Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Re: All kinds of rumors about Drummond 

Post#21 » by Whiskey Slick » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:16 am

therealbig3 wrote:
Would love to add Drummond.

I realize that Rodman was a better player than Drummond, because he was a much better defender, but as a rebounder...Drummond does have a better DRB% than Rodman when you compare the two as full-time starters. Drummond is at like 33.9%, and Rodman is at 33.0%.

Dwight Howard was at like 30% during his prime. Garnett and Duncan during their primes don't even come close (26%). Another big time rebounder was B. Wallace, and he was at 28%.

Drummond is legitimately in the conversation as the GOAT defensive rebounder, and the only reason he isn't definitely the best is because we don't have those numbers on Russell and Wilt and early Kareem.

I love Drummond and none of this surprises me. I was FURIOUS the night the Nets had a chance to draft him and passed. So I've followed his career pretty closely and I know he's a rebounding beast. That's why I had the gall to put him in the conversation with Rodman as a rebounder.

That said, I didn't have to see Wilt to know he was the most dominant scorer, shot-blocker AND REBOUNDER whoever lived. I think I've watched every YouTube video there is on Wilt, and there's quite a few of them, A LOT, and IMO he was the GOAT by a country mile. I know he lacks the chips like Russell and Jordan, and Kareem is the All-Time scoring leader because he played a hundred years, but there has never been a more dominant player than Wilt. We all know he scored a 100 Points in a Game, but one year he also averaged like 54 rebounds PG. Always led the league in blocked shots too. Heck, one year he got criticized for scoring too much (what??), so what did he do, he went out and led the league in assists!

It always amazes me when the GOAT conversation comes up between Jordan and LeBron.

Frankly Wilt Chamberlain would have taken both of them to the woodshed ... in the same day.

Arnold Schwarzenegger called him the strongest man he'd ever seen. Said he would power lift more than world champion power lifters, and make it look easy. Said in the Conan movie Wilt picked him up like a baby. He was also an amazing athlete. Asked his college coach to put him in the high-jump event, with ZERO practice. The coach laughed but Wilt convinced him to do it, and of course Wilt won the event.
Nondescript
Pro Prospect
And1: 175

Post#22 » by Nondescript » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:16 am

Bring Drummond to Brooklyn and I shall give you my first born son
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,498

Post#23 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:35 pm

Drummond might not be the perfect fit, but at the same time, he's the perfect fit.

When you have a chance to steal an above average starting player in his dead ass prime, whose one of the best rebounders of all time, at our only true position of weakness, you shoot first, ask questions last.

That said, even though Cleveland buying him out makes a lot of sense for all parties and this certainly could have been a wink wink part of Allen to the Cavs, I'll still be a little surprised, albeit not shocked if it actually happens.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,573

Post#24 » by HardenGoat » Mon Feb 1, 2021 1:58 am

We need Drummond. To beat the Lakers we need size in the paint and rebounding. He absolutely fits the bill.
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect

Post#25 » by Whiskey Slick » Mon Feb 1, 2021 11:27 pm

Admittedly I don't understand all the cap rules and how it works, so don't kill me for asking this question, I'm admitting I don't fully understand the cap rules, but is there any chance we can trade, oh say, Dinwiddie and Claxton to Cleveland if they buyout Drummond?
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,605

Post#26 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Feb 2, 2021 2:17 am

Whiskey Slick wrote:Admittedly I don't understand all the cap rules and how it works, so don't kill me for asking this question, I'm admitting I don't fully understand the cap rules, but is there any chance we can trade, oh say, Dinwiddie and Claxton to Cleveland if they buyout Drummond?

No. You can't give a team compensation to entice them to buy a player out.
JoseRizal
General Manager
And1: 2,233

Post#27 » by JoseRizal » Wed Feb 3, 2021 8:59 am

Just imagine if we get Drummond, we'll almost have 3 league leaders on the same team (Points, Rebounds, Assists). That's insane! :o
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect

Post#28 » by Whiskey Slick » Wed Feb 3, 2021 10:04 pm

JoseRizal wrote:
Just imagine if we get Drummond, we'll almost have 3 league leaders on the same team (Points, Rebounds, Assists). That's insane! :o

We might not lose a game in the post season.

In the words of Moses Malone: "Fo, Fo and Fo."

Only now we would have to add another Fo.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

All kinds of rumors about Drummond 

Post#29 » by Paradise » Wed Feb 3, 2021 10:22 pm

I’m not going to lie....the idea we could just sign Drummond as a ring chaser like he’s a scrub off the street is mind boggling right now.

Can we just sign Luis Scola before we head into the playoffs for good karma?
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#30 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:45 am

Any chance Amare gets off the bench and signs with us? Lol
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#31 » by GYK » Fri Feb 5, 2021 11:33 pm

Drummond would be an absolute perfect fit. Like **** in ****** perfect. He’s exactly the 30mpg rim protector to pair with 18mpg DJ. Long as we implement the right defensive scheme I see perfection. We would have the constant rim protection needed. We can match/beat any team from three. While being better from midrange and 3 high level drivers. Like I don’t care about opposing players going off against us or perimeter scoring in general. We will put score your perimeter. Keeping efficient points out the paint is the key to our success. Have you Star score 40 but your team as a whole only 20-30 in the paint instead of 50ppg we are currently giving up.
Even his offense would be helpful. Inefficient for our liking but skilled. He has more game than the normal dunk and defend center(Clint/DJ/even Allen etc.). This is a player who is a fantastic screen setter and can capitalize on the PnR attention the nWo get. Lobs but also one/two dribble moves as the roll man even a post if sealed on a small player. Here his numbers might stay the same but the % will skyrocket.
It would cost Spencer and the DPE but I would trade for him. Like Draymond on this team his value might be invaluable. I would rather get him in the buyout and move Spencer for a top tier 3&D forward defender but the need for his skillset and the possibility Spencer(our last core contract) walks for nothing is too great.
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect

Post#32 » by Whiskey Slick » Sat Feb 6, 2021 1:58 am

I don't know if the Nets can trade Dinwiddie and two bigs of their choice (Claxton, DAJ or Perry), for Andre Drummond, but if we can I would make that trade in a heartbeat. Drummond in the last missing piece, meantime we only need one big to back him up, so they can have Dinwiddie and whichever two bigs they choose.
Suwanee
Junior
And1: 174

Post#33 » by Suwanee » Sat Feb 6, 2021 6:03 pm

Even if Nets get Drummond, which still seems like a long shot, who’s to say Nash will play him? He seems addicted to small ball.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,589

Post#34 » by DarkXaero » Sat Feb 6, 2021 8:03 pm

Suwanee wrote:Even if Nets get Drummond, which still seems like a long shot, who’s to say Nash will play him? He seems addicted to small ball.
Nash was playing a scrub like Reggie Perry as backup C not long ago, out of necessity. When Allen was here, we almost always had one of DJ or Allen on floor at all times (except maybe a few mins stretch with Green as small ball C). I think Nash isn't opposed to centers, he just doesn't like our options atm.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,605

Post#35 » by TheNetsFan » Sat Feb 6, 2021 11:51 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
Suwanee wrote:Even if Nets get Drummond, which still seems like a long shot, who’s to say Nash will play him? He seems addicted to small ball.
Nash was playing a scrub like Reggie Perry as backup C not long ago, out of necessity. When Allen was here, we almost always had one of DJ or Allen on floor at all times (except maybe a few mins stretch with Green as small ball C). I think Nash isn't opposed to centers, he just doesn't like our options atm.

This. The only non G-League C on the team is Jordan. He's not capable of playing 30 min every game anymore, especially if we need him to be available every game.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,677

Post#36 » by Prokorov » Sun Feb 7, 2021 4:49 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:

This. The only non G-League C on the team is Jordan. He's not capable of playing 30 min every game anymore, especially if we need him to be available every game.

Jordan is capable of playing 20 minutes. and Nash didnt even give him that vs toronto and washington, despite small ball sucking and jordan having good games

marks need to force nashs hand. and trade green and stack the deck with bigs

or just fire nash.
GYK
General Manager

Post#37 » by GYK » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:22 am

Apparently Drummond is on the bench wearing a hoodie that reads “farewell”.
Trade to another team or, hopefully, buyout imminent.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#38 » by GTR11 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:27 am

GYK wrote:Apparently Drummond is on the bench wearing a hoodie that reads “farewell”.

All it says is that if there is a buy out he's a BK bound. If not than Saltics have TPE to cover with nothing much to give up, also will leave us with no hope for McGee.
GYK
General Manager

Post#39 » by GYK » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:36 am

GTR11 wrote:
GYK wrote:Apparently Drummond is on the bench wearing a hoodie that reads “farewell”.

All it says is that if there is a buy out he's a BK bound. If not than Saltics have TPE to cover with nothing much to give up, also will leave us with no hope for McGee.

Yea if goes for the buyout he’s coming here no doubt. For all the hate the nWo get from media and media influenced fans they are pretty beloved by players. Drummond seems close to Kyrie for sure. Not to mention the guaranteed dynasty and narrative change about his career.

Yea but idk if the Celtics would make the move considering the said narrative of Drummond. Our need for him really boosted his trade interest. Which is fine but I see them using it trying to pry Vuc from the Mavs. I just don’t see Danny, after Kemba, resigning Drummond with his narrative still currently negative or the risk of him walking essentially wasting his TPE. Raps more of threat IMO but again his price for them might be too high.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#40 » by GTR11 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:51 am

GYK wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

Yea if goes for the buyout he’s coming here no doubt. For all the hate the nWo get from media and media influenced fans they are pretty beloved by players. Drummond seems close to Kyrie for sure. Not to mention the guaranteed dynasty and narrative change about his career.

Yea but idk if the Celtics would make the move considering the said narrative of Drummond. Our need for him really boosted his trade interest. Which is fine but I see them using it trying to pry Vuc from the Mavs. I just don’t see Danny, after Kemba, resigning Drummond with his narrative still currently negative or the risk of him walking essentially wasting his TPE. Raps more of threat IMO but again his price for them might be too high.

Saltics fans and media been unrested since pregame vs us. Some were trying to calm things down with Kemba stuff, didn't work out well. Now they have civil war going. Half calls for Brad's head another for Danny, not that either of those sides are wrong if we follow common sense. Fact of the matter they missed out and lost on a lot of players. Brad and Danny been there for quote time but nothing really legit to show for it. They going backwards now.
EC continues to upgrade in a top part and they losing talent. Danny missed out on Jimmy, PG, AD, Kyrie, KL etc thats to big of a list to not to point a finger imo. Marks pulled rabbit out the hat being butt naked.

Return to Brooklyn Nets