Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread 

Post#221 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:14 pm

5InOfLouisville wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
5InOfLouisville wrote:
Im a celtics fan, and i agree that some of us blame kyrie too much for our lack of success last year. i wish him no ill will, personally, although i still want us to be better than you guys (obviously).

However, right now at least, everyone is very happy that kyrie is gone and kemba is in. we've won 8 in a row and are in that honeymoon phase.

i agree that kyrie is better than kemba in a vacuum. but for whatever reason, we have been much better with kemba than kyrie.

However, i had to jump in on your nba-player as a girlfriend analogy. right now, we don't miss kyrie. a lot of people don't like him because of the messy break-up, and i agree that it is time for them to move on.

but you got the girl that broke up with us, and you should be happy. The fact that you need to know keep telling yourself that we are jealous shows your insecurity. Enjoy your relationship. Get to know Kyrie. See how it works out. don't worry about his ex.

For the record, i think the nets made a wise move, mostly because of the package deal with KD. i make the same move 10 times out of 10, and think that once KD gets back, you guys could be really good. But i don't love the ceiling of any team with kyrie as its best player.

Piss off dude. Kyrie has been nothing short of great for us thus far despite the slow start. Instead of letting him live rent free in your head focus on your team.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I thought i gave a fair and un-biased opinion. i think he's played well, too. i thought he mostly played well for us too. i didnt even mention that you were 4-6.

i was just genuinely curious to how he was being perceived by nets fans, and i was disputing the fact that celtics fans miss him

what did you find offensive?

or do you just need hugs?

he has been great for us. much better than expected on and off the floor
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#222 » by Claud » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:28 pm

Prokorov wrote:
5InOfLouisville wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Piss off dude. Kyrie has been nothing short of great for us thus far despite the slow start. Instead of letting him live rent free in your head focus on your team.

I thought i gave a fair and un-biased opinion. i think he's played well, too. i thought he mostly played well for us too. i didnt even mention that you were 4-6.

i was just genuinely curious to how he was being perceived by nets fans, and i was disputing the fact that celtics fans miss him

I'm glad Kyrie is a Nets player, but he's been the culprit of some of our Ls so far early in this season.

Dude needs to stop chucking us out of games.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,066

Post#223 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:04 pm

Claud wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
5InOfLouisville wrote:

I'm glad Kyrie is a Nets player, but he's been the culprit of some of our Ls so far early in this season.

If the Nets hit their FTAs and take care of the ball we most likely are 8-4 instead of 5-7. Kyrie is not the problem

Stop scapegoating players. It's lazy analysis.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,190

Post#224 » by therealbig3 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:26 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Claud wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

If the Nets hit their FTAs and take care of the ball we most likely are 8-4 instead of 5-7. Kyrie is not the problem

Kyrie isn't a "problem", but I think against Denver and Utah, the criticism is valid. Kyrie is one of our max superstars, and it's his team until Durant comes back. He can't play the way he did against those teams down the stretch and NOT get criticism. If Dinwiddie and Prince and whoever else plays like garbage...it doesn't really matter if Kyrie is playing worse than they are.

I get that the shoulder injury is probably playing a role in him missing shots, but he basically doubled down and took MORE shots down the stretch of those games instead of being the floor general he was in the first half that got us in the lead in the first place.

IDK, I personally think that after a nice start, Irving has been terrible his last 3 games. And I'm starting to see some of the ugly tendencies we were warned about by Celtics fans. Doesn't really matter at the end of the day, I'm still convinced that Irving is definitely a plus, and not a negative like everyone else around the league seems to think, but he needs to play a lot better, and he needs to calm down on his chucker tendencies, and I didn't like the way he was shoving Musa around on the court against Utah (or was it Denver? I can't remember).
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#225 » by Prokorov » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:37 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Claud wrote:

Kyrie isn't a "problem", but I think against Denver and Utah, the criticism is valid. Kyrie is one of our max superstars, and it's his team until Durant comes back. He can't play the way he did against those teams down the stretch and NOT get criticism. If Dinwiddie and Prince and whoever else plays like garbage...it doesn't really matter if Kyrie is playing worse than they are.

I get that the shoulder injury is probably playing a role in him missing shots, but he basically doubled down and took MORE shots down the stretch of those games instead of being the floor general he was in the first half that got us in the lead in the first place.

IDK, I personally think that after a nice start, Irving has been terrible his last 3 games. And I'm starting to see some of the ugly tendencies we were warned about by Celtics fans. Doesn't really matter at the end of the day, I'm still convinced that Irving is definitely a plus, and not a negative like everyone else around the league seems to think, but he needs to play a lot better, and he needs to calm down on his chucker tendencies, and I didn't like the way he was shoving Musa around on the court against Utah (or was it Denver? I can't remember).

