ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, Vs Hornets in Home Opener, @LAL on Christmas Day

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 39,827
And1: 15,931
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, Vs Hornets in Home Opener, @LAL on Christmas Day 

Post#61 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:22 am

One thing is for certain: Nash absolutely cannot run Harden into the ground like he did last season. We are going to have to rely on the bench more.
The Deer Hunters
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 39,917
And1: 13,389
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, Vs Hornets in Home Opener, @LAL on Christmas Day 

Post#62 » by Prokorov » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:07 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:After nerding out sufficiently on the NBA's schedule release, here are my thoughts on our Nets:

Rest is our friend, and our W-L record's enemy. As one of the oldest teams in the league, even with up to 5 rookies, it behooves us to load manage for the long haul.

For the season, I predict we will go 61-21, good for 1st in the East and 2nd overall. I envision 13 prime opportunities for us to rest our Big 3, and in those games I have us going 4-9. That means at full strength, I see us going 57-12, on pace for one of the all-time regular season best winning %'s.

As we know, it isn't about the regular season. The key is keeping Kyrie, Harden and Durant as fresh as reasonably possible for the playoffs.

I've warmed to the idea of Cameron Thomas being an immediate contributor. I still don't think he'll have a consistent 18mpg role for 82 games, but in games where 2 of the superstars sit, he could feature. That way, we keep the 2nd unit guards in their typical role, while he leapfrogs from the deep bench to being a guy that could take 15 shots in a game. He'll get to apprentice for the go-to scoring role, like the D'Artagnian for our 3 Musketeers.

With a bit of luck, we could win it all, AND get our youngsters some valuable experience. Best of both worlds.


I think we win 52-56 games. in a longer season a top 2 seed will be tougher and not as important as health. Miami and milwaukee are built for 60+ wins.

Kyrie and KD are locks to miss 10-15 games minimum to injury each. thats in addition to rest. Optomistically we get 60 each from those two. Harden probably closer to 70-75 games. Blake will miss a ton of time. Id expect the big 3 to play at most 45-50 games together. at least 2 of the big three for 60-65 games together.

i dont think our regular season record will be all that impressive
User avatar
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
Posts: 11,543
And1: 8,296
Joined: Dec 24, 2012
   

Re: Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, Vs Hornets in Home Opener, @LAL on Christmas Day 

Post#63 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:09 pm

Yeah I think we should get 60+ wins.

We didn't have KD for half of last season and Harden for most. Still we managed to be a #2 seed.

This year with everyone healthy we should win a lot more games. We also have an improved bench.
HEAT33 wrote:Nets not even the best team in NY without Durant
ecuhus1981
RealGM
Posts: 15,826
And1: 1,048
Joined: Jun 19, 2007
       

Re: Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, Vs Hornets in Home Opener, @LAL on Christmas Day 

Post#64 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:28 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Yeah I think we should get 60+ wins.

We didn't have KD for half of last season and Harden for most. Still we managed to be a #2 seed.

This year with everyone healthy we should win a lot more games. We also have an improved bench.

Yessir, folks underestimate the value of a competent, veteran bench. As much as I loved our guys, too often they have away leads in 4min that our superstars built in 20min. To have a 2nd unit that can tread water is going to take so much pressure off of the Big 3, and yield even more wins.

Amidst all of the chaos of last season, we managed a 48-24 record, which extrapolated out to 82 games is 55-27. That's the rock-bottom basement of this team. Nash, no matter your thoughts on him, is bound to improve with coaching experience under his belt.

My 61-21 prediction accounts for 13 missed games by each of the Big 3, a combined total of 39 excuses absences for our Big 3. It is likely that Nash will stagger load management in back-to-backs, so they might not miss the same 13, but you get the idea. Heck, for every extra game that you predict 7 and 11 might miss above that 13th game, you can probably expect 13 to defy the odds and play. He's gunning for an MVP, so he's going to advocate playing as close to 82 as he can. He coasts in games where Kyrie and Kevin play, so that he can empty the tank when he's the only star on the court.

I know we're not perfect, but we're going to be very difficult to beat this season.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 39,917
And1: 13,389
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, Vs Hornets in Home Opener, @LAL on Christmas Day 

Post#65 » by Prokorov » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:54 pm

Bembry/Brown/J.Johnson types will help avoid losses like the pistons losses last year. Nash needs to get on board playing more grit guys who arent great shooters. at least in the regular season. Marks forced his hand there a bit, which is good.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 39,917
And1: 13,389
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, Vs Hornets in Home Opener, @LAL on Christmas Day 

Post#66 » by Prokorov » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:08 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Yeah I think we should get 60+ wins.

