RTT IV: Brought To You By The Great People At MomCorp

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Re: RTT IV: Brought To You By The Great People At MomCorp 

Post#1921 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:30 am

Utter disappointment but not surprised, Only Judge, n the bullpen showed up....
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,883

Post#1922 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:11 am

taking the Eagles at -2.5 over the Giants is an easy 100 bucks.

You guys may think I'm awful, but honestly betting against the teams that I root for pays off for me more times than not.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#1923 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:13 am

MrDollarBills wrote:taking the Eagles at -2.5 over the Giants is an easy 100 bucks.

You guys may think I'm awful, but honestly betting against the teams that I root for pays off for me more times than not.

Ironically related, iirc the Nets were quite good ATS last season. Something pretty ridiculous like 49-30-3 depending on a few line moves during game day over the course of the season.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1924 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:02 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:taking the Eagles at -2.5 over the Giants is an easy 100 bucks.

Ironically related, iirc the Nets were quite good ATS last season. Something pretty ridiculous like 49-30-3 depending on a few line moves during game day over the course of the season.

Oh, don't me wrong. Remember how many times during games last season I asked "what was the spread???" right?

I am fully prepared to risk betting the underdog in Nets games where the spread looks way too high. I know. This is our team we're talking about here. We're going to have several games where we're supposed to lose by 10 points or more and I guarantee and the favorite won't cover.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1925 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:05 am

I'm still debating however (regarding football) on betting on the sunday night matchup between the Patriots and the Chiefs. I can't call this one Pats are -3.5 I really think that the Chiefs can beat those ass holes

vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#1926 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:00 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:

Oh, don't me wrong. Remember how many times during games last season I asked "what was the spread???" right?

I am fully prepared to risk betting the underdog in Nets games where the spread looks way too high. I know. This is our team we're talking about here. We're going to have several games where we're supposed to lose by 10 points or more and I guarantee and the favorite won't cover.

Very true haha. I'm wondering how Vegas will adjust the lines attempting to bring the Nets closer to .500 ATS this season though, or if they don't see it as an issue because so few people probably bet for them instead of against them anyway?

You could have put $100 on every Nets game last year and wound up +1600 on the year if we're accounting for a $10 vig on all 82 games for arguments purpose. That's pretty damn good.

It would take some serious discipline, but if you can afford to risk it and also simultaneously not degen out, you could bet say $500 a game on the Nets and only the Nets all season and make 8 g's on the season.

Also I obviously took the Eagles last night as well. And the over. And parlayed it. :lol:
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1927 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:58 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:Ironically related, iirc the Nets were quite good ATS last season. Something pretty ridiculous like 49-30-3 depending on a few line moves during game day over the course of the season.

Very true haha. I'm wondering how Vegas will adjust the lines attempting to bring the Nets closer to .500 ATS this season though, or if they don't see it as an issue because so few people probably bet for them instead of against them anyway?

You could have put $100 on every Nets game last year and wound up +1600 on the year if we're accounting for a $10 vig on all 82 games for arguments purpose. That's pretty damn good.

It would take some serious discipline, but if you can afford to risk it and also simultaneously not degen out, you could bet say $500 a game on the Nets and only the Nets all season and make 8 g's on the season.

Also I obviously took the Eagles last night as well. And the over. And parlayed it. :lol:

:lol: I have no idea why the spread was -2.5 for that game. As soon as I saw that my eyes lit up. It's as if Vegas was fooled last week by the Giants playing Carolina to the wire. Eli is completely done and the Giants defense isn't good enough to hold off opponents while the offense sputters. That was a lay up

I don't have the balls to do it right now w/ the Nets since I'm in the process of getting a home but once the dust settles and we get closer to ASB I might go nuts because by then we'll have a clear picture as to what this team is capable of.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,819

Post#1928 » by Rich Rane » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:39 pm

The hell is Google thinking with the notch on the Pixel 3 XL?
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#1929 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:02 am

Rich Rane wrote:The hell is Google 3 thinking with the notch on the Pixel 3 XL?

Gross, right?

I'm good with my S9 right now, although I'll take a look at the regular Pixel 3 without the notch. But they stay with no headphone jack and their software is starting to get a little invasive. Also the screen isn't up to spec on Samsung, etc.

I actually just finally copped a pair of really solid Bluetooth headphones, but I don't care, I need the option to plug in one of my other expensive ass cans when I feel the need.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,819

Post#1930 » by Rich Rane » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:04 am

Samsung just came out with their Midnight Black version of the Note 9. I'm gonna wait until Black Friday and get a gift card at some store (probably Best Buy) and put it towards the Sony WH1000XM3.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#1931 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:09 am

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#1932 » by NyCeEvO » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:36 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:The hell is Google 3 thinking with the notch on the Pixel 3 XL?

Gross, right?

I'm good with my S9 right now, although I'll take a look at the regular Pixel 3 without the notch. But they stay with no headphone jack and their software is starting to get a little invasive. Also the screen isn't up to spec on Samsung, etc.

I'm still on that #Note3Life. :lol: I know I'm playing with fire with the lack of security updates.