Kyrie was great down the stretch of both of those games, the good open shots just didnt fall. maybe the shoulder, maybe small sample

the doom and gloom is so basic for this forum that always acts like 13 year olds. same as last yeae when levert got hurt

this team is playing at a high level, it will even out in the W/L column with a larger sample. Kyrie has played like an MVP
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#226 » by therealbig3 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:11 am

Prokorov wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Kyrie was great down the stretch of both of those games, the good open shots just didnt fall. maybe the shoulder, maybe small sample

the doom and gloom is so basic for this forum that always acts like 13 year olds. same as last yeae when levert got hurt

this team is playing at a high level, it will even out in the W/L column with a larger sample. Kyrie has played like an MVP

I think you should stop accusing other people of being 13 year olds when they have a different opinion than you.

His decision-making was bad down the stretch of both games, it wasn't just missed shots. I have a little more depth than that when I evaluate players. :roll:
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#227 » by Prokorov » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:08 pm

therealbig3 wrote:. I have a little more depth than that when I evaluate players. :roll:

i disagree
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#228 » by therealbig3 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:03 pm

Prokorov wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:. I have a little more depth than that when I evaluate players. :roll:

i disagree

Coming from the guy who’s as arbitrary as they come just so he can satisfy the narratives about players he’s already created in his head.

At least I’m consistent.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#229 » by jbeachboy » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:04 pm

i thought kyrie didnt pass enough in utah and denver game this past road trip.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#230 » by Prokorov » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:32 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

i disagree

Coming from the guy who’s as arbitrary as they come just so he can satisfy the narratives about players he’s already created in his head.

At least I’m consistent.

nothing arbitrary, i always bring the facts... like when i told you Harris was at ;east 90% the player crabbe was for 1/18th the cost and it was a bad signing and i showed you statistically how easy it was to forecast that.

or when i did the same when levert got hurt last year, showing how his production could be pieced together and it wasnt doom and gloom and that dinwiddie alone with more volume could probably compensate.

arbitrary is more your cup of tea
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#231 » by therealbig3 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:00 pm

Prokorov wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:i disagree

At least I’m consistent.

nothing arbitrary, i always bring the facts... like when i told you Harris was at ;east 90% the player crabbe was for 1/18th the cost and it was a bad signing and i showed you statistically how easy it was to forecast that.

or when i did the same when levert got hurt last year, showing how his production could be pieced together and it wasnt doom and gloom and that dinwiddie alone with more volume could probably compensate.

LMAO, you're resorting to the equivalent of "I know what you are, but what am I".

Nobody really takes what you say seriously. So if you happened to be right about a couple of things (among the countless other things you got wrong)...yeah, nobody noticed.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#232 » by Prokorov » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:01 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:

At least I’m consistent.

LMAO, you're resorting to the equivalent of "I know what you are, but what am I".

Nobody really takes what you say seriously. So if you happened to be right about a couple of things (among the countless other things you got wrong)...yeah, nobody noticed.

im right a bunch, wrong at times... everyone is. at least my opinons are based on some kind of substance. the same can not be said for you
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#233 » by therealbig3 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:04 pm

Prokorov wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

im right a bunch, wrong at times... everyone is. at least my opinons are based on some kind of substance. the same can not be said for you

One of us has the reputation of being unreasonable and a hypocrite...it's not me. Just saying.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#234 » by Prokorov » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:06 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:

One of us has the reputation of being unreasonable and a hypocrite...it's not me. Just saying.

no your reputation is to never back anything you say up with any substance. go into hybernation when your wrong or take a cheap shot when someone proves who wrong you are
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#235 » by therealbig3 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:11 pm

Prokorov wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

no your reputation is to never back anything you say up with any substance. go into hybernation when your wrong or take a cheap shot when someone proves who wrong you are

Hmm, really? Is that why everyone else on this forum is chill with me, and you're the previously banned poster?

And where did you prove anything? lol, you don't prove anything, that's the point. You put up a wall of conjecture, throw some stats out that support your opinion, ignore other stats that don't, and then switch it up the next time to support/criticize a different player/team, because you already created a narrative in your head.

Like I said, arbitrary.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#236 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:50 pm

I hope Irving's injury isn't serious. Two games in a row missed due to this shoulder impingement.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#237 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:56 pm

Kyrie out again, but here's some other Kyrie news:

What a selfish human being he is.

akhan786
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#238 » by akhan786 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:59 pm

What the nets aren’t saying is that Kyrie is just doing load management

But are more smart about what they tell the media. Kawhi is at an advantage at the end of the year when he has more energy than other stars
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,969

Post#239 » by Rich Rane » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:46 pm

akhan786 wrote:What the nets aren’t saying is that Kyrie is just doing load management

But are more smart about what they tell the media. Kawhi is at an advantage at the end of the year when he has more energy than other stars

You don't miss 2 consecutive games (now confirmed for an upcoming 3rd) for load management. His shoulder is genuinely injured.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#240 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:20 pm

akhan786 wrote:What the nets aren’t saying is that Kyrie is just doing load management

I don't know if this was load management. Irving's efficiency started to dip and the shoulder issue seems to be a culprit. The Nets training team is notorious for not playing guys until they are 100% or better so he will sit til the issue heals up.

Return to Brooklyn Nets