MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 42,086

Re: Around the League 2020 Playoffs 

Post#461 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:59 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote: :lol:

Don't you worry sweat heart, we'll be here for all your, "I told you so's!", if we do trade for him and it fails.

I don't see why the Pelicans make the deal. They have Hayes and Ball. Musa really doesn't look like an NBA player at this point.

I'm skeptical of the rumor, but it's still the obvious. And true, he even said, it's Brooklyn's offer, it doesn't mean the Pels like it.

That said, if this deal were to go down, I've said all along that Allen and maybe Dinwiddie will both be dealt to other teams and draft capitol or young players will come to the Pels, or they will add their pick and a guy like Ball, to picks we acquire in this multi-team deal and a 4th or 5th team will send a younger established player to New Orleans, maybe LaVine, or something like that.

I don't see anything that we can offer them that makes them better tbh. and I would trade for Jrue.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2024-25: All Gas, No Brakes

C: Bobby Portis/Thomas Bryant
PF: Julius Randle/Richaun Holmes
SF: Issac Okoro/Luke Kennard
SG: Jaylen Brown /Isaiah Joe
PG: Tyus Jones/Dante Exum

Please consider donating blood: https://www.nybc.org/
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,538

Post#462 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:11 pm

GTR11 wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Do you believe in rookie coach?

If he comes back mainly healthy, KD has always been on LBJ's level.

I do believe in Nash and Vaughn as of now. The truth is, as people like Dinwiddie have said, coaching is like 80% psychologist and managing egos. Nash can do that. Vaughn can do that to an extent. And Vaughn has good in game adjustments and X's and O's, I feel like Nash will have excellent of the latter. Nash is also good at player development, even already superstar development.

Coaching is most certainly important, but overrated. Talent wins. A number of great coaches without star power are already out.

One just solid coach with the best talent is still in.

No matter how many times you say some just love to run around with their narrative no matter what. Answer to me for this question, why same coaches win over and over again?
Using Din's opinion as a fact is laughable. Kobe thought so too, how many rings he won without Zen?

The same coaches win because they coach the best players in the league. Kobe didn't win without Shaq or Pau either.

I'm not using Din's opinion as fact, you know... you legit just love to argue and stir **** up. :lol:
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#463 » by GTR11 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:13 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
If Paul george performs like he did in the bubble in next year's playoffs, Leonard will leave.

Some bold statement here MDB. Some most likely say laughable for good reason. Kawhi created it.

Both of them can opt out though, I'm not sure why it's laughable? Leonard is not married to the Clippers or George, if George puts up the putrid numbers that he did next season in the playoffs, it's a legit possibility.

They did it for cba reasons. Smart most said, set themselves up for great last paycheck.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#464 » by GTR11 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:19 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:If he comes back mainly healthy, KD has always been on LBJ's level.

I do believe in Nash and Vaughn as of now. The truth is, as people like Dinwiddie have said, coaching is like 80% psychologist and managing egos. Nash can do that. Vaughn can do that to an extent. And Vaughn has good in game adjustments and X's and O's, I feel like Nash will have excellent of the latter. Nash is also good at player development, even already superstar development.

Coaching is most certainly important, but overrated. Talent wins. A number of great coaches without star power are already out.

One just solid coach with the best talent is still in.

No matter how many times you say some just love to run around with their narrative no matter what. Answer to me for this question, why same coaches win over and over again?
Using Din's opinion as a fact is laughable. Kobe thought so too, how many rings he won without Zen?

The same coaches win because they coach the best players in the league. Kobe didn't win without Shaq or Pau either.

I'm not using Din's opinion as fact, you know... you legit just love to argue and stir **** up. :lol:

George Karl coached great players, D'Antoni coached great players, Don Nelson coached great players etc. How many of them got that chip. Talent can cover a lot of shortcomings, it won't win you ring without great strategy that was installed by coaching and that's a fact that been backed up.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#465 » by gigantes » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:20 am

I don't think this Beverley-on-Murray move got posted here yet, but it was one weird, unnecessary play that happened with only :27 left in the Clippers' implosion.

