ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Caris LeVert Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Born_Ready
Veteran
And1: 476

Re: Official Caris LeVert Thread 

Post#1301 » by Born_Ready » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:40 pm

This is becoming somewhat concerning that he is still not in uniform. Is the knee more injured than we were led to believe? I mean, I guess there is no need to have him rush back due to the season woes, but damn, he can't progress in street clothes.
OKC Thunder fan, too.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#1302 » by Paradise » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:49 pm

Born_Ready wrote:This is becoming somewhat concerning that he is still not in uniform. Is the knee more injured than we were led to believe? I mean, I guess there is no need to have him rush back due to the season woes, but damn, he can't progress in street clothes.

Anyone who saw that hit should be glad it’s not anything more serious that would keep him out for the season like Joe Harris last year. He looked dead as soon as he got crushed by Nene.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,847

Post#1303 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:07 am

I thought that he easily sustained a neck injury. this is why I was livid about the play in general. sure it was within the rules but still. that was a football level collision. i hope the folks who shouted down everyone upset about that play are happy now, its nearly March and LeVert is still on the shelf. what a derailment.

i'm not going to get upset at the Nets being coy about injuries, but now I'm alarmed. both players have missed a lot of time for what seem to be minor injuries.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#1304 » by shakendfries » Mon Mar 5, 2018 5:54 am

ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#1305 » by kamaze » Mon Mar 5, 2018 8:26 am

:clap: :clap: :clap: GrEAT game from LeVert tonight! 27 points off the bench POTG :clap: :clap: : :clap:

Spoiler:
SHAME ON YOU NETS BROADCAST TEAM FOR SAYING THE OTHER TEAM HAD THE PLAYER OF THE GAME :nonono:
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#1306 » by MGrand15 » Mon Mar 5, 2018 1:27 pm

He had a rough end to the game with 2 guys hitting shots in his face and a bad TO but this game is exactly why some of us thought he'd be starting this year. Why I think he's the best guard on the team and why the shooting slumps never changed that.

Got to the rim at will. Ran in transition like a gazelle. Nearly shut down an all star level guard. Ridiculous Chase down block. Gorgeous passes all night. Money from 3.

I just see plus skills all across the board. and stuff you can't teach or develop.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#1307 » by Claud » Mon Mar 5, 2018 4:51 pm

MGrand15 wrote:He had a rough end to the game with 2 guys hitting shots in his face and a bad TO but this game is exactly why some of us thought he'd be starting this year. Why I think he's the best guard on the team and why the shooting slumps never changed that.

Got to the rim at will. Ran in transition like a gazelle. Nearly shut down an all star level guard. Ridiculous Chase down block. Gorgeous passes all night. Money from 3.

I just see plus skills all across the board. and stuff you can't teach or develop.

He should be our starting PG.

Great chemistry with RHJ and Fro and everyone really. Still has flaws but It's easier to look past them if you see defensive effort and hustle... things lacking in Dinwiddie and Russell.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,581

Post#1308 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Mon Mar 5, 2018 5:15 pm

Claud wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:He had a rough end to the game with 2 guys hitting shots in his face and a bad TO but this game is exactly why some of us thought he'd be starting this year. Why I think he's the best guard on the team and why the shooting slumps never changed that.

He should be our starting PG.

Great chemistry with RHJ and Fro and everyone really. Still has flaws but It's easier to look past them if you see defensive effort and hustle... things lacking in Dinwiddie and Russell.

I agree I always wanted Caris to be our starter. Maybe we should be starting LeVert/Crabbe/Carroll/RHJ/Allen until Dinwiddie and DLo get their **** together.
Paradise

Post#1309 » by Paradise » Tue Mar 6, 2018 4:50 am

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#1310 » by MGrand15 » Fri Mar 9, 2018 9:32 pm

No love for Alpha Dog LeVert.

This dudes potential is through the roof. How many guys can completely run the offense, get to the rim at will, AND guard the other teams best player in a game? Seriously. Not many.

Our starting guards better step it up. At some point we're gonna have to see how the starting unit runs when Caris is running the show and not just being a secondary ball handler.
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#1311 » by steady » Fri Mar 9, 2018 10:10 pm

MGrand15 wrote:No love for Alpha Dog LeVert.

This dudes potential is through the roof. How many guys can completely run the offense, get to the rim at will, AND guard the other teams best player in a game? Seriously. Not many.

Our starting guards better step it up. At some point we're gonna have to see how the starting unit runs when Caris is running the show and not just being a secondary ball handler.

There is a lot of love for A D LeVert. It is just all being expressed in the Game Thread for the Hornets game last night
shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#1312 » by shakendfries » Fri Mar 9, 2018 10:12 pm

this is the production most of us have been expecting from Caris & waiting for this season, but his sophomore slump has been a little underwhelming with the way things have gone for the team this season. Caris has been great these past two good games, and hopefully it carries over into the rest of the season & beyond
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#1313 » by bws94 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:04 pm

shakendfries wrote:

this is the production most of us have been expecting from Caris & waiting for this season, but his sophomore slump has been a little underwhelming with the way things have gone for the team this season. Caris has been great these past two good games, and hopefully it carries over into the rest of the season & beyond

IMO, if the team is going to go on a solid run and end up north of 26 wins, CLV has to play very well. CLV and RHJ with some big scoring from DLo and Dinwiddie getting back some aggressiveness. But CLV tearing it up in the second unit and finishing some games is key.
Aussienet3
Junior
And1: 90

Post#1314 » by Aussienet3 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:19 am

shakendfries wrote:

Sophmore slump? He has had injuries and the team has not rushed him back. Dinwiddie needs to be rested and Caris needs to start. Nothing against dinwiddie. He has been superb for us this year. He looks like he has run out of juice. Caris has the fresher legs to finish off the season.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,581

Post#1315 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:40 am

Anyone else think our boy looks like a 6’7 Kyrie on this possession?

Plays like this are why I think he has the most potential on the team.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#1316 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:19 am

Ball on a string. Hope he's good to go.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#1317 » by shakendfries » Sun Apr 1, 2018 3:11 am

Caris should be the Nets starting PG
ImageImage

Sleepyazn
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#1318 » by Sleepyazn » Sun Apr 1, 2018 3:34 am

The only thing that worries me long term about LeVert is health. He gets random injuries alittle too often.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#1319 » by DarkXaero » Sun Apr 1, 2018 5:15 am

Can't wait to see him next season after another offseason of improvement. If he can stay healthy, I expect next year to be his breakout season.
Paradise

Post#1320 » by Paradise » Sun Apr 1, 2018 12:10 pm

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Brooklyn Nets