We didn't have KD for half of last season and Harden for most. Still we managed to be a #2 seed.

This year with everyone healthy we should win a lot more games. We also have an improved bench.

Yessir, folks underestimate the value of a competent, veteran bench. As much as I loved our guys, too often they have away leads in 4min that our superstars built in 20min. To have a 2nd unit that can tread water is going to take so much pressure off of the Big 3, and yield even more wins.


I actually think we lost alot of games cause our starters didnt bring it.... 2 pistons losses, wolves, spurts, just getting by the rockets and spurs in OT...

those games you need spark plugs and defenders....

Those games where we lose like 130-118 cause our starters dont defend or have energy can turn into like 108-100 wins cause we ride our dog defenders that we have now and muck up the game so its not just a track meet.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 39,827
And1: 15,931
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, Vs Hornets in Home Opener, @LAL on Christmas Day 

Post#67 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:55 am

Prokorov wrote:Bembry/Brown/J.Johnson types will help avoid losses like the pistons losses last year. Nash needs to get on board playing more grit guys who arent great shooters. at least in the regular season. Marks forced his hand there a bit, which is good.


Nash needs to stop with the 5 out bull ****. We can win games with line ups that have some defense in there with the Big 3
The Deer Hunters
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 39,827
And1: 15,931
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, Vs Hornets in Home Opener, @LAL on Christmas Day 

Post#68 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:57 am

By the way , what are everyone's thoughts on a Irving/Mills/Harden/Durant/Blake line up of doom?
The Deer Hunters
User avatar
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
Posts: 11,543
And1: 8,296
Joined: Dec 24, 2012
   

Re: Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, Vs Hornets in Home Opener, @LAL on Christmas Day 

Post#69 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:06 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:By the way , what are everyone's thoughts on a Irving/Mills/Harden/Durant/Blake line up of doom?


Irving/Mills/Harden seems like a tough look defensively. But willing to give it a shot.
HEAT33 wrote:Nets not even the best team in NY without Durant
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 39,917
And1: 13,389
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, Vs Hornets in Home Opener, @LAL on Christmas Day 

Post#70 » by Prokorov » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:03 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:By the way , what are everyone's thoughts on a Irving/Mills/Harden/Durant/Blake line up of doom?


Irving/Mills/Harden seems like a tough look defensively. But willing to give it a shot.


how much worse can mills be then harris on D? thats basically the swap with this lineup. i guess we lose some size
User avatar
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
Posts: 11,543
And1: 8,296
Joined: Dec 24, 2012
   

Re: Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, Vs Hornets in Home Opener, @LAL on Christmas Day 

Post#71 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:09 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:By the way , what are everyone's thoughts on a Irving/Mills/Harden/Durant/Blake line up of doom?


Irving/Mills/Harden seems like a tough look defensively. But willing to give it a shot.


how much worse can mills be then harris on D? thats basically the swap with this lineup. i guess we lose some size


Mills is only 6'1 though. And then you have Harden guarding 3s.
HEAT33 wrote:Nets not even the best team in NY without Durant
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 39,827
And1: 15,931
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, Vs Hornets in Home Opener, @LAL on Christmas Day 

Post#72 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:47 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:By the way , what are everyone's thoughts on a Irving/Mills/Harden/Durant/Blake line up of doom?


Irving/Mills/Harden seems like a tough look defensively. But willing to give it a shot.


Yeah I would use that line up in spurts. Otherwise, you mix in guys like Carter, Bembry, and Johnson
The Deer Hunters
TheNetsFan
Analyst
Posts: 3,586
And1: 896
Joined: Feb 11, 2007
   

Re: Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, Vs Hornets in Home Opener, @LAL on Christmas Day 

Post#73 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:05 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Irving/Mills/Harden seems like a tough look defensively. But willing to give it a shot.


how much worse can mills be then harris on D? thats basically the swap with this lineup. i guess we lose some size


Mills is only 6'1 though. And then you have Harden guarding 3s.

What's wrong with Harden guarding 3s other than he's best suited to guard 4s?
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 39,917
And1: 13,389
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, Vs Hornets in Home Opener, @LAL on Christmas Day 

Post#74 » by Prokorov » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:58 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
how much worse can mills be then harris on D? thats basically the swap with this lineup. i guess we lose some size


Mills is only 6'1 though. And then you have Harden guarding 3s.

