Official 2019 Brooklyn Nets Offseason Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,415

Re: Official 2019 Brooklyn Nets Offseason Thread 

Post#421 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jun 8, 2019 2:33 pm

Colbinii wrote:Looks like my Timberwolves are taking all your staff :lol:

well if DLO stays for the long haul, we'll be taking KAT a few years down the line so it will all work out in the end :wink:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,482

Post#422 » by Colbinii » Sat Jun 8, 2019 2:34 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Colbinii wrote:Looks like my Timberwolves are taking all your staff :lol:

well if DLO stays for the long haul, we'll be taking KAT a few years down the line so it will all work out in the end :wink:

Keep that name out yo mouth, sucka!
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,477

Post#423 » by Papi_swav » Sat Jun 8, 2019 6:01 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Skybox wrote:DLO was a lot of fun this year but ...if you can get Kyrie +, goodbye and best wishes. Don't cling to a good story when you're on the verge of a great one. Of the big cap teams with a shot at Kyrie and KD, I'm rooting for you guys. I love to see NYK and LAL drowning.

my hope is why get kyrie and DONT get KD so we can keep Russell. id rather kawhi, butler, or tobias to KD personally. but i can see why the team and fans would want KD since he makes us better then those guys outside kawhi

I have to admit man, you were right about Leonard. He is a god level player and it took this playoff run to really sit and appreciate how great he is.

Honestly, he's the #1 player in the sport imo. Dude is out there dominating from every angle of the court. If not for his health concerns I'd be tossing out the name Michael Jordan in comparison. He's that good.

yes Kawhi makes us immediate contenders and I think any team he goes to are immediate contenders too, he knows how good he is. It's just crazy that he can possibly leave Toronto even with winning a chip. I just can't see him leaving Toronto to come to our team, it's either Clippers or Raps in my opinion. Imagine a Kawhi and KD team... Geezus ! And we can definitely make that happen, we just have to get both of them in the room.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#424 » by IceManBK1 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:16 pm

So we're still in hunt for AD
Kyrie
Dlo
Prince
Kurucs(if we keep him or draft clarke; sign Randle/Mirotic etc)
AD(Levert, Allen, DW, JHarris, #27+ future top 5 protected)
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#425 » by IceManBK1 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:22 pm

IceManBK1 wrote:So we're still in hunt for AD
Kyrie
Dlo
Prince
Kurucs(if we keep him or draft clarke; sign Randle/Mirotic etc)
AD(Levert, Allen, DW, JHarris, #27+ future top 5 protected)

would be huge if Sean Marks can flip DW for top 10 pick..or even high teens pick. Pelicans will like 2 1st rders this yr and future 1st.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,677

Post#426 » by Prokorov » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:54 am

Torn achillies for durant... could mean 1 of 3 things:

1) he stays in GSW, for continuity with the medical staff, keep things the same for a year, etc...

2) this lowers his price off of the full max, allowing us to get KD and keep Dlo

3) going to the NYK or a team that could put 2 other max guys (Kyrie/AD) around him to form a superteam becomes more attractive.

I would have to think that him knowing levert, and maybe knowing our mediical staff may give us the slighest of advantages as well as maybe a discount?
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,415

Post#427 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:19 pm

Prokorov wrote:Torn achillies for durant... could mean 1 of 3 things:

1) he stays in GSW, for continuity with the medical staff, keep things the same for a year, etc...

2) this lowers his price off of the full max, allowing us to get KD and keep Dlo

3) going to the NYK or a team that could put 2 other max guys (Kyrie/AD) around him to form a superteam becomes more attractive.

I would have to think that him knowing levert, and maybe knowing our mediical staff may give us the slighest of advantages as well as maybe a discount?

If he stays with the Warriors after this, he's a fool.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,499

Post#428 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:59 pm

Still crazy that they cleared him to play, had a feeling it was a major mistake and there waa shadiness surrounding it.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Post#429 » by Rockice_24 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:28 pm

Someone is going to throw the max at him in hopes he can recover and I think that team is NYK. They may be the only team to still do that.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,677

Post#430 » by Prokorov » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:08 pm

Durant is a guy you get a chance at signing once every 50-100 years. he will finsih he career probably top 10 all time. this notion the nets would be unwise to max him or that it is too risk is out of left field.

75% of KD is still probably enough to gaurantee conference finals. with another star your looking at a real title shot. i dont want KD, i never did, but i dont think this 100% makes it a no if you were in on him
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,091

Post#431 » by Netaman » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:29 pm

Prokorov wrote:Durant is a guy you get a chance at signing once every 50-100 years. he will finsih he career probably top 10 all time. this notion the nets would be unwise to max him or that it is too risk is out of left field.

75% of KD is still probably enough to gaurantee conference finals. with another star your looking at a real title shot. i dont want KD, i never did, but i dont think this 100% makes it a no if you were in on him

100% agree. 34 year old Kobe came back 8 months later. He was diminished when he came back but also already past his prime pre-injury. For KD you roll the dice and hope worse case scenario he comes back as good as Tobias Harris. Maybe try to build in some opt outs.

Same as yesterday, the only thing better than signing KD is Leonard.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,605

Post#432 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:44 pm

Prokorov wrote:Durant is a guy you get a chance at signing once every 50-100 years. he will finsih he career probably top 10 all time. this notion the nets would be unwise to max him or that it is too risk is out of left field.

