Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,851

Re: RTT IV: All Hail Jiren The Gray 

Post#1321 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:40 am

Re: Rey

Spoiler:
agreed that her having random ads parents would seen really odd from a writing perspective based on his her story was laid out in TFA. I still think there's more of a connection to Darth Vader than anything else, Skywalker or not. Is reincarnation an aspect of star wars lore?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#1322 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:55 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Re: Rey

Spoiler:
agreed that her having random ads parents would seen really odd from a writing perspective based on his her story was laid out in TFA. I still think there's more of a connection to Darth Vader than anything else, Skywalker or not. Is reincarnation an aspect of star wars lore?

Spoiler:
by lore you mean movies? well there was the clone army(stormtroopers) of course.

Now in the means of the extended universe, yes, there were clones of both Vader and Palpatine.....

is that close for reincarnation?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant
And1: 382

Post#1323 » by Jersey Generals » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:12 am

DO NOT READ THIS if you do not want even a hint of spoilers from The Last Jedi. It is a storyline from a plot leak from before the Force Awakens came out; most of it didn't come true in the Force Awakens, but you never know. I don't think it's true, but it very well could be so I'm giving a fair warning. It's in re: Reincarnation.

Spoiler:
The Chosen One prophecy is going to be retconned to it being the reincarnation of the first Jedi. Apparently the first Jedi and the first Dark Sider came from a sister and brother who grew up near a tree and got Force powers. The sister started the Jedi and when she was about to die, told the other Jedi that she wuld come back in a new body to bring balance to the Force. So the Chosen One is the reincarnation of this woman. Rey being another reincarnation of that sister would be, ipso facto, a reincarnation of Anakin Skywalker as a result.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1324 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:01 am

Jersey Generals wrote:DO NOT READ THIS if you do not want even a hint of spoilers from The Last Jedi. It is a storyline from a plot leak from before the Force Awakens came out; most of it didn't come true in the Force Awakens, but you never know. I don't think it's true, but it very well could be so I'm giving a fair warning. It's in re: Reincarnation.

Spoiler:
The Chosen One prophecy is going to be retconned to it being the reincarnation of the first Jedi. Apparently the first Jedi and the first Dark Sider came from a sister and brother who grew up near a tree and got Force powers. The sister started the Jedi and when she was about to die, told the other Jedi that she wuld come back in a new body to bring balance to the Force. So the Chosen One is the reincarnation of this woman. Rey being another reincarnation of that sister would be, ipso facto, a reincarnation of Anakin Skywalker as a result.

Spoiler:
heard something similar back in the TFA premiere(before) where Rey would be the next prodigy after Anakin.

so it could be very true and I can dig that.
The ModFather

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1325 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:45 am

:nonono: Bulma's voice actress, Hiromi Tsuru passed away today at age 57. She voiced the character since 1986.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1326 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:06 am

Jersey Generals wrote:DO NOT READ THIS if you do not want even a hint of spoilers from The Last Jedi. It is a storyline from a plot leak from before the Force Awakens came out; most of it didn't come true in the Force Awakens, but you never know. I don't think it's true, but it very well could be so I'm giving a fair warning. It's in re: Reincarnation.

Spoiler:

Sounds about right

Spoiler:
To me, the first 6 Star Wars films have always been overall at it's core, Darth Vader's story despite Luke being the focus of the original three. So it would make sense that Rey continues that story.

I

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1327 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:01 am

Well I'm going to tell you now, DragonBall Super Episode 116 is probably one of the best episodes of any of the 4 dragonball anime shows to ever be made. no spoilers. Goku vs Kefla is better than any fight they've done over the last 30 years FFS :o

Ultra Instinct Goku had better be DLC for the game. oh my god

Zen Oh Sama wrote:

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1328 » by CalamityX12 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:37 am

that fight between Goku n Kefla was superb... best in Super in my immediate recall.
The ModFather

therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#1329 » by therealbig3 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:45 pm

I swear, the writers have to know how annoying and how much of a waste Ribrianne is, they have to just be trolling us at this point. IDK how much longer they're going to keep shoving her in our face.

Also, Gohan is one of the heavy hitters for Universe 7. He should be powerful enough to wipe out universes on his own. Why the **** is he still struggling with a couple of Namekians? Universe 6 should be eliminated at this point.

I also really hope Vegeta doesn't get Ultra Instinct. It's so cliche at this point: omg, Goku unlocked something new! But then omg, Vegeta figures it out soon after!
Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant

Post#1330 » by Jersey Generals » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:46 am

I honestly don't understand how anyone is a fan of Vegeta at this point. He's a one note character that has substantially regressed since the start of Super.

I can't wait for episode 116, which has a summary about Vegeta's failure that legitimately made me laugh out loud.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1331 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:10 pm

therealbig3 wrote:I swear, the writers have to know how annoying and how much of a waste Ribrianne is, they have to just be trolling us at this point. IDK how much longer they're going to keep shoving her in our face.

Also, Gohan is one of the heavy hitters for Universe 7. He should be powerful enough to wipe out universes on his own. Why the **** is he still struggling with a couple of Namekians? Universe 6 should be eliminated at this point.

