The Official Lin Net Thread II

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,677

Re: The Official Lin Net Thread II 

Post#1281 » by Prokorov » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:32 pm

Packers+NetsWIN wrote:
Sorry for the confusion on what I said, I said that with the impression of keeping rhj as the starting 4. But you cleared that up by saying you are okay with rhj and Patton starting together. I don't agree with them being able to start together and being productive though. They don't compliment each other very well and that means the nets would absolutely HAVE TO get a sniper to plug in as the other starting wing. So I think it would be very difficult to find a 13-15 point wing, who fits Mark's culture, who fits atkinson's scheme as a sniper, who plays at least solid perimeter defense, who is affordable, and if an unrestricted FA willing to come here or a restricted FA is willing to be let go by his respective team.

I understand defense is a focal point but as you stated the nezt couple of years are about development. Double teams the post get the other guys better looks and when he stretches the floor it gives guys lanes to drive to the basketball which rhj loves

And it helps when the other guy trapping is a superstar like giannis. Wish we had one of those lol

its not hard at all... reddick is a 15 ppg player and sniper with ties to brooklyn and many have said they can see him signing here.

also, patton is a guy who can develop a 3 point shot himself. good form and decent shooter when he took them,

also plenty of stretch bigs available... ibaka, patterson, mirotic, ilyasova...
Packers+NetsWIN
Junior
And1: 75

Post#1282 » by Packers+NetsWIN » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:51 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Packers+NetsWIN wrote:
Sorry for the confusion on what I said, I said that with the impression of keeping rhj as the starting 4. But you cleared that up by saying you are okay with rhj and Patton starting together. I don't agree with them being able to start together and being productive though. They don't compliment each other very well and that means the nets would absolutely HAVE TO get a sniper to plug in as the other starting wing. So I think it would be very difficult to find a 13-15 point wing, who fits Mark's culture, who fits atkinson's scheme as a sniper, who plays at least solid perimeter defense, who is affordable, and if an unrestricted FA willing to come here or a restricted FA is willing to be let go by his respective team.

I understand defense is a focal point but as you stated the nezt couple of years are about development. Double teams the post get the other guys better looks and when he stretches the floor it gives guys lanes to drive to the basketball which rhj loves

And it helps when the other guy trapping is a superstar like giannis. Wish we had one of those lol

its not hard at all... reddick is a 15 ppg player and sniper with ties to brooklyn and many have said they can see him signing here.

also, patton is a guy who can develop a 3 point shot himself. good form and decent shooter when he took them,

also plenty of stretch bigs available... ibaka, patterson, mirotic, ilyasova...

I would love to sign redick but its no sure thing. And if it doeant happen I dont see a lot of other snipers who meet the criteria

Patton shot 51% from the free throw line this season and attempted .4 three pointers a game. It's going to be a long time before he is viewed as a an outside shooting threat by opposing teams, if ever

Ibaka is definitely not coming to the nets. And you would rather have any one of the other 3 guys with Patton (who again, no guarantee the nets even have a shot at draft) starting over rhj and brook? I personally take rhj and brook over them every time. But everyone is entitled to an opinion I guess
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1283 » by Prokorov » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:00 pm

Packers+NetsWIN wrote:
I would love to sign redick but its no sure thing. And if it doeant happen I dont see a lot of other snipers who meet the criteria

Patton shot 51% from the free throw line this season and attempted .4 three pointers a game. It's going to be a long time before he is viewed as a an outside shooting threat by opposing teams, if ever

Wings who shoot the 3 well and score are literally the easiest thing in the league to find. there are like a half dozen in this draft we could take. there are always a bunch available via trade. Reddick Porter, KCP, Covington, Hardaway Jr, Hayward, Iguodala, Shabazz,...

Ibaka is definitely not coming to the nets. And you would rather have any one of the other 3 guys with Patton (who again, no guarantee the nets even have a shot at draft) starting over rhj and brook? I personally take rhj and brook over them every time. But everyone is entitled to an opinion I guess

Yes. again the difference on defense is monumental... we currently are forced to run a system where we dont play defense. Where we make sure we never switch on a pick and roll and never trap it and never have to rotate. we have the potential to be an elite defensive team if we had a good defensive big who could trap or switch.

i love RHJ but he is a role player. if he sits or starts its not a big deal. what is a big deal is being able to play team defense...

there is nothing that isnt replaceable that lopez gives you and on the flip side there are 2 things e can have massive upgrades in by moving away from him.

also if we dont replace the scoring this year it doesnt matter... wins dont matter at this stage of our rebuild. if it takes 1-2 years to find that scoring wing then thats what it takes
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,502

Post#1284 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:05 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:If we bring in a wing that can replace that 20 pts a night I'm with you.

