Wiltside wrote:Interesting offseason in Brooklyn - Marks has been making moves, and I gotta say, I like them. Looking forward to watching D-Lo go HAM this year.
Questions for Nets fans:
- What does Atkinson do about the starting back-court?
- Can one of the 'long shot' guards/wings pay off? (LeVert, Whitehead etc)
- Does Jarrett Allen earn time this season?
- Can RHJ elevate to elite defender status?
We've written up some thoughts on the Nets offseason, would value your feedback if you're interested in having a read: https://thefourpointplay.blog/2017/10/05/nba-nets-season-preview/
- Starting backcourt is Lin and Russell, there's no real controversy here. The Nets will play fast and use a deep rotation (they're still in the developmental phase despite the optimism / hope) so guys will be constantly shuffled around.
- Like the poster before me I don't consider LeVert a long shot. Remember he was a lottery level talent that fell because of injury concerns... As for Whitehead, he's going to be buried on the depth chart barring injury.
- Yes. The Nets will eventually see what they have in Allen, it might not happen until the second quarter of the season but the Nets don't have the depth or size to not end up playing Allen.
- With so many other poor defenders on the team Rondae's individual defensive impact is hard to gauge...