I also really hope Vegeta doesn't get Ultra Instinct. It's so cliche at this point: omg, Goku unlocked something new! But then omg, Vegeta figures it out soon after!

Gohan gets jobbed because the fans in Japan reacted poorly to when he was the main character, so they probably will never make him really relevant compared to Goku and Vegeta.

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1332 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:22 pm

They destroyed SSJ God for me...

the power levels are so uneven and out of balance. I mean, Goku should've defeated SSJ Kefla as a SSJ God(red) alone.....

i'm slightly enjoying the anime but its really kicking my old school dragonball z in the balls with such spit in the face type developments.
The ModFather

Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant

Post#1333 » by Jersey Generals » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:33 am

CalamityX12 wrote:They destroyed SSJ God for me...

the power levels are so uneven and out of balance. I mean, Goku should've defeated SSJ Kefla as a SSJ God(red) alone.....

i'm slightly enjoying the anime but its really kicking my old school dragonball z in the balls with such spit in the face type developments.

Best thing I can say to you is to mourn power scaling because it's never, ever going to make sense ever again. They've reached a plateau where they have to keep escalating, but by doing so, the weaker characters are also getting dragged in the wake.

Yu Yu Hakusho was the only manga that kept power scaling make sense, which is why it's numbe 1 for me. Even Naruto didn't make a lick of sense once Shippuden hit.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1334 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:28 am

well, the power scaling in DragonBall went out the window once Goten and Trunks came along in the Majin Buu saga, because you had two little kids doing things that Goku couldn't even remotely do at age 8. And then Gotenks turning Super Saiyan 3. That's why I really don't think that Super and Chaulifa/Kale/Kefla being ridiculously powerful isn't much of a leap or spits in the face of what came before it because this has been going on for awhile. I've seen other fans online echo your sentiments, but I honestly think some viewers are thrown off by it because they're seeing Goku get taken to the woodshed by a pair of teenage girls.

also, trying to rationalize DragonBall isn't worth it :lol: Akira Toriyama is notorious for the fact that he literally makes it up as he goes along. The fact that Toriyama actually foreshadowed Ultra Instinct in the Universe 6 tournament via Whis training Goku and Vegeta is remarkable in itself, but I have a feeling that was more Toyotarō than Toriyama. The Goku Black storyline was one of the best written sagas of the entire series, which makes me think that Toyotarō's influence in all of this is being severely understated.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1335 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:33 am

Jersey Generals wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:They destroyed SSJ God for me...

Best thing I can say to you is to mourn power scaling because it's never, ever going to make sense ever again. They've reached a plateau where they have to keep escalating, but by doing so, the weaker characters are also getting dragged in the wake.

Yu Yu Hakusho was the only manga that kept power scaling make sense, which is why it's numbe 1 for me. Even Naruto didn't make a lick of sense once Shippuden hit.

Hunter X Hunter's power scaling is pretty tight, and outside of The King/Ants, whose obscene strength is explained by the fact that the Ants come from the unexplored Dark Continent, the power levels are structured really well and strategy and tactics determine the victor in 90% of the fights as opposed to brute strength

Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant

Post#1336 » by Jersey Generals » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:05 am

Hunter X Hunter just proves that Togashi actually takes power scaling seriously. He might be lazy and gets sick all the damn time, but I mean, his two hit series are superb when it comes to scaling so he's got going for him, which is nice.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1337 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:39 pm

Jersey Generals wrote:Hunter X Hunter just proves that Togashi actually takes power scaling seriously. He might be lazy and gets sick all the damn time, but I mean, his two hit series are superb when it comes to scaling so he's got going for him, which is nice.

Hunter x Hunter has potential. Been consistent for the most part.
The ModFather

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1338 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:51 pm

^^Togashi is a legend. I don't think he's lazy, I think he's seriously not well physically. Being a manga artist on a weekly series is actually not conducive to a healthy lifestyle and from what I've heard he doesn't use assistants for his artwork. That's why he produces a few chapters and then has to stop, his wife was helping him for awhile (his wife is the creator of sailor moon, so you can imagine how stinking rich they are) but I don't think that helps in the long run. I kind of wish he would allow a younger artist to draw for him and he just writes the story because he's an incredible writer, nevermind artist. If you guys ever have a chance, check out the Hisoka Side Story https://mangastream.com/r/one_shot/Hisoka%20Origin%20Story/3450/1 done by the author of Tokyo Ghoul which is recognized by Togashi as apart of the story. I'd love for Ishida to team up with Togashi to complete Hunter X Hunter after he finishes Tokyo Ghoul.

anyway, look what just came out:

TAKE MY MONEY NOW PLEASE. Look at those magnificent ghosts!!

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1339 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:29 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant

Post#1340 » by Jersey Generals » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:59 pm

Jersey Generals wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Star Wars is always welcomed!

But even if Jiren was included in that, he could have just nuked the planet tha tJiren was on at the time since it has never been stated that Jiren can breath in space.

Or, and this is more likely, Jiren's introduction creates plotholes in past arcs.

Whelp, Jiren has now been shown to survive in space, so there goes that idea.

It basically means that Zamasu had no chance in winning. Ever.

Plus, Jiren is a straight up Superman expy now that we've seen his personality. In fact, he may be even more moral than Superman.

Return to Brooklyn Nets