ImageImageImageImageImage

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Official Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Re: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Official Thread 

Post#1301 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Nov 1, 2017 11:25 am

MrDollarBills wrote:He seemed visibly distraught after the game, I don't know if people saw him speak after the game to reporters. He was not happy with that loss.

I thought he was going to break down in tears. At least he really cares.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,720

Post#1302 » by TinmanZBoy » Wed Nov 1, 2017 1:02 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:He seemed visibly distraught after the game, I don't know if people saw him speak after the game to reporters. He was not happy with that loss.

if you watched how Rondae hustled on d, u know the Kid really wanted this win...
i think the whole team's energy was good too, but a few minutes' lapses here and there the game went away, they really wanted this win, that's the disappointing part...
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#1303 » by SpeedyG » Wed Nov 1, 2017 1:03 pm

I've been Rondae's biggest critics but he has really shown great improvement. I still am not 100% sure he's a 4. When I watch him, he still looks like a 3 playing 4 rather than an undersized 4 (if that makes sense). If anything, his improvement is actually making him more and more of a viable option at the 3. The dude is hitting nearly 90% of his FTs! That's a big jump from the low 70s his rookie year. He has confidence in his mid range and he's not as out of control as he used to.

Of course we have such a lack of big guys so he's probably going to have to man up front. But very pleased with his play so far.
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#1304 » by bws94 » Wed Nov 1, 2017 1:36 pm

Curns13 wrote:
shakendfries wrote:
shakendfries wrote:
when the most productive player on the team speaks, I only hope the rest of that locker room listens

Context: Dae is asked by a reporter as a vet on this team how does he take charge in the bounce back effort

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

That quickly went from bad too good. All the way with RHJ.

Yeah, RHJ is all-in team and if he is looked at as a leader, it's by example. Much different than just the quote by itself.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,850

Post#1305 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 1, 2017 2:47 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:

I thought he was about to cry too. I felt bad, but also reassured in a way. this guy really cares.

better days are ahead, they just have to keep grinding as a team. I think he's going to be better than we all may have expected, regardless of his position. this dude was out there guarding centers :lol:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1306 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 1, 2017 2:49 pm

TinmanZBoy wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:

if you watched how Rondae hustled on d, u know the Kid really wanted this win...
i think the whole team's energy was good too, but a few minutes' lapses here and there the game went away, they really wanted this win, that's the disappointing part...

yeah....we had some mental errors and then we had a style shift in play making going from Dinwiddie to Russell. it will take time to correct.

bws94
Head Coach

Post#1307 » by bws94 » Wed Nov 1, 2017 3:16 pm

RHJ left it all out there on the court. It's a good thing he's distraught over the game. He's distraught, not defeated. There was a positive tilt to what he was saying. a come together, work it out together message communicated.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#1308 » by Paradise » Wed Nov 1, 2017 3:23 pm

He looks EXACTLY like Gerald Wallace out there. It’s crazy.

TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,720

Post#1309 » by TinmanZBoy » Wed Nov 1, 2017 3:26 pm

Paradise wrote:He looks EXACTLY like Gerald Wallace out there. It’s crazy.

I would say Rondae is better on d than Crash, Crash is better on offense...
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,836

Post#1310 » by Karate Diop » Wed Nov 1, 2017 3:37 pm

SpeedyG wrote:I've been Rondae's biggest critics but he has really shown great improvement. I still am not 100% sure he's a 4. When I watch him, he still looks like a 3 playing 4 rather than an undersized 4 (if that makes sense). If anything, his improvement is actually making him more and more of a viable option at the 3. The dude is hitting nearly 90% of his FTs! That's a big jump from the low 70s his rookie year. He has confidence in his mid range and he's not as out of control as he used to.

Of course we have such a lack of big guys so he's probably going to have to man up front. But very pleased with his play so far.

This is something I've wondered as well... Given his improvement, is it time to move Hollis-Jefferson back to SF?

Not this year of course as the Nets are ill-suited to do so, but long-term is Rondae now a a viable SF?
Sleepyazn
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#1311 » by Sleepyazn » Wed Nov 1, 2017 4:39 pm

Karate Diop wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:I've been Rondae's biggest critics but he has really shown great improvement. I still am not 100% sure he's a 4. When I watch him, he still looks like a 3 playing 4 rather than an undersized 4 (if that makes sense). If anything, his improvement is actually making him more and more of a viable option at the 3. The dude is hitting nearly 90% of his FTs! That's a big jump from the low 70s his rookie year. He has confidence in his mid range and he's not as out of control as he used to.

This is something I've wondered as well... Given his improvement, is it time to move Hollis-Jefferson back to SF?

Not this year of course as the Nets are ill-suited to do so, but long-term is Rondae now a a viable SF?

If his 3 point shot can stop being a set shot and he can pull it off the dribble then yeah
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,354

Post#1312 » by Infinite Llamas » Wed Nov 1, 2017 4:41 pm

Just dropping by to say this guy is a delight to watch. Always love it when young guys start to realize their true potential and take the next step. Especially guys that give it all in defense. Hope this guy becomes an all-star staple for years to come.
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#1313 » by Ror1997 » Fri Nov 3, 2017 3:59 am

Infinite Llamas wrote:Just dropping by to say this guy is a delight to watch. Always love it when young guys start to realize their true potential and take the next step. Especially guys that give it all in defense. Hope this guy becomes an all-star staple for years to come.

Thanks man, its fun to watch him develop before our eyes too. We all kinda prospect hugged him when he came into the league since we had nothing else to do :lol:
Paradise

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Official Thread 

Post#1314 » by Paradise » Sat Nov 4, 2017 4:26 pm

21 Pts / 5 Rebs / 4 Asts / 2 Stls / 6-10 FG / 9-11 FT

bws94
Head Coach

Post#1315 » by bws94 » Sat Nov 4, 2017 5:45 pm

Did RHJ give a post-game interview? I want to know what he said and how he was? Last post-game interview, he was distraught.

RHJ, though young, is a leader on the team. I saw him talking a lot to DLo and it looked like RHJ was in the leadership role. And that's a positive, IMO. I think RHJ is cut out to lead in his way. And he's the most tenured Net.
bws94
Head Coach

Post#1316 » by bws94 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:03 am

3 or 4, who cares? Rondae did the job on LIllard tonight. Rondae made big defensive plays, especially the steal on Lillard without fouling and that tap back to DLo after he missed the foul shot. Dang, he was good. RHJ is going to be an integral part of this team for a long time. He's a keeper and a great kid. Hope he stays healthy and then he'll continue to improve on both ends of the court. I don't know, in some ways, he looks like the team's MVP.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1317 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:39 am

He is the best overall player on the team.

Paradise

Post#1318 » by Paradise » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1319 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:59 pm

lol setting that screen to force that switch was the worst thing that they could have done. great job RHJ

DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#1320 » by DeRoma » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:05 pm

Now that RHJ has been playing phenomenal, would you guys consider trading him? Maybe RHJ and LeVert for Jabari Parker

Return to Brooklyn Nets