Official Current Affairs & Politics thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Roy Tarpley
Veteran
And1: 987

Re: Official Current Affairs & Politics thread 

Post#401 » by Roy Tarpley » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:48 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:RIP H.H. your sacrifice won't be in vain, at the very least it would be one less Nazi on the street.

I wonder what Stephen Miller thinks about the Nazis, their anti-Semitic chants in Charlottesville and the endorsement (sort of at least) by the administration.

Stephen Miller is a self hating white supremacist.

I really can't wait for basketball to begin to add another form of escapism to the day. Seeing Trump morally equate alt right nazi trash to people against racism/bigotry was appalling, even for me, and to see people agree with that was even more alarming. It's literally now if you're a minority you have to be on your guard because you don't know which white person you run into agrees with this kind of stuff. Never felt like that before, regardless of any instances of racism I've encountered, I knew enough people to say "hey, not everyone is like that". When you see the stuff emanating from the highest forms of government it makes you paranoid.

How do you condone or find moral equivalence in an ideology that is about genocide? Richard Spencer openly talks about ethnic cleansing. These Alt Right dudes are insane.

Appalling to see Steve Mnuchin, Gary Cohn, and Elaine Chao standing behind Trump during that press conference as he drew moral equivalence between the alt-right, Nazi trash and the counter-demonstrators. And Gen. Kelly too. Every political appointee needs to resign or they own this garbage.
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#402 » by shakendfries » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:18 pm

:nonono:
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,540

Post#403 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:37 pm

I've been wanting to ask, I didn't want to outright accuse you of some b.s. because like literally **** stain alt righter (well, i guess its Nazi now) has that crap. Cool man.

And yeah I don't blame you. The crazy part is, some of those alt right social media influencers are getting exposed. Like this one dude Baked Alaska who got hit crap maced out of him in the riot (too bad something worse didn't happen) was a BLM supporter in 2014, now all of a sudden he's a big time white nationalist. Something is rotten and people are getting played, but regardless...these people are sick.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#404 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:40 pm

Roy Tarpley wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:RIP H.H. your sacrifice won't be in vain, at the very least it would be one less Nazi on the street.

I wonder what Stephen Miller thinks about the Nazis, their anti-Semitic chants in Charlottesville and the endorsement (sort of at least) by the administration.

I really can't wait for basketball to begin to add another form of escapism to the day. Seeing Trump morally equate alt right nazi trash to people against racism/bigotry was appalling, even for me, and to see people agree with that was even more alarming. It's literally now if you're a minority you have to be on your guard because you don't know which white person you run into agrees with this kind of stuff. Never felt like that before, regardless of any instances of racism I've encountered, I knew enough people to say "hey, not everyone is like that". When you see the stuff emanating from the highest forms of government it makes you paranoid.

How do you condone or find moral equivalence in an ideology that is about genocide? Richard Spencer openly talks about ethnic cleansing. These Alt Right dudes are insane.

Appalling to see Steve Mnuchin, Gary Cohn, and Elaine Chao standing behind Trump during that press conference as he drew moral equivalence between the alt-right, Nazi trash and the counter-demonstrators. And Gen. Kelly too. Every political appointee needs to resign or they own this garbage.

I can understand if Kelly does not resign (some believe he's trying to keep Trump from doing something crazy), but Mnuchin Cohn and Chao are all pieces of garbage with no self esteem if they do not resign. This clown literally endorsed white supremacy and Neo Nazism. Americans shoot and hang Nazis, not endorse them.

I'm not sure how Jewish, Black, and Asian americans can work side by side with known white supremacists like Steve Bannon, Seb Gorka, and Stephen Miller. Gorka is a legit NAZI. I would want to cause bodily harm to that dude, not work with him.

Trump's grandchildren are Jews, and he's sitting there saying this crap.

shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#405 » by shakendfries » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:35 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I've been wanting to ask, I didn't want to outright accuse you of some b.s. because like literally **** stain alt righter (well, i guess its Nazi now) has that crap. Cool man.