Not bringing in that player, and saying that we can patch together that 19-25 pts Lopez gives us plus the shooting, that's a wee bit hopeful.

I dont think its hopeful at all.

i dont see why with 4-6 more FGA per game levert can score 3 or 4 more points.

i dont think finding a wing to score 13-15 a game is really all that tough.

I dont think asking our new center to score 6 points even without touches is tough. at our pace and an athletic roll man for line he'd get 3 baskets a game i think.

people are making it out like we are replacing the scoring of kareem or something.

Not the level of Kareem or anything, but I'm looking at our options and realistically I don't see that replacement coming via free agency or the draft. We should at least expect another 2 years of not being players in the free agent market for unrestricted scorers that fill the bill.

Now, if you tell me LeVert takes the next step up and gives us around 18ppg next season at minimum, okay. Not far fetched, but not exactly a slam dunk thing to happen either.

Again, 100% with you about transitioning our C position to defender/rebounder/finisher and putting the scoring burden on the wing. I just don't feel any urgency on getting rid of Lopez right now unless the deal is right and we have a replacement in place at the 5 and can supplement the scoring from the wings. As constituted now, I don't think the Nets can do that with who is on the roster (I expect LeVert probably to progress to 13-15ppg, frankly) and the options via free agency looking paltry at best.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1285 » by Prokorov » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:13 pm

[quote="MrDollarBills"
Not the level of Kareem or anything, but I'm looking at our options and realistically I don't see that replacement coming via free agency or the draft. We should at least expect another 2 years of not being players in the free agent market for unrestricted scorers that fill the bill. [/quote]

13-15 ppg shooting gaurds are pretty abundant both as stop gaps, rookies, and long term replacements. i think reddick is realistic and they clearly have at least some interest in kcp, porter, and hill. then there are stop gaps like pj tucker and gay and evans. i also think there are some rookie who could step in and give us 10-12 ppg right off the bat like donovan mitchell for instance

Now, if you tell me LeVert takes the next step up and gives us around 18ppg next season at minimum, okay. Not far fetched, but not exactly a slam dunk thing to happen either.

he doesnt have to. he just needs to give us 10-12 points a game as we stand to see a pretty substantion uptick in scoring from whomever takes Foyes starting spot.

even if all you get is 10 points from foyes replacement and an extra 2 points a game from levert you are aleady looking at making up 14 of lopez 20 points assuming your new center can manage 6 points in 30 minutes.

Again, 100% with you about transitioning our C position to defender/rebounder/finisher and putting the scoring burden on the wing. I just don't feel any urgency on getting rid of Lopez right now unless the deal is right and we have a replacement in place at the 5 and can supplement the scoring from the wings. As constituted now, I don't think the Nets can do that with who is on the roster (I expect LeVert probably to progress to 13-15ppg, frankly) and the options via free agency looking paltry at best.

for me the urgency is that creating that chemistry on defense takes a LONG time. especially when you go from not playing team defense to playing a modern switching/trapping defense. there is alot of moving parts an for a young team that will take time. id rather get that rolling early so in a few yeas these guys have great chemistry on D.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,502

Post#1286 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:23 pm

^^yeah that's great point about defensive chemistry. Switching and trapping definitely involves a lot more than what we play now. Guys will have to develop trust and know that when one person makes a move, the other guy is covering space and vice versa.

Well, we'll see. I don't foresee them moving brook at the draft. But I do expect them to draft his replacement who fits the mold of what we need defensively.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Packers+NetsWIN
Junior

Post#1287 » by Packers+NetsWIN » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:25 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Packers+NetsWIN wrote:

Wings who shoot the 3 well and score are literally the easiest thing in the league to find. there are like a half dozen in this draft we could take. there are always a bunch available via trade. Reddick Porter, KCP, Covington, Hardaway Jr, Hayward, Iguodala, Shabazz,...

