SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,489

Re: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Official Thread 

Post#1523 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Aug 5, 2018 3:05 am

by the way, in light of someone taking joy in the fact that RHJ got hurt in a charity game because they think that Kenneth Faried is in the future plans of this team over players who are in their early 20s, I saw an article about this that pointed out that RHJ led the Nets in PIE (Player Impact Estimate). This shouldn't be surprising to anyone who watches this team objectively.

D'Angelo Russell was second.

food for thought?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#1524 » by moonpie » Sun Aug 5, 2018 6:31 am

Read on Twitter
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#1525 » by jbeachboy » Sun Aug 5, 2018 6:46 am

MrDollarBills wrote:by the way, in light of someone taking joy in the fact that RHJ got hurt in a charity game because they think that Kenneth Faried is in the future plans of this team over players who are in their early 20s, I saw an article about this that pointed out that RHJ led the Nets in PIE (Player Impact Estimate). This shouldn't be surprising to anyone who watches this team objectively.

food for thought?

hopefully rondae is okay and that rondae is starting pf. i hope we can keep faried for future plans if he does well this year and is back to being the manimal and is happy with a bench role.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Official Thread 

Post#1526 » by Paradise » Sun Aug 5, 2018 2:11 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:by the way, in light of someone taking joy in the fact that RHJ got hurt in a charity game because they think that Kenneth Faried is in the future plans of this team over players who are in their early 20s, I saw an article about this that pointed out that RHJ led the Nets in PIE (Player Impact Estimate). This shouldn't be surprising to anyone who watches this team objectively.

food for thought?

This board literally can talk themselves into disliking anything. Water. Food. Anything.

I don’t even think this board even remembers that he spent most of the end of the season on a minutes restriction. It’s weird he gets no days off and must be perfect but we could afford to give Lin a large list of excuses because he was always hurt.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1527 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Aug 5, 2018 2:42 pm

Paradise wrote:

food for thought?

This board literally can talk themselves into disliking anything. Water. Food. Anything.

I don’t even think this board even remembers that he spent most of the end of the season on a minutes restriction. It’s weird he gets no days off and must be perfect but we could afford to give Lin a large list of excuses because he was always hurt.

:lol: yeah. Not to derail from the Rondae discussion (i'm hoping this injury is just overblown and he'll be fine by time for camp next month), and I don't know how much weight gets put into PIE but I was pretty surprised. The games where he was on point with his decision making and shot selection were games that we won, so I shouldn't be that surprised either.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1528 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Aug 5, 2018 2:43 pm

jbeachboy wrote:

food for thought?

hopefully rondae is okay and that rondae is starting pf. i hope we can keep faried for future plans if he does well this year and is back to being the manimal and is happy with a bench role.

I don't know if Faried will be here next year but if its for a lesser contract and if he plays well i don't mind at all. he seems to be pretty excited to be here.

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Official Thread 

Post#1529 » by Paradise » Sun Aug 5, 2018 2:59 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
jbeachboy wrote:

food for thought?

I don't know if Faried will be here next year but if its for a lesser contract and if he plays well i don't mind at all. he seems to be pretty excited to be here.

Unless he butts heads with Kenny over minutes, he’s likely to want to re-sign. It’s up to if he fits into our plans or not.

I think he’s primed for a big bounce back contract year kind of season. Also because he grew up watching the New Jersey Nets. This is essentially his Carmelo to NY moment. He’s into the NY fashion life.

He always came out to NY fashion week ever since being drafted, he hangs around a lot of big name rappers like Fabulous, Nas and there was an article recently that compared his popularity to Mike Trout and most importantly, he fits the Brooklyn Grit identity we’re building on.

