"Around the NBA": 2020-21 Season Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,669

Re: "Around the NBA": 2020-21 Season Thread 

Post#901 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Aug 2, 2021 5:40 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Nope. **** Giannis, **** the Bucks, **** the city of Milwaukee, **** their fans.

If the Nets had beaten the Bucks because KD or Kyrie undercut Giannis causing him to be out for the series with injury, people would have been calling for their heads. Yall are way too nice about this. I cannot wait for the season to begin so we can crush them and everyone else.

Alot of their fans were ok. self loathing pessmimists... i can relate that being a net fan for 35 years.

Also props to Jrue and Middleton. those guys earned it

Giannis is still a choker flawed player to me

I've got no issues with Jrue, Middleton, Brook etc. PJ Tucker I can respect because he is a dog.

I just have no respect for Giannis at all after what he did. If they beat us straight up without him pulling that crap, fine. But that wasn't the case at all. And yet, it still took them everything they had to put us away with no Kyrie and Harden on one leg. They are frauds.

And then for him to continue to passive aggressively talk trash after the fact about how he didn't have a "superteam" and he did things "the right way"....get the hell out of here. He makes it seems like he was playing with a pack of scrubs.

He's feeling himself now...good for him. KD, Harden, and Kyrie aren't going to take this lying down.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,429

Post#902 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Aug 2, 2021 8:21 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Nope. **** Giannis, **** the Bucks, **** the city of Milwaukee, **** their fans.

If the Nets had beaten the Bucks because KD or Kyrie undercut Giannis causing him to be out for the series with injury, people would have been calling for their heads. Yall are way too nice about this. I cannot wait for the season to begin so we can crush them and everyone else.

Alot of their fans were ok. self loathing pessmimists... i can relate that being a net fan for 35 years.

I've got no issues with Jrue, Middleton, Brook etc. PJ Tucker I can respect because he is a dog.

I just have no respect for Giannis at all after what he did. If they beat us straight up without him pulling that crap, fine. But that wasn't the case at all. And yet, it still took them everything they had to put us away with no Kyrie and Harden on one leg. They are frauds.

And then for him to continue to passive aggressively talk trash after the fact about how he didn't have a "superteam" and he did things "the right way"....get the hell out of here. He makes it seems like he was playing with a pack of scrubs.

He's feeling himself now...good for him. KD, Harden, and Kyrie aren't going to take this lying down.

Yeah, I really think that you have to have played competitively at some level, too really appreciate how "extra" Giannis' box-out was on Kyrie.

We don't need to rehash it, but the play was outside the normal bounds of basketball, even if you're really hustling. To get underneath a shooter from one side, and injure the ankle on the opposite side of him means you literally planted yourself underneath his entire airspace in .004 seconds. Kyrie was never not going to at least fall hard, and injury was a likely outcome if not the outright goal. That's a jobber play.

Irving was cooking Milwaukee to start that game, and James was about to return. Giannis needed something to stem the tide in order not to go down 0-3 at home, lose his coach, fanbase and potentially his legacy. It is a real Sliding Doors moment.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#903 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Aug 2, 2021 8:44 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Yeah, I really think that you have to have played competitively at some level, too really appreciate how "extra" Giannis' box-out was on Kyrie.

We don't need to rehash it, but the play was outside the normal bounds of basketball, even if you're really hustling. To get underneath a shooter from one side, and injure the ankle on the opposite side of him means you literally planted yourself underneath his entire airspace in .004 seconds. Kyrie was never not going to at least fall hard, and injury was a likely outcome if not the outright goal. That's a jobber play.

Irving was cooking Milwaukee to start that game, and James was about to return. Giannis needed something to stem the tide in order not to go down 0-3 at home, lose his coach, fanbase and potentially his legacy. It is a real Sliding Doors moment.

You box out players on the floor to get in position. You don't box out guys in mid air coming down from a lay up. This is grade school stuff, if you do that out on the street, you'd better know how to defend yourself. There's just certain things you don't do during a basketball because at the end of the day, while it's a sport, you're not trying to hurt someone....unless you are. To me, Giannis was trying to knock Kyrie on his ass and it paid off for him...which makes his self righteous, "I am Giannis the hard worker, I did things the right way!" garbage even more nauseating.

