Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,066

Re: GT: Nets @ Clippers - Sunday, 02/21/21 | 8:00pm EST | ESPN & YES 

Post#221 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:56 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:Get your King, Knight, & Jester votes in!

King: Kyrie

Knight: Harden

No Jester. This was a hard game to win on the final game of a west coast stretch.

WE ARE ELITE

Shamet? I thought he was pretty terrible.

He made 1 three out of 7 and had poor shot selection in general. He made several mistakes, including a big turnover late.

I just don't care for it, he sucked but I'm not going to kill him for it when we are down several bodies. I'm not a fan of the Jester portion of this thing because I think it's mean spirited and scapegoats guys. I don't expect roleplayers to have it every night like Kyrie, Harden and KD. Shamet was bad tonight yeah but we still won. He will bounce back. I'm more concerned about Green, TLC, and Johnson's health.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#222 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:02 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

No Jester. This was a hard game to win on the final game of a west coast stretch.

WE ARE ELITE

He made 1 three out of 7 and had poor shot selection in general. He made several mistakes, including a big turnover late.

I just don't care for it, he sucked but I'm not going to kill him for it when we are down several bodies. I'm not a fan of the Jester portion of this thing because I think it's mean spirited and scapegoats guys. I don't expect roleplayers to have it every night like Kyrie, Harden and KD. Shamet was bad tonight yeah but we still won. He will bounce back. I'm more concerned about Green, TLC, and Johnson's health.

I can respect that take. I'm not really a fan of it either per se, but I do feel there are times where it's warranted. I don't expect anyone to play perfect and I am more than willing to pass on the jester spots on a lot of good nights, but I do think exceptional performances of irresponsibility/ineptitude warrant the recognition.

I've been one of Shamet's biggest defenders all season and even I thought he should've been benched for the shots he was throwing up. There was no need for him to be launching pull-up fastbreak 3s when you have Kyrie, Harden, and Joe trailing close by. There's no need for that nonsense, especially when the game is not close to being decided.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#223 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:12 am

NyCeEvO wrote:Does anybody know a way for me to watch the rest of the games from the West Coast trip? I didn't have time and was often too tied up to watch them, but I would like to go back and watch them especially considering that we won all of them.

Maybe try YouTube? Someone may uploaded it?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,496

Post#224 » by Stone » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:17 am

With Philly losing to the Raps and us winning we are now a half game out of first place.....

I got to give one last shout out to DeAndre who did a lot of the heavy lifting tonight on both ends of the floor. Also Bruce Brown gave us a strong effort.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 660

Post#225 » by NetsJets » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:29 am

Having Jordan out there at the end with his size paid dividends especially with him hitting the game winner. Irving and Harden are stellar, our defense is picking up game by game. Bruce Brown is so solid every contender needs a guy like him. I hope Green is okay.
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#226 » by GYK » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:38 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21

while none of them have Spencer’s contract(Aaron Gordon is my only choice..well Kleber but I might overrate him, but shooters who hustle are so rare). Or the MLE every contender has used.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,573

Post#227 » by HardenGoat » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:47 am

The fact we controlled the entire game without Durant is telling. Harden is a force to be reckoned with but he needs someone else to close games. Durant is that player he never had. The awesome thing is with Durant in there Kyrie can also close games as well. That said, I hope they fine that POS Beverly. He’s a dirty bastard. Praying green is going to be ok.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#228 » by Prokorov » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:52 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

WE ARE ELITE

Shamet had 1 bad turnover. a travel in a spot when they were cutting into our lead.

outside of that, how do you really kill the guy? he took open shots. he took shots we want him to take. he took shots he usually knocks down. he missed them tonight. it happens. if he had a 5-6 game stretch of that and you want to criticize him sure, but he's been shooting it well.

Defensively he played well. no way he is a jester.
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Post#229 » by Openheimer » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:52 am

Harden controlled the tempo all night but for some reason Nash gave the ball to Kyrie in the clutch and he kept missing shots and the Clippers came back.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#230 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:53 am

Shoulder contusion for Jeff Green, to be evaluated Monday
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#231 » by Prokorov » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:05 am

Another great win and we put an exclamation point on that road trip. Like Kyrie said, when they click, the league will be put on notice. consider tonight's game official notice.

