RTT IV: Brought To You By The Great People At MomCorp

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Re: RTT IV: All Hail Jiren The Gray 

Post#1481 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Jan 8, 2018 5:37 am

MrDollarBills wrote:I think universe 11 is cheating somehow. Jiren only agreed to do so to protect the people of his universe and resurrect the erased worlds imo.

there's a reason why the gods of destruction are uneasy about Goku achieving Ultra Instinct.

I think everyone should be DQ'd... everyone's flying! LOL
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant
And1: 382

Post#1482 » by Jersey Generals » Mon Jan 8, 2018 5:42 am

CalamityX12 wrote:I think everyone should be DQ'd... everyone's flying! LOL

Nah, man, that wasn't flying, that was...

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Post#1483 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 8, 2018 2:21 pm

the rules mean nothing, as long as Zeno is entertained it's allowed.

Zeno is low key rooting for Universe 7 anyway. when Goku got engulfed by the spirit bomb in the Ultra Instinct episode they both looked visibly disappointed that Goku might have been eliminated.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
ET Da Gawd
Sixth Man
And1: 367

Post#1484 » by ET Da Gawd » Mon Jan 8, 2018 4:30 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Jersey Generals wrote:As a non-Vegeta fan, him not acting like a jackass would be the best respect they could give him.

This is a fight for Universal survival where the team with the most fighters win. What the **** are you doing by attacking Jiren, bro? Take out Dyspo and Toppo, let Jiren and Goku fight out the rest of the tournament. They try to pretend these fighters are awesome strategists and tacticians, but really, they all suck. Imperfect Cell was the only one worth a damn.

Cell is still to this day my favorite villain. Freeza's trolling during the tournament has been great, but I still don't understand why goku didn't think about adding Cell to the team. he's somewhere in hell right now just loafing around meanwhile Universe 7 is getting stomped by Jiren and the Pride Troopers.

Jiren is great though. Gohan aside, the remaining fighters for Team 7 are just ass holes. I think Jiren wants to win so he can wish for the other universes to return. he doesn't seem like a person who is cool with any of this.

The artists hate drawing cell lol, too many dots on his body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#1485 » by treiz » Mon Jan 8, 2018 8:16 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
treiz wrote:Really looking forward to the other fights as well.
Spoiler:
Hope they redeem Gohan :lol:

Gohan has been leveling up during this saga big time.

He's back on his game. whether or not he can help versus Jiren is questionable, but based on past history he has the most upside on the team :lol:

No offense (if there's any) but they were up against Namekians, they had no chance against Gohan :lol:

Toppo on the other hand, is the real deal.

MrDollarBills wrote:
Jersey Generals wrote:As a non-Vegeta fan, him not acting like a jackass would be the best respect they could give him.

This is a fight for Universal survival where the team with the most fighters win. What the **** are you doing by attacking Jiren, bro? Take out Dyspo and Toppo, let Jiren and Goku fight out the rest of the tournament. They try to pretend these fighters are awesome strategists and tacticians, but really, they all suck. Imperfect Cell was the only one worth a damn.

Cell is still to this day my favorite villain. Freeza's trolling during the tournament has been great, but I still don't understand why goku didn't think about adding Cell to the team. he's somewhere in hell right now just loafing around meanwhile Universe 7 is getting stomped by Jiren and the Pride Troopers.

Jiren is great though. Gohan aside, the remaining fighters for Team 7 are just ass holes. I think Jiren wants to win so he can wish for the other universes to return. he doesn't seem like a person who is cool with any of this.

This, when they announced the team way before the arc started I was wondering why Frieza and Cell are not on the team as opposed to say Master Roshi for example. But my friends would always say it's because they're dead, maybe it's not allowed in the tournament. Then they bring in Frieza so why not add Cell? He was definitely a better villain to me too, always love his arrogance especially when he became perfect. That dialogue between him and Gohan would've been epic too.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#1486 » by therealbig3 » Mon Jan 8, 2018 8:42 pm

treiz wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Spoiler:

He's back on his game. whether or not he can help versus Jiren is questionable, but based on past history he has the most upside on the team :lol:

No offense (if there's any) but they were up against Namekians, they had no chance against Gohan :lol:

MrDollarBills wrote:

This, when they announced the team way before the arc started I was wondering why Frieza and Cell are not on the team as opposed to say Master Roshi for example. But my friends would always say it's because they're dead, maybe it's not allowed in the tournament. Then they bring in Frieza so why not add Cell? He was definitely a better villain to me too, always love his arrogance especially when he became perfect. That dialogue between him and Gohan would've been epic too.

The Namekians absorbed an entire planet of Namekians though. So Gohan basically fought off the entire Namekian race by himself. They were giving Piccolo the business, and Piccolo is no joke. He's the strongest Namekian to have ever lived in U7, and he's stronger than a SS2 (as established by his fight with Gohan).
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1487 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Jan 8, 2018 9:08 pm

Why is Android 17 getting more air time than Piccolo?