Yes. again the difference on defense is monumental... we currently are forced to run a system where we dont play defense. Where we make sure we never switch on a pick and roll and never trap it and never have to rotate. we have the potential to be an elite defensive team if we had a good defensive big who could trap or switch.

i love RHJ but he is a role player. if he sits or starts its not a big deal. what is a big deal is being able to play team defense...

there is nothing that isnt replaceable that lopez gives you and on the flip side there are 2 things e can have massive upgrades in by moving away from him.

also if we dont replace the scoring this year it doesnt matter... wins dont matter at this stage of our rebuild. if it takes 1-2 years to find that scoring wing then thats what it takes

You are picking and choosing attributes. We need a wing who fits this criteria: can shoot the 3 at a high rate, is younger with potential or in his prime, fits mark's culture, can be had at least on a reasonable contract, and plays at least average perimeter defense. The following guys you just mentioned:
Reddick - would love to have but most likely not coming
Porter - would also love to have but is restricted and will be matched
KCP - DUI so he does not fit Mark's culture and a restricted FA that may get matched. Even if the nets get him, he is not a sniper as his career average from 3 is 33.4%
Covington - would love to have but not a free agent
Hardaway Jr - he is just as bad on defense as lopez is
Hayward - LOL not coming
Iguodala - does not fit the age criteria, not a great 3 point shooter, and unlikely to leave GSW as he already stated he wants to stay
Shabazz - restricted, not a good outside shooter, and wolves have already said they want to retain him

Feel like rhj would be a great starter to have if you are focused on great team defense

I'm not focused on just wins either, culture is a big part. The franchise's leading scorer who has consistently said he wants to be here and is willing to recruit FAs for the team. He has been here his whole career and has been an upstanding player and person. He can help the young guys with their transitions to the pros. Plus his game translates well as he gets older since he does not rely purely on athleticism
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1288 » by Prokorov » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:33 pm

Packers+NetsWIN wrote:You are picking and choosing attributes. We need a wing who fits this criteria: can shoot the 3 at a high rate, is younger with potential or in his prime, fits mark's culture, can be had at least on a reasonable contract, and plays at least average perimeter defense. The following guys you just mentioned:
KCP - DUI so he does not fit Mark's culture and a restricted FA that may get matched. Even if the nets get him, he is not a sniper as his career average from 3 is 33.4%
Hayward - LOL not coming
Iguodala - does not fit the age criteria, not a great 3 point shooter, and unlikely to leave GSW as he already stated he wants to stay
Shabazz - restricted, not a good outside shooter, and wolves have already said they want to retain him

I disagree that someone needs to meet all that criteria. for instance i dont think they need to be young and marks even spoke to veterans being important to build this team and to help develop young kids. a stop gap woudlnt be a bad thing. I also disagree with a DUI disqualifying KCP. He made a mistake. i wouldnt write him off as a bad guy and i doubt we would either. Covington has an option. Hardaway Jrs defense doesnt really matter, he isnt a center and wont be asked to defend centers in the pick and roll. you can get away with alot moe.

GSW will be hard pressed to keep iguodala unless he takes a discount. Iggy is also a 36% three point shooter.

there are also more options, those were just a few ranging from rookies to vets to FAs to trades etc... a shooting/scoring wing is quite literally the most abundant resrouces and most commonly found thing in the NBA. George Hill, Tyreke Evans, Rudy Gay, then some trade options like Carrolle.

Also... as mentioned, there is no rush to find this SG. if it takes 1-2 years thats fine as wins dont matter much a this point in our rebuild.

Feel like rhj would be a great starter to have if you are focused on great team defense

i dont need great team defense.... it would be nice to actually have a modern team defense though, that would go a long way. and again, im fine with RHJ starting. im not one of these people that things you need to have 4 3 point assassins on the floor to achieve spacing. especially when our offense isnt predicated on driving or isolation drives.

I'm not focused on just wins either, culture is a big part. The franchise's leading scorer who has consistently said he wants to be here and is willing to recruit FAs for the team. He has been here his whole career and has been an upstanding player and person. He can help the young guys with their transitions to the pros. Plus his game translates well as he gets older since he does not rely purely on athleticism

"franchise scorign leader" means nothing to me... all it says is he can score and he has been here longer then anyone else. he isnt top 12 in nets in points per game. culture is great, im sure we can find a nice good charecter guy who also plays defense. also not sure a 7 footer with foot issues who is already too slow to really do alot of things is something that grows well with age.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1289 » by Prokorov » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:35 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:^^yeah that's great point about defensive chemistry. Switching and trapping definitely involves a lot more than what we play now. Guys will have to develop trust and know that when one person makes a move, the other guy is covering space and vice versa.

