ImageImageImageImageImage

RTT IV: Brought To You By The Great People At MomCorp

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,864

Re: RTT IV: All Hail Jiren The Gray 

Post#1681 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:39 pm

I expected freeza to troll Jiren, didn't expect 17 to still be alive. Seems kind of odd that no one else felt his presence...wait I forgot, you can not detect the androids energy.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#1682 » by CalamityX12 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:52 pm

DID NOT LIKE how Jiren was turned into what they turned him into. Made it really easy to root against him. damn sad and poor creativity on the writers... I mean, seriously? Goku or U7 is the only universe with good hearted beings? LOL... wtf... damn bunch of murderers... lol.

how is 17 still around? like why? LOL... he's getting more time than Vegeta and Gohan??? **** Christ! lol

ok, this ending isn't going to be in my likings, I already know. whatever, til next week. sloppy finish/direction IMO.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1683 » by CalamityX12 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:53 pm

Jiren striking a blast at the stands is a cowards move and totally go against his character from what we've seen of him through this point. Terrible!

just awful... sorry but that really turned me off... I don't give a **** how this ends... like just BAD!
The ModFather

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1684 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:00 pm

I kind of found what Jiren did to be out of character too, but maybe he knew Goku would deflect it?

Anyway, Jiren's strength is justice mantra was trending towards some questionable morality on his part. At least Goku admitted that he isn't a hero or anything like that. A rare moment of self awareness :lol:

He got beaten cleanly by Goku and got bailed out at the last second. Freeza should blasted both of them off of the stage and been done with it.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1685 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:06 am

waitaminute i saw some folks bring this up and its a good point. Jiren should have been erased for attacking the crowd. Frost got erased for far less. Zeno literally makes **** up as they go along.

The Tournament of Power is basically a game of Calvinball (http://calvinandhobbes.wikia.com/wiki/Calvinball) that involves fighting :lol:

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,585

Post#1686 » by Rich Rane » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:22 pm

"Those who hurt my friends, I won't forgive!"

...except Piccolo and Vegeta...and the Pilaf gang...and 17 and 18...and Majin Buu...and Beerus...and Frieza now too...but other than those guys, I won't forgive people who hurt my friends!

I :censored: hate Goku.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1687 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:18 pm

I don't know if Goku considers Freeza his friend...Freeza is still considerably way more evil than any of Goku's former foes turned friends. Everyone else has mellowed out over the years.

Beerus' worst crime was slapping Bulma, and even then he was holding back because he could have hit her way harder and killed her but he didn't. If that was Freeza, Cell, Kid Buu or Goku Black you know her head would have been taken off. Freeza is a genocidal maniac that will probably try to kill them all if he gets his life back...although I dunno if he wants any beef now, UItra Instinct Goku would kill him in seconds.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1688 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:19 am

Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant
And1: 382

Post#1689 » by Jersey Generals » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:50 am

And with that ending, I can finally admit that ToP was **** awful. Yeah, I said it. Not Last Jedi bad, but...bad.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1690 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:12 pm

It was a fun ride.

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1691 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:28 am

It was the wish I expected! not in the same delivery but the wish that should've been.

Still the whole Frieza/17 dynamic in the end made no sense for me but whatever its over...

The whole Zeno predicting that the winner would ask the universes to be brought back kinda deflated the whole gods/angels potential feud though...

all well, GT here we come.... slightly.... What color hair do they have in store for our heroes next?!?!?!? lol

They said to wait til after for something, was it the vegeta/goku chat? meh.... or the whole villain thing? what, they still do villains? LOL....today's anime villains are becoming less n less bad villainish...so idk... ha
The ModFather

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1692 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:29 am

Well, I actually did like the fact that the Zenos weren't erasing universes without any thought behind it, they had an end game in mind...that's something that I did not expect. the tournament of power was fanservice wank for him since he's an avatar for the audience who just wanted to see a story arc that was nothing but battle after battle.

