ImageImageImageImageImage

All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,768

Re: All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread 

Post#1121 » by Karate Diop » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:28 pm

Wiltside wrote:Interesting offseason in Brooklyn - Marks has been making moves, and I gotta say, I like them. Looking forward to watching D-Lo go HAM this year.

Questions for Nets fans:
- What does Atkinson do about the starting back-court?
- Can one of the 'long shot' guards/wings pay off? (LeVert, Whitehead etc)
- Does Jarrett Allen earn time this season?
- Can RHJ elevate to elite defender status?

We've written up some thoughts on the Nets offseason, would value your feedback if you're interested in having a read: https://thefourpointplay.blog/2017/10/05/nba-nets-season-preview/

- Starting backcourt is Lin and Russell, there's no real controversy here. The Nets will play fast and use a deep rotation (they're still in the developmental phase despite the optimism / hope) so guys will be constantly shuffled around.

- Like the poster before me I don't consider LeVert a long shot. Remember he was a lottery level talent that fell because of injury concerns... As for Whitehead, he's going to be buried on the depth chart barring injury.

- Yes. The Nets will eventually see what they have in Allen, it might not happen until the second quarter of the season but the Nets don't have the depth or size to not end up playing Allen.

- With so many other poor defenders on the team Rondae's individual defensive impact is hard to gauge...
2k15
Pro Prospect
And1: 193

Post#1122 » by 2k15 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:07 pm

is it game day yet?
bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#1123 » by bulliedog8 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:09 pm

How is Jarrett Allen looking? Does he have potential to be the center of the future? How is his D? His length is nice
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#1124 » by Ror1997 » Fri Nov 3, 2017 8:35 pm

Ror1997 wrote:Here's the actual uniform, but hopefully the wordmark gets changed. The Brooklyn bridge on the side panels is lit tho

Read on Twitter

Conrad Burry (Woj of Uniforms) 100% confirmed this to be our 4th uniform.
phnart
Junior
And1: 435

Post#1125 » by phnart » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:25 pm

What are you guys hearing about DLO? How long is he going to be out? Kid is a stud!
The moon is a ufo.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#1126 » by Paradise » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:00 pm

phnart wrote:What are you guys hearing about DLO? How long is he going to be out? Kid is a stud!

January/February most likely.
twosevenstreet
Senior
And1: 168

Post#1127 » by twosevenstreet » Tue Dec 5, 2017 2:46 pm

Spread Em and Dead em.
-Sad DLO is gone
-Allen will become LobCity DJ
-Kyrie will be top 3 for MVP if we get to 50+ wins, he will average 27ppg, 7apg, shooting 50-40-90
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#1128 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Dec 5, 2017 5:52 pm

There's nothing wrong except the tone of the article. There is a long way to go. It's much easier to go from 20 to 30 wins then it is to go from 30 to 40 or 40 to 50. We're not going to be come a contending team by simply developing late first rounders & G-League players. At some point we need to land All-Star+ level talent, and that's the hardest thing to do. Our cap space will have a shelf life, and if we continue to improve, when we finally control our picks, they may be outside the top 10.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,546

Post#1129 » by NYG » Wed Dec 6, 2017 12:47 am

Guerschon Yabusele and Shane Larkin for Quincy Acy (or Sean Kilpatrick if preferred by Brooklyn) and 2018 Toronto Raptors First Round Draft Pick?
UTJazzFan_Echo1
Lead Assistant
And1: 279

Post#1130 » by UTJazzFan_Echo1 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:22 pm

Moved to trade thread.
Jerry Sloan >>>>>>>> Everything else.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#1131 » by SpeedyG » Tue Jan 9, 2018 1:50 pm

By the way, for those talking as if wins don't matter and it's all about "development", take listen to Din after Raptors loss. Developing is key, yes. But you also need to see that rewarded in wins
And losing while doing the right things? Isn't easy to shrug off when you have the most competitive people on earth fighting like he'll to win.
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread 

Post#1132 » by getrichordie » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:55 am

Hey OKC fan here. Just wanted to pop in and ask what you guys think about Spencer Dinwiddie. What’s his trade value with both Lin and Russell eventually coming back? What is Marks hoping to get out of a piece like Dinwiddie or is he part of the future going forward?

Stauskas?

Fun fact: I suggested OKC trade for Dinwiddie this offseason before this crazy “breakout” season of his.

