NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas 

Post#1981 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:59 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:I've been disenchanted with Kenny's approach with most big men. Forgive me for taking an "I'll wait to see it happen" approach.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Aside from Lopez and a 19 year old Allen, who's there to play? Mosgov, Hamilton, Okafor... They dont compare to Dwight. I'm not losing sleep over not giving those guys more minutes. They aren't difference makers.

They were all stop gaps. The C they made the biggest investment (future wise, not money wise) is Allen. That tells me that KA has a plan for incorporating a defensive minded big man into the teams system. Which means D12 would fit into KA's vision.

Plus, D12 is a good player. The guys KA didnt play weren't. It's not some war on Big men. Remember early in the season when we started Mosgov and the other teams bigman would have a career night against us? Every game?

The idea that Mosgov, Okafor or even Hamilton didn't getting minutes for any reason besides them not deserving minutes is ridiculous. To think Dwight Howard (A very good player) would get benched is worse. Cmon evo

Yeah, you can't ignore the fact that Tyler Zeller played a lot before he was traded. Mozgov sucked balls. Okafor really doesn't fit in. What did Zeller do that others didn't? He rebounded. Got his hands dirty on both ends. Finished off of feeds. He also hit threes. Hell I still wish Zeller was here.
You guys bring up good points. I've moved from disenchantment to cautious optimism.

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas 

Post#1982 » by Paradise » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:04 pm

Sam Amico claims Nets are seriously targeting a deal with CLE for our pick back.

Read on Twitter
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,605

Post#1983 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:16 pm

#8 would require at least 2, if not all 3 of the following:
2019 1st
LeVert
Taking back a bad contract.

Schmitz also made a good point last night. After Robert Williams is selected, it will take a long time for another 6'9"+ player to be selected. Plus, he reiterated that next year's draft is bad.
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#1984 » by shakendfries » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:24 pm

Paradise wrote:Sam Amico claims Nets are seriously targeting a deal with CLE for our pick back.

Read on Twitter

ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
Sleepyazn
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#1985 » by Sleepyazn » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:38 pm

Paradise wrote:Sam Amico claims Nets are seriously targeting a deal with CLE for our pick back.

Read on Twitter

Don't worry guys, Fake News Amico is full of crap like always.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,544

Post#1986 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:44 pm

Read on Twitter

Bull sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#1987 » by steady » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:18 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:#8 would require at least 2, if not all 3 of the following:
2019 1st
LeVert

Schmitz also made a good point last night. After Robert Williams is selected, it will take a long time for another 6'9"+ player to be selected. Plus, he reiterated that next year's draft is bad.

I think this is probably fake news but if any truth to it

Dinwiddie is probably part of the discussions. Didn’t Cavs make offer for him at trade deadline /. Their first rounder...
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,509

Post#1988 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:19 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter

Bull sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

RHJ and LeVert are easily worth the 8 as a package, especially if we swap Carroll for a guy like JR Smith.

RHJ/Dinwiddie/29/Carroll for 8/JR/Shump type of deal might even get it done, or LeVert in place of RHJ.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Re: RE: Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas 

Post#1989 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:40 pm

Sleepyazn wrote:

Read on Twitter

Don't worry guys, Fake News Amico is full of crap like always.
Yeah, this makes no sense.

Why would CLE do this if they're still hoping to find a way to retain LBJ?

Use that pick in a package with Love for Kawhi.

Trading with the Nets would only ensure that LBJ is not coming back.

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#1990 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:41 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter

RHJ and LeVert are easily worth the 8 as a package, especially if we swap Carroll for a guy like JR Smith.

RHJ/Dinwiddie/29/Carroll for 8/JR/Shump type of deal might even get it done, or LeVert in place of RHJ.
You do know that Shump has been in Sacramento for months, right lol?

Roy Tarpley
Veteran
And1: 987

Post#1991 » by Roy Tarpley » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:58 pm

I'd rather trade Dlo than RHJ/Levert.
bud29
Junior
And1: 139

Post#1992 » by bud29 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:08 pm

Yeah, I don't think Cleveland is too interested in trading 8 to us. Our "assets" are not the kind of assets that would make Lebron want to stay, nor are they the kind of assets that you'd want to build around in a post-Lebron era. Would be better for them to bite the bullet and take Sexton/Carter or swing for the fences and try to flip the pick for someone like Kawhi. Kemba Walker is also being linked to Cleveland again, I think pick 8 would probably be the centerpiece in any deal where the Cavs acquire him.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,677

Post#1993 » by Prokorov » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:31 pm

Ror1997 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:
Aside from Lopez and a 19 year old Allen, who's there to play? Mosgov, Hamilton, Okafor... They dont compare to Dwight. I'm not losing sleep over not giving those guys more minutes. They aren't difference makers.