And yeah I don't blame you. The crazy part is, some of those alt right social media influencers are getting exposed. Like this one dude Baked Alaska who got hit crap maced out of him in the riot (too bad something worse didn't happen) was a BLM supporter in 2014, now all of a sudden he's a big time white nationalist. Something is rotten and people are getting played, but regardless...these people are sick.

I'm just a generally skeptical brotha, especially when it comes to people claiming to be on my side

And that scumbag who claimed to support BLM but got exposed proves my point. People use affiliations as a convenient disguise to hide their true intentions

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#406 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:00 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

Can't fathom how a Jew can condone Nazism, anti-Semitism and the Holocaust. If they continue to gain momentum, real bad things could happen again.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#407 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:43 am

Self hatred isn't something new. Look at Ben Carson. He should have resigned immediately after Trump made those remarks.

I somehow still have faith that the country will reject this as a whole and the rule of law will prevail, but each day I wonder when you see people saying "both sides", as if Nazis actually have any grounds to stand on. Genocide and Ethnic Superiority/Cleansing is not a starting point in a political discussion in civilized society. They need to be shamed and shunned.

shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#408 » by shakendfries » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:56 am

If statues are perceived as a symbol of bondage, taking them down merely creates the illusion of progress. The criminal justice system is the real relic and modern manifestation of bondage that deserves the nation's attention

Read on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ImageImage

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#409 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:14 pm

I agree that criminal justice needs reform and that pot should be legalized and people who are in jail for non violent crimes involving pot need to be released. its ridiculous.

Re: statues, I don't feel as strongly as others because racists aren't going to change just because a statue of some confederate general gets ripped down. But, I say take them down anyway, just to piss off the same racist dirtbags who like to pretend that these aren't symbols of white supremacy (like the confederate flag). That's what its all its about really, it has nothing to do with heritage. It's all about the symbolism, and what taking those statues down mean (a rebuke of white supremacy).

That's why they wave their flags of treason right next to Nazi flags. Or how you can go upstate New York and see someone who has a Confederate flag randomly flying outside of their house. It's symbolic of what they believe in.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#410 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:16 pm

It's always unsettling seeing fighter jets roar over your house in the middle of the day because some piece of **** racist ass hole wants to play golf at 11AM.

ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#411 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:03 am

Roy Tarpley wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Cohn considering resignation.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-breakingviews-idUSKCN1AX23Q
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#412 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:08 pm

You have to be a real dirtbag to stand by a Nazi sympathizer. Doesn't matter what your ethnicity is.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,677

Post#413 » by Prokorov » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:16 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Self hatred isn't something new. Look at Ben Carson. He should have resigned immediately after Trump made those remarks.

I somehow still have faith that the country will reject this as a whole and the rule of law will prevail, but each day I wonder when you see people saying "both sides", as if Nazis actually have any grounds to stand on. Genocide and Ethnic Superiority/Cleansing is not a starting point in a political discussion in civilized society. They need to be shamed and shunned.

The one silver lining of the trump presidency is that now all these white supremacists and crooked cops are out the in open and we dont need to pretend or skirt around the issue anymore...

You have that white supremist protest with dudes legit carrying machine guns "excersizing" their 2nd ammednment right looking like some kind of militia.

Can you imagine what would happen if ONE person at a BLM rally had a gun... let alone everyome carrying? they would call in the U.S. army or an air strike.

Unarmed black dude can walk slowly from his car, unarmed with 4 cops there and he has to get shot at by some female cop and killed, and then she gets off cause she was "sacred" yet we got white supremacists and Neo-Nazis out here with Ar-15's walking the street with nazi symbols and then we get to hear "both sides are at fault"?

I'm all for keeping the peace, but i cant see anything but another revolution coming. its going to get bad before it gets worse. feel for all my black friends... cant imagine walking in your shoes in this climate.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#414 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:16 pm

^^^amen to everything you said Prok. and yes, to say that this climate isn't unnerving as a black person would be a lie. I'm more concerned about minority (this includes Muslim and Jewish) children, women, and elderly. Because these cowards always pick soft targets.

