ImageImageImageImageImage

WOJ BOMB: Nets trade Crabbe, #17, ‘20 1st to Hawks for Taurean Prince, 2021 2nd

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Nebkreb11
Sophomore
And1: 48

Re: WOJ BOMB: Nets trade Crabbe, #17, ‘20 1st to Hawks for Taurean Prince, 2021 2nd 

Post#81 » by Nebkreb11 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 2:27 am

Hey all, finally made my way here.
1) I like the trade - I think it worked for both teams. We're essentially assuming Prince in replacement for our #17 pick this year, and he'll replace Carroll in the rotation. The 1st next year will in all likelihood be in the high teens/low 20s. Not a big deal.
2) I really don't want Kyrie. He just ruins the whole culture and vibe we have. I wouldn't like rooting for him. I don't know if this is likely, but I'd prefer to max KD and bring back DLo. DLo/Harris/Levert/KD/Allen is a nice starting set - four scorers, four guys who can shoot from 3 around JA. Two primary ball handlers in DLo/KD with Levert also very capable. Durant and Levert are both plus defenders. The bench would be lead by Kurucs, Prince, Dinwiddie. I do wonder if they decide to trade Dinwiddie at some point - he's a great guy and I'd miss him, but if we're gonna be max-ing our PG (whether it's Kyrie or DLo), I don't think they'll like having the backup PG highly paid.

Either way, I trust in Marks. If he brings in Kyrie despite the worries about his personality, I trust that Marks and Atkinson believe they can get him to lead this team, and buy in to the culture.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,501

Re: WOJ BOMB: Nets trade Crabbe, #17, ‘20 1st to Hawks for Taurean Prince, 2021 2nd 

Post#82 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 7, 2019 2:33 am

viewtopic.php?p=75926715#p75926715

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

why are Knick fans so bitter? It's as if that fanbase had some sense of entitlement for months while the Nets kept grinding, developing young players, refusing to tank, and continued to make shrewd moves to set themselves up to be in a position to be a legitimate destination for free agents. Meanwhile, the Knicks (or at least their fans...Knicks management imo has been the best I've seen it in years w/ Perry in charge) just thought by doing the bare minimum the free agents would come running to the Garden.

I don't know what will happen a few weeks from now, but I'll tell you this. a lot of knicks fans got gassed by NY sports media and radio about how everything supposedly revolves around The Knicks, and now when reality is starting to set in people start acting like brats.

BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,677

Post#83 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 7, 2019 2:39 am

JoseRizal wrote:Isn’t this too much of an overpay? 2 firsts for Crabbe? Would’ve preferred sending the 27th instead. Now my excitement in the draft just went kapoot!

But knowing Marks, I trust that he has commitments already by doing this as this move takes us out of the AD sweepstakes...

its not 2 picks to dump crabbe... prince is a really solid player. Prince is basically a 24 year old version Demarre Carrol.

i think 17 is a bit steep to dump crabbe, but we did dump 100% of him. id have prefered we move 27. i think 17 was a small overpay, but again, getting prince is big. he is the perfect carroll replacement and still on his rookie deal.

I'd assume we are in play for 2 max guys. maybe kyrie and butler?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#84 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 7, 2019 2:42 am

TheNetsFan wrote:From what little I’ve seen on Twitter, I think pundits are sleeping on Prince. He’s a sneaky good system fit.

he is demmare carroll reincarnated. built from the same mold as jae crowder. solid young role player and elite system fit. i love prince, his game and his grit. he is a net type player for sure
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#85 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 7, 2019 2:44 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:From what little I’ve seen on Twitter, I think pundits are sleeping on Prince. He’s a sneaky good system fit.

Prince shot 39% from downtown last season on decent volume. He's also 6'8 220+. He is a perfect fit in this system

now tell me about our new cap situation :nod:

Cap wise, I think we’re out of the AD trade market.

My gut is Marks thinks we’re getting Kyrie and KD or Kyrie, DLo and Harris. Option 1 means DLo is gone. Option 2 means Dinwiddie. After waiving Napier and Graham, we should be about $48mil in space. I can check later tonight.

dont forget about butler... mutual interest there
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#86 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 7, 2019 2:50 am

MGrand15 wrote:Prince is actually a solid wing - only reason I see us giving up the 2nd 1st rounder. He's been at 38-39% from 3 for the last 2 years on good volume. He's a big-ish wing with a 7 foot wing span. ATL didn't seem sold on his defense or decision making but I think he'll fit well with us. ATL's roster was tough the last few years for a guy like him.

I'm sure part of the thinking is that one of our picks this year might stay overseas or in the G-League for the year - effectively giving us a 1st rounder next year. With the 31st pick, we basically have a 2nd late 1st. It's not the same but it softens the blow. Whether the team is good or bad, it's important to keep the young guys coming in.

Does this legit give us enough money for 2 maxes? (non-KD) Can we still resign Dudley, Carroll, Davis to reasonable deals? Or does this move just give us the money for 1 max?

