ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: ROUND 2 Nets @ Bucks | 5.4.2021 @ 7:30 on TNT

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Kittles02
Freshman
And1: 55

Re: GT: ROUND 2 Nets @ Bucks | 5.4.2021 @ 7:30 on TNT 

Post#221 » by Kittles02 » Wed May 5, 2021 11:46 am

Still can't believe they let DDV & Forbes be main factors in this game.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#222 » by NyCeEvO » Wed May 5, 2021 11:46 am

DarkXaero wrote:
Tha King wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:Opposing teams have their choice of undressing our defense with a single, solid screen to either Harris or Irving. It's an issue that needs addressing yesterday.

Kyrie has looked like a neutral defender at worst to me this season. Harris, however.... :o

Interested to see how Nash utilizes Harris in the playoffs. He seems to be your biggest liability on defense and only adds to your rebounding issues.
Joe Harris is my biggest concern (out of all key players) heading into playoffs. What I saw from him these last two games is a really worrying sign of how he can look in the playoffs. Liability defensively, and getting suffocated offensively.

What Kyrie and KD don’t seem to realize is that while they’re good enough to consistently score out of isolation, doing that consistently freezes out teammates. Role players rely upon the system and set plays to score.

This is why Harden is so key. As soon as Harden came to the Nets, he asked Joe and others where they like to shoot and where there shooting pocket is. That is a question that only PGs ask, because they know that if you want your role players to contribute on offense, you have to give them a system where they know where and when to expect the ball.

Too often, when KD and Kyrie come down on offense, I see the other guys clear out and stand by the wayside, not really knowing where to go or what to do. With Harden at PG, guys know their spots and have an expectation as to where they should be.

Harden can’t come back soon enough. He’s the conductor. We need him.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,506

Post#223 » by MrDollarBills » Wed May 5, 2021 12:26 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Nash's mistakes were covered up by Harden. Ever since he has been out we have been terrible.

been saying this all year.

Last night was where Nash lost me. I usually cut the guy some slack but he literally watched the team get mauled without doing anything.

Why play Claxton so few minutes? We got crushed on the boards, why not get guys in there that are going to scrap?

Granted, I thought Durant made some really bad plays and shot poorly, but there were a lot of issues with this game and Nash didn't do the team any favors.

If Kyrie didn't play out of his mind last night we would have been beaten by 20.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#224 » by Sharcm1 » Wed May 5, 2021 12:42 pm

For some reason Nash limited the playing time of guys who got them where they are today. I get that some are coming back from being off. But nic and brown are young. They can bounce back quicker. Why play them so limited minutes. We played well in the past and out hustled the other team with brown, Johnson, and nic on the floor. Johnson didn’t even play. Was he hurt? But he stuck with Shamet who played like crap on both ends.

I thought this was one of those games that they had a lack of effort. Rebounding is effort, defense is effort and Nash left his best to defenders and effort guys on the bench most of the game.

They are not going to win a championship playing like they did in these last three games. Now is not the time to play poorly. Harris isn’t shooting well but he’s not getting open like he normally does. Shamet has reverted to his earlier season days. And kyrie needs to stop fasting. Omg thank god that’s over by play off time.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#225 » by MrDollarBills » Wed May 5, 2021 12:42 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Pablo Escobar wrote:Coaching and defense will be your achilles heel. Nash hasn't shown that dog in him to check his players when they're slacking. Also the inability to guard on the perimeter and in the paint is worrying. Now having the big 3 will most likely get you a title but still it's a lot less stressful when you can lock up the other team for stretches and score on the other end at will. And from the little I've seen DJ play he should be cut, what pathetic effort and dude barely moves around unless he's going up for a lob.

Defense isnt a bit issue. anyone who watches this team know the defensive issues are inflated. Coaching is a real issue though and could cost us.

DJ was fine. keep at 15 minutes and he is a valuable role player.

nash has to go

Man on man defense isn't the issue, defensive rebounding is. The Bucks crashed the offensive glass like crazy last night and the Nets stood there watching ball after ball bounce right back into the Bucks hands for another 14 second possession. You think that won't haunt us in two weeks time?

This team is not ready for the playoffs. We lack cohesion with Harden being out and the coaching staff is not addressing the one area where teams are going to continue to attack us.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,677

Post#226 » by Prokorov » Wed May 5, 2021 1:50 pm

andrewww wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
andrewww wrote:
The Bucks and Sixers have size and physical defenders to gang up on KD and Kyrie when Harden isnt in the lineup.

Tucker and Jrue as the main guys on KD/Kyrie, and take your chances with everyone else making plays. Harden would aleviate that aspect but obviously his absence plays a major role in that for now.

Phoenix doesnt have the team size to limit the Nets offensively.

The Bucks do have elite defenders to throw at us in a way that the Sixers do not.

Who guards KD on the Sixers? Tobias Harris?

Good luck.

With the Bucks we have to overwhelm them with offense and keep Giannis at bay. Claxton is a must and Harden puts us over the top.

