Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,588

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas III 

Post#661 » by DarkXaero » Thu Dec 6, 2018 10:13 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:They'll worry about that when he decides to turn down a supermax deal.
Of course, thats why its a hypothetical. It's also not impossible to turn down a supermax, when you really want to leave a team. Kawhi just did it with Spurs.

There were a dozen asterisks that you could put next to the lightly discussed SAS Supermax offer. They never officially offered Kawhi the Supemax. SAS wanted him to take a discount the way Duncan always had. That's what p!ssed him off & had him hold out.

Read on Twitter
[url]
https://ca.nba.com/news/kawhi-leonard-rumours-spurs-to-offer-supermax-contract-219-millon-dollar-report/159038yt4akfk14gmsf9pbhdl7[/url]
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,603

Post#662 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Dec 7, 2018 12:45 am

DarkXaero wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Of course, thats why its a hypothetical. It's also not impossible to turn down a supermax, when you really want to leave a team. Kawhi just did it with Spurs.

There were a dozen asterisks that you could put next to the lightly discussed SAS Supermax offer. They never officially offered Kawhi the Supemax. SAS wanted him to take a discount the way Duncan always had. That's what p!ssed him off & had him hold out.

Read on Twitter
[url]
https://ca.nba.com/news/kawhi-leonard-rumours-spurs-to-offer-supermax-contract-219-millon-dollar-report/159038yt4akfk14gmsf9pbhdl7[/url]

That doesn't say they were offering a stipulation free supermax. It also came out after the rift started.
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#663 » by DarkXaero » Fri Dec 7, 2018 1:39 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:There were a dozen asterisks that you could put next to the lightly discussed SAS Supermax offer. They never officially offered Kawhi the Supemax. SAS wanted him to take a discount the way Duncan always had. That's what p!ssed him off & had him hold out.

Read on Twitter
[url]

That doesn't say they were offering a stipulation free supermax. It also came out after the rift started.
There is no reliable source saying that Spurs weren't going to offer Kawhi a supermax. Kawhi most certainly had the opportunity to get a supermax as a Spur, but instead he wanted nothing to do with the Spurs, and spent his entire time away from the team/FO. The rift was never about not getting a supermax, it was about other things.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#664 » by Paradise » Fri Dec 7, 2018 2:08 am

This is pretty awesome. This is what actual Nets fans are about.

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,280

Post#665 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Dec 7, 2018 9:08 pm

I heard Stephen A say that the Clippers could have enough flexibility to sign Durant and Leonard in the offseason.

If the Clippers are going to let Harris walk I think the Nets need to offer him a deal. He would put up crazy numbers in this system and solves our problem at SF or PF.

Pray we luck into that #1 pick and can land Zion. We'll be in serious business.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,603

Post#666 » by TheNetsFan » Sun Dec 9, 2018 3:28 pm

I don't trust Sheridan, but if any of this is true, you wonder if he'll stay even if they're the top team.

https://www.getmoresports.com/kawhi-leonard-next-team-raptors-lakers-knicks-nets-clippers/
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#667 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Dec 9, 2018 3:57 pm

Chris Sheridan? No thanks.

IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#668 » by IceManBK1 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:04 am

Lakers looking for a 3rd team to trade for Ariza with the suns by unloading kcp. How about we trade dinweedi to suns and get mikal bridges and take on exp k of kcp? Suns need play making PG.
Mikal bridges has 7'1 wingspan. If he could play the same way in college he would be our 3D guy. Kcp contract expires after this year. We don't have to resign him. But he could hold down fort at SG before Levert comes back.
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#669 » by shakendfries » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:56 am

IceManBK1 wrote:Lakers looking for a 3rd team to trade for Ariza with the suns by unloading kcp. How about we trade dinweedi to suns and get mikal bridges and take on exp k of kcp? Suns need play making PG.
Mikal bridges has 7'1 wingspan. If he could play the same way in college he would be our 3D guy. Kcp contract expires after this year. We don't have to resign him. But he could hold down fort at SG before Levert comes back.

KCP, for some inexplicable reason, has a no-trade clause in his contract. If the Nets trade for him, I don't think we'd plan on re-signing him, which his agent will likely vouch for
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#670 » by DarkXaero » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:15 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Chris Sheridan? No thanks.
Sheridan is garbage, but those Kawhi quotes are real, and it doesn't seem like he's particularly impressed with Toronto.
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#671 » by IceManBK1 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:26 am

shakendfries wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:Lakers looking for a 3rd team to trade for Ariza with the suns by unloading kcp. How about we trade dinweedi to suns and get mikal bridges and take on exp k of kcp? Suns need play making PG.

