Nets @ Orlando | 11.10.21 @ 7:00 PM on YES

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,500

Re: Nets @ Orlando | 11.10.21 @ 7:00 PM on YES 

Post#21 » by Stone » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:16 am

Jeez, Carter’s been a black hole during garbage time
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,573

Post#22 » by HardenGoat » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:22 am

Glad the rookies got a little burn time. I really think Cam would help off the bench. He’s a gifted scorer and we need that with Kyrie out. Maybe Nash is worried he’s not ready for the big lights or something???
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach

Post#23 » by HardenGoat » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:26 am

GTR11 wrote:Utah has issues, this same tragic team spanked them playing 3-2 defense.

Didn't know Cam and Sharpe were with team.

I know. How did Jazz lose to them. Amazing
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,589

Post#24 » by DarkXaero » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:42 am

Stone wrote:Jeez, Carter’s been a black hole during garbage time
He was fantastic tonight for the most part.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#25 » by GTR11 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:52 am

HardenGoat wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Utah has issues, this same tragic team spanked them playing 3-2 defense.

Didn't know Cam and Sharpe were with team.

I know. How did Jazz lose to them. Amazing

I wouldn't sleep on Marks getting Spida when his contract is up. He ain't staying there past this extension.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,057

Post#26 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:03 am

Free Cam!
GTR11
RealGM

Post#27 » by GTR11 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:15 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach

Post#28 » by HardenGoat » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:30 am

Durant is the best player in the league. MVP
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#29 » by LOUiS-D » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:30 pm

I think we were all a bit dubious about LMA coming into the season, worrying about him taking Claxton's spot in the rotation. Worried about him being a lumbering unswitchable dinosaur on defense and then redundant on offense. His fit with our defensive bench line up is so good. Obviously this is a purple patch and he's not going to shoot 80% for the season. It's so good though. Bembry, Brown, Patty and whoever else you want to throw in there... his scoring allows us to be scrappy as hell without missing a beat on offense.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#30 » by GTR11 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:57 pm

LOUiS-D wrote:I think we were all a bit dubious about LMA coming into the season, worrying about him taking Claxton's spot in the rotation. Worried about him being a lumbering unswitchable dinosaur on defense and then redundant on offense. His fit with our defensive bench line up is so good. Obviously this is a purple patch and he's not going to shoot 80% for the season. It's so good though. Bembry, Brown, Patty and whoever else you want to throw in there... his scoring allows us to be scrappy as hell without missing a beat on offense.

The fact that it should be Nic break out season is disappointing. Guy consistently miss games for whatever reasons and unreliable to be counted on. That doesn't change the fact that we in dire need of athletic big who can defend both post and perimeter.

I believe most of us knew that LMA and Blake will be solid contributors, ( which they shown us to be every now and than ) it's that they not being able to provide same quality consistently. It's early, let's give Nic another 10-15 games, than we definitely need to discuss if he's a starter or we should look somewhere else.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,500

Post#31 » by Stone » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:38 pm

Definitely a lot of positive signs since the sloppy start. Everyone is bringing something to the table and we are building are strong foundation. Hard Hats, safety glasses, work boots, OSCA certified and ready to go to work!

The rising tide of Kevin Durant lifts all boats.....
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,677

Post#32 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:08 pm

LOUiS-D wrote:I think we were all a bit dubious about LMA coming into the season, worrying about him taking Claxton's spot in the rotation. Worried about him being a lumbering unswitchable dinosaur on defense and then redundant on offense. His fit with our defensive bench line up is so good. Obviously this is a purple patch and he's not going to shoot 80% for the season. It's so good though. Bembry, Brown, Patty and whoever else you want to throw in there... his scoring allows us to be scrappy as hell without missing a beat on offense.

The new rules make it much more feasible to play drop coverage on the pick and rolls, which has really helped aldridge, who really never has to switch now. Offensively his midrange has been unreal... im interested what he looks like when that comes back closer to 45-50% vs 70+% but he is also taking more threes which is good.

I think we need claxton. we are winning but still struggling with no rim roller. Brown alone wont cut it. And we will need to switch vs alot of teams, especially in the playoffs.

LMA has been amazing. i was off.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,057

Post#33 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:51 pm

I think we are in a very good position right now.

Milwaukee has had a poor start. Miami has cooled down. And we are .5 games back of the 1 seed in the standings.

Still early, but I could def see us going for a #1 seed. It would be a bigger problem if Miami or Milwaukee got off to a great start and left us in the dust.