They were all stop gaps. The C they made the biggest investment (future wise, not money wise) is Allen. That tells me that KA has a plan for incorporating a defensive minded big man into the teams system. Which means D12 would fit into KA's vision.

Plus, D12 is a good player. The guys KA didnt play weren't. It's not some war on Big men. Remember early in the season when we started Mosgov and the other teams bigman would have a career night against us? Every game?

The idea that Mosgov, Okafor or even Hamilton didn't getting minutes for any reason besides them not deserving minutes is ridiculous. To think Dwight Howard (A very good player) would get benched is worse. Cmon evo

it doesnt matter uif dwight is an allstar or hwo good he is. he shouldnt play a ton because he isnt a long term piece and wins dont matter at this point of the rebuild.

play him early so he doesnt become a malcontent before trading him at the deadline. howard shouldnt eat into anyone minutes

Wins dont matter at this point of the rebuild? What is this, 2016? The goal is to compete next year. Marks and KA are on record saying it.

the opposite is true. marks said again we wouldnt measure ourselves by wins again this year. said he didnt know when we would. id assume not until 2020. we arent even halfway through the rebuild yet.
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas 

Post#1994 » by Ror1997 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:45 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:

Yeah, you can't ignore the fact that Tyler Zeller played a lot before he was traded. Mozgov sucked balls. Okafor really doesn't fit in. What did Zeller do that others didn't? He rebounded. Got his hands dirty on both ends. Finished off of feeds. He also hit threes. Hell I still wish Zeller was here.
You guys bring up good points. I've moved from disenchantment to cautious optimism.

:nod:
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,677

Post#1995 » by Prokorov » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:15 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:#8 would require at least 2, if not all 3 of the following:
2019 1st
LeVert

i easily part with Levert, take his keys to the facility and drive over the speed limit to get to the airport if i can get our pick back. I'd include the 2019 pick as long as it has protections (at least top 5). taking back bad salary is fine with me as well.

alternatively id do Russell/Levert/RHJ for #8 and take back salary.

anything short of allen + unprotected 2019 pick is a go for me
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1996 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:34 pm

bud29 wrote:Yeah, I don't think Cleveland is too interested in trading 8 to us. Our "assets" are not the kind of assets that would make Lebron want to stay, nor are they the kind of assets that you'd want to build around in a post-Lebron era. Would be better for them to bite the bullet and take Sexton/Carter or swing for the fences and try to flip the pick for someone like Kawhi. Kemba Walker is also being linked to Cleveland again, I think pick 8 would probably be the centerpiece in any deal where the Cavs acquire him.

That "rumor" is easily the biggest load of crap I've heard today outside of Trump's early morning tirade about putting children in concentration camps being the democrats idea.

shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#1997 » by shakendfries » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:39 pm

shakendfries wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1998 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:46 pm

^^lol damn.

and I see that Windrem wasted no time putting that garbage about the Nets getting back the #8 front and center. anything for those clicks and ad impressions.

Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#1999 » by Claud » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:50 pm

For me it depends on who is available at the 8th pick. Trading RHJ/Levert to move up for a higher caliber/potential player could be a smart play in the long term but it really depends on who is picked at 8th.

I know some don't believe in Levert but I see big things for him in the future. He has star talent in my eyes.

RHJ minimum is an Andre Iguadola type role player but to me his offensive game can be much better than Iggy's ever was.

Point is, Levert and RHJ are the type of players who fit perfectly on winning teams. Two way players minimum with potential to Improve and become stars.

If we give them up it better be for one special player. I trust Markinson.
FlipFlopShot
Pro Prospect
And1: 330

Post#2000 » by FlipFlopShot » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:23 pm

Claud wrote:For me it depends on who is available at the 8th pick. Trading RHJ/Levert to move up for a higher caliber/potential player could be a smart play in the long term but it really depends on who is picked at 8th.

I know some don't believe in Levert but I see big things for him in the future. He has star talent in my eyes.

RHJ minimum is an Andre Iguadola type role player but to me his offensive game can be much better than Iggy's ever was.

Point is, Levert and RHJ are the type of players who fit perfectly on winning teams. Two way players minimum with potential to Improve and become stars.

If we give them up it better be for one special player. I trust Markinson.

A bit too high on Rondae there I see.

Return to Brooklyn Nets