ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Caris LeVert Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,553

Re: Official Caris LeVert Thread 

Post#1841 » by oldshoolballer » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:43 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:This kid is averaging 22pts, 5rebs, 3asts 47%3PT in the playoffs. Unreal.

Love his game a star in the making.Fun to watch plays like a veteran.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#1842 » by Claud » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:29 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:This kid is averaging 22pts, 5rebs, 3asts 47%3PT in the playoffs. Unreal.

He's almost back already which is incredible. It did not look like he would be close to his level again THIS season... but since the Portland game at the end of the season he's starting to play with his old swagger again and playing like Caris pre-injury.

I thought it was going to take a whole other summer to get his mind/rhythm back but Caris has been our best performer in the playoffs so far. Happy for the kid.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#1843 » by SpeedyG » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:14 pm

Is it possible the injury was a blessing in disguise? I wss one of his hypers here but it's because of his defense and ability to get to wherever he wants on the court.

Now, he's also shooting threes at a higher clip than at any stretch in his professional career. Granted, small sample size. But id it possible that him being able to shoot...but not run during rehab, forced him too really work on his shot and be more consistent?

He kind of has a weird "push" motion on his release which results in some awkward misses, but it seems to be looking better.

If you tell me that Caris would outshoot Joe and Russell from three in the playoffs, I think we all would take the under on that.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#1844 » by MGrand15 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:49 pm

I don't want to see any LeVert bashing this summer. He's been our best player in the playoffs. Controlled the game on offense no matter who was guarding him while flying around on defense guarding JJ Redick.

There was a play in crunch time where he chased JJ around like 10 screens contested his 3pt shot by the right corner, then he flew down the opposite end of the court to snatch the rebound from Embiid.
enko
Junior
And1: 201

Post#1845 » by enko » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:39 am

Levert is amazing.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#1846 » by gigantes » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:10 am

MGrand15 wrote:I don't want to see any LeVert bashing this summer...

Seems like it was only a month or two ago when it was highly offensive to the fanbase to dare bring his name up in the same sentence as DLo's.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#1847 » by Foshan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:44 am

Really like LeVert, seems like he’s an all around good kid too. Hope he can stay healthy for you guys.
enko
Junior

Post#1848 » by enko » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:54 am

Winejk
Bench Warmer
And1: 432

Post#1849 » by Winejk » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:01 pm

Sixers fan coming in peace.

I was impressed with Levert the whole series. The kid can ball. Gave Jimmy Butler and the rest of the Sixers fits. You got a good one with him. I think he'll be more important than Dlo to the Nets in the future.
enko
Junior

Post#1850 » by enko » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:50 pm

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#1851 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:07 am

Love Levert, always have...but it’s been crystal clear since Day 1 that his ability to shoot will largely determine how high his ceiling.

His defense, ability to drive and draw fouls already make him a plus player, but if he can’t shoot consistently (especially in this era), it will limit the potential of his impact. He will be a legit star if he can shoot at least 35-37% from 3 on medium volume (5 attempts per game) and develop a dependable mid-range game. Being a threat to score from anywhere on the court (not just via drives) is what will take him to stardom. That’s all he should be focusing on this summer.
gambakupu
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#1852 » by gambakupu » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:29 pm

Levert is on the latest wojpod
https://art19.com/shows/thewojpod
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#1853 » by DeRoma » Wed May 1, 2019 3:01 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:Love Levert, always have...but it’s been crystal clear since Day 1 that his ability to shoot will largely determine how high his ceiling.

His defense, ability to drive and draw fouls already make him a plus player, but if he can’t shoot consistently (especially in this era), it will limit the potential of his impact. He will be a legit star if he can shoot at least 35-37% from 3 on medium volume (5 attempts per game) and develop a dependable mid-range game. Being a threat to score from anywhere on the court (not just via drives) is what will take him to stardom. That’s all he should be focusing on this summer.

I also love LeVert. However, even if an upgrade on his ability to shoot, I don't think he'll ever be good enough to be the main player for a contending team. He has a lot of talent for sure but, he simply doesn't have any outlying talent to be the main option. Even if he can take it to the hole at any types of defense he is too out of control in situation where he gets caught by the defense. In your defense, a midrange shot does solve a lot of that issue, but you still have to question that he doesn't have any real go to moves that's problematic for the defense to completely shut down. Just watching the top teams this playoff series open my eyes that what Nets top talent is simply is not enough to have aspiration to be legitimate contenders. I mean just thinking about the top players from Giannis' strides, Kawhi's massive hands and upperbody strength, Curry's shooting ability, Durant's shooting and physical nature, Harden's combination of strength and ball-handling ability, etc. All of these top players you see are completely in control of their game and you never see them get stuck in a bad situation. I think for LeVert to have a great career. His best role for a team is to be the third best player or a sixth man.
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#1854 » by SpeedyG » Wed May 1, 2019 5:53 pm

DeRoma wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:Love Levert, always have...but it’s been crystal clear since Day 1 that his ability to shoot will largely determine how high his ceiling.

