ImageImageImageImageImage

Going forward to next season and beyond

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Going forward to next season and beyond 

Post#61 » by Prokorov » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:46 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I would 1000x rather have Reddick than Harris to be honest.

We all know hes dying to come to Brooklyn to live in his apartment there. And I doubt he commands much on the open market.

I would just trade Harris for defensive help. It doesn't even have to be like a great 3 and D guy. Just someone who can defend and occasionally hit a 3. Even if not at a great clip.

I would look at add Royce O'Neal or Derrick White. Maybe Lonzo Ball even? Danny Green? Marcus Smart?

But I doubt they trade Harris. They probably bring him back and convince themselves he can improve.

I dont think Harris needs to improve, i just think you cant count on him if he is your #2 shooter where the defense can focus on him. You also need a coach to realize he is a role guy and not a star and if he is bricking shots you go to the other 40% sniper on your bench.

That said, if we have reddick then reddick/shamet is certainly enough to move joe for a big or other area of need. I like Temple/Markannen type deal for Joe if reddick is onboard. he has wanted to come here, but also wanted his money. not sure if he is an MLE guy yet. i hope so.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#62 » by DarkXaero » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:01 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Sean Marks is great at saying things without really saying anything, but I think this says enough that he understands Joe's place on the roster isn't 100% secure.
Mosdefinition
Senior
And1: 116

Post#63 » by Mosdefinition » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:47 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Ok. We need to see if there's a team dumb enough to trade for Joe Harris.

I think he's actually easy to move I think forcing the team to take Jordan with him is key

Maybe OKC would just take the 28 million
Mosdefinition
Senior
And1: 116

Post#64 » by Mosdefinition » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:49 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Sean Marks is great at saying things without really saying anything, but I think this says enough that he understands Joe's place on the roster isn't 100% secure.

I think there's only 3 guys who's spots are secure next season
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#65 » by Paradise » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:52 pm

I’m liking Tre Mann as a Dinwiddie replacement. He’s mocked around our range at 27. Long term, he could be a wise investment. Same with Ayo Dosunmu. We need more youthful guys like Bruce, Clax and Shamet.

Joe should only be dealt for a legitimate upgrade. Covington, Gallinari, etc. I can’t see anyone replicating his production through 82 games to secure a top seed. We’d have deal him with a purpose to get high two way talent or a more experienced shooter. I can’t see that happening right now.

We should exhaust our ring chasing options first and focus on extensions for Harden, Brown, Green and/or Griffin.

How do we politely shed DAJ?

What options exist for a S&T for Spencer?

What are we going to do with 4 draft picks? How far can we get packaging those with a current player for a higher pick or vet on a treadmill team?
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#66 » by Sharcm1 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:12 am

Joe better be a net next season. He is the perfect compliment to the big three. We will deal with it in the play offs better if he didn’t have to play so much to compensate for the injuries.
Suwanee
Junior
And1: 174

Post#67 » by Suwanee » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:30 am

If you have to trade Joe Harris, wait till the trade deadline after he rebuilds his trade value with his close to 50% 3PT shooting in the regular season.

Personally I wouldn’t trade him. The last series is just a anomaly. Whatever the reason is, be it fatigue, bad shooting slump at the worst time, or mental, should be easily fixable.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,867

Post#68 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:38 am

3pt_chucker wrote:I won't feel comfortable about anything Nets going forward as long as Nash is HC. Unless he makes a massive jump next season, he will always hold this team back from reaching its potential even if all 3 stars are healthy.

Looks like Nash staying , he just become new investor in Joes Tsai lacrosse team , oh lord :banghead:
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#69 » by Prokorov » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:33 am

DarkXaero wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

yeah to me this basically screams we would trade him if we got a good offer.

very easy to be clear a guy is staying, this statement isnt that
Jay555
Sixth Man
And1: 859

Post#70 » by Jay555 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:35 am

Damn, both KD and Harden are committed to the Olympics..Wish they get more rest but good for them…
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,867

Post#71 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:35 am

What about defensive minded , hustle C , Daniel Theis ? He was often solid against us while he played for Celtics
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#72 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:37 am

Prokorov wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:Next year's roster:
Locked in: KD, Harden, Kyrie, Shamet, Claxton, Alize

Resign if possible (raise needed, by order of importance): Griffin, Brown, Green

Resign if possible (minimum type deals): TJ, Mike James

Trade Bait Bubble: Joe Harris

Trade Bait/Dump/Walk: DJ, Dinwiddie

Not retained: Chiozza, TLC, Perry (2way Bubble)

Thought process: You keep guys on rookie & near minimum deals that you're unlikely to find better options at that dollar value. You're better of with guys familiar with your system than similar or worse players from the outside.

Dinwiddie is cost prohibitive as a tertiary ball handler. Yes we really needed him with Kyrie down & Harden hobbled, but much like how football teams don't carry expensive 3rd string QBs, you can't drop that kind of money on your 3rd guard. I'm not sure there will be a big/any S&T market for him, but if Marks can get some value for him he will.

