Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

LKIRNets
Starter
And1: 598

Re: GT: Nets @ Hawks - Saturday, 3/9/19, 7:00pm 

Post#101 » by LKIRNets » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:41 am

NetsJets wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
NetsJets wrote:This won’t cut it against some of the tough teams we’ll be facing beginning next week. I’m just glad we escaped with the win.

if we play with the effort we did tonight for the next to weeks we might go undefeated.

we missed a ton of wide open shots and free throws but we played solid D with high effort, hit the glass and really moved the ball well.

not many games where russell and levert with both be off.

Missing free throws won’t cut it against teams like the Pistons, OKC, Blazers etc, nor is missing all of those 3’s we live and die by that so if we miss a similar amount against better teams we will not win, especially against teams like the Pistons and Blazers that can exploit our weaknesses. We got away with it tonight because the Hawks are bad.

OKC missed many FTs the other night, they had a bad shooting game and willed a win in OT.

We had a bad shooting and FT night in A-T-L against a very exceptional offensive team. We came out wit the win and did it on clutch passing, clutch shooting and clutch defense and clutch rebounding.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 661

Post#102 » by NetsJets » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:53 am

LKIRNets wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
NetsJets wrote:This won’t cut it against some of the tough teams we’ll be facing beginning next week. I’m just glad we escaped with the win.

if we play with the effort we did tonight for the next to weeks we might go undefeated.

we missed a ton of wide open shots and free throws but we played solid D with high effort, hit the glass and really moved the ball well.

hold up, do peeps here think we played bad tonight? there's a difference wit playing bad, and just having a bad shooting night.

I thought they played exceptionally well. Atlanta aint no push over, they top 5 in rebounds, John Collins is coming his own and Trae Young was on fire tonight he had 22 pts on 4 - 15 shooting. Russell and Dinwiddie put the clamps on him. :lol:

So we got outrebounded and shot poorly and missed 21 free throws and people thought we played well? Ok this isn’t my hill to die on so you got it. Y’all won.
NetsJets
Starter

Post#103 » by NetsJets » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:55 am

LKIRNets wrote:
NetsJets wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Missing free throws won’t cut it against teams like the Pistons, OKC, Blazers etc, nor is missing all of those 3’s we live and die by that so if we miss a similar amount against better teams we will not win, especially against teams like the Pistons and Blazers that can exploit our weaknesses. We got away with it tonight because the Hawks are bad.

OKC missed many FTs the other night, they had a bad shooting game and willed a win in OT.

We had a bad shooting and FT night in A-T-L against a very exceptional offensive team. We came out wit the win and did it on clutch passing, clutch shooting and clutch defense and clutch rebounding.

Y’all won.
LKIRNets
Starter
And1: 598

Post#104 » by LKIRNets » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:58 am

NetsJets wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:
NetsJets wrote:Missing free throws won’t cut it against teams like the Pistons, OKC, Blazers etc, nor is missing all of those 3’s we live and die by that so if we miss a similar amount against better teams we will not win, especially against teams like the Pistons and Blazers that can exploit our weaknesses. We got away with it tonight because the Hawks are bad.

Y’all won.

Its Playoff SZN bro. This how the next 4-6 weeks will be.
NetsJets
Starter

Post#105 » by NetsJets » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:08 am

LKIRNets wrote:
NetsJets wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:OKC missed many FTs the other night, they had a bad shooting game and willed a win in OT.

Y’all won.

Its Playoff SZN bro. This how the next 4-6 weeks will be.

It’s exciting to be in this position again and this is the most fun Nets team since 2002.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,370

Post#106 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:40 am

The Nets fought through adversity tonight, yall need to be realistic about all of this.

all of these games will be ugly.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#107 » by LOUiS-D » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:36 am

with the physicality he showed tonight and some strength training Rodi might become the 4 we've been looking for. He certainly has the length and quickness. Boy can slash and shoot and is defensively engaged even if he's raw and errs on the side of risk taking. Definitely has shown enough flashes.
Born_Ready
Veteran
And1: 476

Post#108 » by Born_Ready » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:12 pm

Missed the game (went and watched some high school state championship hoops) but I tried to follow the score on my phone, which doesn't do the justice like watching it of course.

I saw the box score, and LeVert had 21, but curious to how he performed throughout the night? Is he getting back into form?

