GT: OKC vs. BKN 12/5/2018: The road to 8-20 begins here

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: GT: OKC vs. BKN 12/5/2018: The road to 8-20 begins here 

Post#61 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:16 am

MrDollarBills wrote:How was Paul George even open on that play?

wow, what a perfect storm. This game probably ends with OKC failing to cover on my teaser (-3.5) and the Nets LOSE. Double whammy :lol: :lol: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Talk about gut-wrenching.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,367

Post#62 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:16 am

^^I'm not that mad about it. I was rooting for us to win but I expected a 4th qtr collapse to come sooner to the point where we would have lost by 4 points or more. gambling is for degenerates and fools. :)

Why are yall all mad though? We are legit in play for Zion, Barrett, Reddish, Bol, Little etc. Once we hit 8-20, its all but a foregone conclusion
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#63 » by LOUiS-D » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:19 am

This is slightly different to last year. I feel like last year it was 90% either starting 20 pts behind or a 3rd quarter collapse + clawing back for the nail biting defeat. Now we're learning how to blow leads. Is that progress or have we just shifted the periods of catastrophic failure?
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#64 » by gigantes » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:20 am

Ouch. Kinda saw that coming, but still. Ouch.

One thing that seemed to hurt them in places was the team-wide insistence on getting a clean three as opposed to different kinds of adjusted twos, after the defender has run past or bitten on a pump. Harris did an admirable job turning a lot of those in to drives, but late in the game that got too predictable, and the door was closed.

Crabbe had loads of opportunities to do something like that, but chose to pass it every time. I thought the goal from last season was to make him more versatile in that way, but I didn't see it. This offense could be a goldmine for guys who don't quite have a clear three but have some decent long-to-mid two options based on ball movement. Also maybe some interior passes leading to bunnies for Fro or whoever might be moving in the post.

*shrug*
LKIRNets
Starter
And1: 598

Post#65 » by LKIRNets » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:20 am

Trade Dinwiddie.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#66 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:22 am

LOUiS-D wrote:This is slightly different to last year. I feel like last year it was 90% either starting 20 pts behind or a 3rd quarter collapse + clawing back for the nail biting defeat. Now we're learning how to blow leads. Is that progress or have we just shifted the periods of catastrophic failure?

Its actually progress. We just need to learn how to finish games. That's a positive sign to me. It's not like we're getting blown out. Young teams don't know how to close out opponents, its really not that uncommon.

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#67 » by MGrand15 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:22 am

Kenny's been incredibly bad this season in crunch time. Another out of bound play where we don't even get a shot up. We're down 2. Taking out Jarrett Allen and completely eliminating any lob or offensive rebound threat is so ridiculous. Whatever is going on with these plays needs to be straightened out. We're not playing rookies here.

That ending was a bad coaching clinic from Kenny and Donovan. Very impressive.

Russell seriously needs to take a class on clock management. We went WAYYYY too early. Took a terrible shot and gave OKC enough time to run a full play. If he just held the ball and did nothing, OKC would've had 4 seconds to run a play. If he took a shot with 1 on the clock, OKC has to fight for the board and with a clean board, they're probably in the 3-4 second range. An offensive rebound basically ends the game. He doesn't really get clock situations in game.

Not playing Rodi at all is just weird. It feels like Kenny's been a lot less flexible this year. Not happy with that.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#68 » by kamaze » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:24 am

MrDollarBills wrote:^^I'm not that mad about it. I was rooting for us to win but I expected a 4th qtr collapse to come sooner to the point where we would have lost by 4 points or more. gambling is for degenerates and fools. :)

Why are yall all mad though? We are legit in play for Zion, Barrett, Reddish, Bol, Little etc. Once we hit 8-20, its all but a foregone conclusion

If that makes you feel better...
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
VCRJKidd15
Lead Assistant
And1: 128

Post#69 » by VCRJKidd15 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:24 am

MrDollarBills wrote:^^I'm not that mad about it. I was rooting for us to win but I expected a 4th qtr collapse to come sooner to the point where we would have lost by 4 points or more. gambling is for degenerates and fools. :)

Me personally, I've watched way too much basketball and have gotten much older to care about rooting for a tank. If Nets get a top 3 pick cool but I'm not going to sit here and root for an L after watching terrible basketball. It get's frustrating and as a fan it's not fun at all at this point. At the end of the day it might be worth it in June but playing like ass is not helping our young players and not worth losing out on FA if this make the Nets look bad....but like I said i'll get over it by June.

One thing I have noticed so far is that Kenny has been really bad so far this season. I can't point out anything he's done at all this season as a positive.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#70 » by 3pt_chucker » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:27 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
-soul fist- wrote:Nets crowd actually cheering "OKC" smh.

This is why i went on a rant this morning about Nets fans. Everyone talks **** about the players and yet every game is a road game for them. FOH.

Naw, the crowds have been fine up until this game.

I don't blame any of the fans for not going to games where we sh**t the bed all the time.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#71 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:29 am

VCRJKidd15 wrote:

Me personally, I've watched way too much basketball and have gotten much older to care about rooting for a tank. If Nets get a top 3 pick cool but I'm not going to sit here and root for an L after watching terrible basketball. It get's frustrating and as a fan it's not fun at all at this point. At the end of the day it might be worth it in June but playing like ass is not helping our young players and not worth losing out on FA if this make the Nets look bad.

The Nets weren't playing terrible basketball at all though. and no one said you have to root for an L. This is just the situation. the team is not good enough to close out games.

You're really are exaggerating here. The team isn't getting blown out of these games. they are competing. They, like most young teams, need to learn how to finish games. their 4th qtr execution has been awful all season long. Otherwise, this is apart of the process.

