, Kyrie is an elite passer by skill, but he settles too much. He needs to attack Lopez and force him to make a decision.
Shark
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,941
And1: 577
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
       

Re: GT: Nets @ Bucks Playoffs 2ND Round Game 3 Thursday 7:30 

Post#615 » by Shark » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:13 pm

Gooner wrote:One criticism I have for Kyrie's game is that he settles for 3's too much. He can shoot it from there, but he needs to get deeper and make that mid range shot which is automatic for him, and then he has defense at his mercy. He can make defense collapse and kick it out to his teammates, or he gets all the way to the rim. That's why he never fulfilled his playmaking potential, Kyrie is an elite passer by skill, but he settles too much. He needs to attack Lopez and force him to make a decision.

At one point we got into the bonus with 4+ minutes left in a quarter. I fully expect Kyrie to start attacking the basket, but it didn't happen. That's the one thing I would definitely like to see more from him.
andrewww
General Manager
Posts: 7,859
And1: 2,558
Joined: Jul 26, 2006
     

Re: GT: Nets @ Bucks Playoffs 2ND Round Game 3 Thursday 7:30 

Post#616 » by andrewww » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:47 pm

I know the specific jerseys worn each game are pre determined by each team, but for the love of god can the Nets stop wearing the white 'association' jerseys? They almost never seem to play well wearing these and are now 0-2 in the playoffs in this jersey.

If a jersey with a lighter colorway is needed, why not wear the grey 'statement' jerseys?
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 37,217
And1: 10,517
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

GT: Nets @ Bucks Playoffs 2ND Round Game 3 Thursday 7:30 

Post#617 » by Paradise » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:24 pm

andrewww wrote:I know the specific jerseys worn each game are pre determined by each team, but for the love of god can the Nets stop wearing the white 'association' jerseys? They almost never seem to play well wearing these and are now 0-2 in the playoffs in this jersey.

If a jersey with a lighter colorway is needed, why not wear the grey 'statement' jerseys?

Thankfully, we will be wearing our primary black ‘Icon’ jerseys on Sunday.
DarkXaero
RealGM
Posts: 12,481
And1: 4,476
Joined: Mar 25, 2011
   

Re: GT: Nets @ Bucks Playoffs 2ND Round Game 3 Thursday 7:30 

Post#618 » by DarkXaero » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:43 pm

Shark wrote:
Gooner wrote:One criticism I have for Kyrie's game is that he settles for 3's too much. He can shoot it from there, but he needs to get deeper and make that mid range shot which is automatic for him, and then he has defense at his mercy. He can make defense collapse and kick it out to his teammates, or he gets all the way to the rim. That's why he never fulfilled his playmaking potential, Kyrie is an elite passer by skill, but he settles too much. He needs to attack Lopez and force him to make a decision.

At one point we got into the bonus with 4+ minutes left in a quarter. I fully expect Kyrie to start attacking the basket, but it didn't happen. That's the one thing I would definitely like to see more from him.
I think part of the reason is the heavy minutes he's playing. We rarely saw him attack last night and he was on the court majority of the game.
DarkXaero
RealGM
Posts: 12,481
And1: 4,476
Joined: Mar 25, 2011
   

Re: GT: Nets @ Bucks Playoffs 2ND Round Game 3 Thursday 7:30 

Post#619 » by DarkXaero » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:47 pm

Prokorov wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
KD scored 30 just like Giannis... on less shots and without the airballed FTs.

They scored 86 points on 37% shooting. hard to really make a case they were anything but awful, despite whatever middleton may have done.

It would, in my opinion, be naive to think they dont score and shoot drastically better in games 4 through 7.

I also dont think people should just pencil in "W"'s if Harden plays... he may be limited both minutes wise and ability when he returns. And if the bucks start clicking, it may still be an uphill battled.
.
Game 4 may be our entire season.
Well, Bucks poor shooting from 3 has been a trend for this series. People (including me) said that Bucks won't shoot this poorly from 3 after game 1, and yet, here we are. I thought Bucks would put on a much better offensive performance at home yet they came away with their worst offensive performance. I think it's pretty clear to see that our gameplan & defensive execution against Bucks is very effective and the Bucks simply haven't been able to get a rhythm offensively this series. Unfortunately, our worst defensive lapses happened in the final minute tonight and it cost us the game. So yes, Bucks can improve offensively and I'm sure they will. But our margin for improvement this series is far greater, we didn't get a single good offensive performance tonight, and didn't shoot anywhere close to our playoffs averages.


Bucks have a much larger margin for improvement. especially with a win and confidence. they wont continue to shoot 26% on wide open threes. that cant last.
Again, we had Joe Harris and KD missing easy looks. Not a single player shot 50% or above. With the exception of Middleton, I'm not too worried about Bucks shooting, they have a lot of unreliable shooters on the floor (Tucker, Brook, Giannis, Jrue). We've done a fantastic job contesting their 3s and messing up their rhythm.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 39,032
And1: 13,037
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: GT: Nets @ Bucks Playoffs 2ND Round Game 3 Thursday 7:30 

Post#620 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:59 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Well, Bucks poor shooting from 3 has been a trend for this series. People (including me) said that Bucks won't shoot this poorly from 3 after game 1, and yet, here we are. I thought Bucks would put on a much better offensive performance at home yet they came away with their worst offensive performance. I think it's pretty clear to see that our gameplan & defensive execution against Bucks is very effective and the Bucks simply haven't been able to get a rhythm offensively this series. Unfortunately, our worst defensive lapses happened in the final minute tonight and it cost us the game. So yes, Bucks can improve offensively and I'm sure they will. But our margin for improvement this series is far greater, we didn't get a single good offensive performance tonight, and didn't shoot anywhere close to our playoffs averages.


Bucks have a much larger margin for improvement. especially with a win and confidence. they wont continue to shoot 26% on wide open threes. that cant last.
Again, we had Joe Harris and KD missing easy looks. Not a single player shot 50% or above. With the exception of Middleton, I'm not too worried about Bucks shooting, they have a lot of unreliable shooters on the floor (Tucker, Brook, Giannis, Jrue). We've done a fantastic job contesting their 3s and messing up their rhythm.



harris missing easy shots was the expected result. will be again on the road game 4.

Return to Brooklyn Nets