ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA, 2016-17 Season thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Re: Around the NBA, 2016-17 Season thread 

Post#1801 » by Ror1997 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:31 pm

Dude played his heart out after his sister passed and Celtic fans go and burn his jersey.

IT doesn't deserve this. He doesn't deserve the C's to trade him after he CARRIED them back to relevancy. He doesn't deserve for these fans to turn their back on him when he did nothing but put blood sweat and so many tears into wearing that jersey with pride. And he doesn't deserve the smear campaign they're trying to run
Read on Twitter

There is nothing about this ordeal that isn't low class. Its literally disgusting the way the Celtics dumped him and kicked him like it was nothing.
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#1802 » by steady » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:42 pm

These games have suddenly become more interesting

Oct 25 (Barclays)
Nov 22
Feb 27
March 25 (Barclays)

... these are the games with the Cavs
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#1803 » by Ror1997 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:53 pm

Read on Twitter
Roy Tarpley
Veteran
And1: 987

Post#1804 » by Roy Tarpley » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:19 pm

As I read responses to the Kyrie trade in other team threads, it seems like 80-90% of folks think that the Nets will suck and provide a top lottery pick.

There's a handful of those who think the Nets will surprise like Fratello, Haberstroh, and Panda Friend.

Can't wait for the Vegas over under to come out. Willing to put 1K on over if at 25 wins. Assuming this prop pays off, might as well throw $100 at the Nets winning the EC at 400/1 odds.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#1805 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:56 am

Paradise wrote:So glad we do not have any games on ESPN. By far the dumbest thing I've ever seen. They should be boycotted.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Sounds like satire?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#1806 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:57 am

Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow, what the heck is this for?

This is not like the Decision at all.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#1807 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:01 am

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0692123404609787481-4

Hearing that some in the Knicks front office see Jarrett Jack and Archie Goodwin as potential free agent additions at point guard. Jack would provide the Knicks with a veteran presence in the locker room and on the floor. Goodwin fits the mold of the direction the Knicks are heading toward -- a young player who may still develop with opportunity. Jeff Hornacek is also familiar with Goodwin from their Phoenix days.

Coincidence?
Thanks for the honesty.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,378

Post#1808 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:03 pm

Roy Tarpley wrote:As I read responses to the Kyrie trade in other team threads, it seems like 80-90% of folks think that the Nets will suck and provide a top lottery pick.

There's a handful of those who think the Nets will surprise like Fratello, Haberstroh, and Panda Friend.

Can't wait for the Vegas over under to come out. Willing to put 1K on over if at 25 wins. Assuming this prop pays off, might as well throw $100 at the Nets winning the EC at 400/1 odds.

90% of those people can't name 5 members of the Nets without having to pull up google...I wouldn't pay that any mind.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,605

Post#1809 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:24 pm

Roy Tarpley wrote:As I read responses to the Kyrie trade in other team threads, it seems like 80-90% of folks think that the Nets will suck and provide a top lottery pick.

I'd expect our pick to fall in the 5-8 range. Cleveland will get a good pick, but it's unlikely, without lottery luck, franchise altering.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Around the NBA, 2016-17 Season thread 

Post#1810 » by Paradise » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:04 pm

LeBron went in on Cs fans.

Read on Twitter

KlicKlac
Analyst
And1: 331

Post#1811 » by KlicKlac » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:16 pm

Read on Twitter
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,057

Post#1812 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:02 pm

Wow what a **** show in Boston.

I wonder if the deal gets done now.
FlipFlopShot
Pro Prospect
And1: 330

Post#1813 » by FlipFlopShot » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:44 pm

KlicKlac wrote:
Read on Twitter

WHAT!?!
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,677

Post#1814 » by Prokorov » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:23 pm

can you blame fans from other teams?

on paper they saw us finish dead last in the NBA and then trade our best player.

i think we will be better but i dont think its some slight for anyone to think we will be awful
Roy Tarpley
Veteran

Post#1815 » by Roy Tarpley » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:39 pm

Prokorov wrote:

on paper they saw us finish dead last in the NBA and then trade our best player.

i think we will be better but i dont think its some slight for anyone to think we will be awful

I'm not saying it's a slight. I'm saying these 80-90% of folks don't know the Nets like the Nets fans who watched 82 games of Brooklyn ball last year. And if I'm betting money, I'm gonna trust my instincts after watching the Nets last year rather than the jackoffs who think the Nets pick will give Bagley to the Cavs.
Aussienet3
Junior
And1: 90

Post#1816 » by Aussienet3 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:34 am

Roy Tarpley wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I'm not saying it's a slight. I'm saying these 80-90% of folks don't know the Nets like the Nets fans who watched 82 games of Brooklyn ball last year. And if I'm betting money, I'm gonna trust my instincts after watching the Nets last year rather than the jackoffs who think the Nets pick will give Bagley to the Cavs.