Bucks are the tougher matchup for the Nets imo as well, but Harden is compulsory against the Bucks. The key is limiting Middleton and Jrue. Make Middleton drive and create off the dribble. The reality is that the Nets will need to outscore the Bucks and they are the one team in the east with the firepower to make it interesting.

i dont see a bucks series with harden being competitive. it would be a sweep with a few blowout wins
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#227 » by MrDollarBills » Wed May 5, 2021 1:55 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:I’m so tired of coach after coach coming and talking about how defense is the #1 priority and yet the team fails to do the simplest things on defense to stop opponents.

With Kenny, it never guarding the ball handler on PnRs no matter what and always leaving the midrange wide open.

With this team, I don’t know if they’re attention spans are so short or they simply don’t care because they believe their offense is enough, but DEAR GOD…I’m so tired of us working hard to score and seeing the opposition set a simple back screen and get wide open layups.

It simply comes down to effort and awareness. So IMO either they don’t care enough to be bothered defending or they’re not smart enough. Either way, it’s been a problem all season and I’m tired of it. This team has turnstile defense. Is it really that hard to give the slightest bit of resistance on defense?

Middleton had how many easy lay ups in the 4th?

I'm sorry, but folks need to hear this: This is not a championship level team. Not after what we saw these past two games. If this is how the Nets are going to play and coached in the playoffs versus this level of opponent we are going to be embarrassed.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#228 » by MrDollarBills » Wed May 5, 2021 1:59 pm

Prokorov wrote:
andrewww wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
The Bucks do have elite defenders to throw at us in a way that the Sixers do not.

Who guards KD on the Sixers? Tobias Harris?

Good luck.

With the Bucks we have to overwhelm them with offense and keep Giannis at bay. Claxton is a must and Harden puts us over the top.

Bucks are the tougher matchup for the Nets imo as well, but Harden is compulsory against the Bucks. The key is limiting Middleton and Jrue. Make Middleton drive and create off the dribble. The reality is that the Nets will need to outscore the Bucks and they are the one team in the east with the firepower to make it interesting.

i dont see a bucks series with harden being competitive. it would be a sweep with a few blowout wins

I can't say something like this after what we saw.

Harden covers up a lot of stink, especially coming from the coach, but he can't box out everyone's man on the defensive glass for them and alter shots at the rim. Nash needs to play guys that are going to hustle and defend. Joe Harris has been a non factor in two straight games against a high level opponent. KD has been a turnover machine.

Coach Bud made Nash look like he has no business coaching at the NBA level. I'm sick to my stomach after these last two games. I have zero confidence in this team right now to even get out of the 1st round unscathed if things don't tighten up.

andrewww
General Manager
And1: 2,687

Post#229 » by andrewww » Wed May 5, 2021 2:33 pm

Looks like Bud will be coaching for his job if he doesnt make the ECF lol.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 663

Post#230 » by NetsJets » Wed May 5, 2021 2:43 pm

We got bullied on the glass by the Bucks. I watched guys stand around instead of going after the ball. I saw a coach that looked clueless. It’s too late in the season for these issues to be still lingering.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#231 » by GTR11 » Wed May 5, 2021 2:47 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
andrewww wrote:

Harden covers up a lot of stink, especially coming from the coach, but he can't box out everyone's man on the defensive glass for them and alter shots at the rim. Nash needs to play guys that are going to hustle and defend. Joe Harris has been a non factor in two straight games against a high level opponent. KD has been a turnover machine.

Coach Bud made Nash look like he has no business coaching at the NBA level. I'm sick to my stomach after these last two games. I have zero confidence in this team right now to even get out of the 1st round unscathed if things don't tighten up.

I can they both right. When I was chirping at Kyrie stepping up you guys crucified me without taking any second thought. KD is not play maker or floor raiser for his teammates either.

Harden is the key if we win chip or not. If you guys didn't get the memo yet we heavy iso team that can't get any easy baskets without elite playmaker.

Y'all picking everywhere and ready to blame anyone. They all good/great role players, coaching is top 5 for sure. Go check other teams before jumping on Nash, we can do a lot worst.

We just missing Harden, that simple. Harden and KD will win chip for sure, Irving just makes it unfair others.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#232 » by GTR11 » Wed May 5, 2021 3:09 pm

Joe is a rhythm player. You put him around iso scorers and his game takes a huge hit. We simply don't have e player who can give e him those rhythm shots. Both Dinwiddie and Harden can't come soon enough.

Shamet is a tricky player for me to understand. If he's on he's on, if he's off... you can give him shots in rhythm or they can be wide open he won't make a damn thing. Is it confidence or something else I have no clue, your guess is good as anyone else's.

Our main concern is bigs. DJ is unplayable almost anyone. Only players he can play against are Drummond Capella type. Nic can't stay on the court for many reasons, you pick whatever fits your narrative better. Blake is small vs legit 7ft. He can expose them too, but how it fits us for that particular match up is debatable. Marks better find a guy who's legit shot blocker during offseason.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#233 » by GTR11 » Wed May 5, 2021 3:12 pm

NetsJets wrote:We got bullied on the glass by the Bucks. I watched guys stand around instead of going after the ball. I saw a coach that looked clueless. It’s too late in the season for these issues to be still lingering.