i thought that the Zenos were just without a moral compass. knowing that they didn't really want to erase anyone, and left it up to the choice of the winner, made me like the Zeno character(s) even more, and the fact that the entire time they were rooting for their friend Goku to win since they knew that Goku would have done the same as Android 17. i dunno, i know people take it seriously critically but i loved the part where the Zenos dapped up Goku at the end.

i don't think Dragon Ball should be taken so seriously. it started out as a gag manga that turned into the forefather of battle manga and anime, but realistically its not something that should be judged critically versus better written series...that was never the intent and after 30 years or so, the idea still remains solid. at the end of the day, its not about heroes, or villains, i think the point that Toriyama is trying to express here in the later stage of his career as a creator is hey, no one is perfect. but we're all faced with choices...so just do the right thing. its a grounded message. If Goku won the ToP, he would have wished everyone back to life.

the fact that they held this tournament to see if "the mortals" that Zamasu and Goku Black hated so much would make the right decision when granted an ultimate wish versus saving millions of others imo tied the last story arc and the tournament of power together perfectly as far as the narrative goes. this was the correct ending for DragonBall Super.

if mortals (humans) were all truly trash, they would wish selfishly when granted a wish that could continue the lives of others. Android 17 could have been scum and just wished for a big ass boat, but in the end he did the right thing. i know that the ToP was not perfectly written, and had some real janky moments in it, but I liked the ending of it. 17 made the correct wish.

I also liked the fact that Goku and Freeza had to set aside their differences and they teamed up to take Jiren out. That was seriously bad ass seeing Goku and Freeza team up to defeat someone. in their base forms at that. no super saiyan, blue, god, ultra instinct or Golden Freeza. they beat Jiren in their base form. i can't wait to see what comes next. Jiren wants to fight Goku again, but knowing how things work out in dragon ball, Goku and Jiren will have to team up to battle someone even greater. and i am cool with that.

what surprised me the most though, is that Whis is literally a walking dragonball, which makes things interesting going forward. :-?

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1693 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:51 am

though this fits well lol
The ModFather

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1694 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:04 pm

^he...impossible. he...he's pushed past his limits!!! :o :o :o

Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant

Post#1695 » by Jersey Generals » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:41 pm

Everyone would have been erased if I had won the ToP because I wouldn't have wished for the return of the Universes. I would have wished for this to never be able to happen ever again to try and sever the connection that Zeno's have with Universe 7.

Is that a selfish wish? No. Is it a wish that would have gotten everyone erased? Yes, hence why it's bull. Zeno might have had an endgame, but they're still amoral pieces of garbage.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1696 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:17 pm

Jersey Generals wrote:Everyone would have been erased if I had won the ToP because I wouldn't have wished for the return of the Universes. I would have wished for this to never be able to happen ever again to try and sever the connection that Zeno's have with Universe 7.

Is that a selfish wish? No. Is it a wish that would have gotten everyone erased? Yes, hence why it's bull. Zeno might have had an endgame, but they're still amoral pieces of garbage.

I would've wished that The Last Jedi was never made by Rian Johnson..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The ModFather

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1697 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:41 pm

^selfish mortal. Zamasu was right.

Hey did Frost get brought back to life? it would be hilarious if everyone got revived except for him

Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant

Post#1698 » by Jersey Generals » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:53 pm

He was brought back, yes. And in the manga,
Spoiler:
he wasn't erased like he was, so it was a Toei thing.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,370

Post#1699 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:43 pm

All my T-Mobile heads, don't forget to redeem your free subscription to MLB.TV by Monday. You get every game in full HD on multiple devices(up to 10 iirc), it's usually $20 a month. Even if you're not a huge baseball fan, unless you hate the game it's free and obviously worth it.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1700 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:59 pm

Jersey Generals wrote:He was brought back, yes. And in the manga,
Spoiler:
he wasn't erased like he was, so it was a Toei thing.

damn my translation sites are way behind!!! wtf!
The ModFather

Return to Brooklyn Nets