If BLM or even the folks at Standing Rock were carrying assault rifles the national guard would be called in and people would have been violently detained or possibly even killed. Yet, those Nazis walked the streets armed and were unopposed.

I don't see a revolution coming. A major shift in the discourse/politics definitely. The extremism is pushing people who would usual be at odds over normal political issues to the same side, which is opposing Trump and his cult of white supremacists. I still don't believe that all of America, and this includes sensible conservatives, are anywhere remotely as messed up as these Nazi 4chan crazies. I think Trump isn't going to make it past 12-16 months at this rate. That's why he's been dog whistling to his nazi base. If he's going to go down, he's going to take the country with him. I think there will be white supremacist violence if he gets impeached or resigns. I also think that if these loons try to have an uprising, they'll be massacred by the United States National Guard, and I have no problem with that. You can't coddle Nazis, or believe that they can be debated or talked down. Their ideology is genocide and the establishment of a white ethnostate. They will have be dealt with, but it has to happen via the rule of law and if it becomes violent, the national guard and not civilians going out trying to have battles in the street.

ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#415 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:27 am

Wow, Bannon banished!

Now the real "the Apprentice" is gonna begin.
Thanks for the honesty.
shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#416 » by shakendfries » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:42 pm

I did not realize these supremacist sympathizers were legitimately adopting memes and even making lapel pins :noway:

I feel like a clown rn :nonono:
ImageImage

shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#417 » by shakendfries » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:57 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Actually since we're on the topic of Nazism, I've kind of bit my tongue about this because we're here to discuss basketball, but since this is a non bball thread

shakendfries wrote:Image

shake what's good with this man^ pepe frog is considered a hate symbol per the anti defamation league:

https://www.adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/pepe-the-frog

In recent years, with the growth of the "alt right" segment of the white supremacist movement, a segment that draws some of its support from some of the above-mentioned Internet sites, the number of "alt right" Pepe memes has grown, a tendency exacerbated by the controversial and contentious 2016 presidential election.

Anytime I see that crap on twitter or elsewhere it's usually accompanied by some racist half wit alt right lunacy. I'd hope that's not you.

i do not desire sympathy for my ignorance. you were right to call me out on this. didn't research the evidence pointing towards this well enough...you guessed it and were indubitably right
ImageImage

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#418 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:40 pm

oh yeah man. The 4chan and twitter Nazis love that frog. There's some seriously vile people in this country.

Nazis need to get their heads smashed. There's no middle ground, or both sides.

shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#419 » by shakendfries » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:08 am

MrDollarBills wrote:oh yeah man. The 4chan and twitter Nazis love that frog. There's some seriously vile people in this country.

Nazis need to get their heads smashed. There's no middle ground, or both sides.

karma is undefeated

'I'm scared the cops are gonna shoot me'

that's literally the point of the protests that started this friction in the first place
ImageImage

Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#420 » by Ror1997 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:26 am

shakendfries wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Actually since we're on the topic of Nazism, I've kind of bit my tongue about this because we're here to discuss basketball, but since this is a non bball thread

shakendfries wrote:Image

shake what's good with this man^ pepe frog is considered a hate symbol per the anti defamation league:

https://www.adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/pepe-the-frog

In recent years, with the growth of the "alt right" segment of the white supremacist movement, a segment that draws some of its support from some of the above-mentioned Internet sites, the number of "alt right" Pepe memes has grown, a tendency exacerbated by the controversial and contentious 2016 presidential election.

Anytime I see that crap on twitter or elsewhere it's usually accompanied by some racist half wit alt right lunacy. I'd hope that's not you.

i do not desire sympathy for my ignorance. you were right to call me out on this. didn't research the evidence pointing towards this well enough...you guessed it and were indubitably right

Its not your fault. It only recently transformed from harmless meme to a hate symbol.

The creator of the pepe cartoon actually killed off the character after it became a hate symbol. http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/pepe-frog-dead-creator-kills-meme-absorbed-far-right-n756281

Return to Brooklyn Nets