I also love LeVert. However, even if an upgrade on his ability to shoot, I don't think he'll ever be good enough to be the main player for a contending team. He has a lot of talent for sure but, he simply doesn't have any outlying talent to be the main option. Even if he can take it to the hole at any types of defense he is too out of control in situation where he gets caught by the defense. In your defense, a midrange shot does solve a lot of that issue, but you still have to question that he doesn't have any real go to moves that's problematic for the defense to completely shut down. Just watching the top teams this playoff series open my eyes that what Nets top talent is simply is not enough to have aspiration to be legitimate contenders. I mean just thinking about the top players from Giannis' strides, Kawhi's massive hands and upperbody strength, Curry's shooting ability, Durant's shooting and physical nature, Harden's combination of strength and ball-handling ability, etc. All of these top players you see are completely in control of their game and you never see them get stuck in a bad situation. I think for LeVert to have a great career. His best role for a team is to be the third best player or a sixth man.
Levert's potential is a Jimmy Butler level player.

He's fine as a 1B, but he's not an MVP level like those other players you mentioned. He would need some growth to do, which isn't impossible, though not probable.

Like, there is a very very very slight chance he can get to pre-injury Penny. He's got the size, athleticism, and enough playmaking to think that if things REALLY click, that he can reach that level.

But he probably won't.

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,478

Post#1855 » by MrDollarBills » Wed May 1, 2019 8:46 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
DeRoma wrote:

He's fine as a 1B, but he's not an MVP level like those other players you mentioned. He would need some growth to do, which isn't impossible, though not probable.

Like, there is a very very very slight chance he can get to pre-injury Penny. He's got the size, athleticism, and enough playmaking to think that if things REALLY click, that he can reach that level.

But he probably won't.

He has nowhere near the elite level athleticism, footwork, and passing ability of pre injury Hardaway.

That being said, the odds of him becoming an all star level talent if he can keep his feet together in one piece are fairly high after what I've seen pre and post injury from him this season. He was putting up some serious production versus Philly in a high pressure situation.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/leverca01.html#playoffs_advanced::none

ridiculous numbers from a first time performer.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#1856 » by SpeedyG » Wed May 1, 2019 10:52 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
DeRoma wrote:

But he probably won't.

He has nowhere near the elite level athleticism, footwork, and passing ability of pre injury Hardaway.

That being said, the odds of him becoming an all star level talent if he can keep his feet together in one piece are fairly high after what I've seen pre and post injury from him this season. He was putting up some serious production versus Philly in a high pressure situation.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/leverca01.html#playoffs_advanced::none

ridiculous numbers from a first time performer.

I think Penny has better vert and body control but Caris 1st step might be even quicker. Agree with footwork and passing ability, but I think he can develop passing ability. I don't think footwork will ever be comparable but Caris has a herky-jerky style anyway that can get it done but in different way.

Regardless, it's not a realistic goal. More like, if he catches lightning in a bottle with development and just absolutely catches everyone off-guard.

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#1857 » by NyCeEvO » Wed May 1, 2019 11:14 pm

DeRoma wrote:

While I agree that Levert won't become an MVP level talent, I don't think every star is a MVP level player.

If he gets a reliable jumpshot, I absolutely believe that he could become a player who could carry a team for a 10-20 game stretch if called upon.

He's already a good 6th man without a jumpshot. This is a shot-maker's league. If Levert gets a shot, his already positive impact will go up by a multiple.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#1858 » by DeRoma » Wed May 1, 2019 11:23 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
DeRoma wrote:

While I agree that Levert won't become an MVP level talent, I don't think every star is a MVP level player.

If he gets a reliable jumpshot, I absolutely believe that he could become a player who could carry a team for a 10-20 game stretch if called upon.

He's already a good 6th man without a jumpshot. This is a shot-maker's league. If Levert gets a shot, his already positive impact will go up by a multiple.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I'm talking about ginobili impact 6th man if he can ever develop one. At the end of the day I'm just not a big fan of our featured guys. I think the only quality starter we really have is Jarrett Allen and he has a long way to get there still.
Aussienet3
Junior
And1: 90

Post#1859 » by Aussienet3 » Thu May 2, 2019 3:49 am

Caris doesn't need to be equal or better than any of those players listed above. He just needs to be fully fit and ready to go for next season. He is a brilliant system fit. It's no coincidence (in my eyes anyway) that Caris flourished whilst Joey Buckets struggled. I predicted at the start of the season he would be a 15, 5 & 5 guy. I can see him easily getting 17,5 and 7 next season. Caris' major strength is that he exploits the opponents weakness. His quickness is elite and that is what teams struggled to deal with.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#1860 » by kamaze » Thu May 2, 2019 4:33 am

I hope he puts up 5000 midrange to three pointers a day. He's a good player he will be even better next year.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton

Return to Brooklyn Nets