ImageImageImageImageImage

All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, jerseyjac, Rich Rane

User avatar
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
Posts: 48,082
And1: 2,148
Joined: May 30, 2005
Location: New Jeruz
Contact:
     

Re: All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread 

Post#1141 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:16 pm

Mkdaman1818 wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:
Mkdaman1818 wrote:Oh jeez, how does anyone think these look good? And we debut these against the Knicks...

Read on Twitter

they're so bland. Not much creativity at all. Love the concept behind the Knicks ones though.

Why couldn't they do "The Borough" or "King's County" across the chest, with some color variant? Meh, at least I'm liking the progress I see on the court.



Side note - has anyone ever ordered from Flatbush & Atlantic? They have some dope shirts and I'd like to get 1 or 2, but if they're crummy quality then I'll pass.

https://www.flatbushandatlantic.com/shop

Yeah I would have loved a jersey based on the nypd shield logo, similar to how the Knicks did theirs based on the NY fire department. Both teams repping the police and fire departments on their city jerseys...


Image


Flatbush and Atlantic is the real deal. This is my fav design on there, some really sweet designs on there

Image

I really like the Reloaded and the Carismatic ones. Joey Buckets is awesome too, so is the new Dinwiddie one, Goatee. Goats and Fros is awesome too. There's a lot of tight designs haha.

I wish they offered a choice in colors though, I don't want a mess of black shirts. Even if grey, white and maybe navy blue were options it would be dope.
Image
PD28 wrote:Retirement Bod Dudley FTW!
User avatar
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 33,238
And1: 7,876
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

Re: All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread 

Post#1142 » by Paradise » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:37 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Mkdaman1818 wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:they're so bland. Not much creativity at all. Love the concept behind the Knicks ones though.

Why couldn't they do "The Borough" or "King's County" across the chest, with some color variant? Meh, at least I'm liking the progress I see on the court.



Side note - has anyone ever ordered from Flatbush & Atlantic? They have some dope shirts and I'd like to get 1 or 2, but if they're crummy quality then I'll pass.

https://www.flatbushandatlantic.com/shop

Yeah I would have loved a jersey based on the nypd shield logo, similar to how the Knicks did theirs based on the NY fire department. Both teams repping the police and fire departments on their city jerseys...


Image


Flatbush and Atlantic is the real deal. This is my fav design on there, some really sweet designs on there

Image

I really like the Reloaded and the Carismatic ones. Joey Buckets is awesome too, so is the new Dinwiddie one, Goatee. Goats and Fros is awesome too. There's a lot of tight designs haha.

I wish they offered a choice in colors though, I don't want a mess of black shirts. Even if grey, white and maybe navy blue were options it would be dope.

I believe the Pistons took our grey/blue scheme and that’s why we won’t see one this season.

They’ll do some throwbacks soon, though.
Image

The Nets are like a Chinese restaurant. But instead of putting free mints on the front desk, we put draft picks in the bowl.

"Have a nice day, and take a draft pick for the ride home" – Billy King
User avatar
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,506
And1: 906
Joined: Feb 18, 2012
Location: CT
   

Re: All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread 

Post#1143 » by Keith Van Horn » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:42 pm

I like the "Ready to Dunk" and "Carismatic" shirts. Very clever and definitely gets your attention. Just wondering if their shirts shrink up or anything like that.
nycefnl wrote: Summer league is proving how little they have in Jarrett Allen too....he's a wasted pick.

July 2018
User avatar
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
Posts: 48,082
And1: 2,148
Joined: May 30, 2005
Location: New Jeruz
Contact:
     

Re: All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread 

Post#1144 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:51 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:I like the "Ready to Dunk" and "Carismatic" shirts. Very clever and definitely gets your attention. Just wondering if their shirts shrink up or anything like that.

I think that Carismatic one would look great on a forest green or darker brown t-shirt. Thoughts?
Image
PD28 wrote:Retirement Bod Dudley FTW!
Mkdaman1818
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,821
And1: 1,078
Joined: Jun 29, 2014
         

Re: All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread 

Post#1145 » by Mkdaman1818 » Wed Feb 7, 2018 3:48 pm

Nets are 6th in the nba in valuation in the latest Forbes ranking... not bad

Read on Twitter
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 28,619
And1: 9,873
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread 

Post#1146 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:02 am

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-nets-owner-mikhail-prokhorov-backing-lawsuit-russian-doping-whistleblower-073119646.html

Report: Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov backing lawsuit against Russian doping whistleblower

The Russian government hasn’t stopped attacking the credibility of doping whistleblower Grigory Rodchenkov since he exposed a state-sponsored doping program that led to the International Olympic Committee banning the country from the PyeongChang Games.

It appears Russian oligarch and Brooklyn Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov is now a part of that. The billionaire is helping finance a defamation lawsuit against Rodchenkov by retired Russian biathletes that had their silver medals from the Sochi Games stripped by the IOC, according to a report from the New York Times.

The three biathletes — Olga Zaytseva, Yana Romanova and Olga Vilukhina — are each reportedly seeking $10 million in damages. All three were banned from future Olympic games by the IOC after having their medals stripped.

As The Times reports it, the lawsuit is a long-shot.


Or, maybe the Russians can stop cheating. :crazy: these dudes got caught doping for **** ing CURLING matches. Why do you need to use PEDs for curling???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

but the reason why I'm not feeling Prokhorov on this is not because the Russian athletes have been caught cheating, its the fact that the whistleblower's life is in danger. Not cool. It will be bad press if the Nets owner is backing activity against a whistleblower who might end up having an "accident" where he somehow gets thrown from an 8 story window or "commits suicide" by beating himself to death with a baseball bat
"Mother____er, get me two fingers of Southern Comfort"
User avatar
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,878
And1: 1,060
Joined: Jun 24, 2015
     

Re: All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread 

Post#1147 » by shakendfries » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:35 pm

Mkdaman1818 wrote:Nets are 6th in the nba in valuation in the latest Forbes ranking... not bad

Read on Twitter


Re-seeding the playoffs could pave the way for billionaire sports mogul LeBron James to play in LA

as for those saying Bron could end up playing for Dolan?