Well, we'll see. I don't foresee them moving brook at the draft. But I do expect them to draft his replacement who fits the mold of what we need defensively.

My biggest worry is marks is stingy with lopez at the draft, is lowball at the deadline and then feels pressured to extend him not to lose him. that would really set us back even further.
Packers+NetsWIN
Junior

Post#1290 » by Packers+NetsWIN » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:15 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Packers+NetsWIN wrote:You are picking and choosing attributes. We need a wing who fits this criteria: can shoot the 3 at a high rate, is younger with potential or in his prime, fits mark's culture, can be had at least on a reasonable contract, and plays at least average perimeter defense. The following guys you just mentioned:
Hayward - LOL not coming

I disagree that someone needs to meet all that criteria. for instance i dont think they need to be young and marks even spoke to veterans being important to build this team and to help develop young kids. a stop gap woudlnt be a bad thing. I also disagree with a DUI disqualifying KCP. He made a mistake. i wouldnt write him off as a bad guy and i doubt we would either. Covington has an option. Hardaway Jrs defense doesnt really matter, he isnt a center and wont be asked to defend centers in the pick and roll. you can get away with alot moe.

GSW will be hard pressed to keep iguodala unless he takes a discount. Iggy is also a 36% three point shooter.

there are also more options, those were just a few ranging from rookies to vets to FAs to trades etc... a shooting/scoring wing is quite literally the most abundant resrouces and most commonly found thing in the NBA. George Hill, Tyreke Evans, Rudy Gay, then some trade options like Carrolle.

Also... as mentioned, there is no rush to find this SG. if it takes 1-2 years thats fine as wins dont matter much a this point in our rebuild.

i dont need great team defense.... it would be nice to actually have a modern team defense though, that would go a long way. and again, im fine with RHJ starting. im not one of these people that things you need to have 4 3 point assassins on the floor to achieve spacing. especially when our offense isnt predicated on driving or isolation drives.

"franchise scorign leader" means nothing to me... all it says is he can score and he has been here longer then anyone else. he isnt top 12 in nets in points per game. culture is great, im sure we can find a nice good charecter guy who also plays defense. also not sure a 7 footer with foot issues who is already too slow to really do alot of things is something that grows well with age.

"Im not one of these people that things you need to have 4 3 point assassins on the floor to achieve spacing." You might want to rethink that, nets shot the 4th most three pointers in the league this year and I only see that number going up as the players get more comfortable in Atkinson's system and we bring in more shooters.

You still didn't address,what I said, even if kcp's dui is overlooled AND he doesnt get matched, he is still a career 33.4% three point shooter. Brook shot better than that last season in his first season shooting them

Covington has a team option, he is not going anywhere next year.

You complained constantly about bog's defense when he was here but now you are okay with bringing in hardway's defense???

Iggy loves it where he is so I even see him taking a discount. But if he does leave he is a career 33.6% three point shooter. He shot over 36% from three one season and that was this year playing with Steph, may, and Durant. He isn't getting those looks on the nets. Not to mention he is 33 years old.

Evans is not a shooter either and hill is not coming here. I'm okay with carolle and gay but only at the right price
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1291 » by Prokorov » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:21 pm

Packers+NetsWIN wrote:
"Im not one of these people that things you need to have 4 3 point assassins on the floor to achieve spacing." You might want to rethink that, nets shot the 4th most three pointers in the league this year and I only see that number going up as the players get more comfortable in Atkinson's system and we bring in more shooters.

just because you only start 3 guy who can shoot threes doesnt mean you can still shoot a ton of threes. especially bringing alot of them off the bench like Harris and Acy.

You still didn't address,what I said, even if kcp's dui is overlooled AND he doesnt get matched, he is still a career 33.4% three point shooter. Brook shot better than that last season in his first season shooting them

KCP shot 35% from three this year. and it doesnt really matter if he is worst then brook. the monumental difference on defense would mroe then make up a few percentage points from three

You complained constantly about bog's defense when he was here but now you are okay with bringing in hardway's defense???

