ImageImageImageImageImage

WOJ: Nets, Clippers, Pistons 3 way Deal: Landry Shamet, Bruce Brown to Nets , Kennard to LAC, McGruder, Jaylen Hands, 1

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,429

Re: WOJ: Nets, Clippers, Pistons 3 way Deal: Landry Shamet, Bruce Brown to Nets , Kennard to LAC, McGruder, Jaylen Hand 

Post#141 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:19 am

NO COMPLAINING ON THE YACHT!!!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,509

Re: WOJ: Nets, Clippers, Pistons 3 way Deal: Landry Shamet, Bruce Brown to Nets , Kennard to LAC, McGruder, Jaylen Hand 

Post#142 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:57 am

Paradise wrote:
Sharcm1 wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:That’s sad though, good chance had he not traded for Shamet and went with someone like Bey, Allen would still be a Net.

Exactly. Either Houston would have taken bey or another team would have given a first rounder for him. Shamet a waste of space and probably the reason we lost Allen.

I’m sorry but Sean Marks got taken on this harden trade. Big time. The guy wanted to come here and Houston needed to trade him.

How?

Acquiring Shamet has nothing to do with the Harden situation. Marks thought he was adding a young shooter around 23 with playoff experience that had shot 38% from three instead of betting on a mid 1st rookie to be a better player this season. He thought wrong (so far) and there’s no shame in that but it didn’t really impact the Harden deal.

Would Jarrett Allen be a Net after next season? No.

Idk, I think Tsai would have paid to keep Allen, or Marks would have found a good S&T or a separate trade to acquire a need without a ton of salary.

That said, in no way do I agree Marks got taken on this trade. We just landed a generational superstar in his prime for picks and some youth.

Also, though I haven't been Shamet's biggest fan thus far, the last few games he has begun to look better, though I haven't checked the boxscore to verify what we're watching. Hopefully he's turned the corner.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
FlipFlopShot
Pro Prospect
And1: 330

Post#143 » by FlipFlopShot » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:53 am

This trade looking real nice right now. Basically got us Landry Shamet, Bruce Brown and Reggie Perry for cheap.

I feel good with these three coming off our bench. Add in Jeff Green and Nicolas Claxton and we fill out our 9/10 player line up right there.
Makaveli2
Junior
And1: 56

Post#144 » by Makaveli2 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:44 am

I think you gotta take the risk to get harden. He could had been traded to 76ers and then who knows what happens. Not like he’s a ufa next season and the nets just had to wait half a season.
Sharcm1 wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:That’s sad though, good chance had he not traded for Shamet and went with someone like Bey, Allen would still be a Net.

Exactly. Either Houston would have taken bey or another team would have given a first rounder for him. Shamet a waste of space and probably the reason we lost Allen.

I’m sorry but Sean Marks got taken on this harden trade. Big time. The guy wanted to come here and Houston needed to trade him.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,210

Post#145 » by therealbig3 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:30 am

Losing my patience with Shamet. I've been saying it's a small sample size and to give him time...but the sample size is getting bigger now. We're about a quarter of the way through the season at this point, and although he's been shooting a little better lately, he's still at an awful percentage.

And yeah, if we had a rookie like Bey who was playing well, instead of Shamet who's 2 years into a rookie deal and playing poorly, we potentially keep Allen in the Harden trade. That makes this quite a bit worse. Because we desperately need a 7 footer that can protect the paint and clean up the defensive glass, and he's currently coming off the bench for the Cavs.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#146 » by therealbig3 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:32 am

We didn't get hosed in the deal at all, it's James Harden in his prime.

It just sucks that we couldn't keep Allen. Maybe throwing in another future 1st rounder instead of including Allen was a possibility? That's something I would have done without a second thought.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,506

Post#147 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:15 pm

I regret ever defending this guy on here. Shamet blows ass. 0-6 last night on all wide open looks. Marks got played here.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#148 » by CalamityX12 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:14 pm

Elite shooter my butt.... positive impact negative....

He wasn't good before he was a Net and he isnt doing a damn thing to change that...

But Sadiq Bey is some fool who can't help.... hmmmm about that!!!!
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#149 » by therealbig3 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:04 pm

Shamet will take your apologies now lol.

Now shooting 39% from 3.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,593

Post#150 » by DarkXaero » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:29 pm

His TS% is currently at 57.5% and trending up. Fans are so stubborn that a lot of people still don't want to give Shamet the deserved credit.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#151 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:32 am

therealbig3 wrote:Shamet will take your apologies now lol.

Now shooting 39% from 3.

Nope. He played bad and deserved everything said.

