ImageImageImageImageImage

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Official Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Re: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Official Thread 

Post#1041 » by shakendfries » Fri Jun 2, 2017 5:51 pm

Karate Diop wrote:As much as I'm onboard with what the organization has been doing lately... I really wish they'd try to develop RHJ as a SF rather than as a PF.

There's more short-term growing pains playing him at a SF but there's higher potential as well... The havoc he causes defensively on the perimeter is a joy to watch.

What's wrong with Rondae playing the SF role on defense & PF on offense? The league is becoming increasingly positionless anyway

If we went by traditional positions KD would be a PF

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,842

Post#1042 » by Karate Diop » Fri Jun 2, 2017 6:13 pm

shakendfries wrote:
Karate Diop wrote:As much as I'm onboard with what the organization has been doing lately... I really wish they'd try to develop RHJ as a SF rather than as a PF.

There's more short-term growing pains playing him at a SF but there's higher potential as well... The havoc he causes defensively on the perimeter is a joy to watch.

What's wrong with Rondae playing the SF role on defense & PF on offense? The league is becoming increasingly positionless anyway

That's not what happened last year though, and in your scenario this also forces your "SF" to defend the opposing team's "PF" which in most cases doesn't work.
twosevenstreet
Senior
And1: 168

Post#1043 » by twosevenstreet » Fri Jun 2, 2017 6:25 pm

Karate Diop wrote:
shakendfries wrote:

That's not what happened last year though, and in your scenario this also forces your "SF" to defend the opposing team's "PF" which in most cases doesn't work.

That's exactly what happened last year, or to be more precise:
Offense = PF
Defense = Freelance / PF
Spread Em and Dead em.
-Sad DLO is gone
-Allen will become LobCity DJ
-Kyrie will be top 3 for MVP if we get to 50+ wins, he will average 27ppg, 7apg, shooting 50-40-90
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,911

Post#1044 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 2, 2017 8:19 pm

RHJ was defending whoever was necessary to step in front of on defense last year. He's fine at PF just needs to get stronger and add another tool to his offensive game (pull up mid range J hopefully)

Having a PG, SG, SF, and PF that can swarm and switch is what will keep us in every game next season regardless of Lopez.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#1045 » by kamaze » Sat Jun 3, 2017 10:27 am

Marks said they need a small forward draft Kurucs and sign or trade for a starter while he gets more seasoning in europe.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#1046 » by shakendfries » Sat Jun 3, 2017 1:30 pm

kamaze wrote:Marks said they need a small forward draft Kurucs and sign or trade for a starter while he gets more seasoning in europe.

Crabbe

ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1047 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jun 4, 2017 5:38 am

with crabbe, his defense is a concern. his 3pt shooting however, in a line up with Lin/LeVert/RHJ/Lopez, is pretty enticing.

Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#1048 » by Claud » Sun Jun 4, 2017 4:48 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:with crabbe, his defense is a concern. his 3pt shooting however, in a line up with Lin/LeVert/RHJ/Lopez, is pretty enticing.

Crabbe is fools gold. We need at least 2 draft picks to take on his albatross contract for me to consider. I'd rather offer big contracts to KCP or Potter with our cap space over having Crabbe waste our cap for the next 3 years.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#1049 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Jun 4, 2017 6:36 pm

Claud wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:with crabbe, his defense is a concern. his 3pt shooting however, in a line up with Lin/LeVert/RHJ/Lopez, is pretty enticing.

Crabbe is fools gold. We need at least 2 draft picks to take on his albatross contract for me to consider. I'd rather offer big contracts to KCP or Potter with our cap space over having Crabbe waste our cap for the next 3 years.

I'd take just the 15th overall and 3 years of Crabbe on a heavily bloated salary over no pick and 4 years of 25% 1st max on KCP.

KCP is the definition of fool's gold himself. He's wildly inefficient and has little to no remaining upside. He's poor man's young Afflalolol about to get triple the overpay Afflalolol got coming off his rookie deal, even accounting for inflation/present cap context.

Yuck, yuck and more yuck.

Porter I love the idea of, but he's a pipedream. Again, I'm willing to bet $100+ that he doesn't even hit the market and if by chance he does Washington snap matches(well actually waits til the last hour to tie up said team's cap as long as they can lol) any offer.

I mean I'll literally bet anyone here $100 on that, we can throw the money in a PayPal that someone like NyCe, Rich, JG, or Prok, etc. has the password to and holds it in escrow. :wink:

Just give up the idea of Porter, guys... Even if Washington sees no way they keep him at max, they'll sign him or match him and trade him for value a year or so down the road. There will always be a positive value market for Porter as long as he doesn't have a major injury. Maybe even then. After he's locked up on max, say draft night 2018, the Wiz will still be able to get a minimum of a late lotto pick, salary relief in the form of half expiring, half cap for him and likely much more, even if his efficiency has likely regression.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1050 » by Prokorov » Mon Jun 5, 2017 11:10 am

Porter and KCP would both be enormous mistakes... worse then if portland didnt match crabbe.

id take crabbe with a pick though. but it would be at best 26. portland wont trade 15
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#1051 » by kamaze » Mon Jun 5, 2017 11:35 am

Prok knows the future.

