ImageImageImageImageImage

WOJ BOMB: Nets trade Crabbe, #17, ‘20 1st to Hawks for Taurean Prince, 2021 2nd

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Re: WOJ BOMB: Nets trade Crabbe, #17, ‘20 1st to Hawks for Taurean Prince, 2021 2nd 

Post#61 » by IceManBK1 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 12:45 am

Prince is a young version of Demarre Carroll. Wonder if Nets keep carroll now. Probly let him go.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Re: WOJ BOMB: Nets trade Crabbe, #17, ‘20 1st to Hawks for Taurean Prince, 2021 2nd 

Post#62 » by gigantes » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:00 am

I know I'm in the minority at this point, but I'm hoping and praying Marks doesn't sign Kyrie. Actually I don't really believe Marks would do that kind of thing based on how he's guided the team so far, but there's a lot of Kyrie-to-BRK stuff in the news these days, so it does sound kind of worrisome to me.

I like KD, Harris or a deal for AD much better (along with re-signing DLo), giving us a serious upgrade at the biggest real position of need, and providing a true chance to grow in to a conference contender ASAP.

If Kyrie has to come along as part of something better, I guess I'll just have to grit my teeth on it, but I would also hope any of those guys is astute enough to realise that we already have a "Kyrie" of sorts in the person of DLo, a player still with upside, and also a much better fit in terms of chemistry and positional possibility.

OTOH, signing Irving and Russell as our 'big acquisitions' this summer would be pretty much a full-on disaster IMO. It would pretty much be throwing away a lot of hard work and future possibility to be a perennial playoff team, but not much more than that. Fortunately, I still don't see why Marks would want to settle for that.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#63 » by GTR11 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:02 am

Rich Rane wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Ok I'm starting to believe this KD and Kyrie to the Nets thing. It's hard not to at this point.
Wow I mean we knew Marks don't leak things and we assumed this and that but man is one hell of a GM. He ain't did nothing bad as a GM thus far amazing job. NO jinx intended.

This might have pushed me on Kyrie as well, but I'm still not quite sure KD is coming. Space could be just for Kyrie and D-Lo.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/brooklyn-nets/cap/2019/
As of right now we got 67m in cap space. KD and Kyrie together on max contracts will require 70. I would hate to lose Dinwiddy for the 6th pick A. Pooch said there's a strong possibility Marks might pull it up. I mean I would hate to lose D.LO and Din but I have hard time believing Marks will pass on possibility of KD and Kyrie. We can speculate on a lot of possibilities here. D.Will money really killing us right now, we could've kept Din.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#64 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:03 am

Lets go Nets!!!

At first, I was very questionable about moving two firsts to rid of Crabbe but the future first being protected seems like a great one....

here's to you Kyrie's plus one.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,058

Post#65 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:03 am

wco81 wrote:
Born_Ready wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
LeVert is going nowhere.

Man, I don't even want to think about that conundrum. LeVert has to be apart of the franchise's future.

If you sign two max free agents, how much would you pay Levert?

Probably more than Dinwiddie but how much more?

If you give him $15 million a year, then it would be $85-90 million for 3 players and $96-101 million for 4 players with the 4th guy being Dinwiddie in the 2020-21 season.

You have to wait to see what happens. LeVert showed all star level potential prior to his injury and then again in the playoffs where he was the best player on the team for Brooklyn. He has to stay healthy and he has to be consistent before I even start worrying about him getting mega bucks.

plus it also helps that Mikhail Prokhorov and Joe Tsai are both rich as balls.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#66 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:05 am

GTR11 wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Ok I'm starting to believe this KD and Kyrie to the Nets thing. It's hard not to at this point.
Wow I mean we knew Marks don't leak things and we assumed this and that but man is one hell of a GM. He ain't did nothing bad as a GM thus far amazing job. NO jinx intended.

This might have pushed me on Kyrie as well, but I'm still not quite sure KD is coming. Space could be just for Kyrie and D-Lo.