He's playing better finally... keep it up.. he's been giving due
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#152 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:27 am

MrDollarBills wrote:I regret ever defending this guy on here. Shamet blows ass. 0-6 last night on all wide open looks. Marks got played here.

whew. glad i was wrong

therealbig3
RealGM

Post#153 » by therealbig3 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:50 am

CalamityX12 wrote:

Now shooting 39% from 3.

But people didn't say "he's playing bad" and just leave it at that...he was legit called a failure that had no chance of turning it around. I mean, that was clearly knee-jerk and reactionary, because he's more than turned it around. He was the major reason we won the Pistons game, and he's been an overall key contributor to our recent winning stretch.

He played a lot worse than expected early in the season...and he's played a lot better than expected lately. Overall, he's shooting the way we expected coming into the season.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#154 » by sashaturiaf » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:51 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:

Now shooting 39% from 3.

But people didn't say "he's playing bad" and just leave it at that...he was legit called a failure that had no chance of turning it around. I mean, that was clearly knee-jerk and reactionary, because he's more than turned it around. He was the major reason we won the Pistons game, and he's been an overall key contributor to our recent winning stretch.

He played a lot worse than expected early in the season...and he's played a lot better than expected lately. Overall, he's shooting the way we expected coming into the season.

Guys don't forget how to shoot overnight when they've been a shooter their whole lives, all Shamet needed was reps to get out of his slump I don't think there was any doubt about that. That's the difference to me when both Shamet and TLC would both go 1/6 early in the season, one guy you wanted to keep shooting the other guy not so much
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,677

Post#155 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:10 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:

Now shooting 39% from 3.

It was always a certainty that his numbers would trend back towards the averages. Unless an injury hits, great shooters always due over the larger sample. He will hit another lull as well. he isnt going to shoot 56% from deep all year. he will finish the year around 40% while continuing to be a best on D and high effort player.

The Nets got the player they thought they were getting.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#156 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:08 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:

Now shooting 39% from 3.

he's playing like the guy I initially hyped up in this thread before i lost my patience :lol:

Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#157 » by Sharcm1 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:27 pm

Am I the only one who still hasn’t changed my opinion of him? I still don’t like his game. There is just something about the way he plays that I don’t like. He is too inconsistent. Yeah he had three or four good games in a row and then the last two games he sucked. He started against the pacers and went 0-4 from three and 1-5 from the floor with 3 points and was a -14 when on the court. And against the Knicks he came off the bench and 1-4 from three and 1-5 overall in 23 mins.

I knew a few good shooting games was all it took for everyone to start with how great he is. Until he does it consistently I’ll keep my judgement of him. I also don’t see the great defender that people say he is either.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,677

Post#158 » by Prokorov » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:14 pm

Sharcm1 wrote:Am I the only one who still hasn’t changed my opinion of him? I still don’t like his game. There is just something about the way he plays that I don’t like. He is too inconsistent. Yeah he had three or four good games in a row and then the last two games he sucked. He started against the pacers and went 0-4 from three and 1-5 from the floor with 3 points and was a -14 when on the court. And against the Knicks he came off the bench and 1-4 from three and 1-5 overall in 23 mins.

I knew a few good shooting games was all it took for everyone to start with how great he is. Until he does it consistently I’ll keep my judgement of him. I also don’t see the great defender that people say he is either.

it wasnt a "a few good shooting games". it was 2 months of increasingly better play
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#159 » by Sharcm1 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:38 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Sharcm1 wrote:Am I the only one who still hasn’t changed my opinion of him? I still don’t like his game. There is just something about the way he plays that I don’t like. He is too inconsistent. Yeah he had three or four good games in a row and then the last two games he sucked. He started against the pacers and went 0-4 from three and 1-5 from the floor with 3 points and was a -14 when on the court. And against the Knicks he came off the bench and 1-4 from three and 1-5 overall in 23 mins.

it wasnt a "a few good shooting games". it was 2 months of increasingly better play

No it was a few good shooting games lol. And he played like crap the last two games
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#160 » by Claud » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:56 pm

Sucks we lost our chance at drafting a young player but Shamet and Brown are young enough and can still improve.

Both have had ups and downs but I think this was a solid trade to improve our depth.

After starting horribly Shamet is shooting 37% from 3 for the season which is solid but can definately be improved on.

Brown is at 25% from 3 but that's not his game. He's basically our PF/C when he's on the court due to his lack of shooting/handles.

I think we should revisit this thread after the playoffs.

I have a feeling Shamet will have a bigger role going forward.

Brown gave us a big lift during a tough injury hit period of games, but he could just be a shorter RHJ.

Return to Brooklyn Nets