RTT IV: Brought To You By The Great People At MomCorp

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,211

Re: RTT IV: All Hail Jiren The Gray 

Post#1561 » by therealbig3 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:30 am

Jersey Generals wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:hahaha No. 17 and Toppo were flying in this episode. Zeno bros basically make up the rules as they go along. either of that, or the animators can't keep their **** straight. based on what i've read about how crazy their production schedule has become, its a bit of both.

Honestly, 17 should have always been able to fly, as well as 18, since it's not like they use to Ki to get around. But with Toppo, if he really is a GoD now, technically he's allowed to fly as the other GoDs were able too, as well. So I just chalk it up to that: 17 can fly since he's not using Bukujutsu and Toppo can now fly since he haxed the rules.

And what about Goku, Vegeta, and Jiren?
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#1562 » by therealbig3 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:36 am

And even if it's not so easy for Jiren to take out Goku and Vegeta together at this point, he had multiple opportunities to easily do so earlier in the tournament and simply chose not to. Goku was half-dead, and Jiren decided to meditate lol. Vegeta was essentially in a coma and he just turned his back and told him to sleep, and then half-heartedly started fighting Goku again.

Jiren could have ended the tournament a long time ago if he wanted to.
Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant
And1: 383

Post#1563 » by Jersey Generals » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:19 am

therealbig3 wrote:And what about Goku, Vegeta, and Jiren?

Literally the only answer I have. The writers don't give a damn about the rules, clearly.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,537

Post#1564 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:02 pm

I'm interested to see how the manga handles the tournament, the pacing has been so much better. Chaulifa's backstory is a lot more interesting (and explains why she's able to do what she did in the anime, she's one of if not the strongest saiyan on her planet apparently). They can do a lot if they have a Planet Salada saga because it looks like the king of that planet is corrupt and Chaulifa and her gang goes around robbing from the rich to feed the poor.

Vegeta wants to meet the guy, may not go so well.

^^not sure why the anime didn't have Gohan wear the outfit he has in the manga. Looks way cooler.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,509

Post#1565 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Feb 1, 2018 12:45 am

Probably copping a new phone within the next week and thinking about switching carries as well.

What phones do you guys have?
There are 2 I specifically have my eyes on, but I'd rather hear everyone's thoughts without prior name drops.

Also, what carriers do you guys have? I'm currently on T-Mobile but thinking about switching to Verizon. T-Mobile has been good to me, but it's not so much cheaper for a single line and even though I feel like T-Mobile is flatout faster than Verizon for data speeds in a lot of the major cities, going to places like Vermont, Mass, Virginia, some parts of PA and even parts of NJ, sometimes you're in a 10 mile blackhole of nothing where you F'ed even using navigation if you didn't start it and leave it on while in service, let alone call and regular data.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1566 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 1, 2018 1:53 am

Samsung Galaxy, T-Mobile. I like T Mobile and I have unlimited data so i stream tons of crap on my phone. What are verizon's perks? I've literally had no issues with T-Mobile.

vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#1567 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Feb 1, 2018 2:47 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Samsung Galaxy, T-Mobile. I like T Mobile and I have unlimited data so i stream tons of crap on my phone. What are verizon's perks? I've literally had no issues with T-Mobile.

You have an S7 or S8?

I never have issues with T-Mobile locally, but I do hit dead spots with it at work and a few times on vaca and the such.

The Verizon perks I guess are mainly the network and I like the Pixel 2, which they have. They'll probably give me at least a $100 to switch, along with pay off the $60 I still owe on my S7, they are offering $50 more on trade in on my phone at least for online estimates and then there's the NFL app you get for free that's basically the NFL Ticket and supposedly they're going to include a League Pass like app for free next season as well.

T-Mobile you get the MLB TV for free and T-Mobile Tuesday's, plus free NetFlix, it's about $10 a month cheaper, less throttling and I'm guessing I can call up like I did about 2 years ago and tell them I'm leaving if they don't hook it up for me and they'll pretty much match all the Verizon stuff.