I would bring him back if we land stars or opt to build a winner. I wouldn’t count out him volunteering to be a mentor either. If he gets the same minutes and role he did under Malone in Denver, I think he’d be less likely to complain due to the fact he’s home verses in the mile high.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#1530 » by kamaze » Sun Aug 5, 2018 7:12 pm

Faried should get more minutes than he did in Denver I'm expecting they rest Rhondae more than last year. Seems he's always hurt.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#1531 » by jbeachboy » Mon Aug 6, 2018 2:50 am

dudley should be odd man out among the bigs, do you guys agree? i would have faried as backup pf.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#1532 » by jbeachboy » Mon Aug 6, 2018 2:52 am

what contract would you give faried if he had a solid year off bench?
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,605

Post#1533 » by TheNetsFan » Mon Aug 6, 2018 1:38 pm

jbeachboy wrote:what contract would you give faried if he had a solid year off bench?

Minimum. If we're going to maximize cap space for free agency and/or trades, that's all we can give these guys, outside of the room-MLE. I think the Room exception will likely be better spent elsewhere.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,677

Post#1534 » by Prokorov » Mon Aug 6, 2018 3:44 pm

food for thought?

RHJ was our clear best player last year and barring something from Allen or Russell or a trade he likely will again this year. Agree on the "start manimal" thing, maybe not the place to do that in the RHJ thread although its nice to have some depth unlike last year post-booker deal.

One thing i think is relevant, is that he hasnt really had a clean year injury wise, and you have to wonder if he can really stay healthy for a string of years in his prime. he is a smaller gerald wallace and crash could only topped 70 games 4 times in 16 years. So that combined with RHJ being up for a contract next summer.... alot to think about. he is our best player and only 22 or 23 but even with improvement and even fi we dont add any free agents this summer its going to be a tough decision
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1535 » by Prokorov » Mon Aug 6, 2018 3:46 pm

jbeachboy wrote:

food for thought?

I'd also love to find a way to keep faried. He fits everything we do on and off the floor outside of shoot threes and with his work ethic who knows? He also isnt super old, at 28 he is still in his prime. he is a local guy, super hard worker, and great for the community. ill be sad if/when he leaves
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1536 » by Prokorov » Mon Aug 6, 2018 3:51 pm

jbeachboy wrote:dudley should be odd man out among the bigs, do you guys agree? i would have faried as backup pf.

I think dudley will see 12-16 minutes per game while being yanked in and out of the rotation. he will spend 4-6 games stretches getting DNPS but there will be minutes for him
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1537 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Aug 6, 2018 4:08 pm

Prokorov wrote:

food for thought?

RHJ was our clear best player last year and barring something from Allen or Russell or a trade he likely will again this year. Agree on the "start manimal" thing, maybe not the place to do that in the RHJ thread although its nice to have some depth unlike last year post-booker deal.

One thing i think is relevant, is that he hasnt really had a clean year injury wise, and you have to wonder if he can really stay healthy for a string of years in his prime. he is a smaller gerald wallace and crash could only topped 70 games 4 times in 16 years. So that combined with RHJ being up for a contract next summer.... alot to think about. he is our best player and only 22 or 23 but even with improvement and even fi we dont add any free agents this summer its going to be a tough decision

Yeah the fact that he gets hurt because of his style of play is problematic. I'm hoping if he can get some range on his shot he won't have to rely on driving as much to score (even though its great that he gets to the line, he gets beat up a lot doing so).

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#1538 » by MGrand15 » Mon Aug 6, 2018 5:58 pm

Eh he missed 14 games last year. 4 the year before. That's not bad at all. He should be fine but he definitely goes 1000% and bangs with bigger dudes regularly.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1539 » by Prokorov » Mon Aug 6, 2018 6:13 pm

MGrand15 wrote:Eh he missed 14 games last year. 4 the year before. That's not bad at all. He should be fine but he definitely goes 1000% and bangs with bigger dudes regularly.

He also missed 53 games his rookie year and has played banged up in additon to the missed games.

i think it has to be factored in when deciding on his long term future.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1540 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Aug 6, 2018 8:36 pm

he missed 14 games last year but we also have to remember how the Nets training team doesn't clear people unless they are 100%.

Year 1 was the only real serious injury that he has sustained, lets keep our fingers crossed. I cringe every time he or LeVert hit the floor.

Return to Brooklyn Nets