What's wrong with Harden guarding 3s other than he's best suited to guard 4s?


yeah i dont anticipate harden guarding anything but 3s and 4s regardless of lineups
User avatar
buckboy
RealGM
Posts: 10,018
And1: 5,478
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: At the Gettin' Place
     

Re: Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, @LAL on Christmas Day 

Post#75 » by buckboy » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:49 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Wonka wrote:You guys are still mad at the Bucks? Nice 8-)

Prokorov, you came to our board ACTING all nice and sweet until things didn’t go your way. It’s always fun to see you entitled fans get your comeuppance. Win with class, lose with class. Find something else in your life to bitch about my guy.

Although, we over at the Bucks board do enjoy the free entertainment…


You guys come on our board routinely to cry your eyes out to our mods over me saying mean things to you guys, so you should be the last one talking about us providing free entertainment :lol: you're all fragile. You had a dude on here last week crying and threatening to report the mods on this board. You're all pathetic.

And winning with class? You dudes were on your board laughing about Giannis injuring Kyrie. You should be the last ones to ever say this. You guys are all complete scumbags and then you come on here trying to act holier than thou. It's hilarious


For the record, I was laughing at the complete and utter stupidity that is "Giannis hurt Kyrie on purpose", because, well, it might be the stupidest opinion I've ever seen espoused on the internet. Not laughing at Kyrie getting hurt.

Not that it'll matter to anyone here.

Carry on with your ranting. It's hilarious.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 39,827
And1: 15,931
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, @LAL on Christmas Day 

Post#76 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:10 pm

buckboy wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Wonka wrote:You guys are still mad at the Bucks? Nice 8-)

Prokorov, you came to our board ACTING all nice and sweet until things didn’t go your way. It’s always fun to see you entitled fans get your comeuppance. Win with class, lose with class. Find something else in your life to bitch about my guy.

Although, we over at the Bucks board do enjoy the free entertainment…


You guys come on our board routinely to cry your eyes out to our mods over me saying mean things to you guys, so you should be the last one talking about us providing free entertainment :lol: you're all fragile. You had a dude on here last week crying and threatening to report the mods on this board. You're all pathetic.

And winning with class? You dudes were on your board laughing about Giannis injuring Kyrie. You should be the last ones to ever say this. You guys are all complete scumbags and then you come on here trying to act holier than thou. It's hilarious


For the record, I was laughing at the complete and utter stupidity that is "Giannis hurt Kyrie on purpose", because, well, it might be the stupidest opinion I've ever seen espoused on the internet. Not laughing at Kyrie getting hurt.

Not that it'll matter to anyone here.

Carry on with your ranting. It's hilarious.


Image
The Deer Hunters
ecuhus1981
RealGM
Posts: 15,826
And1: 1,048
Joined: Jun 19, 2007
       

Re: Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, Vs Hornets in Home Opener, @LAL on Christmas Day 

Post#77 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:38 am

The more I examine the season schedule, especially with our newest FA signings, I just see an exceptionally great record.

Our defense and load management contributed to high variance last season. We'll still see our stars rest 10-12 games, and may miss as many with injuries. Even still, we'll be able score and defend at a playoff level. For example, an off-night 8-man rotation of Mills, Harden, Harris, Griffin, Claxton, Aldridge, Millsap and Brown would beat a lot of teams.

I'm raising my prediction, from 61-21 before the latest additions, to 69-13. I also predict we will go on an extraordinarily hot streak after Christmas, and will not lose a single game in the month of January. We're gonna have the best record in the league by at least 5 games, and if Nash manages well, we should also have the most rested stars when the postseason arrives.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 39,917
And1: 13,389
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, Vs Hornets in Home Opener, @LAL on Christmas Day 

Post#78 » by Prokorov » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:32 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:The more I examine the season schedule, especially with our newest FA signings, I just see an exceptionally great record.

Our defense and load management contributed to high variance last season. We'll still see our stars rest 10-12 games, and may miss as many with injuries. Even still, we'll be able score and defend at a playoff level. For example, an off-night 8-man rotation of Mills, Harden, Harris, Griffin, Claxton, Aldridge, Millsap and Brown would beat a lot of teams.

I'm raising my prediction, from 61-21 before the latest additions, to 69-13. I also predict we will go on an extraordinarily hot streak after Christmas, and will not lose a single game in the month of January. We're gonna have the best record in the league by at least 5 games, and if Nash manages well, we should also have the most rested stars when the postseason arrives.