I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
twosevenstreet
Senior
And1: 168

Post#1052 » by twosevenstreet » Mon Jun 5, 2017 4:49 pm

Am I the only person that doesn't find asian women attractive?
Spread Em and Dead em.
-Sad DLO is gone
-Allen will become LobCity DJ
-Kyrie will be top 3 for MVP if we get to 50+ wins, he will average 27ppg, 7apg, shooting 50-40-90
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1053 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jun 5, 2017 6:25 pm

twosevenstreet wrote:Am I the only person that doesn't find asian women attractive?

Yes, I believe so.

shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#1054 » by shakendfries » Mon Jun 5, 2017 6:37 pm

twosevenstreet wrote:Am I the only person that doesn't find asian women attractive?

Yes.

ImageImage

vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#1055 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Jun 5, 2017 7:46 pm

Prokorov wrote:Porter and KCP would both be enormous mistakes... worse then if portland didnt match crabbe.

id take crabbe with a pick though. but it would be at best 26. portland wont trade 15

I'd be borderline shocked if they can get straight up cap for Crabbe and the 26th.

Even an expiring for him, especially if that player is useful, will cost them at least the 20th imho. A really good player and you're talking multiple picks.

Have to wonder if this is how Lopez gets traded?

Something like Lopez/Booker for Crabbe/Leonard/15/20 and a 2018 1st?
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1056 » by Prokorov » Mon Jun 5, 2017 8:11 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Prokorov wrote:Porter and KCP would both be enormous mistakes... worse then if portland didnt match crabbe.

I'd be borderline shocked if they can get straight up cap for Crabbe and the 26th.

Even an expiring for him, especially if that player is useful, will cost them at least the 20th imho. A really good player and you're talking multiple picks.

that deal just makes no sense for portland. they have nurkic. brook doesnt move the needle. the deal doesnt get them under the cap. and they give up 3 picks which would be players cost controlled for 3 years. thats like a billy king trade.

why do that when they can do something like harkless/15 for #12 and then move davis for like 75% cap releive. get under the tax and land an impact player in the late lotto?

the trade you propose above to me is proposterous. they dont add players who move the needle, they dont put themsleves in good cap position, they trade THREE draft picks and they fill 0 needs.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#1057 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Jun 5, 2017 8:25 pm

Prokorov wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:

that deal just makes no sense for portland. they have nurkic. brook doesnt move the needle. the deal doesnt get them under the cap. and they give up 3 picks which would be players cost controlled for 3 years. thats like a billy king trade.

why do that when they can do something like harkless/15 for #12 and then move davis for like 75% cap releive. get under the tax and land an impact player in the late lotto?

the trade you propose above to me is proposterous. they dont add players who move the needle, they dont put themsleves in good cap position, they trade THREE draft picks and they fill 0 needs.

I didn't realize how well Nurkic played for them after he was traded there.

But I really do hate how biased you are when it comes to Lopez. I get he's not a lead the team type of star. And I get his defense is suspect. I get his rebounding is subpar. But he definitely improves a good team and makes them that much more dangerous, especially if a team is lacking a center or big man in general and/or needs scoring punch.

Lopez on his own is probably worth right in that very late lotto to 20th pick range without taking back any salary, let alone taking back 3 years of truly terrible salary, to the tune of $89 million dollars.

Just shipping Portland an expiring for Crabbe and Leonard and we're talking like a borderline bad player on expiring, would cost them those 3 picks in all likelihood, at least 2 of them.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1058 » by Prokorov » Mon Jun 5, 2017 8:38 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:I didn't realize how well Nurkic played for them after he was traded there.

But I really do hate how biased you are when it comes to Lopez. I get he's not a lead the team type of star. And I get his defense is suspect. I get his rebounding is subpar. But he definitely improves a good team and makes them that much more dangerous, especially if a team is lacking a center or big man in general and/or needs scoring punch.

portland barely made the playoffs. how does lopez really help that team? let alone help them so much in 1 season as a rental that its worth giving up 2 years of picks for him? and 3 picks in total? look i get im harder on lopez then maybe warranted... but that value is bananas. 3 picks?

Lopez on his own is probably worth right in that very late lotto to 20th pick range without taking back any salary, let alone taking back 3 years of truly terrible salary, to the tune of $89 million dollars.

they dont need us to take back that salary though.... and its a lose lose situation for them:

-if they let lopez walk they dunped 3 picks for a rental that probably still doesn get them out of the first round
-if they sing lopez they just locked themselves into 4 years of hopinh lillard/lopez/CJ can be a core that contends without any assets to build around them

Just shipping Portland an expiring for Crabbe and Leonard and we're talking like a borderline bad player on expiring, would cost them those 3 picks in all likelihood, at least 2 of them.

but they would never even consider that. it simply doesnt help them. you need to look at it from portlands perspective... what are they achieving. not what would it take to dump guys they dont need to dump.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#1059 » by Papi_swav » Tue Jun 6, 2017 2:50 am

Nope, you are not the only one bro... black and latino girls all day over here :nod:
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1060 » by Prokorov » Tue Jun 6, 2017 11:01 am

Papi_swav wrote:

Nope, you are not the only one bro... black and latino girls all day over here :nod:

+1

Asian chicks dont do it for me.

Return to Brooklyn Nets