Almost looked like Beverley was legit trying to injure Murray, only it caused Murray to fall back against him, possibly brushing Beverley's face. From that point on I assume an Academy Award was up for grabs.

This would have been the most miserable way ever to lose your co-captain and scoring leader, right before the next round was to start. :upset:
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#466 » by gigantes » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:29 am

Btw, I can totally... totally understand the established Clippers players not being super-thrilled with a couple of hotshots coming in and throwing their weight around, not properly adapting to their teammates.

This kind of exchange seems almost inevitabobble when that happens:

Yahoo Sports' Chris Haynes reported Paul George and Montrezl Harrell had a "heated verbal exchange" during Los Angeles' Game 2 defeat. Harrell was upset that George blamed him for a turnover when George probably erred by making a pass while Harrell was guarded by Jamal Murray and Michael Porter Jr.:

"Harrell responded with something along the lines of, 'You're always right. Nobody can tell you nothing,' and expletives were uttered from both players, sources said.

George eventually toned down his rhetoric, but a heated Harrell wasn't having it.

Teammates began clapping on the sideline, in part to disguise what was going on and in an attempt to defuse the situation. The incident deescalated shortly after as coach Doc Rivers took his seat to go over the game plan."

Jovan Buha and Sam Amick of The Athletic reported in January how the arrivals of George and Kawhi Leonard had helped create some friction behind the scenes.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2909423-report-paul-george-montrezl-harrell-had-heated-exchange-in-nuggets-series
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,595

Post#467 » by Papi_swav » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:25 am

gigantes wrote:I don't think this Beverley-on-Murray move got posted here yet, but it was one weird, unnecessary play that happened with only :27 left in the Clippers' implosion.

Almost looked like Beverley was legit trying to injure Murray, only it caused Murray to fall back against him, possibly brushing Beverley's face. From that point on I assume an Academy Award was up for grabs.

This would have been the most miserable way ever to lose your co-captain and scoring leader, right before the next round was to start. :upset:

Yea I noticed this too, Beverly is such a dirty player and for a guy that hasn't done nothing or won anything yet, he talks a big game. I'm glad Murray cooked his a$$ for 40 points. This is the same POS that took out Westbrooks knee.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#468 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:55 am

**** Beverly, he sucks. Legit my most hated player in the league. Forever trying to seriously injury somebody. Wouldn't be mad at all to find out he fell down a flight of stairs in his own house and had to retire.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#469 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:58 pm

gigantes wrote:Btw, I can totally... totally understand the established Clippers players not being super-thrilled with a couple of hotshots coming in and throwing their weight around, not properly adapting to their teammates.

This kind of exchange seems almost inevitabobble when that happens:

Yahoo Sports' Chris Haynes reported Paul George and Montrezl Harrell had a "heated verbal exchange" during Los Angeles' Game 2 defeat. Harrell was upset that George blamed him for a turnover when George probably erred by making a pass while Harrell was guarded by Jamal Murray and Michael Porter Jr.:

"Harrell responded with something along the lines of, 'You're always right. Nobody can tell you nothing,' and expletives were uttered from both players, sources said.

George eventually toned down his rhetoric, but a heated Harrell wasn't having it.

Teammates began clapping on the sideline, in part to disguise what was going on and in an attempt to defuse the situation. The incident deescalated shortly after as coach Doc Rivers took his seat to go over the game plan."

Jovan Buha and Sam Amick of The Athletic reported in January how the arrivals of George and Kawhi Leonard had helped create some friction behind the scenes.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2909423-report-paul-george-montrezl-harrell-had-heated-exchange-in-nuggets-series

GTR, you still think that the Clippers aren't screwed?

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,677

Post#470 » by Prokorov » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:46 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I think the exceptioin is when you can get an in-prime top 3 player. the assumption is Kwhi doesnt come without the George trade. Kawhi is top 3 in-prime. you have to do it. maybe they are scrwed for 5 years. but they may not get a better shot at a title for 20 years

I agree. Because the Clippers didn't have either, and they weren't title contenders yet, the circumstances are a little different. I'm looking at it more from our side. We're contenders as is, and even after KD moves on or starts to decline due to age in a couple of years, Kyrie, LeVert, Diwiddie, Allen, etc. should still be at their peaks. It's dangerous to liquidate youth & picks for another 30+ year old that has only a 2-3 year time frame.