I wouldn't even get a new phone, but my phone is starting to get all laggy, the Bluetooth and WiFi have gotten crazy weak and the battery doesn't last as long.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1568 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 1, 2018 3:35 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Samsung Galaxy, T-Mobile. I like T Mobile and I have unlimited data so i stream tons of crap on my phone. What are verizon's perks? I've literally had no issues with T-Mobile.

You have an S7 or S8?

I never have issues with T-Mobile locally, but I do hit dead spots with it at work and a few times on vaca and the such.

The Verizon perks I guess are mainly the network and I like the Pixel 2, which they have. They'll probably give me at least a $100 to switch, along with pay off the $60 I still owe on my S7, they are offering $50 more on trade in on my phone at least for online estimates and then there's the NFL app you get for free that's basically the NFL Ticket and supposedly they're going to include a League Pass like app for free next season as well.

T-Mobile you get the MLB TV for free and T-Mobile Tuesday's, plus free NetFlix, it's about $10 a month cheaper, less throttling and I'm guessing I can call up like I did about 2 years ago and tell them I'm leaving if they don't hook it up for me and they'll pretty much match all the Verizon stuff.

I wouldn't even get a new phone, but my phone is starting to get all laggy, the Bluetooth and WiFi have gotten crazy weak and the battery doesn't last as long.

s7. I'm not a phone whore who needs upgrades every year. as long as i have internet access and unlimited data to do my business stuff with, i'm good.

wait. t mobile comes with free netflix?

vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#1569 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Feb 1, 2018 5:06 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:

You have an S7 or S8?

s7. I'm not a phone whore who needs upgrades every year. as long as i have internet access and unlimited data to do my business stuff with, i'm good.

wait. t mobile comes with free netflix?

Lol yeah, it comes with free NetFlix but I just realized only if it's a family plan with at least 2 lines. When I switch all this up I'll have a single line plan, so I have to call and argue with someone to see if they'll still cover me.

Now that I think about it, I have to make sure Verizon gives you the NFL for free anymore, my friend who always uses it has been on Verizon forever, he may be grandfathered in.

You know about the free MLB Season Pass on Tmobile though right? Don't recall if you're a big baseball fan, but that's a nice perk. It usually costs like $20 a month through the season.

I love the S7 though, I wouldn't even get a new phone if it weren't for the issues with it. In fact I hate all these curved screen phones like the EDGE and the S8. I like the subtle curving on the regular S7, but not the full curved edge on the Edge. I'm leaning towards the LG V30, the Pixel 2 or the S8 Active. That or I might cop a strange phone from Amazon.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1570 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 1, 2018 7:16 pm

I love my S7, I'm not planning on upgrading until there's a dire need.

I am a casual baseball watcher that doesn't start really paying attention til July/August, but considering that the Yankees are now on steroids I'll probably start following from spring training. I dunno if i will need MLB Pass for that though

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#1571 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Feb 1, 2018 8:41 pm

I'm waiting for the s9... im due for a new phone and i earned it lol...

haven't changed phones in nearly 5 years. I have a droid maxx too....
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant

Post#1572 » by Jersey Generals » Thu Feb 1, 2018 9:49 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
Spoiler:
Agree with your points to support your good view on the movie. I thought the imagery and cinematagrophy of both space and land were excellent.

Idk how you felt, but the lightspeed through the Supremacy(Snoke's ship) was a thing of beauty. I just wish it was Leia on it and doing it, that would've made it more impactful. Hindsight, I would almost prefer it that Snoke was alive on the ship and her lightspeed went through his vinicity of the ship thus decapitating his ass epically. Luke defeats the Emperor(assist) and Leia snuffs Snoke(for Han and Ben).

Spoiler:
I like the shot, it looked great, but the actual idea of it? It breaks every Star Wars thing before it. Why did the Rebels not put a hyperdrive on an asteroid and destroy the Death Star? Why not just build ships for the purpose of suicide bombing? If ships don't come out of hyperspace when near gravity wells (as stated in A New Hope), why has this not happened before? So like I said, I liked the shot, but the actual idea behind it? It breaks Star Wars.