If that was a freak accident play I wouldn't be upset at all, guys sprain their ankles all the time, but he literally boxed out Kyrie in mid air. That should have been a flagrant 1 at minimum but the refs didn't start calling the game straight until Joe Harris busted open Pat Connaughton's face....at which point, Giannis went over to get in Harris' face about it, which was inexplicable to me considering what he had done to Kyrie.

That's why I say we need a goon on our squad.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#904 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Aug 2, 2021 8:46 pm

Read on Twitter

Well deserved. that is life changing money that will bring Jarrett and his family generational wealth. Couldn't happen to a better guy.

gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#905 » by gigantes » Tue Aug 3, 2021 10:16 pm

Prokorov wrote:Alot of their fans were ok. self loathing pessmimists... i can relate that being a net fan for 35 years.

I get the natural outrage, yeah. IIRC, you two were indeed a couple of the loudest voices saying that the Nets were a CHIP-level team with the big two, even before we got Harden!

Like I said before, I was dead-wrong about all that. Like, even without the Beard having to play ridiculous-heavy minutes (thanks Nash, thanks Kyrie), almost inevitably getting an injury, a healthy KD & Kyrie plus our cast would indeed been enough to cruise IMHO.

Like, can you imagine Kyrie not getting injured like that, allowing the Beard to come back all that much fresher for whenever we needed him...?

And yet... all our logic is just...
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,677

Post#906 » by Prokorov » Wed Aug 4, 2021 12:49 am

Knicks fans salty AF

Around the NBA - Offseason Trades and Trashing the Nets and Stuff
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2108045

hating on the nets and lying to themselves their team is on the upswing... 9 pages later self loathing and cursing their ownership/GM.

Knicks gonna Knick.

i thought world wide wes was supposed to bring in stars or something? as much as miami and lakers building is annoying, watching the knicks and boston implode is fun.
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#907 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 8:44 am

Prokorov wrote:Knicks fans salty AF

hating on the nets and lying to themselves their team is on the upswing... 9 pages later self loathing and cursing their ownership/GM.

Knicks gonna Knick.

i thought world wide wes was supposed to bring in stars or something? as much as miami and lakers building is annoying, watching the knicks and boston implode is fun.

Their big acquisition was Evan Fournier. Say that out loud. We hunted him like he stole something in the postseason, abusing his defense almost every trip down the court. I can't wait to tear those dudes apart for fun.

P.S. We haven't even seen the cap clogging extension for Julius Randle yet, not to mention his inevitable regression as Thibs grinds his bones into dust with over usage.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#908 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Aug 4, 2021 12:08 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:

Knicks gonna Knick.

Their big acquisition was Evan Fournier. Say that out loud. We hunted him like he stole something in the postseason, abusing his defense almost every trip down the court. I can't wait to tear those dudes apart for fun.

P.S. We haven't even seen the cap clogging extension for Julius Randle yet, not to mention his inevitable regression as Thibs grinds his bones into dust with over usage.

The Hawks exposed Randle badly in the post season. The Knicks better pray RJ has a 3rd year break out or they are in serious trouble.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,677

Post#909 » by Prokorov » Wed Aug 4, 2021 2:53 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:

Knicks gonna Knick.

even worse, they added kemba. such a knicks move. get the broken down liability to pair with the other liability that just help the celtics get to a the play-in round. And knicks dont have tatum/brown/smart to help.

I was kind of interested to see them turn it around. they were doing some smart things... but right back to the steve francis eddy curry type idiot moves. what a dumpster fire.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#910 » by gigantes » Wed Aug 4, 2021 6:49 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:The Hawks exposed Randle badly in the post season. The Knicks better pray RJ has a 3rd year break out or they are in serious trouble.

What..?
You know Richard Jefferson is my hero in life, just to be clear, Bill.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#911 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Aug 4, 2021 8:15 pm

gigantes wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:The Hawks exposed Randle badly in the post season. The Knicks better pray RJ has a 3rd year break out or they are in serious trouble.

