ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Caris LeVert Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Barnsey
Junior
And1: 88

Re: Official Caris LeVert Thread 

Post#1821 » by Barnsey » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:58 am

Man Caris just does not look locked in in this Wizards game. Is he tired? Still feeling the injury? Doesn't seem to be playing with the same joy and inspiration that we're used to

Just after half time: 0-5 FG, 2 TO's, 0 asts, 0 pts, 2 fouls, 13 mins.
Twitter: @Barnsketball
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,479

Post#1822 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:27 am

Barnsey wrote:Man Caris just does not look locked in in this Wizards game. Is he tired? Still feeling the injury? Doesn't seem to be playing with the same joy and inspiration that we're used to

This is the worst performance I've ever seen from him in a Nets uniform. I'm not sure what happened in his personal life but today was the first time I've ever seen him so mentally out of it. He was not prepared to play at all.

Keep in mind, LeVert has posted some stinkers before, but nothing remotely like this. I expect him to bounce back big time friday night.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1823 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:10 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Barnsey wrote:Man Caris just does not look locked in in this Wizards game. Is he tired? Still feeling the injury? Doesn't seem to be playing with the same joy and inspiration that we're used to

This is the worst performance I've ever seen from him in a Nets uniform. I'm not sure what happened in his personal life but today was the first time I've ever seen him so mentally out of it. He was not prepared to play at all.

Keep in mind, LeVert has posted some stinkers before, but nothing remotely like this. I expect him to bounce back big time friday night.

i just hope the fans calling him a superstar a week into the season arent going to turn on him and start bashing him like they did when he struggled 1 month last year.

he will be ok. he is taking the right shots just missing them.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#1824 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:20 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

i just hope the fans calling him a superstar a week into the season arent going to turn on him and start bashing him like they did when he struggled 1 month last year.

TRADE HIM
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#1825 » by MGrand15 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:21 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

TRADE HIM

Hey you're responding to the ONLY guy on the board who didn't want LeVert cut last year. A true LeVert believer.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1826 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:33 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

TRADE HIM

Hey you're responding to the ONLY guy on the board who didn't want LeVert cut last year. A true LeVert believer.

im in the middle... its why im always labeled a hater... because many here (no one in particular and not saying you) either want to call a guy a superstar or want him cut.

I never thought levert was a star or an all-star. i still dont. i think he has high end starting role guy potential. people called me a hater for that and saying id deal him for someone like butler or kemba or kawhi. these same people will be putting him in proposed trades in a week if he doesnt turn it around.

dont get me wrong, i have my guys ive wanted out (crabbe initially, lopez) and guys i thought were stars (russell currently although he forced me to be a believer i wasnt all in day 1)
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Official Caris LeVert Thread 

Post#1827 » by Paradise » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:43 pm

LeVert ranks 21st by ESPN’s best prospects 25 and under list. Ahead of Jaylen Brown.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,869

Post#1828 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Mar 1, 2019 6:36 am

LeVert to me still has all star potential. I can't ignore the way he playing in the beginning of the season.

Not as well as Russell was now but he was very very good.

But he had a major injury and is out of the flow of the offense. He has been putrid offensively since coming back. But theres no doubt in my mind that he can't become what he was. Just needs time and patience.

Problem is that this stretch is so critical that we can't afford to play anyone who is struggling. Hopefully he gets back to normal soon.
Barnsey
Junior
And1: 88

Post#1829 » by Barnsey » Fri Mar 1, 2019 9:25 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

I know what happened. It's the one game i've watched live with Caris Levert in it. Sorry guys, I will never watch again.
Twitter: @Barnsketball
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1830 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 1, 2019 1:24 pm

Can we give LeVert more than seven games before the anxiety sets in? Jesus Christ.

SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#1831 » by SpeedyG » Fri Mar 1, 2019 1:42 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Can we give LeVert more than seven games before the anxiety sets in? Jesus Christ.
lol guy was out 4 months. Physically he looks fine, just gotta get his rhythm back. Plus his role has changed a bit with Russell playing more on the ball.

The knee jerk as always is real.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
enko
Junior
And1: 201

Post#1832 » by enko » Mon Apr 8, 2019 8:01 am

Levert is regaining his form and is getting better.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1833 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 8, 2019 10:51 am

In April, he is now averaging 17/4/5 on 48/45/57(oooof). TS is 58%

outside of that appalling FT%, we are starting to see LeVert return to form. Since March 25th he's been really cooking

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1834 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 8, 2019 2:35 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:In April, he is now averaging 17/4/5 on 48/45/57(oooof). TS is 58%

outside of that appalling FT%, we are starting to see LeVert return to form. Since March 25th he's been really cooking

and alot of those threes were off the dribble too. He has been outstanding and its huge to have us not miss a beat when russell goes to the bench and levert takes over or levet goes to the bench and russell takes over. obviously they can play together but having both on is huge for this team.

His defense even looks to be improving as time goes on. if he gets his chemistry with allen back it will be fun to watch.

if dinwiddie can find his magic and all 3 get going at once it could be a fun first round
enko
Junior
And1: 201

Post#1835 » by enko » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:55 pm

Good performance by Levert on his first NBA playoff game.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#1836 » by Paradise » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:21 pm

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#1837 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:51 pm

Paradise wrote:

Vincecarter4pres wrote:

The dude who had a shocked face after Caris's last 3 during Game 1 is at the very end of this highlight video. But instead of showing it for 0.5secs, ESPN had it on for like 3-5 seconds. I felt like an eternity. It was hilarious.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,748

Post#1838 » by Karate Diop » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:47 pm

Does anyone have a clip of LeVert's first-half crossover on Embiid?

I thought Embiid's ankles were literally going to snap (also I don't know if this happened before or after the Embiid bow but Embiid was noticeably ticked off after that play which makes a part of me wonder if that's what prompted his Muay Thai shot to JAFRO's head).
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#1839 » by kamaze » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:53 pm

Karate Diop wrote:Does anyone have a clip of LeVert's first-half crossover on Embiid?

I thought Embiid's ankles were literally going to snap (also I don't know if this happened before or after the Embiid bow but Embiid was noticeably ticked off after that play which makes a part of me wonder if that's what prompted his Muay Thai shot to JAFRO's head).

It was before the elbow that he should've been thrown out for.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1840 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:04 pm

This kid is averaging 22pts, 5rebs, 3asts 47%3PT in the playoffs. Unreal.

Return to Brooklyn Nets