Decided to respond to each part individually when I have the time. Responded to the Good above.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#1573 » by therealbig3 » Sun Feb 4, 2018 7:05 am

Just in case people aren't caught up with DBS yet:

Spoiler:
Greatest moment of Vegeta's career? He just took out a God of Destruction by himself. In fact, that's more impressive than anything Goku has done to this point.

Based on the preview, it looks like Jiren lays the smack down on Goku and Vegeta, and 17 makes a last ditch effort to hold him off, but he's most likely eliminated in the next episode.

Meanwhile, Frieza is probably just gonna hide out until the end, because I doubt he was eliminated by Jiren's attack if 17 wasn't.

BTW, Toppo going God of Destruction and getting 0 eliminations, especially against relative weaklings like Frieza and 17, is one of the biggest choke jobs ever. Especially since he had ample opportunity to eliminate them. 17 is such a boss though, gonna be sad to see him go in the next episode, but it's gonna take Jiren to eliminate him, so there's some solace in that. 17 survived against a God of Destruction and made it to the very end. Didn't expect that at all, and it shows that he's definitely a major force to be reckoned with.
Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant

Post#1574 » by Jersey Generals » Sun Feb 4, 2018 10:14 am

Honestly, this episode just made me hate Vegeta even more. He's just so obtuse about this pride bull. Survival is the only thing that matters, jackass. I wish Toppo would have just Hakai'd him and dqed himself for all of our sakes. Cool attack visuals, though.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#1575 » by therealbig3 » Sun Feb 4, 2018 6:07 pm

Jersey Generals wrote:Honestly, this episode just made me hate Vegeta even more. He's just so obtuse about this pride bull. Survival is the only thing that matters, jackass. I wish Toppo would have just Hakai'd him and dqed himself for all of our sakes. Cool attack visuals, though.

I'm not a Vegeta fan either, he's really just been a foil for a Goku, and it's become super predictable that he just gets what Goku gets a couple months later. And his pride nonsense is annoying.

It's funny how nobody gets pissed at Goku though. He does the same stupid **** as Vegeta.
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#1576 » by treiz » Sun Feb 4, 2018 7:27 pm

^The DBS discussions started with a unanimous hate for Goku on this board :lol:
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1577 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Feb 5, 2018 1:04 am

^^he's a lying sociopath. How Gohan became such an upstanding young man, no one will ever know. Gohan is more of a hero than Goku is. Goku just wants to quench his thirst for violence, neglect his duties as a father, and make a glutton of himself. He's really repugnant if you think about it, outside of the times he saved the world.

Vegeta vs Toppo was an awesome fight, I was marking out when Vegeta started nailing him every time he tried to do Hakkai. Beating a God of Destruction level fighter is top tier stuff.

LOL @ when Jiren shamed Toppo. Jiren is great.

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: RE: Re: RTT IV: All Hail Jiren The Gray 

Post#1578 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Feb 5, 2018 2:29 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:Probably copping a new phone within the next week and thinking about switching carries as well.

What phones do you guys have?
There are 2 I specifically have my eyes on, but I'd rather hear everyone's thoughts without prior name drops.

Also, what carriers do you guys have? I'm currently on T-Mobile but thinking about switching to Verizon. T-Mobile has been good to me, but it's not so much cheaper for a single line and even though I feel like T-Mobile is flatout faster than Verizon for data speeds in a lot of the major cities, going to places like Vermont, Mass, Virginia, some parts of PA and even parts of NJ, sometimes you're in a 10 mile blackhole of nothing where you F'ed even using navigation if you didn't start it and leave it on while in service, let alone call and regular data.
T-Mobile.

Note 3...still going strong.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1579 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Feb 5, 2018 3:20 am

I hate the Eagles, but nothing pleases me more than seeing that Trump supporting **** Tom Brady losing.

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#1580 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Feb 5, 2018 3:23 am

Somebody find VC4P. I know the homie is probably straight pasted lol.

Good for the Eagles...glad they took out the Patriots.

Return to Brooklyn Nets