ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Caris LeVert Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,355

Re: Official Caris LeVert Thread 

Post#1881 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:55 am

I'm thinking something like 17/4r/5apg are possible, if not likely for LeVert on good, but not great overall efficiency.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#1882 » by MGrand15 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:48 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
kyrie is too good on the ball and in the pick and roll not to be the primary option. he may get less usage then russell giving caris more touches then he got when DLO was here, but levert wont reach the usage and shots that he did in october last year... and even in 32 mpg with super high usage levert didnt hit 20, 5 or 5.

which is fine. the whole point is that its putting unfair expectations on him. he should improve, hopefully add some consistency. but he isnt going to be a superstar and 20/5/5 is superstar benchmark

I don't think he hits 20ppg, but the ability to get close to 5/5.

i dont know... at his absolute apex in 32 mpg as the clear #1 option he couldnt hit 5 rebs or assts let alone both. i think the ball moves too much on the nets for anyone other then kyrie to hit 5 assists. and he just isnt a rebounder for that to come to fruition.

You keep acting like that little stretch LeVert had wasn't sustainable at all. Before he got hurt he only shot 31% from 3, so it's not like he was on a hot streak. Russell's usage was still higher so it's not like he was dominating the offense or anything. It definitely wasn't clear cut that he was number 1. In October, his "super high usage" was pretty much in line with regular 2nd options. In November, he was at a low level 1st option tier. No where near what Russell did for the whole year.

That was also the first time he was anywhere close to the 1st option. People were excited because he was just getting started, his shot was off, and he was still having a pretty good season that included 2 game winners. He didn't have the chance to adjust to the role or to really get going.

I don't think anyone cares about him hitting exactly 20, 5, and 5. If he could get close to the numbers, we'll be in great shape. With Dinwiddie + Kyrie, we have 2 other guys that need a lot of touches. The raw numbers don't matter that much.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#1883 » by kamaze » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:50 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
NetsJets wrote:Caris is gonna become a household name real soon. He’s gonna be a really good 3rd option behind KD and Kyrie. Can’t wait.

I’ve been saying that he’s a consistent jumper away from unlocking that next tier and approaching stardom.

Without it, he’s a 6th man.
With it, he’s an all star.

He needs to be locked in the gym this summer, shooting 10k shots a day.

His shot is where he can improve his game.
There will be open looks and they need someone besides Joe to make them.

With the loss of Crabbe there's a need for another 3 point threat, that could become a strength for CLV if he focuses on that aspect.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1884 » by Prokorov » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:22 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
You keep acting like that little stretch LeVert had wasn't sustainable at all. Before he got hurt he only shot 31% from 3, so it's not like he was on a hot streak. Russell's usage was still higher so it's not like he was dominating the offense or anything. It definitely wasn't clear cut that he was number 1. In October, his "super high usage" was pretty much in line with regular 2nd options. In November, he was at a low level 1st option tier. No where near what Russell did for the whole year.

I'm not saying his october stretch isnt sustainable (i said his 5 game playoff stretch was a small sample and likely not given he shot like 49% from three). My point was even if he sustained his hot october stretch he would still have failed to reach the expectations posted above in all 3 categories.

That was also the first time he was anywhere close to the 1st option. People were excited because he was just getting started, his shot was off, and he was still having a pretty good season that included 2 game winners. He didn't have the chance to adjust to the role or to really get going.

is 31% "his shot being off"? he has never shot it well from 3 from the pro line. not saying he wont in the future or isnt capable but he has been a 32-33% shooter from three for his career. im not sure that 31% is "off" for him, at least not on present volume.

I don't think anyone cares about him hitting exactly 20, 5, and 5. If he could get close to the numbers, we'll be in great shape. With Dinwiddie + Kyrie, we have 2 other guys that need a lot of touches. The raw numbers don't matter that much.

im not the one putting those expectations... people have a tendancy here to hype the guys we drafted and then take a dump on them when they dont play well or fail to meet unrealistic expectaitons... i went from the guy defending Levert to now a "hater" even though my stance on him never changed (potential elite role/glue guy but not a star).
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,196

Post#1885 » by Papi_swav » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:02 pm

I totally agree with Prok, 20/5/5 is elite level stats. We have Kyrie now and he will have the ball in his hands more than DLo did, we also have guys that needs touches and shots like Din, Joe, Prince, Kurucs and I see all these guys averaging more than 10 a game so it will be hard to see Levert averaging 20 for a whole year. I predicted his stats somewhere on this board in July, I see him at 17-18/4/4 which will be more than enough from him. Din will have similar numbers to these . He has no problems scoring or getting his shots off, the only thing that I care for is his efficiency and defense/effort. We will score enough points somehow.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#1886 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:41 am