As of right now we got 67m in cap space. KD and Kyrie together on max contracts will require 70. I would hate to lose Dinwiddy for the 6th pick A. Pooch said there's a strong possibility Marks might pull it up. I mean I would hate to lose D.LO and Din but I have hard time believing Marks will pass on possibility of KD and Kyrie. We can speculate on a lot of possibilities here. D.Will money really killing us right now, we could've kept Din.

I don't think the difference between 67 and 70 will complicate things at all.

Losing Dinwiddie is a non starter unless the return is a vertical move. we want his depth here especially knowing that Irving isn't necessarily Iron Man.

GTR11
RealGM

Post#67 » by GTR11 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:05 am

IceManBK1 wrote:Prince is a young version of Demarre Carroll. Wonder if Nets keep carroll now. Probly let him go.

We got his bird rights and can go over the cap to re-sign both LVE and Prince. I'm not sure about Dudley but we will have mMLE if anything.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#68 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:06 am

GTR11 wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:Prince is a young version of Demarre Carroll. Wonder if Nets keep carroll now. Probly let him go.

We got his bird rights and can go over the cap to re-sign both LVE and Prince. I'm not sure about Dudley but we will have mMLE if anything.

who is LVE?

IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#69 » by IceManBK1 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:07 am

future first=top 14 protected..basically we gave up 2 mid first rders to acquire Prince and free up crabbe's salary. Prince is arguably top 15 pick in this draft.
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#70 » by IceManBK1 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:08 am

bucks gonna waive george hill cuz he's getting paid 20 sth mil this yr. we could use MLE on Hill if we lose DW. HIll is better defender to play alongside Dlo or Irving.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#71 » by GTR11 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:13 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

I don't think the difference between 67 and 70 will complicate things at all.

Losing Dinwiddie is a non starter unless the return is a vertical move. we want his depth here especially knowing that Irving isn't necessarily Iron Man.

I'm pretty sure Marks already explored every possible way to make more moves that we have no idea about. I'm also confident KD and Kyrie will take a little pay cut just to keep Din as 6th man he is. But we still got Shabaz who's no bum if you look around the league. I mean right now we are a major player out there with plenty of possibilities.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#72 » by GTR11 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:14 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:

who is LVE?

Caris in short I call him that.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#73 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:16 am

GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:We got his bird rights and can go over the cap to re-sign both LVE and Prince. I'm not sure about Dudley but we will have mMLE if anything.

who is LVE?

LeVert isn't a free agent this summer, so no worries

DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,575

Post#74 » by DarkXaero » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:33 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
who is LVE?

Neither is Prince though.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,601

Post#75 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:43 am

So right now we're hovering around $48mil in space if we renounce everyone but Russell.

Hypothetically, if we moved Dinwiddie for Okobo & a future Suns 1st, we'd be be around $58mil. Can Marks convince FAs to take a little less in order to not have to move anybody else? There's a chance that Kyrie and Tobias could combine to start around $58mil.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#76 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:44 am

DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Caris in short I call him that.

We'll come to that road when it's time. til then i'm not worried about it :lol:

DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#77 » by DarkXaero » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:47 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

We'll come to that road when it's time. til then i'm not worried about it :lol:
Agreed, idk why its being brought up now.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#78 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 7, 2019 2:10 am

Crabbe is pissed

Read on Twitter

Listen...i like Crabbe, but he's being paid a pretty large sum of money for what resulted in not much in the grand scheme of things. He should thank Sean Marks for even having a chance to earn as much money as he did.

DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#79 » by DarkXaero » Fri Jun 7, 2019 2:18 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Crabbe is pissed

Read on Twitter

Listen...i like Crabbe, but he's being paid a pretty large sum of money for what resulted in not much in the grand scheme of things. He should thank Sean Marks for even having a chance to earn as much money as he did.
Usually I sympathize with players in these cases, but this is ridiculous from Crabbe. How can you be pissed when we got you that amazing contract in the first place, then made a trade for you because we believed in you, only for you to let us down with your play And then we had to give up firsts to get rid of your expiring contract. Like c'mon.
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#80 » by IceManBK1 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 2:23 am

trae young/kevin huerter/crabbe that's a good 3 pt shooting trio.

Return to Brooklyn Nets