Instead we are slightly ahead of both in the standings. Despite not starting out great.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,474

Post#34 » by Papi_swav » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:42 pm

Did what we had to do. KD is literally making every shot, dude is unguardable. His little fade away shot from mid range and the paint is unstoppable. It's like Dirk kick back fadeway shot but probably better. It's insane what we' re watching right now guys. We have to soak this in and appreciate the greatness. This is literally the greatest scorer of all time still dominating. It just looks so easy to him,

LMA is playing incredible. I'll be honest, I didn't really want him back but he's our 3rd scorer right now and gives the bench alot of points when KD is sitting. He's on the 6MOY radar. Brown is pivotal to this team and Bembry is improving every game. We have to win these new few easy games.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#35 » by GTR11 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:38 pm

Papi_swav wrote:Did what we had to do. KD is literally making every shot, dude is unguardable. His little fade away shot from mid range and the paint is unstoppable. It's like Dirk kick back fadeway shot but probably better. It's insane what we' re watching right now guys. We have to soak this in and appreciate the greatness. This is literally the greatest scorer of all time still dominating. It just looks so easy to him,

LMA is playing incredible. I'll be honest, I didn't really want him back but he's our 3rd scorer right now and gives the bench alot of points when KD is sitting. He's on the 6MOY radar. Brown is pivotal to this team and Bembry is improving every game. We have to win these new few easy games.

Absolutely, witnessing history right now. Had he played for Lakers we would never hear end of his historic performances.

Jury still out on our depth. Most didn't realize it until now. Never took into account Kyrie factor. I've been saying that keeping Din would be major factor if we want to be legit contender/dynasty. Have it now and take all consequences along. I will repeat it again, WHO GIVES A F*** IF TSAI GOING TO PAY LUXURY TAX, NOT YOUR MONEY, HE HAS BILLINS !!!

I expected a lot more from Patty, kept my ass quite due to that. My dumb ass should knew better and keep going vs most no matter how unpopular it is. I knew right decisions never popular until after dumb dumb will get it. Populistic hot takes never end up well.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,677

Post#36 » by Prokorov » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:48 am

GTR11 wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Did what we had to do. KD is literally making every shot, dude is unguardable. His little fade away shot from mid range and the paint is unstoppable. It's like Dirk kick back fadeway shot but probably better. It's insane what we' re watching right now guys. We have to soak this in and appreciate the greatness. This is literally the greatest scorer of all time still dominating. It just looks so easy to him,

Absolutely, witnessing history right now. Had he played for Lakers we would never hear end of his historic performances.

Jury still out on our depth. Most didn't realize it until now. Never took into account Kyrie factor. I've been saying that keeping Din would be major factor if we want to be legit contender/dynasty. Have it now and take all consequences along. I will repeat it again, WHO GIVES A F*** IF TSAI GOING TO PAY LUXURY TAX, NOT YOUR MONEY, HE HAS BILLINS !!!

I expected a lot more from Patty, kept my ass quite due to that. My dumb ass should knew better and keep going vs most no matter how unpopular it is. I knew right decisions never popular until after dumb dumb will get it. Populistic hot takes never end up well.

paying repeater tax means 2 more years of KD/Harden

not paying the tax means 4 more years of KD/Harden

you should care about the tax
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach

Post#37 » by HardenGoat » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:26 am

Forget about a dynasty. What matters is just getting a chip. You do everything you can right now to get it. Nothing is guaranteed, we have the core, when playoffs come I pray we will have done whatever it takes to maximize our chances to dominate this year. Let’s goooooo!!!!
GTR11
RealGM

Post#38 » by GTR11 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:57 am

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

paying repeater tax means 2 more years of KD/Harden

not paying the tax means 4 more years of KD/Harden

you should care about the tax

:lol:

CBAFAQ.com educate yourself Prok.

I don't care about communist money. We own them 30+ trillion dollars, they can pay that bill.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#39 » by GTR11 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:01 am

HardenGoat wrote:Forget about a dynasty. What matters is just getting a chip. You do everything you can right now to get it. Nothing is guaranteed, we have the core, when playoffs come I pray we will have done whatever it takes to maximize our chances to dominate this year. Let’s goooooo!!!!

Unbelievable :banghead:

I don't even know where to start. Thanks to God Marks is gm and taking different approach. Though I do blame him for not sticking up to extending Din.
_Und3r][D4wg_
Pro Prospect
And1: 582

Post#40 » by _Und3r][D4wg_ » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:35 am

Nothing like routing a bad team immediately after getting blown out in United Center in order to get back on track... And this despite the team not firing on all cylinders. They've got to take advantage of this fairly easy road trip schedule in order to rack up wins and work themselves back up to true Nets levels.

Return to Brooklyn Nets