- Sent from my iPhone.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Re: All Things 

Post#1133 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:05 pm

getrichordie wrote:Hey OKC fan here. Just wanted to pop in and ask what you guys think about Spencer Dinwiddie. What’s his trade value with both Lin and Russell eventually coming back? What is Marks hoping to get out of a piece like Dinwiddie or is he part of the future going forward?

Stauskas?

Fun fact: I suggested OKC trade for Dinwiddie this offseason before this crazy “breakout” season of his.

- Sent from my iPhone.
Lin is out & Din is in. Dinwiddie's trade value would likely require a pick in the early to mid teens or taking on Mozgov's deal to even start a conversation. He, DLo and LeVert are the likely guard rotation of the future.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#1134 » by getrichordie » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:38 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
getrichordie wrote:Hey OKC fan here. Just wanted to pop in and ask what you guys think about Spencer Dinwiddie. What’s his trade value with both Lin and Russell eventually coming back? What is Marks hoping to get out of a piece like Dinwiddie or is he part of the future going forward?

Stauskas?

- Sent from my iPhone.
Lin is out & Din is in. Dinwiddie's trade value would likely require a pick in the early to mid teens or taking on Mozgov's deal to even start a conversation. He, DLo and LeVert are the likely guard rotation of the future.

Good to know. So what is BKN's plans moving forward? Get veterans to surround Russell, Dinwiddie, and LeVert and help them grow as players or are you still looking for young players? I think you guys definitely need a stretch 4 and that's something that I would be trying hard to obtain if I'm BKN.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#1135 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:50 pm

getrichordie wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:

Stauskas?

- Sent from my iPhone.

Good to know. So what is BKN's plans moving forward? Get veterans to surround Russell, Dinwiddie, and LeVert and help them grow as players or are you still looking for young players? I think you guys definitely need a stretch 4 and that's something that I would be trying hard to obtain if I'm BKN.
Stretch 4 is by far the biggest need, although Marks has stated that we're still in talent acquisition mode. He'll likely continue to trade vets and expirings for picks, and eventually try to put together some combination of the young guys, cap space and picks to land high level talent. We're trying to manufacture assets through cap space & development. I expect guys like Carroll & Harris will eventually get moved for picks.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,366

Post#1136 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:30 am

Was at a local Burlington Coat Factory looking for a pair of sandals for vacation and guess what I snag?

A pair of authentic Adidas Brooklyn Nets road shorts... for $20 bucks!

Booyah!
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Mkdaman1818
Sixth Man
And1: 1,101

Post#1137 » by Mkdaman1818 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:53 pm

Oh jeez, how does anyone think these look good? And we debut these against the Knicks...

Read on Twitter
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#1138 » by Keith Van Horn » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:29 pm

Mkdaman1818 wrote:Oh jeez, how does anyone think these look good? And we debut these against the Knicks...

Read on Twitter

they're so bland. Not much creativity at all. Love the concept behind the Knicks ones though.

Why couldn't they do "The Borough" or "King's County" across the chest, with some color variant? Meh, at least I'm liking the progress I see on the court.

Side note - has anyone ever ordered from Flatbush & Atlantic? They have some dope shirts and I'd like to get 1 or 2, but if they're crummy quality then I'll pass.

https://www.flatbushandatlantic.com/shop
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,366

Post#1139 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:51 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:
Mkdaman1818 wrote:Oh jeez, how does anyone think these look good? And we debut these against the Knicks...

Read on Twitter

they're so bland. Not much creativity at all. Love the concept behind the Knicks ones though.

Why couldn't they do "The Borough" or "King's County" across the chest, with some color variant? Meh, at least I'm liking the progress I see on the court.

Side note - has anyone ever ordered from Flatbush & Atlantic? They have some dope shirts and I'd like to get 1 or 2, but if they're crummy quality then I'll pass.

I've been thinking about ordering a few from them too, there's some really dope designs on there.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Mkdaman1818
Sixth Man
And1: 1,101

Post#1140 » by Mkdaman1818 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:00 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:

Read on Twitter

Yeah I would have loved a jersey based on the nypd shield logo, similar to how the Knicks did theirs based on the NY fire department. Both teams repping the police and fire departments on their city jerseys...

Flatbush and Atlantic is the real deal. This is my fav design on there, some really sweet designs on there

Return to Brooklyn Nets