It's dangerous when your youth is SGA and it's all your picks with no protections, just... gone... poof... lol.

It doesn't seem dangerous when it's a guy you're likely to lose to free agency anyway, a very nice, but admittedly somewhat replaceable young prospect/player and a protected pick.
'

This exactly. when your youth is 20-22 year old with All-NBA ceiling who are already on the cusp of being an all-star you dont want to liquidate that.

when your youth is 24-26 year old role players with little ceiling left who cant stay healthy thats a bit different. Allen is really the only youth we have left you worry about liquidating and even then lob and block type centers can be had in the middle of most drafts.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#471 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:47 pm

OKC has 15 1st round picks over the next several seasons. Obscene.

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,635

Post#472 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:08 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:OKC has 15 1st round picks over the next several seasons. Obscene.

Too much of a good thing can have diminishing returns. We saw it with Ainge and Boston. He overvalued his picks, other teams called his bluff knowing he didn't have the roster space for all of them, and he was forced to reach on a couple of stashable players in 2016.

OKC can't draft that many guaranteed rookie deals, so when they try to deal for established players or trade ups, teams will ask for extra or more valuable picks.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,529

Post#473 » by therealbig3 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:49 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:OKC has 15 1st round picks over the next several seasons. Obscene.

Too much of a good thing can have diminishing returns. We saw it with Ainge and Boston. He overvalued his picks, other teams called his bluff knowing he didn't have the roster space for all of them, and he was forced to reach on a couple of stashable players in 2016.

OKC can't draft that many guaranteed rookie deals, so when they try to deal for established players or trade ups, teams will ask for extra or more valuable picks.

This is true, but even though I think Ainge didn’t do the best job with all those picks...he literally ended up with Tatum and Brown as a result, and has built a contender in Boston.

Unless you’re Billy King, you literally can’t screw up with that many 1st rounders. SOMETHING has gotta hit, and you’re always gonna be the top team for anyone looking to move a disgruntled star, because you can give them more picks than anyone else.

OKC has an amazing future.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#474 » by therealbig3 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:59 pm

GTR11 wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
GTR11 wrote:No matter how many times you say some just love to run around with their narrative no matter what. Answer to me for this question, why same coaches win over and over again?

George Karl coached great players, D'Antoni coached great players, Don Nelson coached great players etc. How many of them got that chip. Talent can cover a lot of shortcomings, it won't win you ring without great strategy that was installed by coaching and that's a fact that been backed up.

Ty Lue and Doc Rivers also have rings, so I wouldn’t be so dogmatic about this point.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,635

Post#475 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:05 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:

This is true, but even though I think Ainge didn’t do the best job with all those picks...he literally ended up with Tatum and Brown as a result, and has built a contender in Boston.

Unless you’re Billy King, you literally can’t screw up with that many 1st rounders. SOMETHING has gotta hit, and you’re always gonna be the top team for anyone looking to move a disgruntled star, because you can give them more picks than anyone else.

OKC has an amazing future.

Had Ainge been able to flip a few of those many non top 3 picks for a better pick or player, or just drafted a better player, they could've won a title by now.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#476 » by GTR11 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:26 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:The same coaches win because they coach the best players in the league. Kobe didn't win without Shaq or Pau either.

Ty Lue and Doc Rivers also have rings, so I wouldn’t be so dogmatic about this point.

Accidents that happened to be. How did it worked out after... exactly.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#477 » by therealbig3 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:22 pm

gigantes wrote:I don't think this Beverley-on-Murray move got posted here yet, but it was one weird, unnecessary play that happened with only :27 left in the Clippers' implosion.

That pass though...
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#478 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:26 am

It’s literally an embarrassment of riches. Literally... Houston and LAC should be embarrassed.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,898

Post#479 » by Paradise » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:59 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Obviously, this is Kyrie’s fault. He’s contaminated Marcus Smart!
ProspectPark
Pro Prospect
And1: 700

Post#480 » by ProspectPark » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:02 am

Read on Twitter

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to Brooklyn Nets