I'm actually considering getting...(don't hurt me)...an iPhone X or XS. 8-)

I'm 100% sold on an iPad and have been for awhile. I'm just waiting for Apple to release their newest iPad Pro later this month and see the deals on what will be the older Pro line or even the 2018 iPad, since it now supports the Apple Pencil. I read and annotate a lot of PDFs so the pencil support is crucial (I've had a flagship Galaxy Tab and still have a Surface 3. Both lost their value super quickly and were underwhelming. I was fooled once, I will not be fooled again.)

When the Gear S3 Frontier debuted, I loved everything about it from the rotating bezel to using MST to pay at virtually any cash register in the world that accepts credit cards. My wife surprised me with it for my birthday, but I had to return it because:
1) it was just too burly. There is no way I could ever fit the long sleeve of a dress shirt over my wrist.
2) my Note 3 couldn't handle the processing power needed to support the Watch lol.
3) I'm still upset that LTE versions of smartwatches cost $10/month. They don't consume anywhere close to the amount of data that a phone or tablet does. Out of principle, I just couldn't stomach paying that cost.

I went into an Apple store and played around with Apple Watch Series 4. It's so dope. It's much thinner than a Gear S3 Frontier, which address my first problem. An iPhone has no problem supporting it. I'm still annoyed by the $10/month cost, so I may just have to hold my nose and do it or consider getting the WiFi only version.

Regarding the iPhone, I just don't have the time to flash custom ROMs on my phone. I don't even have widgets on my home screen. I just want my phone to work and retain its value when I want to trade it in and upgrade to a better phone. From the scant rumors I've heard, it looks like iOS 13 will add widget-like support should I need it. I also want to take advantage of the benefits of having an OLED screen.

In short, I went from being an Apple hater to a begrudging supporter. Don't hurt me. :lol:
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#1933 » by NyCeEvO » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:40 pm

Rich Rane wrote:Samsung just came out with their Midnight Black version of the Note 9. I'm gonna wait until Black Friday and get a gift card at some store (probably Best Buy) and put it towards the Sony WH1000XM3.

I have the first edition of those headphones (MDR1000x).

After doing an insane amount of research (including buying the headphones, not opening them for a month, returning them, and then buying them again), I use them daily and love them. I'm sure you will too.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1934 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:29 am

MrDollarBills wrote:I'm still debating however (regarding football) on betting on the sunday night matchup between the Patriots and the Chiefs. I can't call this one Pats are -3.5 I really think that the Chiefs can beat those ass holes

I'm glad I chose to fall back off of this one.

vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#1935 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:49 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I'm still debating however (regarding football) on betting on the sunday night matchup between the Patriots and the Chiefs. I can't call this one Pats are -3.5 I really think that the Chiefs can beat those ass holes

Lol, well you would have won by the hook.
Money line would have been a bust though.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1936 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:41 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

True.

I avoided both that game and the Dallas/Jacksonville game. :lol:

vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#1937 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:18 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

True.

I avoided both that game and the Dallas/Jacksonville game. :lol:

Man, I lost like $8 including losing a decent World Series prop bet on Cleveland haha and I was soooooo close to doing Jacksonville and Tennessee and parr'ing them lol.

Took my loss though. :lol:

I will say, I LOVED the Jets and the over in that game and got scared off the game by the wrong way line move and scared off the over because Hilton was out.

And then on the night game I liked the over a lot, but it was in the high 50's iirc and I just couldn't pull the trigger even though it felt like a straight up lock.

I've been really good the last 3 to 4 years. Winning seasons all over the place, though mostly just about break even, but smashed futures the last 2 years... but if I wasn't such a pussy I'd be up a grip that whole time. Then again, about 4 or 5 years ago I had a minus 2 G-ish season on the NFL and NBA and that just pisses you off. I NEVER bet above my head, but losing $2000 in a 5 month span still makes you want to choke a bitch. :lol:

Like I can't tell you what I did with my $1800 winning week from Portland winning the division and 80% of my o/u totals hitting, or my +1000 SB week when Philly won(again, mostly from small bets on the future), but I can tell you the week 4 seasons ago I lost $580 and bout Coors Lite for a month instead of $14 a 6 pack craft brews cause I'm somehow a cheapskate and the losing week left a bitter taste in my mouth lol.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1938 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:36 am

I was kicking myself for not betting the over in the NE/KC game.

I took the Packers to win straight up versus San Fran but this may end up being a dud if the Packers don't get any stops. San Fran just tied it up 20-20.

Yeah I'm not trying to lose that much over a 5 month period right now :lol:

I'm still on the fence about the Nets O/U. :nonono:

I do however feel like taking us against the spread vs. Detroit. I think we can beat them even if its a road game.

vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#1939 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:14 am

MrDollarBills wrote:I was kicking myself for not betting the over in the NE/KC game.

I took the Packers to win straight up versus San Fran but this may end up being a dud if the Packers don't get any stops. San Fran just tied it up 20-20.

I do however feel like taking us against the spread vs. Detroit. I think we can beat them even if its a road game.

Pacers under, Jazz under and Ayton for ROTY and I'll probably take a flyer on the Nets making the playoffs at +320.

Also, what was the money line on that Packers game? Jesus dude, must have been like -470 lol.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1940 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:43 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I was kicking myself for not betting the over in the NE/KC game.

Pacers under, Jazz under and Ayton for ROTY and I'll probably take a flyer on the Nets making the playoffs at +320.

Also, what was the money line on that Packers game? Jesus dude, must have been like -470 lol.

It was -425.

Return to Brooklyn Nets