ImageImageImageImageImage

WOJ BOMB: Nets trade Crabbe, #17, ‘20 1st to Hawks for Taurean Prince, 2021 2nd

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Re: WOJ BOMB: Nets trade Crabbe, #17, ‘20 1st to Hawks for Taurean Prince, 2021 2nd 

Post#101 » by kamaze » Fri Jun 7, 2019 4:37 am

wco81 wrote:Nets have a lot of wings. Presumably they renounce Hollis Jefferson, who didn't really pan out (career 22% from 3).

But don't they need a center? Someone who won't get trucked by players like Embid?

They needed a small forward but imo didn't have to give up the 17th pick. :banghead:

I was thinking they could get a big in the draft and sign a free agent big too. They still need a legit sized power forward and center.
Hope this works out.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,607

Re: WOJ BOMB: Nets trade Crabbe, #17, ‘20 1st to Hawks for Taurean Prince, 2021 2nd 

Post#102 » by DarkXaero » Fri Jun 7, 2019 5:07 am

kamaze wrote:2 first round picks for cap space? I'm having a Billy King flashback and it's giving me a headache.
Are you upset that we traded your boy Crabbe?

It's 2 first rounds to dump Crabbe + Prince (a better player/fit) and a 2nd round pick. Its a great trade for us and the hawks.

Sent from my LG-H931 using RealGM mobile app
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,677

Post#103 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 7, 2019 5:13 am

kamaze wrote:2 first round picks for cap space? I'm having a Billy King flashback and it's giving me a headache.

you dont understand the cap
kamaze
General Manager

Post#104 » by kamaze » Fri Jun 7, 2019 5:51 am

DarkXaero wrote:

It's 2 first rounds to dump Crabbe + Prince (a better player/fit) and a 2nd round pick. Its a great trade for us and the hawks.

They traded away too much. Prince is a free agent next year as well so theyll have to spend $ next year to keep him.

He's an upgrade in talent I like him but they're overpaying hes worth the pick just not this year's pick, next years pick AND Crabbe. He was going to expire anyway in about 10 months those picks would have been nice oh well.

Again Prince will be a free agent next year, that's why ATL traded him they didn't want to pay him. I think Brooklyn wouldve been better off just drafting a small forward and a big while also signing a big and keeping Dlo.

Being patient was working but as soon as they got their picks back traded them away.

kamaze
General Manager

Post#105 » by kamaze » Fri Jun 7, 2019 5:52 am

Prokorov wrote:

You're annoying.

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#106 » by GTR11 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 6:16 am

kamaze wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

You're annoying.

He do have points. There's planty of things that needs to be considered and it seems like you ignoring it just because of draft picks in a weak draft.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#107 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 7, 2019 6:43 am

GTR11 wrote:
kamaze wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

You're annoying.

He do have points. There's planty of things that needs to be considered and it seems like you ignoring it just because of draft picks in a weak draft.

then there is also the part where kamaze posted, and i quote "i dont understand the cap"
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#108 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Jun 7, 2019 7:22 am

FrenchNBAFan wrote:Wow we have more cap and already replace the Carroll leaving by a similar and even better ( to me ) player

Marks is just scary
That's exactly what I thought as well.

He's the perfect Carroll replacement.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#109 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Jun 7, 2019 7:46 am

FrenchNBAFan wrote:Guys ojectively I'm like 70% sure we will having Kyrie and KD.
And I say objectively cause I don't want this scenario but it's the more probable.

Kyrie is really high on us per lot of people including WOJ.
If Kyrie comes here, KD too.
Kyrie by himself would be great imo.

Kyrie + Harris fills out the lineup and pushes some guys (like Harris) who good starters on a surprise playoff team to excellent reserves on a deep playoff team.

Kyrie + KD gives us a championship - level core but we'd still have to fill out the rest of the roster since we'd have given up a lot to get KD on the team.

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#110 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Jun 7, 2019 7:48 am

FrenchNBAFan wrote:
bud29 wrote:
FrenchNBAFan wrote:Guys ojectively I'm like 70% sure we will having Kyrie and KD.
And I say objectively cause I don't want this scenario but it's the more probable.

Kyrie is really high on us per lot of people including WOJ.
If Kyrie comes here, KD too.

Are KD & Kyrie super tight or anything? I know they've been linked together because they're two of the best FAs in this class, but I don't think KD is a lock to follow Kyrie wherever he goes. It sure seems like Kyrie wants to come here, but max player #2 is still a massive question mark IMO.

They are friends
And if Kyrie is coming, where KD is going if it's not in Brooklyn with his All star friend ?
If the Warriors lost this Finals, can't KD opt-in for 1 more year? The mission would be to reclaim the title they lost due to untimely injuries.

jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#111 » by jbeachboy » Fri Jun 7, 2019 8:19 am

no other star player wants to play with d'angelo russell?
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#112 » by SpeedyG » Fri Jun 7, 2019 10:39 am

In fairness to Crabbe, he did give up money in waiving his TK so he can be with the Nets. Of course, none of that would have been there if not for Nets to begin with.

Crabbe always struggled with the confidence to shoot, so much so that his own teammates gave him a Jeckyl/Hyde nickname.

That is not an easy thing for a player to shake out of. He will always have that "problem"

But I do find it ridiculous that Russell, Carroll and Dudley (who has already taken to Twitter to talk about how serious this move was for FA) have all spoken about wanting to be back but also realizing how the business works...and here comes Crabbe talking about how it is personal?

