Official Caris LeVert Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Official Caris LeVert Thread 

Post#1 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:59 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYel4gbufa8[/youtube]

like the pick alot if the injuries check out. Woj says one of the guys on our medical staff did his surgery. Was thought of as lottery talent if not for the injuries. Led michigan in all major statistical categories prior to injury. Great in the pick and roll. 3 & D mold with some offensive creation ability.

7'1" wingspan
Last edited by NyCeEvO on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Correcting name of player; changed from 'Cavis' to 'Caris'
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,535

Re: Official Cavis LeVert Thread 

Post#2 » by Rich Rane » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:59 am

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#3 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:03 am

great hard working kid, great story and easy to root for. certainly fits the mold marks/atikinson want to bring in.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#4 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:03 am

at least he's young for a senior....

but still a bit shocked... timetable?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#5 » by jbeachboy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:06 am

should nets hold him out until his foot heals? how long is this?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#6 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:07 am

same exact injury as durant, same surgeon
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#7 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:08 am

jbeachboy wrote:should nets hold him out until his foot heals? how long is this?

he could be ready for preseason.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,067

Post#8 » by therealbig3 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:09 am

Like I said in the other thread, if he develops into a good 3 and D player, I'll be really happy.

It's good to know that our coach will actually develop talent and help them realize their potential. You look at guys like Draymond Green, Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard...these guys wouldn't be where they are without the right guys there to help them develop their skills...and I feel like we have that with Atkinson now. If we ever had a chance to get that stud late in the draft, it's with him.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#9 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:10 am

what about the leg injury? hope there's nothin cronic....
The ModFather

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#10 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:11 am

therealbig3 wrote:Like I said in the other thread, if he develops into a good 3 and D player, I'll be really happy.

It's good to know that our coach will actually develop talent and help them realize their potential. You look at guys like Draymond Green, Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard...these guys wouldn't be where they are without the right guys there to help them develop their skills...and I feel like we have that with Atkinson now. If we ever had a chance to get that stud late in the draft, it's with him.

those guys didn't come in with the injuries that Levert does....

still trying to optimistic...
The ModFather

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#11 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:11 am

therealbig3 wrote:Like I said in the other thread, if he develops into a good 3 and D player, I'll be really happy.

yeah, knowing one of the guys on our staff was involved in the surgery makes me much more confident in this kid. can see him and RHJ being a killer duo off the bench.

the kid is a super hard worker and with atkinson i think he could really turn into a solid player. i can see him being like KCP for sure
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,196

Post#12 » by Papi_swav » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:14 am

Man this dude will never be healthy . We going to have to worry about him going down every year like we do with brook Lopez. Now he might not even be ready for the start of season . Get ready to give the Celtics the 1st pick in next years deep draft
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#13 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:15 am

turns 22 in August....

I guess we can't finalize the draft grade til we see Levert in action and maintains health.

However I do not blame the questionable reactions from fans, including myself, about drafting an injured athlete at 20...

Thank god he' a good shooter for me
The ModFather

therealbig3
RealGM

Post#14 » by therealbig3 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:21 am

I don't mean Levert necessarily, I just mean whenever we do draft late in the 1st, I feel like Atkinson is the guy that can help us develop the next Jimmy Butler.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#15 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:22 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/746162227091234816[/tweet]
The ModFather

therealbig3
RealGM

Post#16 » by therealbig3 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:24 am

Lol can we wait until the guy plays a season before we write him off as an injury-prone bust? Lol.

And I swear, you guys are acting like Thad was some integral part of the team, and he's a huge loss for us. We won 21 games with him. He's really not important for our team whatsoever, it's almost impossible to get worse.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#17 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:27 am

Papi_swav wrote:Man this dude will never be healthy . We going to have to worry about him going down every year like we do with brook Lopez. Now he might not even be ready for the start of season . Get ready to give the Celtics the 1st pick in next years deep draft

why do you think he will never be healthy? durant looked pretty healthy this year. same injury, same surgeron. even if he isnt, its a good risk vs. reward pick. he has all the talent.

our season doesnt hinge on who we drafted at #20 anyway. no one we took there was going to be a day 1 starter and high impact player.

how we fill out the roster in Free agency and trades will determine our short and long term success. levert adds the exact type of guy we want. a hard working 3 and D player with a high motor and work ethic.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#18 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:33 am

therealbig3 wrote:Lol can we wait until the guy plays a season before we write him off as an injury-prone bust? Lol.

And I swear, you guys are acting like Thad was some integral part of the team, and he's a huge loss for us. We won 21 games with him. He's really not important for our team whatsoever, it's almost impossible to get worse.

this times 1000.

thad wasnt some huge cornerstone of the franchise. if your a metrics guy he had nuetral impact (+0.36 RAPM).

im going to keep saying it.... step back and see the big picture. take a look at the list of PF's among playoff teams. outside of blake/LMA/Zbo the rest are all stretch 4's, small ball 4's, and versatile mobile defending 4s. and thad isnt on the blake/LMA level.

forget "how do we replace thad". he did nothing you need to replace! the better question is how do we transition from thad to a PF who does thing you need to win in todays league. and i dont think you need to invest big money in that.

invest the money in gurds and wings. go find a stretch or defensive role playing 4 and pay him accordingly. forget the 15 ppg on mediocure shooting. let our new wings and gaurds handle the scoring load with brook.

there clearly was a reason there wasnt much interest in thad despite his contract. and that reason is exactly what i just posted above.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,480

Post#19 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:39 am

3 & D, 7 foot wing span...good

another injured player being drafted...*sigh*

still, this kid isn't the issue.

the cap space that we now have from this trade.

It BETTER had be used. properly. i want at least competition every night, if we fall short of the playoffs fine but i don't want to gift another pick to the celtics in the top 5.

if the Nets punt another season i'll be pissed. i'll wait to hear Marks speak but really, i need to hear the logic. we trade an asset for an injured prospect. we open cap space. great.

whats the plan? because i will tell you right now, the Nets aren't an appealing option for the A or B free agents of this class.
and fournier is NOT coming now with the trade of Oladipo.

i see ZERO LOGIC in punting this season. keeping flexibility for a max player in 2017? YES. Punting the upcoming season? NO.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#20 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:47 am