If the Nets luck into landing Zion, Reddish, Barrett, Little etc you'll be happy as hell my dude. Why get upset about it? The Nets need to learn how to win. Rebuilds aren't an overnight process

the entitlement and impatience from this fanbase is unreal. yall really feel like that winning should be gifted to this franchise. it's not. it's going to take work, and this is the work.

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

GT: OKC vs. BKN 12/5/2018: The road to 8-20 begins here 

Post#72 » by Paradise » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:30 am

wow, what a perfect storm. This game probably ends with OKC failing to cover on my teaser (-3.5) and the Nets LOSE. Double whammy :lol: :lol: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

A few days ago I said I wouldn’t care if we dealt these guys off for a chance at a higher pick or another Top 10 pick. Why? Because I cannot envision an ECF with these guys making winning decisions. Where’s the lie?

Dude airballs a game winner and blames it on his kicks after the Cleveland L. Tonight, Dinwiddie leaves his feet on a guy with 44 points to leave him with a wide open uncontested three.

I damn sure remember he’s destroyed our chances in these close games the last week since Minnesota home game with silly fouls and bad shots as well.

Bruh ain’t getting no extension like that. I understand our best player is out but Dinwiddie is seriously showing why he should not be extended on Saturday.

Don’t come out talking about what you want for Christmas and showing lazy ass focus during the stretch that could lead you to that reward. It only shows what you could be doing AFTER you are rewarded.
LKIRNets
Starter
And1: 598

Post#73 » by LKIRNets » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:31 am

No one is going to talk about Dinwiddie's defense costing us these games? The double OT game Memphis, Cleveland now OKC.

We just not gon' talk about that?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#74 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:36 am

3pt_chucker wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
-soul fist- wrote:Nets crowd actually cheering "OKC" smh.

This is why i went on a rant this morning about Nets fans. Everyone talks **** about the players and yet every game is a road game for them. FOH.

Naw, the crowds have been fine up until this game.

I don't blame any of the fans for not going to games where we sh**t the bed all the time.

yeah, meanwhile the knicks have been ass for the last few years and are still one of the top 15 teams in attendance. Our fanbase is garbage, period.

Nostalgialite
Ballboy
And1: 14

Post#75 » by Nostalgialite » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:36 am

OKC were definitely sleep walking for the first three quarters, but they really turned it up defensively in the fourth. All the Nets collapses are the same. Decent to huge lead at some point and then a total collapse in the fourth, fitting for one of the worst teams in the clutch and one of the worst fourth quarter teams. Embarrassing.

This team is horrendous defensively, but how does Atkinson not try something else besides Allen Crabbe on PG? PG was on fire in the fourth, but he completely trashed Crabbe. Crabbed repeatedly got beaten off the ball, tried cheating screens, and PG made him pay.

That PG game winning shot man. How do you **** up that switch and leave the guy open who KILLED you all quarter? Like you gotta be prepared for that situation, right? All PG did was fake the screen and move out to the perimeter.

Still no successful inbound attempt in the clutch for this team. They just run a play, it doesn't work, and then they run like chickens with their heads off.

Atkinson really got shut up to the media about certain things. You can't repeatedly say the Kurucs deserves more minutes and then not play him. That's not how it works.
alessandrux
Starter
And1: 2,239

Post#76 » by alessandrux » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:37 am

You have a really good team, outstanding commentators and even though this is an unfortunate loss (you definitely were the better team), I hope you can appreciate it increasing your chances of getting a good pick.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#77 » by Paradise » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:39 am

Btw, Westbrook surpassed J. Kidd in most Trouble Doubles during a season tonight and George sets a Barclays scoring regular season record...
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#78 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:41 am

Paradise wrote:

A few days ago I said I wouldn’t care if we dealt these guys off for a chance at a higher pick or another Top 10 pick. Why? Because I cannot envision an ECF with these guys making winning decisions. Where’s the lie?

Dude airballs a game winner and blames it on his kicks after the Cleveland L. Tonight, Dinwiddie leaves his feet on a guy with 44 points to leave him with a wide open uncontested three.

I damn sure remember he’s destroyed our chances in these close games the last week since Minnesota home game with silly fouls and bad shots as well.

Bruh ain’t getting no extension like that. I understand our best player is out but Dinwiddie is seriously showing why he should not be extended on Saturday.

Don’t come out talking about what you want for Christmas and showing lazy ass focus during the stretch that could lead you to that reward. It only shows what you could be doing AFTER you are rewarded.

I'm not going to defend Spencer here, but RHJ was the one who left Paul George open.

But here's the problem with your take though...this team is nowhere near the level of even sniffing the ECF. This is a young team with veterans who are all role players. Why even be concerned about that right now? These guys are all young and need to learn how to close out contests. crawl before you walk, walk before you run, then learn to pick and choose when to switch up speeds.

Teams with young players who aren't superstars and are coupled with veterans who aren't game changers aren't getting to the ECF. Dinwiddie is still learning just like Russell, LeVert, Allen, RHJ, etc

this is why i keep saying this fanbase is coming off as entitled. what exactly did you expect coming into this season? serious question.

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#79 » by MGrand15 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:42 am

We had an okay chance of starting to build the fan base behind strong years from Russell, LeVert + buzz from a 35ish win team. Russell is still really popular. Completely off the table now though.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#80 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:46 am

MGrand15 wrote:We had an okay chance of starting to build the fan base behind strong years from Russell, LeVert + buzz from a 35ish win team. Russell is still really popular. Completely off the table now though.

The margin of error was slim though. The LeVert injury was a derailment. We saw some potential when we had that Russell/LeVert backcourt working.

the most we can hope for now is that the Nets can start learning how to close out games, and we see some in season improvement from guys who will most likely be here next year. otherwise, I'm hoping that the lotto balls bounce our way with the new odds.

Return to Brooklyn Nets