No team coached by Nash is winning 69 games.

We dont have the health to win 69 games. and if we do win 69 games, its a bad sign that we ran stars into the ground. I agree about defenders, but we still need to play them and that just got alot less likely with milsap and LMA additions. Bembry could be cut, Milsap could take johnsons minutes and LMA will likely take claxtons minutes.

If we are load managing right, we will not be close to a 69 win team.

schedule also doesnt matter outside back to backs and west coast trips. we lost to a ton of awful teams last year. we will again if we bury our defenders
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 37,469
And1: 10,700
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, Vs Hornets in Home Opener, @LAL on Christmas Day 

Post#79 » by Paradise » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:18 am

Prokorov wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:The more I examine the season schedule, especially with our newest FA signings, I just see an exceptionally great record.

Our defense and load management contributed to high variance last season. We'll still see our stars rest 10-12 games, and may miss as many with injuries. Even still, we'll be able score and defend at a playoff level. For example, an off-night 8-man rotation of Mills, Harden, Harris, Griffin, Claxton, Aldridge, Millsap and Brown would beat a lot of teams.

I'm raising my prediction, from 61-21 before the latest additions, to 69-13. I also predict we will go on an extraordinarily hot streak after Christmas, and will not lose a single game in the month of January. We're gonna have the best record in the league by at least 5 games, and if Nash manages well, we should also have the most rested stars when the postseason arrives.


No team coached by Nash is winning 69 games.

We dont have the health to win 69 games. and if we do win 69 games, its a bad sign that we ran stars into the ground. I agree about defenders, but we still need to play them and that just got alot less likely with milsap and LMA additions. Bembry could be cut, Milsap could take johnsons minutes and LMA will likely take claxtons minutes.

If we are load managing right, we will not be close to a 69 win team.

schedule also doesnt matter outside back to backs and west coast trips. we lost to a ton of awful teams last year. we will again if we bury our defenders

I can agree about Nash during the postseason but considering KD missed nearly 20 games due to contact tracing, quarantines, etc alone before we landed Harden, Griffin in a shortened season tells me that we can definitely win 55-60 games this season.

I think any true diehard Nets fan wants to break that disgusting W-L franchise stat. We’ve never won close to 55 games in the history of this franchise. We have enough depth to push for 60.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 39,917
And1: 13,389
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Nets 2021-22 Schedule - @Bucks on Opening Night, Vs Hornets in Home Opener, @LAL on Christmas Day 

Post#80 » by Prokorov » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:51 pm

Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:The more I examine the season schedule, especially with our newest FA signings, I just see an exceptionally great record.

Our defense and load management contributed to high variance last season. We'll still see our stars rest 10-12 games, and may miss as many with injuries. Even still, we'll be able score and defend at a playoff level. For example, an off-night 8-man rotation of Mills, Harden, Harris, Griffin, Claxton, Aldridge, Millsap and Brown would beat a lot of teams.

I'm raising my prediction, from 61-21 before the latest additions, to 69-13. I also predict we will go on an extraordinarily hot streak after Christmas, and will not lose a single game in the month of January. We're gonna have the best record in the league by at least 5 games, and if Nash manages well, we should also have the most rested stars when the postseason arrives.


No team coached by Nash is winning 69 games.

We dont have the health to win 69 games. and if we do win 69 games, its a bad sign that we ran stars into the ground. I agree about defenders, but we still need to play them and that just got alot less likely with milsap and LMA additions. Bembry could be cut, Milsap could take johnsons minutes and LMA will likely take claxtons minutes.

If we are load managing right, we will not be close to a 69 win team.

schedule also doesnt matter outside back to backs and west coast trips. we lost to a ton of awful teams last year. we will again if we bury our defenders

I can agree about Nash during the postseason but considering KD missed nearly 20 games due to contact tracing, quarantines, etc alone before we landed Harden, Griffin in a shortened season tells me that we can definitely win 55-60 games this season.

I think any true diehard Nets fan wants to break that disgusting W-L franchise stat. We’ve never won close to 55 games in the history of this franchise. We have enough depth to push for 60.


55+? sure thats within reach. 60-69? thats lofty given how much we likely rest guys. its a longer season this year and after last season we leanred we can just run harden into the ground,to win 60-69 games, nash is going to need to win like 5 or 10 or so games with no star or with 1 star who is having an off night. i dont see him winning 1 of those, let alone 5 or 10

Return to Brooklyn Nets