There is a difference between not good defensively and statisically a bottom 3 defender in the entire NBA. also with bogs it was addition by subtraction... if hardway makes you worse defensively its offset by a ton more upgrading on D with lopez being swapped for a defender
Iggy loves it where he is so I even see him taking a discount. But if he does leave he is a career 33.6% three point shooter. He shot over 36% from three one season and that was this year playing with Steph, may, and Durant. He isn't getting those looks on the nets. Not to mention he is 33 years old.

He shot 36% last year and of course he would get those looks here we were 5th in the NBA in poitns added by shot selection and took as many open 3s as anyone in the league. 33 years old is a good thing... like with foye a mentor is a good thing especially a hard working champion

Evans is not a shooter either and hill is not coming here. I'm okay with carolle and gay but only at the right price

Evans is a good guy super hard worker and could pick up some of lopez scoring. shooting isnt there but again your gaining so much on defense you can live with it for a year until you find your three point shooting SG.

Also...lets not discount Joe Harris. he could develop into that guy too.
Packers+NetsWIN
Junior

Post#1292 » by Packers+NetsWIN » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:31 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Packers+NetsWIN wrote:

just because you only start 3 guy who can shoot threes doesnt mean you can still shoot a ton of threes. especially bringing alot of them off the bench like Harris and Acy.

KCP shot 35% from three this year. and it doesnt really matter if he is worst then brook. the monumental difference on defense would mroe then make up a few percentage points from three

There is a difference between not good defensively and statisically a bottom 3 defender in the entire NBA. also with bogs it was addition by subtraction... if hardway makes you worse defensively its offset by a ton more upgrading on D with lopez being swapped for a defender

He shot 36% last year and of course he would get those looks here we were 5th in the NBA in poitns added by shot selection and took as many open 3s as anyone in the league. 33 years old is a good thing... like with foye a mentor is a good thing especially a hard working champion

Evans is a good guy super hard worker and could pick up some of lopez scoring. shooting isnt there but again your gaining so much on defense you can live with it for a year until you find your three point shooting SG.

Also...lets not discount Joe Harris. he could develop into that guy too.

Good point about Harris. He could develop as solid piece for the future.

I guess certain things we will disagree on but I'm tending to take the more unknown route like we did last year. Rarely people predicted we would trade thad and sign value guys like booker, Hamilton, and Harris.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1293 » by Prokorov » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:45 pm

Packers+NetsWIN wrote:

I guess certain things we will disagree on but I'm tending to take the more unknown route like we did last year. Rarely people predicted we would trade thad and sign value guys like booker, Hamilton, and Harris.

yeah i mean if milsap wants to sign here id be all about it... but otherwise more development please.

as far as thad i was begging us to trade him last year and everyone hated on me and called me a thad hater. then when we traded him everyone was pissed with the deal and i loved it.

trade looks great right now. with brook i think its the same way
Packers+NetsWIN
Junior

Post#1294 » by Packers+NetsWIN » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:01 am

Prokorov wrote:
Packers+NetsWIN wrote:

yeah i mean if milsap wants to sign here id be all about it... but otherwise more development please.

as far as thad i was begging us to trade him last year and everyone hated on me and called me a thad hater. then when we traded him everyone was pissed with the deal and i loved it.

Well I wasn't on this board last year before the draft so I would have agreed with you if I was with thad, but in this one I want lopez to stay. After this upcoming year lopez is a free agent and Lin will be too (if he stays healthy he is definitely going to opt-out), next off-season is the biggest as it will shape the future for what this team will look like. Our 2 best players, lopez and Lin, do we, give them 4 or t year contracts? If so, how much?

If both have good seasons this year and levert, rhj, and the 2 rookies show enough potential, and we come,close to the playoffs or make them, maybe we convince tier b guys to sign with us next year.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1295 » by Prokorov » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:39 am

Packers+NetsWIN wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Packers+NetsWIN wrote:

Well I wasn't on this board last year before the draft so I would have agreed with you if I was with thad, but in this one I want lopez to stay. After this upcoming year lopez is a free agent and Lin will be too (if he stays healthy he is definitely going to opt-out), next off-season is the biggest as it will shape the future for what this team will look like. Our 2 best players, lopez and Lin, do we, give them 4 or t year contracts? If so, how much?