I know this turned out to be a 1 possession game but i thought we really outplayed them. We got a bit to lax trying to milk clock with a big lead and then took too many wild haymakers once they got back in it. missed a bunch of FTs followed by them hitting threes. it seemed every offensive rebound they got led to a three. Harden was great but he is usually even better. Kyrie was decent, he is usually better. Shamet missed a ton of open threes. harris missed some open threes. this should have been a 20-point laugher. and all of that is without Durant.

-Harden was elite. he controlled the game. he was relentless. any time they missed, harden pushed and scored or got us an easy shot. hit some big step back threes. he had so many scores to stop a clippers run in its tracks

-Kyrie was just human tonight, but i thought his stretch to end the third with 6 points to put us up 11 headed to the 4th was huge for us. He missed the clutch daggers and haymakers he usually hits the last 2 minutes but he did hit a big bucket with 3:30 to go then found harris for the layup on the next possession

-DJ played great. we gave up some offensive rebounds but he was in their fighting and got a bunch in traffic. his tip in was obviously enormous. so was splitting his 2 free throws after harden missed both.

-Brown did everything tonight. a perfect game for what his role is.

-Harris/Shamet combined 4-15 from three (shamet 1-7). Harris was solid but on a good night he is closer to 6-8 then 3-8 given the open looks. I know landry is a whipping boy but he doesnt go 1-7 often and he has been hot lately.

Honeslty i think if shamet hits that three off the brown steal when we were up 15 we win this win by 20+. that would have broken them completely.

-Nash coached a really good game. im glad to see we are playing a ton more zone. it just makes sense. yeah we give up threes and layups but not nearly as many as we already were giving up. and he is starting to roll with DJ after they got into a heated one. still would like to see him figure out timeouts and challenges and not be so super stubborn small ball but at least he isnt actively costing us games anymore.

-Kyrie with the dunk. sometimes you forget how athletic he is since he toned that down with how much time he misses to injury but he still has sick hops. in boston a couple years ago he would throw down windmills in layup lines like it was nothing. i thought that put a hop in our step.

-Paul george is empty stats trash. people talk about kyrie as a cancer but that dude does so little for his team. then he makes excuses then off the court is paying strippers he knocked up to have abortions. yet somehow he is fine and dandy but kyrie is a bad guy

The nets continue to curb stomp good teams and the west
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#232 » by Prokorov » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:08 am

total1096 wrote:Harden flop beneficial to Nets at the end.

You know what was beneficial to the Nets at the end? Hardens 37 points as he skeeted all over kawhi, george, and beverly all night.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#233 » by Prokorov » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:11 am

NyCeEvO wrote:Get your King, Knight, & Jester votes in!

King: DJ. Harden clearly the best player tonight but DJ bailed us out
Knight: Brown. did all the dirty work
Jester: Beverly. punk.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#234 » by Prokorov » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:14 am

NyCeEvO wrote:Does anybody know a way for me to watch the rest of the games from the West Coast trip? I didn't have time and was often too tied up to watch them, but I would like to go back and watch them especially considering that we won all of them.

i got you. check your PMs
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#235 » by mcscotty » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:20 am

Very impressive western road trip. Not just the wins, but how you won....solid defense. Cudos to the team and Nash for silencing the doubters.
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#236 » by Whiskey Slick » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:45 am

Great win, closing out (sweeping) a GREAT five game west coast trip. :nod:

However, it apparently came at a cost, the walking wounded, hopefully not too high of a cost. :(
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#237 » by Prokorov » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:46 am

Nets since the harden trade are now 13-6, best in the east.

pre-harden trade nets were 7-6.

i think we got it right, lol.
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect

Post#238 » by Whiskey Slick » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:07 am

Prokorov wrote:Nets since the harden trade are now 13-6, best in the east.

I love KD and I know he's the best player on the team (when healthy), maybe in the league, and Kyrie is an athletic freak show, but thus far James Harden is definitely the MVP of this team in my view.
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect

Post#239 » by Whiskey Slick » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:16 am

WOW, Philly lost ... now we're only 0.5 out of first place. :D

BTW the Raps are a lot better than their slow start indicated.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#240 » by Prokorov » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:17 am

Whiskey Slick wrote:
Prokorov wrote:Nets since the harden trade are now 13-6, best in the east.

I love KD and I know he's the best player on the team (when healthy), maybe in the league, and Kyrie is an athletic freak show, but thus far James Harden is definitely the MVP of this team in my view.

Its trending that way. right now its probably kyrie, but the last week its surely been harden

Return to Brooklyn Nets