Killing Nash for rotations is laughable. We top 3 team that put up most different starting line ups. Chemistry and all that other crap that he getting blamed for is a damn joke.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#234 » by GTR11 » Wed May 5, 2021 3:19 pm

Props to Bud and their rotation players. They executed game plan to perfection and their effort level been great. Jrue and PJ brought them something that they lacked in years past, spacing, playmaking and great D.

After watching Bucks play vs few true contenders its hard to measure them. Biid, Ben, Harden, Giannis etc players been absent thus things makes them a wild card team along Jazz and maybe PHX. Would loved to call Denver as most scary team as wild card but having Joker as the only playmaker makes them very vulnerable, Lakers exposed that.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#235 » by GTR11 » Wed May 5, 2021 3:31 pm

As it been said before, we healthy we smoke any team on talent alone. We miss Harden or KD and things can get ugly.

Picking on Nash for not playing hot guy at the moment is a joke. Those players won't get any burn come PO. Data that been provided during Bucks games gives our coaching stuff something to think on. If they fail to adjust fell free to trash them all you want. We already home watching others play.

One's Marks made a trade for Harden Y'all knew which route we took. Besides Joe rest of these guys bunch of scrubs if we being honest. Caris and Allen could've took us over the top here vs Bucks. Those two exactly what we missed vs them. Another scorer/playmaker and elite shot blocker who can rebound.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#236 » by MGrand15 » Wed May 5, 2021 3:45 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Pablo Escobar wrote:Coaching and defense will be your achilles heel. Nash hasn't shown that dog in him to check his players when they're slacking. Also the inability to guard on the perimeter and in the paint is worrying. Now having the big 3 will most likely get you a title but still it's a lot less stressful when you can lock up the other team for stretches and score on the other end at will. And from the little I've seen DJ play he should be cut, what pathetic effort and dude barely moves around unless he's going up for a lob.

Defense isnt a bit issue. anyone who watches this team know the defensive issues are inflated. Coaching is a real issue though and could cost us.

nash has to go

DJ was fine :lol: :lol: :lol:

He arguably lost us the game. Embarrassing performance from him. Bobbled easy passes inside. Turned the ball over. Didn't finish anything. Missed a ton of FTs that killed our momentum. Basically unplayable.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#237 » by MGrand15 » Wed May 5, 2021 3:52 pm

For the record, Claxton might be coming back from COVID which is why the team is being careful with him. Alize was out for the same health and safety protocol thing and the team had no problem playing him 30+ minutes on Game 1 when he came back.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,071

Post#238 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed May 5, 2021 6:05 pm

GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I can they both right. When I was chirping at Kyrie stepping up you guys crucified me without taking any second thought. KD is not play maker or floor raiser for his teammates either.

Harden is the key if we win chip or not. If you guys didn't get the memo yet we heavy iso team that can't get any easy baskets without elite playmaker.

Y'all picking everywhere and ready to blame anyone. They all good/great role players, coaching is top 5 for sure. Go check other teams before jumping on Nash, we can do a lot worst.

We just missing Harden, that simple. Harden and KD will win chip for sure, Irving just makes it unfair others.

Kyrie being blamed is hilarious.

Its not his fault at all. You guys acting like offense was the main issue didn't watch the game.

Only offensive problems we had in the 4th were KD chucking up shots he couldn't hit.

Besides that it was defense and mainly rebounding.

Thats not Kyries **** job. He kept us in the game. We shot great from the field and from 3.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#239 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed May 5, 2021 6:06 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

nash has to go

Man on man defense isn't the issue, defensive rebounding is. The Bucks crashed the offensive glass like crazy last night and the Nets stood there watching ball after ball bounce right back into the Bucks hands for another 14 second possession. You think that won't haunt us in two weeks time?

This team is not ready for the playoffs. We lack cohesion with Harden being out and the coaching staff is not addressing the one area where teams are going to continue to attack us.

Rebounding really comes down to effort and hustle. No way should they get that many more offensive rebounds.

You saw when Bruce Brown came in the rebounding became better. Because hes one of the few guys that actually gives a ****.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#240 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed May 5, 2021 6:10 pm

Harden won't solve our core issues which is defense and rebounding.

All he will do is cover up those issues by making our offense even better. But Nash needs to figure out how to get more effort out of our guys.

KD and Kyrie walk around like theyve won something here already. They havent done **** in Brooklyn yet.

Guys need to be hungry. We should not be outhustled like that again.

In a game like this we should be playing high energy guys more like Bruce Brown, Alize Johnson, Tyler Johnson etc.

I don't need lazy **** like Jordan, Shamet and even Joe Harris at times. Jeff Green missing 4 easy FTs.

Even though TLC sucks he usually plays hard. That is the main thing we have been missing all season.

Return to Brooklyn Nets