If both have good seasons this year and levert, rhj, and the 2 rookies show enough potential, and we come,close to the playoffs or make them, maybe we convince tier b guys to sign with us next year.

no way should we give lopez a 4 year deal. that is a billy king type move.

with Lin depends what he wants. for 15 million a year sure. 20 million i pass. this team is rebuilding... locking up 45+ million per year into 2 non-allstars isnt a great idea
Packers+NetsWIN
Junior

Post#1296 » by Packers+NetsWIN » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:41 am

Prokorov wrote:
Packers+NetsWIN wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

with Lin depends what he wants. for 15 million a year sure. 20 million i pass. this team is rebuilding... locking up 45+ million per year into 2 non-allstars isnt a great idea

Well then we may have to find a point guard of the future in this draft....and the list of needs keep getting bigger lol
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1297 » by Prokorov » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:47 am

Packers+NetsWIN wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Packers+NetsWIN wrote:

Well then we may have to find a point guard of the future in this draft....and the list of needs keep getting bigger lol

I dont think we do... we have Lin for next year and maybe the year after. we will have tons of cap room the next several offseason we could look to sign one like we signed lin. lots on the trade market as well.

Also.... whats the rush? 1 year into like a 5-6 year rebuild. just add the best talent you can in the draft and players that fit modern systems with high charecter. worry about filing holes in 3 or 4 years once these young guys have developed a bit.
Packers+NetsWIN
Junior

Post#1298 » by Packers+NetsWIN » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:55 am

Prokorov wrote:
Packers+NetsWIN wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I dont think we do... we have Lin for next year and maybe the year after. we will have tons of cap room the next several offseason we could look to sign one like we signed lin. lots on the trade market as well.

Also.... whats the rush? 1 year into like a 5-6 year rebuild. just add the best talent you can in the draft and players that fit modern systems with high charecter. worry about filing holes in 3 or 4 years once these young guys have developed a bit.

I'd be shocked if Lin accepted that player option.

And that's what i mean, the cap space starts to disappear if we resign and brook and decisions will need to be made on those guys in 1 year. So the decision on the those two will need be made in a year if brook isnt traded. And I don't think it is a 5-6 year rebuild, I'd say more of a 3-4 year rebuild. We will have our picks after year 3 of kenny's hire date and we will have seen enough of levert, rhj, whitehead, and the two rookies by the end of that year 3 to have a good idea of where we stand
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1299 » by Prokorov » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:00 am

Packers+NetsWIN wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Packers+NetsWIN wrote:

And that's what i mean, the cap space starts to disappear if we resign and brook and decisions will need to be made on those guys in 1 year. So the decision on the those two will need be made in a year if brook isnt traded. And I don't think it is a 5-6 year rebuild, I'd say more of a 3-4 year rebuild. We will have our picks after year 3 of kenny's hire date and we will have seen enough of levert, rhj, whitehead, and the two rookies by the end of that year 3 to have a good idea of where we stand

I dont know... if Lin opts out he is back to trying to find somewhere to start. maybe thats easier if he has a big year next year which is possible.

getting our picks back is great but you need to keep in mind those picks we make need to develop also. its a long process and we are at the ground floor. hell 75% of our team of the future probably isnt on the roster yet.

resigning lopez makes no sense. why dump huge money into someone you know you have such a low ceiling with? i like lin and id be fine extending him or resinging him but only at 15M range... beyond that and it becomes counter productive, if Lin/Lopez are eating 40-50% of your cap, your really putting yourself in a tough spot
Packers+NetsWIN
Junior

Post#1300 » by Packers+NetsWIN » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:10 am

Prokorov wrote:
Packers+NetsWIN wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I dont know... if Lin opts out he is back to trying to find somewhere to start. maybe thats easier if he has a big year next year which is possible.

getting our picks back is great but you need to keep in mind those picks we make need to develop also. its a long process and we are at the ground floor. hell 75% of our team of the future probably isnt on the roster yet.

resigning lopez makes no sense. why dump huge money into someone you know you have such a low ceiling with? i like lin and id be fine extending him or resinging him but only at 15M range... beyond that and it becomes counter productive, if Lin/Lopez are eating 40-50% of your cap, your really putting yourself in a tough spot

I still think a season of Lin/lopez can be productive with the right pieces around them. Excited for next season!

Return to Brooklyn Nets