ImageImageImageImageImage

The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread (Welcome Dzanan Musa, Radions Kurucs & Theo Pinson!)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 42,029

Re: The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread (#29, #40, #45 picks) 

Post#541 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 1, 2018 2:37 am

Paradise wrote:Mo Bamba workout footage:

Donte Divincenzo workout footage:

Hamidou Diallo workout footage:

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

bruh why are you posting Mo Bamba clips in here :lol: vc4p already wants to sell his soul to get into the top 5, don't encourage him and prok with these clips :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Divincenzo is a really interesting prospect. He's definitely a system fit.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2024-25: All Gas, No Brakes

C: Bobby Portis/Thomas Bryant
PF: Julius Randle/Richaun Holmes
SF: Issac Okoro/Luke Kennard
SG: Jaylen Brown /Isaiah Joe
PG: Tyus Jones/Dante Exum

Please consider donating blood: https://www.nybc.org/
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,538

Post#542 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Jun 1, 2018 2:43 am

Lol, Bamba ain't no Thabeet, I'll tell you that much.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Streakers33
Sixth Man
And1: 202

Post#543 » by Streakers33 » Fri Jun 1, 2018 3:53 am

Prokorov wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:can we get a consensus pick on who we want with 29? Right now the end of the draft and start of the second seem very fluid. Sounds like there's about 3-5 guys we're expecting to take.

i dont want to pick at all at #29. its the second worst pick in the draft next to #30. late backup level talent but still gauranteed contract. i hop we trade it to a team with no pick in this draft for future picks or multiple seconds or a heavily protected future first if we can package #29 and carroll/lin/dinwiddie/levert/whomever to move up.

That’s why u trade Carroll for dieng and pick 20... and give u more firepower in this draft .. hint hint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlipFlopShot
Pro Prospect
And1: 330

Post#544 » by FlipFlopShot » Fri Jun 1, 2018 6:12 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:Yutu looks good the lefty can shoot, dribble defend and is a passer. I hope he's not getting overlooked because he's Japanese.

Watanabe-kun has a pretty nice feel for the game, i love his height, ball handling, and passing. He said he had a bad shooting performance during workouts, while his three ball seems decent (his shot looks good in this clip), taking a look at his advanced numbers from college he doesn't appear to be a knockdown type.

I'd definitely take a 2nd round flyer on him since we have two picks. He should not be overlooked because of his ethnicity, that would be criminal and honestly infuriating. basketball is the most inclusive sport in the world, if scouts/gms are doing to this guy what was done to Jeremy Lin it's seriously disgusting.

Yes, this is what we need. Height. All we need to see is his lateral speed.
Under the radar preliminary unscouted second rounders is where it is at.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,677

Post#545 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 1, 2018 1:09 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
bruh why are you posting Mo Bamba clips in here :lol: vc4p already wants to sell his soul to get into the top 5, don't encourage him and prok with these clips :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Bamba is a unicornw ith the potential ot be an all world defender. a taller, longer, more coordinated jarrett allenw ith handles and a jump shot.

still blows my mind people woudlnt part with Levert/RHJ/Allen to get that dude.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 42,029

Post#546 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 1, 2018 5:18 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Bamba is a unicornw ith the potential ot be an all world defender. a taller, longer, more coordinated jarrett allenw ith handles and a jump shot.

still blows my mind people woudlnt part with Levert/RHJ/Allen to get that dude.

I would trade Allen for Bamba
BAF Indiana Pacers 2024-25: All Gas, No Brakes

C: Bobby Portis/Thomas Bryant
PF: Julius Randle/Richaun Holmes
SF: Issac Okoro/Luke Kennard
SG: Jaylen Brown /Isaiah Joe
PG: Tyus Jones/Dante Exum

Please consider donating blood: https://www.nybc.org/
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,898

The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread (#29, #40, #45 picks) 

Post#547 » by Paradise » Sat Jun 2, 2018 9:10 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Netaman
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,169

Post#548 » by Netaman » Sat Jun 2, 2018 9:19 pm

The 3 guys I'm still hoping they somehow get are:
Mikal Bridges (with a trade into the teens) - looks like he could be a very legit shooter, good defender with longer wingspan than RHJ
Bruce Brown (at or around 29) - plays tough and can do a little bit of everything, undervalued after his injury-marred soph season
Mo Wagner (prob need to move up in the 2nd)
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#549 » by kamaze » Sat Jun 2, 2018 10:01 pm

I'd rather have Bridges but they don't have to trade up imo.

He'd be a good small ball four with the 7 foot 3 wingspan. :nod:

I also wouldn't mind if they bought a pick for the Greek freak's brother. He's raw but versatile and a good defender.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,706

Post#550 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sat Jun 2, 2018 11:09 pm

Netaman wrote:The 3 guys I'm still hoping they somehow get are:
Mikal Bridges (with a trade into the teens) - looks like he could be a very legit shooter, good defender with longer wingspan than RHJ
Bruce Brown (at or around 29) - plays tough and can do a little bit of everything, undervalued after his injury-marred soph season

I hope you mean Miles Bridges because Mikal Bridges will most likely require a trade into the top 8 and I don’t think he’s worth that price.
Netaman
Assistant Coach

Post#551 » by Netaman » Sun Jun 3, 2018 2:15 am

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

I hope you mean Miles Bridges because Mikal Bridges will most likely require a trade into the top 8 and I don’t think he’s worth that price.