It depends on the team’s situation. If you’re a terrible lottery team with ample cap space and all your picks, yes sign him. If you’re a young playoff team that would have to renounce a 23 year old all star to sign him, you pass.

If he’ll sign here alone, I’d consider it. I’m not releasing DLo for an injured Durant and Kyrie combo though.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#433 » by MGrand15 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:38 am

I was iffy on it at first but I'd still go for Durant. It would be scary to kill our depth and have Durant miss most of the first year but I think the team is ready to hold it down.

Durant's a special talent. He could lose 20% of speed and explosion and still be an elite player. The guy is an all time great shooter and scorer - who's bigger than everyone. He's never needed to create space like a normal player. If he can stay healthy, I have no doubt he'll produce at a really high level.
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,091

Post#434 » by Netaman » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:16 am

MGrand15 wrote:I was iffy on it at first but I'd still go for Durant. It would be scary to kill our depth and have Durant miss most of the first year but I think the team is ready to hold it down.

Durant's a special talent. He could lose 20% of speed and explosion and still be an elite player. The guy is an all time great shooter and scorer - who's bigger than everyone. He's never needed to create space like a normal player. If he can stay healthy, I have no doubt he'll produce at a really high level.

Same. Even if he falls off he's still likely as good as Tobias Harris. Or Butler. I'm still all for it, and if it helps us get him because some other teams cool off so be it.

Read on Twitter
Rockice_24
Starter

Post#435 » by Rockice_24 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:39 pm

Shocked that this basically didn't effect his FA status 1 bit. Not one team has cooled on him and would hesitate to offer the full max.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Official 2019 Brooklyn Nets Offseason Thread 

Post#436 » by Paradise » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:25 pm

Rockice_24 wrote:Shocked that this basically didn't effect his FA status 1 bit. Not one team has cooled on him and would hesitate to offer the full max.

He’s too good and I think for us we already have experience with our medical staff being involved with PG’s injury although it was a different.

It’s a once and a lifetime opportunity to be able to sign someone like him. We’re in instant contender to come out of the East with Irving/KD. The Nets have such a deep training staff, I’m sure they feel confident in their ability to rehab him back to 100%

I think it boils down to what becomes the plan of action while he’s recovering?
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#437 » by SpeedyG » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:55 pm

Paradise wrote:
Rockice_24 wrote:Shocked that this basically didn't effect his FA status 1 bit. Not one team has cooled on him and would hesitate to offer the full max.

He’s too good and I think for us we already have experience with our medical staff being involved with PG’s injury although it was a different.

It’s a once and a lifetime opportunity to be able to sign someone like him. We’re in instant contender to come out of the East with Irving/KD. The Nets have such a deep training staff, I’m sure they feel confident in their ability to rehab him back to 100%

We basically have our team in tact even adding KD.

Irving/Dinwiddie
Levert/Musa
Harris/
Prince/Rodi
Allen/

That's good enough to get us in the playoffs especially if the guys we expect to make a leap (Levert, Musa, Rodi, allen), make that leap.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Rockice_24
Starter

Post#438 » by Rockice_24 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:58 pm

Paradise wrote:

I might be crazy but I think I would prefer
Kyrie, Tobias, and D-Lo over Kyrie and KD.

Each scenario you have to move some more pieces like Din, Prince, #27 or even lose D-Lo for KD.

If the thought is KD comes back probably better still then Tobias which is possible even likely maybe he's not a top 3 player anymore, maybe he's now top 10 or top 15 and more a complementary piece now. Are him and Kyrie really enough to get past TOR or MIL or PHI? if it's not the top 5 version of KD and only a slightly better version of Tobias they might not be?

I'd prefer to keep a slightly lesser trio together in Kyrie, D-Lo and Tobias over losing D-Lo for KD who may only be a little better then a guy in his prime going for 20/8 on basically 50/40/90 in Tobias. The slight upgrade from a lesser KD to Tobias doesn't seem like enough to lose D-Lo.

Give me
Kyrie
Russell
Harris
Harris
Allen

Bench: Levert, Musa, Kurucs, Davis and #31

I'd be happy rooting for a team like that even without KD.
Rockice_24
Starter

Post#439 » by Rockice_24 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:00 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
Paradise wrote:

Irving/Dinwiddie
Levert/Musa
Harris/
Prince/Rodi
Allen/

That's good enough to get us in the playoffs especially if the guys we expect to make a leap (Levert, Musa, Rodi, allen), make that leap.

Wouldn't we still need to move a guy like Prince or Dinwiddie to fit Durant in along with Kyrie?

Wouldn't saving Russell and signing Tobias be better then losing Russell and hoping KD is still a top 5 player?
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#440 » by SpeedyG » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:05 pm

Rockice_24 wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
Paradise wrote:He’s too good and I think for us we already have experience with our medical staff being involved with PG’s injury although it was a different.

Irving/Dinwiddie
Levert/Musa
Harris/
Prince/Rodi
Allen/

Wouldn't we still need to move a guy like Prince or Dinwiddie to fit Durant in along with Kyrie?

Wouldn't saving Russell and signing Tobias be better then losing Russell and hoping KD is still a top 5 player?
We're 300k short if we stash the 27th pick. Otherwise, were 3M short.

Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09

Return to Brooklyn Nets