It's Just laziness by the so called experts to predict another terrible season from us.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1817 » by Prokorov » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:24 pm

Aussienet3 wrote:
Roy Tarpley wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

It's Just laziness by the so called experts to predict another terrible season from us.

what is lazy about it? we have bottom 3 talent, will have to integreat 3 or 4 new starters and 5-6 new rotation players and like last year dont have the depth to sustain injury to a starter.

we might suprise, but this is still a sun 30 win team on paper right now. and dpending how bad injuries hit (and they hit everyone to some degree) we could be a sub 25 win team.
Roy Tarpley
Veteran

Post#1818 » by Roy Tarpley » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:48 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Aussienet3 wrote:
Roy Tarpley wrote:

what is lazy about it? we have bottom 3 talent, will have to integreat 3 or 4 new starters and 5-6 new rotation players and like last year dont have the depth to sustain injury to a starter.

we might suprise, but this is still a sun 30 win team on paper right now. and dpending how bad injuries hit (and they hit everyone to some degree) we could be a sub 25 win team.

I think you're entitled to your view but it's on the pessimistic side.

Last season, ESPN's final season prediction was 29 wins. The average prediction from my prediction thread in the Nets board was about 29 wins. If we extrapolate the Nets' winning percentage (.378) when Lin played over 82 games, it'd give us 31 wins.

For 2017-18, ESPN's "early" season prediction is 30 wins. The average prediction from the Nets board is 33 wins (and would be higher if not for KSwiss's trollish low win prediction). So arguably, on paper, we're a 30+ win team, not a sub-30 win team. You are definitely on the pessimistic side of the spectrum. Nothing wrong with that.

We have better depth this year than last. Last year, we had Scola, Bennett, rookie Whitehead, Dinwiddie, rookie/coming off injury Levert, Vasquez. This year, Booker and Levert are bench players, and Skil will be strictly bench, and Whitehead and Dinwiddie have another year of experience. We can sustain an injury to any player though it'll hurt big if we lose Mozgov or Lin.

On paper we're a low 30 wins team, and if things gel, we're going to contend for the playoffs.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1819 » by Prokorov » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:14 pm

Roy Tarpley wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Aussienet3 wrote:

I think you're entitled to your view but it's on the pessimistic side.

Last season, ESPN's final season prediction was 29 wins. The average prediction from my prediction thread in the Nets board was about 29 wins. If we extrapolate the Nets' winning percentage (.378) when Lin played over 82 games, it'd give us 31 wins.

For 2017-18, ESPN's "early" season prediction is 30 wins. The average prediction from the Nets board is 33 wins (and would be higher if not for KSwiss's trollish low win prediction). So arguably, on paper, we're a 30+ win team, not a sub-30 win team. You are definitely on the pessimistic side of the spectrum. Nothing wrong with that.

We have better depth this year than last. Last year, we had Scola, Bennett, rookie Whitehead, Dinwiddie, rookie/coming off injury Levert, Vasquez. This year, Booker and Levert are bench players, and Skil will be strictly bench, and Whitehead and Dinwiddie have another year of experience. We can sustain an injury to any player though it'll hurt big if we lose Mozgov or Lin.

On paper we're a low 30 wins team, and if things gel, we're going to contend for the playoffs.

Were not a 30+ win team on paper. and while kwsiss total is trolling, the 40+ win predictions are equally as delusional as his.

We are deeper then last year, but that doesnt say much. we still lack starting calibur talent. we have like 2 legit nba starter and really have 4-6 guys who are better suited as 6th men then starters. we still lack 2 way players.

there arent more then 2 or 3 teams that have as little talent as we have. being better then last yeats 20 win team doesnt say much.

this is a sub 30 win team on paper who if overachieve couls suprise at 32-34 wins
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1820 » by Prokorov » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:15 pm

FlipFlopShot wrote:
KlicKlac wrote:
Read on Twitter

WHAT!?!

smart move by noel. dont sign a low ball offer when he can go to the highest bitter without the threat of the mavs matching

Return to Brooklyn Nets