Image

i wish i could find the gif with Lebron flipping the Knicks into the trash
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 28,619
And1: 9,873
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread 

Post#1148 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:02 pm

how is it that we're valued at that much but we always hear stuff about the team losing money?
"Mother____er, get me two fingers of Southern Comfort"
twosevenstreet
Senior
Posts: 717
And1: 161
Joined: Jun 29, 2016
     

Re: All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread 

Post#1149 » by twosevenstreet » Fri Mar 2, 2018 4:36 pm

So it turns out we have gotten screwed by the refs this season!!!

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/which-nba-team-is-wronged-by-the-refs-the-most/
Spread Em and Dead em.
-Sad DLO is gone
-Allen will become LobCity DJ
-Kyrie will be top 3 for MVP if we get to 50+ wins, he will average 27ppg, 7apg, shooting 50-40-90
User avatar
LamarMatic7
Hornets Forum High-End Journalist
Posts: 9,751
And1: 2,283
Joined: Jan 02, 2011
Location: Latvia
Contact:
   

Re: All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread 

Post#1150 » by LamarMatic7 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:25 pm

Thought I could post this:

https://lamarmatic.com/2018/09/05/the-handle-podcast-coach-hal-wissel-09-05-18/

Podcast with mid-90s Nets Director of Player Personnel and scout/assistant coach Hal Wissel.

It spends a fair chunk on the Kittles > Kobe decision (I believe that the story he tells of working out Kobe is a fairly unheard one), some of those several-player deals that the Nets made, Derrick Coleman's market value, Yinka Dare, etc.

Two snippets of the interview:



Image
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 28,619
And1: 9,873
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread 

Post#1151 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:56 pm

LamarMatic7 wrote:Thought I could post this:

https://lamarmatic.com/2018/09/05/the-handle-podcast-coach-hal-wissel-09-05-18/

Podcast with mid-90s Nets Director of Player Personnel and scout/assistant coach Hal Wissel.

It spends a fair chunk on the Kittles > Kobe decision (I believe that the story he tells of working out Kobe is a fairly unheard one), some of those several-player deals that the Nets made, Derrick Coleman's market value, Yinka Dare, etc.

Two snippets of the interview:






Thanks, I'm interested to hear the stuff about Kobe in particular. I've always been under the impression that his agent had scared the team off from drafting him.
"Mother____er, get me two fingers of Southern Comfort"
Stone
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,618
And1: 153
Joined: Dec 26, 2005
 

Re: All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread 

Post#1152 » by Stone » Wed Oct 3, 2018 4:28 pm

The Net's just released extra tickets for "Practice in the Park" for this Saturday. I just picked up two...... :D

I went last year and it was a lot of fun......and free!!!
isekii
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,777
And1: 169
Joined: Jul 14, 2005
       

Re: All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread 

Post#1153 » by isekii » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:46 pm

I won 2 tix via Brooklyn Brigade :)
Bynum = Future Olowokandi
Prepare to be disappointed Laker Fans.
trojeski
Ballboy
Posts: 4
And1: 0
Joined: Oct 29, 2018
 

Re: All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread 

Post#1154 » by trojeski » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:13 am

Hey everyone,

Ive got 2 okc vs bnets tickets for dec 5th in broilyn nyc. Section 12 row 9 seats 3-4 . I can no longer go . If your interested please let me know
Freakyman
Ballboy
Posts: 22
And1: 18
Joined: May 13, 2018
 

Re: All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread 

Post#1155 » by Freakyman » Sun Nov 4, 2018 11:29 pm

Mirza Teletovic mix.

User avatar
twix2500
RealGM
Posts: 15,017
And1: 10,115
Joined: Dec 25, 2003
   

Re: All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread 

Post#1156 » by twix2500 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Are the Nets expected to resign D'Angelo Russell?
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 28,619
And1: 9,873
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread 

Post#1157 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:08 am

No clue.
"Mother____er, get me two fingers of Southern Comfort"
User avatar
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
Posts: 48,082
And1: 2,148
Joined: May 30, 2005
Location: New Jeruz
Contact:
     

Re: All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread 

Post#1158 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:57 am

I still feel like there's a very good chance he's dealt by the deadline.
Image
PD28 wrote:Retirement Bod Dudley FTW!
Stone
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,618
And1: 153
Joined: Dec 26, 2005
 

Re: All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread 

Post#1159 » by Stone » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:12 am

I just picked up two of the 5 game "City Edition Plan"

Now I have to pick out a name and number......First thought was Levert 22.....I was also thinking Petrovic 3


Also Big Ups......72..........or Biggie 72......Any other suggestions.??? :giveup:
User avatar
ThunderBolt
RealGM
Posts: 10,676
And1: 7,725
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
 

Re: All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread 

Post#1160 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:46 pm

Just curious if any of you guys have kept up with Hamidou Diallo? We were discussing on our board that if redrafted he would probably be taken late lottery, give or take a little. He’s just now getting back to where he was after the nasty fall in the golden state game. Not trying to rub anything in and he’s far from a proven player. I was curious what Nets fans thought when they drafted/traded him. His game definitely has some flaws and he’s extremely raw but his athleticism is off the charts.

Return to Brooklyn Nets