Role will play a large part. On a bad team, he has the talent to get 20/5/5, but not on this team. He likely falls short in each category. He’ll probably get 16-18 points. There may be opportunity for him to be more aggressive on the boards, but that’s dependent on the Allen/Jordan split. If Kyrie misses 15+ games, he may have a chance to pad his assist numbers, but it’s hard to see him averaging 5, especially after KD returns. 17-4-3 seems realistically ambitious.
Ryusoulger
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#1887 » by Ryusoulger » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:50 am

16/5/7 could be his ceiling. I’m just worried more about his health going forward. His skill set is good
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#1888 » by Claud » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:18 pm

Ryusoulger
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#1889 » by Ryusoulger » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:42 am

Claud wrote:

Was just coming to post this. If he can manage to stay healthy, man :o
KDSniper
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#1890 » by KDSniper » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:01 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1891 » by Prokorov » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:31 am

KDSniper wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

yeah as much as tatum is overhyped cant say levert is better or has a higher ceiling at this point.

maybe over brown?
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,480

Post#1892 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:02 pm

Prokorov wrote:
KDSniper wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

yeah as much as tatum is overhyped cant say levert is better or has a higher ceiling at this point.

maybe over brown?

Tatum is better than LeVert. I don't think this is even remotely close.

But I will say I think that Caris LeVert is better than Jaylen Brown. LeVert is way more skilled.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,355

Post#1893 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:30 pm

I can't post of the GB cause I'm board banned there lol, but I mainly agree with Prok's take. I'm thinking his ceiling is probably 17/4/5 this year, but he has a good chance to hit it. More likely is probably something like 16/4/4.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1894 » by Prokorov » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:04 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:I can't post of the GB cause I'm board banned there lol, but I mainly agree with Prok's take. I'm thinking his ceiling is probably 17/4/5 this year, but he has a good chance to hit it. More likely is probably something like 16/4/4.

The thing with Levert is less that he has the ability to score 17-20 points and more with being able to consistently do it when he is on a team where any night spencer, harris, jordan, prince can go off for 20 as well (or 30+ in spencers case). Not to mention the occasional 40 point outburst by Kyrie. I can see levert have a month or two were he averages 17-18 ppg like last october and have the occasional 25-30 point games. but he just isnt a good enough/consistent enough shooter and i dont think he will get consistent enough FG attempts to be able hit 17-20+ for the year.

if he does, its because he has become a gpod very good 3 point shooter and stayed healthy. i think he will improve but he has a ways to go to reach that.

i also think people are sleeping on dinwiddie. he is our second best scorer and i think we more talent this year he is really going to errupt.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1895 » by Prokorov » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:10 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
KDSniper wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

maybe over brown?

Tatum is better than LeVert. I don't think this is even remotely close.

But I will say I think that Caris LeVert is better than Jaylen Brown. LeVert is way more skilled.

I think Levert will be better then brown. right now i think its pretty even... hard to compare them since levert is more of a swiss-army knife who can do it all and bown is more of a guy who gets by on athleticism and defense and physical tools.

Levert is also the superior teammate.

health is key for levert. i know his injuries are mostly all unreleated but he still needs to shake that label
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#1896 » by kamaze » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:16 pm

Looking forward to the next phase of his career when he becomes a better 3 point shooter! Go Nets!
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1897 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:02 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:I can't post of the GB cause I'm board banned there lol, but I mainly agree with Prok's take. I'm thinking his ceiling is probably 17/4/5 this year, but he has a good chance to hit it. More likely is probably something like 16/4/4.

How are you banned on the GB and I'm not? :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!!!!!!!!

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1898 » by Prokorov » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:14 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

it doesnt take much. GB mods are awful. on an old handle i got banned for saying westbrook is a chuker. :lol:
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1899 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:33 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

it doesnt take much. GB mods are awful. on an old handle i got banned for saying westbrook is a chuker. :lol:

dude I raised hell on the GB this offseason talking **** about Knick fans and I was good (outside of some warnings). That's pretty crazy

Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#1900 » by Trader_Joe » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:04 pm

Interestingly enough.. when Caris played 30+ minutes last year, his averages were...

20.6 PPG
4.75 RBG
5 APG
48.6% FG%
36.7% 3FG%
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.

Return to Brooklyn Nets