Saw Trae Young hooped a little, too. I'd like to see him shine in all his games; when he isn't going against Brooklyn of course..
OKC Thunder fan, too.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,677

Post#109 » by Prokorov » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:55 pm

NetsJets wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

hold up, do peeps here think we played bad tonight? there's a difference wit playing bad, and just having a bad shooting night.

I thought they played exceptionally well. Atlanta aint no push over, they top 5 in rebounds, John Collins is coming his own and Trae Young was on fire tonight he had 22 pts on 4 - 15 shooting. Russell and Dinwiddie put the clamps on him. :lol:

So we got outrebounded and shot poorly and missed 21 free throws and people thought we played well? Ok this isn’t my hill to die on so you got it. Y’all won.

1) Playing well doesnt have much to do with making/missing shots or making/missing free throws. over 82 games you will have hot and cold shooting. especially on the road.

playing well is about working and being disciplined to get good shots, not taking bad shots, not being sloppy and turning it over, playing with high effort, and competing on D.

2) being out-rebounded is irrelevant, its one of the least valuable things in the modern league. it is why so many teams concede rebounding. Warriors have not been good rebounding during their championship run. Rockets have been bottom 3, etc...

Of our 35 wins we have outrebounded our opponent just 19 times
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#110 » by SpeedyG » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:56 pm

LOUiS-D wrote:with the physicality he showed tonight and some strength training Rodi might become the 4 we've been looking for. He certainly has the length and quickness. Boy can slash and shoot and is defensively engaged even if he's raw and errs on the side of risk taking. Definitely has shown enough flashes.
He's shown the tools to be our stretch 4 from day one. He just needs more strength and refining/experience. I just would rather not live and die putting all of our eggs in one basket. He's also our only candidate at this time (Carroll a FA), so getting a FA there would be perfect to buy him some more time. A stronger more experienced Rodi coming off the bench next year behind an established guy would be a problem for other teams.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#111 » by Prokorov » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:57 pm

Born_Ready wrote:Missed the game (went and watched some high school state championship hoops) but I tried to follow the score on my phone, which doesn't do the justice like watching it of course.

I saw the box score, and LeVert had 21, but curious to how he performed throughout the night? Is he getting back into form?

Saw Trae Young hooped a little, too. I'd like to see him shine in all his games; when he isn't going against Brooklyn of course..

Levert didnt have 21 points he had 21 minutes.

He only scored 2 points and was pretty invisible outside of some uncharecteristic lackof focus type turnovers.

he seemed to move great, but didnt really do much or handle the ball much
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#112 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:07 pm

LeVert was a complete non factor. I really hope he can get himself together because we will need him to survive this upcoming stretch of games.

NetsJets
Starter

Post#113 » by NetsJets » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:55 pm

Prokorov wrote:
NetsJets wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:

1) Playing well doesnt have much to do with making/missing shots or making/missing free throws. over 82 games you will have hot and cold shooting. especially on the road.

playing well is about working and being disciplined to get good shots, not taking bad shots, not being sloppy and turning it over, playing with high effort, and competing on D.

2) being out-rebounded is irrelevant, its one of the least valuable things in the modern league. it is why so many teams concede rebounding. Warriors have not been good rebounding during their championship run. Rockets have been bottom 3, etc...

Of our 35 wins we have outrebounded our opponent just 19 times

I already said y’all won. Sheesh.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#114 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:52 pm

Outside of his missed FTs, Jarrett Allen deserves huge props for last night. Dude poured in the production with 20pts 12rebs 1blk 2asts 1stl and he made game winning plays by not only forcing the jump ball versus John Collins but also winning the tip. SEVEN offensive rebounds. Great stuff.

enko
Junior
And1: 201

Post#115 » by enko » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:16 am

It seems Kurucs is regaining his second wind. That dunks against the Hawks is nasty.
Senchu
Sixth Man
And1: 401

Post#116 » by Senchu » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:07 pm

Rodi's production is hugely related to how much rest was between the games. Kinda obvious due to how many minutes he played last year. Thats why as a latvian fan I'm happy our national team didn't qualify for World Championship. He and Porz can work on their games in peace now during the summer and no stupid fans will trash them for not joining national team.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#117 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:57 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:LeVert was a complete non factor. I really hope he can get himself together because we will need him to survive this upcoming stretch of games.

Levert would be fine and he is back in a role more suited to him. he can come in and just be super aggressive on both ends. if he gets hot you ride him.

i think the early 4 or 5 game stretch put unfair expectations on him. he isnt going to be a 20/5/5 guy (at least not this year/near future)

Return to Brooklyn Nets