KCP, for some inexplicable reason, has a no-trade clause in his contract. If the Nets trade for him, I don't think we'd plan on re-signing him, which his agent will likely vouch for

Nets top priority FA should be a PF. I think Clippers will do everything to retain Tobias Harris. As for Randle, he'll definitely decline his PO to get a bigger contract. I"d be ok if we end up signing KCP and Randle. If KCP takes sth like 12mil/yr and Randle takes 15/mil yr. Move Levert to SF and we have a team. I hope Crabbe declines his PO too he's way overpaid for limited production.
Dlo
KCP
Levert
Randle
Allen

Resign napier and davis
napier
harris
crabbe
bridges
davis
shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#672 » by shakendfries » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:55 am

IceManBK1 wrote:
shakendfries wrote:

Nets top priority FA should be a PF. I think Clippers will do everything to retain Tobias Harris. As for Randle, he'll definitely decline his PO to get a bigger contract. I"d be ok if we end up signing KCP and Randle. If KCP takes sth like 12mil/yr and Randle takes 15/mil yr. Move Levert to SF and we have a team. I hope Crabbe declines his PO too he's way overpaid for limited production.
Dlo
KCP
Levert
Randle
Allen

Resign napier and davis
napier
harris
crabbe
bridges
davis

but we've already seen a Dlo KCP Randle lineup...and it was trash.
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#673 » by IceManBK1 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:06 am

shakendfries wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:
shakendfries wrote:

Dlo
KCP
Levert
Randle
Allen

Resign napier and davis
napier
harris
crabbe
bridges
davis

kcp never played with dlo..he played with lonzo ball
randle plays alot smarter now. clearly better as a starter. last 4 or 5 games putting up allstar numbers. kcp could be our 2D guys and Randle's d is very underrated and he's a beast at attacking the rim and rebounding. we have too many spot up shooters; guys who can't create their own offense. we need better role players and randle could be atleast 18 and 10 guy.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#674 » by Trader_Joe » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:15 am

Don't really want KCP, and definitely not long term.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#675 » by shakendfries » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:16 am

IceManBK1 wrote:
shakendfries wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:
Dlo
KCP
Levert
Randle
Allen

Resign napier and davis
napier
harris
crabbe
bridges
davis

randle plays alot smarter now. clearly better as a starter. last 4 or 5 games putting up allstar numbers. kcp could be our 2D guys and Randle's d is very underrated and he's a beast at attacking the rim and rebounding. we have too many spot up shooters; guys who can't create their own offense. we need better role players and randle could be atleast 18 and 10 guy.

kcp literally does nothing better than allen crabbe.
ImageImage

Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#676 » by Trader_Joe » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:28 am

Current FA wish list...

Leonard
Durant
Harris
Butler
Walker
Middleton

Ideally 2.
Why not...

Dump Russell, RHJ, Crabbe for cap.
Resign Napier and Davis.

Dinwiddie l Napier
LeVert l Harris
Kawhi l Musa
Durant l Kurucs
Allen l Davis
+
2019 1st
NYK 2nd
Ring chasing vets.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#677 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:29 am

The Phoenix Suns would have to accept Carroll and Dinwiddie for KCP and Bridges to get this done.

I'm not against it if Marks decides that its the best move. We get a young wing prospect and an expiring, and one less free agent to resign.

but for F*cks sake, please spell Dinwiddie's name right. every time you post that dumb ass alternate spelling its annoying af . stop trolling. seriously. Every time you post that "dinweedi" crap you come across as being ignorant as ****

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#678 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:33 am

Trader_Joe wrote:Current FA wish list...

Leonard
Durant
Harris
Butler
Walker
Middleton

Ideally 2.
Why not...

Resign Napier and Davis.

Dinwiddie l Napier
LeVert l Harris
Kawhi l Musa
Durant l Kurucs
Allen l Davis
+
2019 1st
NYK 2nd
Ring chasing vets.

let me help you here.

Leonard
Durant
Harris
Butler
Walker
Middleton

Take your pick. Kevin Durant and Kawhi Leonard aren't coming to the Nets. I dunno why yall do this to yourselves.

and most likely, we aren't dumping Russell, RHJ, or Crabbe for cap. You're not dumping Crabbe without losing an asset. Russell and RHJ both could be resigned over the cap after the fact depending on what happens in free agency.

Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#679 » by Trader_Joe » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:35 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:Current FA wish list...

Leonard
Durant
Harris
Butler
Walker
Middleton

Ideally 2.
Why not...

Resign Napier and Davis.

Dinwiddie l Napier
LeVert l Harris
Kawhi l Musa
Durant l Kurucs
Allen l Davis
+
2019 1st
NYK 2nd
Ring chasing vets.

let me help you here.

Leonard
Durant
Harris
Butler
Walker
Middleton

Take your pick. Kevin Durant and Kawhi Leonard aren't coming to the Nets. I dunno why yall do this to yourselves.

and most likely, we aren't dumping Russell, RHJ, or Crabbe for cap. You're not dumping Crabbe without losing an asset. Russell and RHJ both could be resigned over the cap after the fact depending on what happens in free agency.

A guy can dream.
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#680 » by IceManBK1 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:37 am

shakendfries wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:
shakendfries wrote:

kcp literally does nothing better than allen crabbe.

kcp is better defender.

Return to Brooklyn Nets