Assuming we renounce everyone but Dlo (RHJ, Carroll, napier, davis, graham, dudley) we are left with 46.5 million in cap space. that is right there for 2 max deals for a palyer with less then 10 years in the league (anyone but KD)

we could easily move dinwiddie to create more space.

the other thing to keep in mind, is if 2 guys want to team up here, they could take a few million less then their max. we saw it with the heat when they signed lebron and bosh.

to me this is a clear sign marks thinks kyrie is a lock and he has a leg up on butler, harris, kawhi, or durant
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#87 » by GTR11 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 2:50 am

Lmao y'all guys really had day on GM board. I know my Knix boys kind of salty right now after missing on Zion and FA thing ain't looking good, but c'mon job ain't done here yet.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#88 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 7, 2019 2:52 am

bud29 wrote:Yeah, we're not keeping Prince past this season. Will play some good ball for us though, he's a great fit.

of course we will keep him
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,509

Post#89 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Jun 7, 2019 2:53 am

Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,509

Post#90 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Jun 7, 2019 2:57 am

This is really exciting stuff, cannot tell a lie.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#91 » by GTR11 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 2:58 am

Also one more thing about Kyrie. He gets a lot of bad rep about how he handles himself and all, but didn't we get D.LO with bad rep as well? I mean his GM called him a weak minded and questioning his leadership. Look who's laughs now. I guess we'll find out in a near future, if anything I got my Corona and TV ready for the next season.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#92 » by MGrand15 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 2:59 am

Prokorov wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:Prince is actually a solid wing - only reason I see us giving up the 2nd 1st rounder. He's been at 38-39% from 3 for the last 2 years on good volume. He's a big-ish wing with a 7 foot wing span. ATL didn't seem sold on his defense or decision making but I think he'll fit well with us. ATL's roster was tough the last few years for a guy like him.

I'm sure part of the thinking is that one of our picks this year might stay overseas or in the G-League for the year - effectively giving us a 1st rounder next year. With the 31st pick, we basically have a 2nd late 1st. It's not the same but it softens the blow. Whether the team is good or bad, it's important to keep the young guys coming in.

Does this legit give us enough money for 2 maxes? (non-KD) Can we still resign Dudley, Carroll, Davis to reasonable deals? Or does this move just give us the money for 1 max?

Assuming we renounce everyone but Dlo (RHJ, Carroll, napier, davis, graham, dudley) we are left with 46.5 million in cap space. that is right there for 2 max deals for a palyer with less then 10 years in the league (anyone but KD)

the other thing to keep in mind, is if 2 guys want to team up here, they could take a few million less then their max. we saw it with the heat when they signed lebron and bosh.

to me this is a clear sign marks thinks kyrie is a lock and he has a leg up on butler, harris, kawhi, or durant

Damn so technically we can sign 2 max guys, keep Russell, and just fill the roster with our draft picks + veteran minimum guys?

If that's in play, we could throw out a REALLY talented and young squad out there.
drchaos
Rookie
And1: 421

Post#93 » by drchaos » Fri Jun 7, 2019 3:08 am

Prokorov wrote:

Since we most likely have to move one of Dinwiddle or Harris we could actually keep both Napier and Graham while giving both Kyrie and KD the max (and keep # 27).

The math is tight but it works.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,410

Post#94 » by wco81 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 3:09 am

Nets have a lot of wings. Presumably they renounce Hollis Jefferson, who didn't really pan out (career 22% from 3).

But don't they need a center? Someone who won't get trucked by players like Embid?
drchaos
Rookie
And1: 421

Post#95 » by drchaos » Fri Jun 7, 2019 3:10 am

Prokorov wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prince shot 39% from downtown last season on decent volume. He's also 6'8 220+. He is a perfect fit in this system

now tell me about our new cap situation :nod:

Cap wise, I think we’re out of the AD trade market.

My gut is Marks thinks we’re getting Kyrie and KD or Kyrie, DLo and Harris. Option 1 means DLo is gone. Option 2 means Dinwiddie. After waiving Napier and Graham, we should be about $48mil in space. I can check later tonight.

dont forget about butler... mutual interest there

Jimmy Butler and Klay Thompson would do wonders for our defense while giving us the option of keeping Harris AND Dinwiddle.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#96 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 7, 2019 3:11 am

wco81 wrote:Nets have a lot of wings. Presumably they renounce Hollis Jefferson, who didn't really pan out (career 22% from 3).

But don't they need a center? Someone who won't get trucked by players like Embid?

marks is rumored to draft a center
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,410

Post#97 » by wco81 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 3:12 am

Didn't you just trade away your FRP?

Or did they trade future first round picks?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#98 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 7, 2019 3:13 am

MGrand15 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Damn so technically we can sign 2 max guys, keep Russell, and just fill the roster with our draft picks + veteran minimum guys?

If that's in play, we could throw out a REALLY talented and young squad out there.

yes alot of options:

Kyrie + KD (would mean no russell)

kyrie and butler/kawhi/harris (would mean we keep Russell)

there is also a path to Dlo/Kyrie/KD if KD/Kyrie take a few million less and we dump dinwiddie
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#99 » by gigantes » Fri Jun 7, 2019 3:35 am

Prokorov wrote:dont forget about butler... mutual interest there

But... what would be the point of committing a huge long-term contract to Jimmy Butler?

He's much older than the core and clearly wants to win right now. He's also got a tonne of wear, and is statistically ready for a steady fall-off. Not to mention when he's not happy about his situation... hohboy.

IMO it makes a lot of sense for Philly to go all-in and retain Butler, confident that their core can take it further in coming years. It makes -SO- much less sense for the Nets to sign him...
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#100 » by kamaze » Fri Jun 7, 2019 4:29 am

2 first round picks for cap space? I'm having a Billy King flashback and it's giving me a headache.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton

Return to Brooklyn Nets