Why did Piccolo fall from the creators good graces? wtf! BOOOOOOO
The ModFather

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1488 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 9, 2018 12:11 am

treiz wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Spoiler:

MrDollarBills wrote:

Hey those Namekians were pretty strong :lol: Universe 6 lost but in general they are some real freaks. the Saiyans were way more advanced than U7 Saiyans but they were young and inexperienced. Hit got beat by Jiren which is nothing to be ashamed of.

Yeah I don't mind Freeza since he has been trolling everyone but Cell's arrogance would have been epic.

He could subtly remind Krillin that he ate his wife

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1489 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 9, 2018 12:15 am

CalamityX12 wrote:Why is Android 17 getting more air time than Piccolo?

Number 17 is stronger than Piccolo imo

Number 18 shouldn't have gotten eliminated. :noway:

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1490 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Jan 9, 2018 12:27 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Why is Android 17 getting more air time than Piccolo?

Number 17 is stronger than Piccolo imo

Number 18 shouldn't have gotten eliminated. :noway:

Last them two met, they battled to a draw(ish)....

If Sayians can get stronger, where's the namekian love? lol....

Is Piccolo being hated for his green skin or pointy ears???? i want an investigation into this!
The ModFather

Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant

Post#1491 » by Jersey Generals » Tue Jan 9, 2018 2:19 am

I mean, but as far as fighting at the same level, competing every fight, shooting ki, punches, kicks, fast attacks, transition, Jiren Ellis have it all.
treiz
RealGM

Post#1492 » by treiz » Tue Jan 9, 2018 8:31 pm

therealbig3 wrote:
The Namekians absorbed an entire planet of Namekians though. So Gohan basically fought off the entire Namekian race by himself. They were giving Piccolo the business, and Piccolo is no joke. He's the strongest Namekian to have ever lived in U7, and he's stronger than a SS2 (as established by his fight with Gohan).

I just can't believe that an entire Namekian race is stronger than Gohan, I mean Frieza essentially wrecked through all of U7 Namek in his first form way back when. Piccolo being the strongest Namekian doesn't really mean anything at this point of DB. I mean Gohan destroyed an entire Namekian planet without barely trying IMO.

Don't think Piccolo beat him because he was stronger, he gave Gohan a contest because Gohan became a giant nerd :lol:

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hey those Namekians were pretty strong :lol: Universe 6 lost but in general they are some real freaks. the Saiyans were way more advanced than U7 Saiyans but they were young and inexperienced. Hit got beat by Jiren which is nothing to be ashamed of.

Yeah I don't mind Freeza since he has been trolling everyone but Cell's arrogance would have been epic.

He could subtly remind Krillin that he ate his wife

They were, not denying that. But Gohan with all the rust off is on a whole other level.

Exactly, the dialogue between Cell and everybody else had potential to be amazing, especially with the Androids too :lol:
Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant

Post#1493 » by Jersey Generals » Tue Jan 9, 2018 9:58 pm

treiz wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:

I just can't believe that an entire Namekian race is stronger than Gohan, I mean Frieza essentially wrecked through all of U7 Namek in his first form way back when. Piccolo being the strongest Namekian doesn't really mean anything at this point of DB. I mean Gohan destroyed an entire Namekian planet without barely trying IMO.

Don't think Piccolo beat him because he was stronger, he gave Gohan a contest because Gohan became a giant nerd :lol:

Let's do the math. Nail was around 42k when he and Piccolo fused. Piccolo spent a month getting to King Kai's planet and then less than a week actually on the planet. When Goku was on King Kai's for 128 days, or 18 weeks, and at 8,100 power level when fighting the Saiyans, he gained 427 points a week.

Assuming Piccolo had the same advancement, that would make his power level around 3100 when he fused with Nail. Together, they were able to fight off second form Frieza, who was over a million. That's nearly a 30 percent improvement for Nail. Let's say that scales linearly, and it just so happens that all of the fighters on Universe 6 Namek are around Piccolo's potential 3000 (which the U7 fighters were, as well), that means that with each addition, Saonel and Pirina increased by 30.

It would only take 3 absorptions to get to around Gohan's Super Saiyan Cell level...

You would be at 30 billion with just four...

And that's using Nail's lesser 30x increase, compared to Piccolo's potential 333x.
treiz
RealGM

Post#1494 » by treiz » Tue Jan 9, 2018 10:53 pm

Jersey Generals wrote:
Let's do the math. Nail was around 42k when he and Piccolo fused. Piccolo spent a month getting to King Kai's planet and then less than a week actually on the planet. When Goku was on King Kai's for 128 days, or 18 weeks, and at 8,100 power level when fighting the Saiyans, he gained 427 points a week.