What..?
You know Richard Jefferson is my hero in life, just to be clear, Bill.

By RJ i mean Rowan Alexander Barrett Jr, aka RJ Barrett. :lol:

LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#912 » by LOUiS-D » Sat Aug 7, 2021 12:43 am

I'm still scratching my head as to how Charlotte doesn't tender a 23 year old 40% 3pt shooter an offer allowing him to become a UFA and then he signs for a vet min. WTF is that? Kid pisses his bird years up a wall.

Edit: looks like the hornets fans weren't too high on him :lol:

Hornets Fan 1 wrote:
Hornets Fan 2 wrote:How can you expect him to learn how to be a professional when he can’t even learn you should always iron a shirt before wearing it for the first time.

Read on Twitter

Nice crease lines…….idiot.

Snorty always came across as having a single digit IQ.

Great talent that lacked heart and brains.
ReddoverKobe
Head Coach
And1: 6,955

Post#913 » by ReddoverKobe » Sat Aug 7, 2021 2:22 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Ive never seen such delusion.
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#914 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Aug 7, 2021 4:19 am

ReddoverKobe wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Says the poster whose literal name is "Redd over Kobe". You can't make this stuff up, folks.
-- Steve Martin
ReddoverKobe
Head Coach

Post#915 » by ReddoverKobe » Sat Aug 7, 2021 4:22 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:
ReddoverKobe wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:Yeah, I really think that you have to have played competitively at some level, too really appreciate how "extra" Giannis' box-out was on Kyrie.

Says the poster whose literal name is "Redd over Kobe". You can't make this stuff up, folks.

Inside joke. I dont actually think that. As for the other guy though imagine thinking Giannis hurt kyrie on purpose then dropping 4 out 5 and losing at home in game 7. Thats a whole lot of copium.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#916 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Aug 7, 2021 4:57 am

ReddoverKobe wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:
ReddoverKobe wrote:

Inside joke. I dont actually think that. As for the other guy though imagine thinking Giannis hurt kyrie on purpose then dropping 4 out 5 and losing at home in game 7. Thats a whole lot of copium.

If you really felt like that, you'd be quiet and go about your business. Instead, you felt the need to scratch the itch to respond here because deep down, you know what happened was a load of BS.

GFYS.

ReddoverKobe
Head Coach

Post#917 » by ReddoverKobe » Sat Aug 7, 2021 5:31 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
ReddoverKobe wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:Says the poster whose literal name is "Redd over Kobe". You can't make this stuff up, folks.

If you really felt like that, you'd be quiet and go about your business. Instead, you felt the need to scratch the itch to respond here because deep down, you know what happened was a load of BS.

GFYS.

Classy. After your delusional post I'm not shocked though. Ill see my self out and leave you to your tears. Plus I need to check on a package, bucks 2021 NBA title shirt coming.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#918 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Aug 7, 2021 10:45 am

ReddoverKobe wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
ReddoverKobe wrote:

GFYS.

Classy. After your delusional post I'm not shocked though. Ill see my self out and leave you to your tears. Plus I need to check on a package, bucks 2021 NBA title shirt coming.

You're coming on our board talking sh*t, what do you expect?

Your team won and yet you're on here worried what Nets fans are saying about how they won. Enjoy the insecurity surrounding your team's bogus title run when half the league was injured :lol: you know your team is a pack of frauds, that's why you're mad.

ReddoverKobe
Head Coach

Post#919 » by ReddoverKobe » Sat Aug 7, 2021 2:12 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
ReddoverKobe wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

GFYS.

Your team won and yet you're on here worried what Nets fans are saying about how they won. Enjoy the insecurity surrounding your team's bogus title run when half the league was injured :lol: you know your team is a pack of frauds, that's why you're mad.

Whos mad? I mean besides trash who tell people to kill themselves over sports? Get a mental health check man, that is not normal.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#920 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Aug 7, 2021 3:01 pm

ReddoverKobe wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
ReddoverKobe wrote:

Whos mad? I mean besides trash who tell people to kill themselves over sports? Get a mental health check man, that is not normal.

I thought you said you were done? :lol: insecurity is a bitch I see.

Return to Brooklyn Nets