He's currently #10 on JG's board. A slide back to 14 isn't unrealistic for anyone ranked outside the true top tiers.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#552 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sun Jun 3, 2018 2:19 am

Netaman wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

He's currently #10 on JG's board. A slide back to 14 isn't unrealistic for anyone ranked outside the true top tiers.

I think it’s definitely unrealistic. He’s the kind of player that teams reach for. He won’t drop past 10 and honestly I’d be shocked if he isn’t taken by the Cavs at 8.
Netaman
Assistant Coach

Post#553 » by Netaman » Sun Jun 3, 2018 2:29 am

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Netaman wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

I think it’s definitely unrealistic. He’s the kind of player that teams reach for. He won’t drop past 10 and honestly I’d be shocked if he isn’t taken by the Cavs at 8.

Recently teams have reached for higher upside freshman over upperclassman. Last year the first non-freshman college player picked was Luke Kennard (soph) at 12. The first junior was Justin Jackson at 15.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#554 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sun Jun 3, 2018 2:52 am

Netaman wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Netaman wrote:

Recently teams have reached for higher upside freshman over upperclassman. Last year the first non-freshman college player picked was Luke Kennard (soph) at 12. The first junior was Justin Jackson at 15.

That’s true to an extent but in 2016 Buddy Hield was a senior and was drafted 6th. Bridges is closer to Hield as a prospect than Kennard or Jackson. Bridges is a versatile 2 way wing with excellent length and shooting ability, which is the exact type of player teams are looking for these days. Plus he’s a national champion. I’d love to have him on the Nets but he’s not dropping.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#555 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Jun 3, 2018 2:53 pm

Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Bamba isn't getting past Dallas at 5. I wouldn't be shocked if he jumps to 1.

I can see any of Ayton, Doncic, Bamba or Bagley going first.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#556 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Jun 3, 2018 2:56 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Netaman wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

I think his absolute floor is 13. If he gets to 12 and the Clippers don't want him, maybe they trade the pick and depending on the return the team trading for him demands the lower salary slot.

He'll probably go 10th, though I could see him as high as 5th.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#557 » by NyCeEvO » Sun Jun 3, 2018 7:32 pm

Didn't realize how raw Porter Jr is.

He's not two years away from being two years away but I think he needs at least 2 seasons of training and working out before we can see how high his offensive ceiling is.

I actually think he can be a defensive terror sooner than he can be a serious offensive threat, if he can be paired with a coach who gets him to understand defensive positioning and court awareness.
Netaman
Assistant Coach

Post#558 » by Netaman » Sun Jun 3, 2018 8:54 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Netaman wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

That’s true to an extent but in 2016 Buddy Hield was a senior and was drafted 6th. Bridges is closer to Hield as a prospect than Kennard or Jackson. Bridges is a versatile 2 way wing with excellent length and shooting ability, which is the exact type of player teams are looking for these days. Plus he’s a national champion. I’d love to have him on the Nets but he’s not dropping.

He's not that similar to Hield. Hield was a 2x conf player of the year and POY his draft year, Bridges was arguably never even the best player on his own team. There's a legitimate question as to whether or not he'll ever be able to create his own shot at the NBA level because he didn't do it all that much at Nova. He's a very high floor and I think he's a near perfect system fit for a lot of teams that play the way Nova did, Nets included, but his profile isn't that of guys who normally get selected high in the draft. I'd say his range is 8-15.
Netaman
Assistant Coach

Post#559 » by Netaman » Sun Jun 3, 2018 9:04 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Netaman wrote:

I think his absolute floor is 13. If he gets to 12 and the Clippers don't want him, maybe they trade the pick and depending on the return the team trading for him demands the lower salary slot.

I'd peg his range from 8-15. Just don't see anyone passing on Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, Jackson, Young or Carter for him. All of those guys are 2 years younger or more. Most of them have more positional value (3 true C's, 2 longer combo forwards, 2 PG's). I could see Bagley or Jackson slipping from where they're ranked, but I don't think someone would pass on their upside for Bridges. Maybe if enough teams doubt Trae Young's size he could fall? Ultimately though I'd be much more surprised if Bridges gets drafted higher than expected vs. lower just because teams generally reach for youth/potential more than safe prospects.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#560 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Jun 3, 2018 9:47 pm

Netaman wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

I'd peg his range from 8-15. Just don't see anyone passing on Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, Jackson, Young or Carter for him. All of those guys are 2 years younger or more. Most of them have more positional value (3 true C's, 2 longer combo forwards, 2 PG's). I could see Bagley or Jackson slipping from where they're ranked, but I don't think someone would pass on their upside for Bridges. Maybe if enough teams doubt Trae Young's size he could fall? Ultimately though I'd be much more surprised if Bridges gets drafted higher than expected vs. lower just because teams generally reach for youth/potential more than safe prospects.

I'd mainly agree with you, though I don't see Young or Carter as locks to go above him, though I do see Bamba as a lock to go above him.

I just don't see how he'd get past the Clippers twice, have to feel like someone will give them exactly what they want for one of those two picks even if they don't want him. Even if they just want to move down to like 18 to snag the guy they want. They can probably get the 18 and an asset plus some cash for the 13.

Return to Brooklyn Nets