Assuming Piccolo had the same advancement, that would make his power level around 3100 when he fused with Nail. Together, they were able to fight off second form Frieza, who was over a million. That's nearly a 30 percent improvement for Nail. Let's say that scales linearly, and it just so happens that all of the fighters on Universe 6 Namek are around Piccolo's potential 3000 (which the U7 fighters were, as well), that means that with each addition, Saonel and Pirina increased by 30.

It would only take 3 absorptions to get to around Gohan's Super Saiyan Cell level...

And that's using Nail's lesser 30x increase, compared to Piccolo's potential 333x.

Ahh, but see you're making an assumption when you scale it linearly since that's unlikely to be the case. Nail for example, was probably one of the strongest Namekian on that planet bar Piccolo and Super Kami Guru and was in that 1% of warrior-clan Namekians.

You're assuming that every person who fused with the U6 Namekians were in that top 1% of warrior-clan Namekians along with them, so you're going to get a much lower multiplicative effect when they fuse since everyone in that U6 Namek is nowhere near as strong as Saonel and Pirina, hence why they were chosen. So you can't assume that each time they fuse, their power levels increase by x, more realistically the number to multiply by would be a lot smaller, although it would build up, it definitely won't be 30x each fusion. (We're such nerds :lol:)

Besides, we saw it in the episode. Gohan towards the end of that fight was practically toying with them. They were no match for him alone.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1495 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:20 am

Jersey Generals wrote:
treiz wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:

:lol: @ the power level ratings. I forgot about those.

man at this point in the series, the power level scouters would all be going like this:

Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant

Post#1496 » by Jersey Generals » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:23 am

I just got back from seeing the Last Jedi. I wasn't going to see it until it came out on Netflix because I'm still in a weird place with my father's passing, but I decided that seeing it on the big screen was something that I might need.

I'm going to write up a lengthier review sometime tomorrow, but two thoughts: 1) It is absolutely worthless as a Star Wars movie. Just awful. 2) Not a bad sci-fantasy flick, though.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1497 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:51 pm

Jersey Generals wrote:I just got back from seeing the Last Jedi. I wasn't going to see it until it came out on Netflix because I'm still in a weird place with my father's passing, but I decided that seeing it on the big screen was something that I might need.

I'm going to write up a lengthier review sometime tomorrow, but two thoughts: 1) It is absolutely worthless as a Star Wars movie. Just awful. 2) Not a bad sci-fantasy flick, though.

I can't wait for your review

and my sentiments are similiar if not the same with your two points

Oh btw, I have and played Star Wars Battlefront II: spoilers on how game ends
Spoiler:
WOWWWWWWWWWW, I really really reallly thought Rey was the daughter of the lead character but she is not. But DAMN, it looked like it was setup perfectly. If you have played it, let me know, we could talk more. If not but want to know how it went down(story) lmk and i shall pass my experience to you.

cheers!

cheers!
The ModFather

Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant

Post#1498 » by Jersey Generals » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:49 am

CalamityX12 wrote:I can't wait for your review

and my sentiments are similiar if not the same with your two points

Oh btw, I have and played Star Wars Battlefront II: spoilers on how game ends
Spoiler:
WOWWWWWWWWWW, I really really reallly thought Rey was the daughter of the lead character but she is not. But DAMN, it looked like it was setup perfectly. If you have played it, let me know, we could talk more. If not but want to know how it went down(story) lmk and i shall pass my experience to you.

cheers!

cheers!

Really? How did it end? I was the one that told you about that potential plot point, so it's funny that you'd be the one that tells me how it actually ended up. I haven't played it, but I do want to hear the story.

And as for writing the review, I'm realizing that I'm growing more and more angry at the movie as I continue to write it. I have it done, it's 2300 words :lol: , I'll post it tomorrow.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#1499 » by therealbig3 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:23 am

Looking like Gohan and Dyspo eliminate each other next week.

No sign of 17 and Toppo, so it looks like they eliminate each other too.

Setting the stage for Goku, Vegeta, and Frieza vs Jiren.

I can see it now. Jiren and Goku/Vegeta are going to eliminate each other, and then Frieza ends up with the dragon balls.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1500 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:45 pm

therealbig3 wrote:Looking like Gohan and Dyspo eliminate each other next week.

No sign of 17 and Toppo, so it looks like they eliminate each other too.

Setting the stage for Goku, Vegeta, and Frieza vs Jiren.

I can see it now. Jiren and Goku/Vegeta are going to eliminate each other, and then Frieza ends up with the dragon balls.

That would be a fun development.

I think however that Vegeta will be the winner so that he can wish for Universe 6 to be brought back.

By the way, whoever recommended reading the manga version of Super was on point. It actually tells the story a lot better than the anime does. In the manga Jiren's personality is a lot more fleshed out...he's a really likable dude. Seeing how he is makes you actually want to root for him in a way.

Return to Brooklyn Nets