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,691

Post#113 » by Kolkmania » Fri Jun 7, 2019 11:43 am

Prokorov wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Assuming we renounce everyone but Dlo (RHJ, Carroll, napier, davis, graham, dudley) we are left with 46.5 million in cap space. that is right there for 2 max deals for a palyer with less then 10 years in the league (anyone but KD)

we could easily move dinwiddie to create more space.

the other thing to keep in mind, is if 2 guys want to team up here, they could take a few million less then their max. we saw it with the heat when they signed lebron and bosh.

to me this is a clear sign marks thinks kyrie is a lock and he has a leg up on butler, harris, kawhi, or durant

Damn so technically we can sign 2 max guys, keep Russell, and just fill the roster with our draft picks + veteran minimum guys?

If that's in play, we could throw out a REALLY talented and young squad out there.

yes alot of options:

Kyrie + KD (would mean no russell)

kyrie and butler/kawhi/harris (would mean we keep Russell)

there is also a path to Dlo/Kyrie/KD if KD/Kyrie take a few million less and we dump dinwiddie

I don't get this, renouncing everybody but Russelll would create 46.5 million dollars in cap space.

Kyrie/Kawhi/Harris/etc will get 32.7 million dollars (if projected 109 million dollar is correct) and Durant will demand around 38 million dollars. How is it possible to get Kyrie, Butler and Russell (let alone KD instead of Butler, even with trading Dinwiddie)?
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 42,004

Post#114 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 7, 2019 12:54 pm

wco81 wrote:Nets have a lot of wings. Presumably they renounce Hollis Jefferson, who didn't really pan out (career 22% from 3).

But don't they need a center? Someone who won't get trucked by players like Embid?

Jarrett Allen is 20 years old and in development. We will obviously use what resources we have to add more depth in the front court to help him out while he is still filling out, but make no mistake outside of a trade Jarrett Allen is locked in as the Nets starting C.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2024-25: All Gas, No Brakes

C: Bobby Portis/Thomas Bryant
PF: Julius Randle/Richaun Holmes
SF: Jaylen Brown/Slo Mo
SG: Luke Kennard/Isaiah Joe
PG: Tyus Jones/Devonte Graham

Please consider donating blood: https://www.nybc.org/
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#115 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 7, 2019 12:57 pm

kamaze wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:

They traded away too much. Prince is a free agent next year as well so theyll have to spend $ next year to keep him.

He's an upgrade in talent I like him but they're overpaying hes worth the pick just not this year's pick, next years pick AND Crabbe. He was going to expire anyway in about 10 months those picks would have been nice oh well.

Again Prince will be a free agent next year, that's why ATL traded him they didn't want to pay him. I think Brooklyn wouldve been better off just drafting a small forward and a big while also signing a big and keeping Dlo.

Being patient was working but as soon as they got their picks back traded them away.

The cost of getting rid of your boy Crabbe and getting a solid player to fit in our system at SF/PF was worth it.

We officially are now players in the free agent market. It could very well in fact mean that the player on this team you hate the most gets renounced in order to sign both Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant. Why are you bitching? You'd rather have the 17th pick as opposed to getting Kevin Durant??? :lol:

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#116 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:00 pm

wco81 wrote:Didn't you just trade away your FRP?

Or did they trade future first round picks?

We have Denver's first round pick.

Believe me, Marks knows what he's doing.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#117 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:05 pm

MDB remeber when you said no stars would come here :)

what a difference a year makes
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#118 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:10 pm

Prokorov wrote:MDB remeber when you said no stars would come here :)

what a difference a year makes

Yes. I'm very optimistic. I'll wait til next month to really go off but I am so glad that I am being proven wrong.

I am taking a baseball bat to these Knick fans right now on the GB. God help them if the Nets pull this off, I am going to scorch the very ground that they all stand on.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#119 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:15 pm

One thing to keep in perspective here:

-Marks threw idiotic money to crabbe as an RFA.
-after portland match and crabbe got paid he did not improve much/at all that season
-marks traded for Crabbes huge deal, viewed now as a mistake by most, without compensation
-after 2 seasons, marks gives up a first rounder to dump crabbe (im calling the other first compesnation to add prince)

This is example number 1 why you shouldnt throw huge money at role players. We had Joe harris here, who by the numbers/data/age/history was basically the same player as crabbe.

if the wizardss had not matched on otto porter, we would be watching kyrie, kd, harris,butler go tthe knicks/other teams while we would be cappped out with role guys
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#120 » by Killboard » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:22 pm

Hi guys. First want to give you high prise for your performance this season, since the Nets was one of the most fun teams to watch this year IMO. We wolves fan know what looks like to be on your knees and hopefully will replicate some of the good job Marks has done with Rosas.

Coming to hear reactions about the next trade proposal:

Nets In: A Davis (25M)
Nets out: Russell (25M extension via S&T) + Brooklyn 27th+ BKN prospects

Pels in: Teague (19M - expiring) + 11th via Wolves + Brooklyn 27th+ BKN prospects/Okogie or Saric
pels out: Davis (25M)

min in: Russell (25M)
min out: Teague (19M - expiring) + 11th + Okogie or Saric (2,5-3,5M)

Then Brooklyn goes after Kyrie with sheer cap space.

This is based on the idea that the Pels want to stay competitive this season in the hopes Zion doesnt want to pop out like Davis, but doesnt want to max Russell (Nets wouldnt want that neither and prefer to go with Kyrie).
Teague is one of the best players available that teams are willing to include for sheer salary matching purposes. He could play along Holyday (who has played the 2 and reportedely the Pels want to keep) and being in a contract year he will play with a chip on his shoulder before cleaning up 80% of Davis money next FA. The pels also would net some 1st rounders along some young prospects to get depth for little money.

Brooklyn gets AD+Kyrie without renonuce to future picks or key players (other than Russell). Okogie and/or Saric could stay on Brooklyn or reroute to the Pels.

The wolves get their PG to pair with KAT (then try to dump Wiggins as his contract runs up).

What do you think?

Return to Brooklyn Nets