RTT IV: Brought To You By The Great People At MomCorp

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Re: RTT IV: All Hail Jiren The Gray 

Post#1541 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:58 pm

Gohan didn't even turn SSJ .... what up with that.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,540

Post#1542 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:51 pm

I started watching DBZ before it came to the US via black market fan sub tapes i used to get from chinatown, so I prefer the Japanese voice actors but I can understand why fans like the dub. I think the dub isn't bad at all, its gotten better from its early days.

By the way, the game is INCREDIBLE. I haven't even tried to play online yet i am learning the buttons. this game is very casual friendly, everything is literally a hadouken motion on the controller to do the specials and you can chain into combos easily.

So far Beerus and Number 18 are my favorites. Goku Black is pretty awesome too.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 14,033

Post#1543 » by Rich Rane » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:12 am

Watched the first dubbed episode of the Goku Black saga. I still don't understand Future Trunks's blue hair.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1544 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:19 am

Rich Rane wrote:Watched the first dubbed episode of the Goku Black saga. I still don't understand Future Trunks's blue hair.

It's because of Bulma, and the animators from the original Dragon Ball/ DBZ series messing up her hair color years ago.

Akira Toriyama always intended for Bulma's hair to be purple:

but for some reason, the animators in the 80s made Bulma's hair blue/green:

and it stayed that way to this day. But when Future Trunks made his debut back in DBZ, the animators decided to make his hair purple like it is in the manga:

Which was fine, since you could spin it off as Trunks getting his hair color because of his grandfather, old chain smoking ass Dr. Briefs:

But then the animators for DragonBall Super decided to make Future Trunks' hair the same color as anime Bulma's, while leaving Little Trunks' hair purple:

which causes a ton of confusion since Future Trunks and Little Trunks are the same person.

so basically....there is no in story explanation. this is 100% a production issue :lol:

therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,214

Post#1545 » by therealbig3 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:22 am

Frieza has literally been the most useless fighter. All he's done is talk a lot of **** and then get his ass kicked, and needed other people to save him. So much hype for nothing so far.

Toppo is a **** ing beast. Mad props to 17 for lasting as long as he has, but pretty sure based on the preview that he's gone in the next episode, which leaves Vegeta to deal with Toppo (and Goku with Jiren).

Honestly, Jiren is being selfish as hell lol. He could EASILY knock out all of the remaining fighters by himself at this point, and he's choosing not to. He's not even going all out and he's still easily keeping up with Goku and Vegeta. If U11 does end up losing, it's 100% because Jiren is a selfish prick.

And I know that he's a different dude in the manga, and he doesn't want to eliminate other universes, but he's shown to have no problem trying to eliminate universes in the show, so he's just choosing not to at this point.
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#1546 » by treiz » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:17 pm

therealbig3 wrote:Frieza has literally been the most useless fighter. All he's done is talk a lot of **** and then get his ass kicked, and needed other people to save him. So much hype for nothing so far.

Toppo is a **** ing beast. Mad props to 17 for lasting as long as he has, but pretty sure based on the preview that he's gone in the next episode, which leaves Vegeta to deal with Toppo (and Goku with Jiren).

Honestly, Jiren is being selfish as hell lol. He could EASILY knock out all of the remaining fighters by himself at this point, and he's choosing not to. He's not even going all out and he's still easily keeping up with Goku and Vegeta. If U11 does end up losing, it's 100% because Jiren is a selfish prick.

And I know that he's a different dude in the manga, and he doesn't want to eliminate other universes, but he's shown to have no problem trying to eliminate universes in the show, so he's just choosing not to at this point.

How dare you? That's Lord Frieza to you, king of the trolls! :lol:

Toppo's a damn beast, and like you said mad props to 17 but kinda disappointed now that they didn't use that to power up Gohan somehow instead.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1547 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:54 pm

Freeza's trolling has been A+ in the tournament, but lord did Toppo hand him his ass or what? that was a solid beating he took. when he hit him with that gut punch you could feel his insides turning to mush, that scream was awful

Number 17 is in some serious trouble. Toppo is ungodly strong. Seeing that Vegeta takes up the fight with him it looks like 17 might get eliminated.

Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant
And1: 383

Post#1548 » by Jersey Generals » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:57 pm

It's not Toppo that has ruined Frieza over the last few episodes, it's getting his ass kicked by Dyspo. Take out the Dyspo fight, and Frieza's **** talking is totally justified: he forced Toppo to turn into a God of **** Destruction. But with the Dyspo fight? Meh.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1549 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:00 pm

therealbig3 wrote:Frieza has literally been the most useless fighter. All he's done is talk a lot of **** and then get his ass kicked, and needed other people to save him. So much hype for nothing so far.

He's not "different" per say, he just shows more depth than being this super silent guy who says cool stuff every 5 episodes or so after he kicks someone's ass :lol:

Either he's still holding back or he can't simply knock them off. He had no hesitation on sending Hit and that other dude to their doom.

Technically Goku, Vegeta, 17 and Freeza just have to last five more minutes (episodes) and they win. But Jiren and Toppo power is so ridiculous right now. You can't even land a hit on Toppo

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1550 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:04 pm

Jersey Generals wrote:It's not Toppo that has ruined Frieza over the last few episodes, it's getting his ass kicked by Dyspo. Take out the Dyspo fight, and Frieza's **** talking is totally justified: he forced Toppo to turn into a God of **** Destruction. But with the Dyspo fight? Meh.

I found Dyspo hanging in there that long to be ridiculous myself.

I also didn't like Gohan sacrificing himself, but again the show always comes down to Goku.

I'm curious as to what will happen. we know that the show will end in March, and then there's a movie coming in December and then I assume the return of the show (maybe with a new name, like DragonBall SS or something). Will they leave the show ended on a cliff hanger?

I understand why they are choosing to go on hiatus here, from what I've read the production demands have become out of control and they have to use their top staff to make an animated film which would mean the show would suffer greatly. Its best for them to use this time to plan things for the next show, they probably needed time to find a new voice actress for Bulma. It's kind of sad playing the game because in the story mode she's involved heavily.

therealbig3
RealGM

Post#1551 » by therealbig3 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:11 am

Jersey Generals wrote:It's not Toppo that has ruined Frieza over the last few episodes, it's getting his ass kicked by Dyspo. Take out the Dyspo fight, and Frieza's **** talking is totally justified: he forced Toppo to turn into a God of **** Destruction. But with the Dyspo fight? Meh.

Eh, he hit him with a cheap shot while he was fighting 17, it's not like he backed him into a corner after overpowering him.

He's really done nothing noteworthy whatsoever in this entire tournament other than talk **** and get whupped right after.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1552 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:56 am

therealbig3 wrote:

Eh, he hit him with a cheap shot while he was fighting 17, it's not like he backed him into a corner after overpowering him.

He's really done nothing noteworthy whatsoever in this entire tournament other than talk **** and get whupped right after.

Honestly his best moments have been when he trolled Frost and being the catalyst for Toppo turning into a god of destruction mid tournament.

this now opens the door by the way for Goku to reach that level, since he has already shown that he can wield Hakkai (Destruction power). When Beerus asked Goku if he wanted to be a god of destruction too when they first met, that wasn't a throwaway line. With him achieving Ultra Instinct and see Toppo just turning into a god of destruction in the middle of a fight, I think I know where Toyotaro/Toriyama are going next story wise (Toyotaro said that the manga will out last the anime, meaning while Super ends the next stories will still be ongoing, which is good since the manga is great).

The difference between Toyotaro and Toriyama as writers imo is that DragonBall Super has more foreshadowing than the original series. Ultra Instinct was foreshadowed early on, same with non gods of destruction being able to wield that same power.

therealbig3
RealGM

Post#1553 » by therealbig3 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:05 am

Also: can't Toppo be DQ'd now? Gods of Destruction aren't allowed to fight in the tournament. Now that's he a God of Destruction, isn't he technically DQ'd?