Jordan has clearly lost his influence with the arrival of Harden, and he permanently resides in the dog house. If he can be traded for somebody else's trash that we think could contribute (see Kemba/Horford, Mozgov/Howard), we'll do it. A buy out would not shock me either, although I am not sure how much DJ can recoup on the open market.

Chiozza, TLC & Perry are obviously upgradable.

Joe Harris is Mr. Bubble. I'm sure there will be interest in him around the league, but teams will play hardball thinking he will be traded as our scapegoat. You can't deal him just for the sake of dealing him. He is too good most of the time to give away. If you can package him with DJ or Dinwiddie to bring in somebody's higher priced talented salary dump, that could be intriguing.

As far as FAs go, expect minimum type ring chasing vets to fill out the end of the bench. Guys like Redick, Temple, McGee, Millsap, etc.

sign and trade hard caps us right? if so it would need to be a big deal for a big name id think... otherwise we cripple our ability to add anyone else to the roster.

Receiving a sign and trade player hard caps you. Sending one out does not.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,496

Post#73 » by HardenGoat » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:00 am

Guys. You can’t fire a rookie coach after starting a team newly assembled with a season riddled with injuries while 2 of your best players get injured in the playoffs. Not gonna happen. The message sent would be a disaster worse than anything the coach did or failed to do.
Jta444
Sophomore
And1: 167

Post#74 » by Jta444 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:04 am

HardenGoat wrote:Guys. You can’t fire a rookie coach after starting a team newly assembled with a season riddled with injuries while 2 of your best players get injured in the playoffs. Not gonna happen. The message sent would be a disaster worse than anything the coach did or failed to do.

Yea. Doesn’t really matter who the coach is. Nash ain’t even that bad. We were just unlucky with injuries. As long as we’re healthy next playoffs I think we would dominate. Which team in the East can really challenge us fully healthy? The Sixers have just collapsed. We were about to beat the Bucks, who were supposed to be our greatest threat, in 4 or 5 games had Kyrie not been injured by Giannis. And that’s without Harden. Health should be most important. We should coast the regular season. Seeding doesnt even matter.
bubonicphoniks
Bench Warmer
And1: 897

Post#75 » by bubonicphoniks » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:37 am

Nash should be out.

When was the last time any players praised Nash or even spoke his name?

We don't have time to develop a guy.

Sent from my SM-G998U using RealGM mobile app
brook
Senior
And1: 115

Post#76 » by brook » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:47 am

Under contract:

KD
Irving
Harden
Shamet
Harris
Claxton
Jordan
Alize

Must keep:

Brown
Griffin
Green

Green plays for the minimum since many years and we can pay Brown and Griffin. Also Blake is already paid well from Pistons.

I will keep also Tyler Johnson, Mike James and Perry, the first two with minimum exception are totally ok and Perry with two-way.

Chiozza and TLC can go.

I prefer to use picks to dump Jordan that is totally useless instead of Harris. Joe will be ok with a lesser role if we are healthy.

I hope will keep Dinwiddie but probably he will demand 20+ millions per year and with the injury, I don't know. Probably the best choice will be make a sign and trade.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,580

Post#77 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:49 am

Not sure where the Nash hate is coming from or why anyone would think its a good idea to fire him after the season we just had.

Extremely illogical thinking in this thread.
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#78 » by Gooner » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:47 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I would 1000x rather have Reddick than Harris to be honest.

We all know hes dying to come to Brooklyn to live in his apartment there. And I doubt he commands much on the open market.

I would just trade Harris for defensive help. It doesn't even have to be like a great 3 and D guy. Just someone who can defend and occasionally hit a 3. Even if not at a great clip.

I would look at add Royce O'Neal or Derrick White. Maybe Lonzo Ball even? Danny Green? Marcus Smart?

But I doubt they trade Harris. They probably bring him back and convince themselves he can improve.

Harris is younger, bigger and better overall player than Reddick. JJ had his stinkers aswell, every shooter does.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,496

Post#79 » by HardenGoat » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:28 pm

Dragic would be a big upgrade over Mike James and is a close friend with Nash. He’s also a clutch player that can be depended on. I would be thrilled if we could get him. Obviously health is our biggest obstacle going forward but he would provide the depth we need considering 2 of our big 3 are guards. We have to focus there if we learned anything from this year. A sign and trade for Kelly Oubre is also sitting in our lap. Oubre is an elite defensive wing. Getting those 2 would be huge. Theres a big difference between Harris and a player like Oubre when it come a to beating a player and finishing at the rim. Harris just dribbles the ball through the paint and looks to pass with time running out. Oubre would smash the ball through the rim or get fouled. On the other end it’s a night and day difference. Oubre can consistently defend the other teams best player. He literally shut down Kawhi when they played them.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,828

Post#80 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:41 pm

Read on Twitter

You've got to think that KD's stock around the league has to be up considerably after what he did in Game 7. We lost, but man, how many vet ring chasers were watching that game thinking "I can help this guy"?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to Brooklyn Nets