Not that the rules really matter anyway, as long as Zeno is entertained, it's allowed lol. So if he thinks Toppo becoming a God of Destruction is cool and wants to see it, then it's all good obviously.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1554 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:46 am

hahaha No. 17 and Toppo were flying in this episode. Zeno bros basically make up the rules as they go along. either of that, or the animators can't keep their **** straight. based on what i've read about how crazy their production schedule has become, its a bit of both.

Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant

Post#1555 » by Jersey Generals » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:38 am

MrDollarBills wrote:hahaha No. 17 and Toppo were flying in this episode. Zeno bros basically make up the rules as they go along. either of that, or the animators can't keep their **** straight. based on what i've read about how crazy their production schedule has become, its a bit of both.

Honestly, 17 should have always been able to fly, as well as 18, since it's not like they use to Ki to get around. But with Toppo, if he really is a GoD now, technically he's allowed to fly as the other GoDs were able too, as well. So I just chalk it up to that: 17 can fly since he's not using Bukujutsu and Toppo can now fly since he haxed the rules.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#1556 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:51 pm

Only Kenny would play Krillian, Tien and Roshi vs U11 team...

Sits Goku n Vegeta. LOL jk... but i had to.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,509

Post#1557 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:02 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:My grandfather passed away yesterday.

I knew it was coming (his health was on a rapid decline over the last year), tried my best to mentally prepare for it, and thought I'd be ok when the day arrived.

And yet when I received the phone call yesterday morning, all of my "preparation" was for naught and I still got so torn up over it. I can't stop thinking about him no matter what I do. While I'm glad he's no longer suffering, I was always glad to see him regardless of the condition he was in.

I'm fortunate enough to have experienced a lot the highs in life, but man...some of the low moments like this one hurt really badly. This sucks.

Rich Rane wrote:Who the hell comes up with the episode titles for DBS? Thanks for ruining Toppo's reveal.

Damn guys, really sorry, somehow I didn't see either of these posts until a couple days ago and been meaning to post a response. It's been a tough few months on this board for a number of us family-wise. R.I.P. and if there's anything you guys need, just ask.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 14,033

Post#1558 » by Rich Rane » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:15 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:

I knew it was coming (his health was on a rapid decline over the last year), tried my best to mentally prepare for it, and thought I'd be ok when the day arrived.

And yet when I received the phone call yesterday morning, all of my "preparation" was for naught and I still got so torn up over it. I can't stop thinking about him no matter what I do. While I'm glad he's no longer suffering, I was always glad to see him regardless of the condition he was in.

I'm fortunate enough to have experienced a lot the highs in life, but man...some of the low moments like this one hurt really badly. This sucks.

Rich Rane wrote:Who the hell comes up with the episode titles for DBS? Thanks for ruining Toppo's reveal.

Damn guys, really sorry, somehow I didn't see either of these posts until a couple days ago and been meaning to post a response. It's been a tough few months on this board for a number of us family-wise. R.I.P. and if there's anything you guys need, just ask.

I texted that gif out so many times. I thought it was best to not keep everyone down.
Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant

Post#1559 » by Jersey Generals » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:53 pm

The Luke from the Last Jedi. :lol:

CalamityX12 wrote:Gohan didn't even turn SSJ .... what up with that.

He doesn't need to, as his Ultimate state allows him to tap into all of the energy that the Super Saiyan transformations grant him without any of the stamina issues.

As for your Star Wars post, I haven't read it yet, but I will tonight.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,509

Post#1560 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:59 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:

I texted that gif out so many times. I thought it was best to not keep everyone down.

Jesus, I quoted the wrong quote for you?

I'm quite literally the worst lol.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.

Return to Brooklyn Nets