ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Caris LeVert Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Lead Assistant
And1: 277

Re: Official Caris LeVert Thread 

Post#881 » by 624 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:56 pm

D'Lo said LeVert was suposed to work out with him last night but didn't show. Sounded like he was messing around but still wtf Caris come on
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,907

Post#882 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:10 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:
Read on Twitter

better per 36 #s than Ingram, but you know, he's a Net so forget him.
:nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

Outside of scoring total his standard averages and %'s were better across the board. Had a higher PER too.

it's cool, respect is to be earned, not given. This reflects more on the franchise's stigma of being lousy than LeVert's overall play.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#883 » by 3pt_chucker » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:04 pm

624 wrote:D'Lo said LeVert was suposed to work out with him last night but didn't show. Sounded like he was messing around but still wtf Caris come on

You are joking, right?

He was in the gym this morning anyway.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#884 » by DarkXaero » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:14 pm

Ingram is 3 years younger than Levert though which matters a lot. Anyway, I think comparing rookies at this point is silly anyway. I'm just glad that we have Levert who I think will be a good NBA player at least, if not an all star.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#885 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:12 pm

624 wrote:D'Lo said LeVert was suposed to work out with him last night but didn't show. Sounded like he was messing around but still wtf Caris come on

:lol:

Is he gonna be working for the KGB now?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
lin is ok
Bench Warmer
And1: 160

Post#886 » by lin is ok » Sun Jul 9, 2017 1:08 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:

:lol:

Is he gonna be working for the KGB now?

This Dlo for u , the kid needs a reality show. :lol:
oldjim
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#887 » by oldjim » Sun Jul 9, 2017 7:23 am

Levert was very great in his rookie year, he was far better than DLO , DLO is too bad on defense , and DLO's defense is on the bottom of the league,i don't think he will improve it in 2-3 years, we better develope levert than DLO.

Levert is a guy he can score , pass, and defend , he can be a pg , sg , sf . He shows he is mature to be a starter even at his rookie year , after he become our starter, we win games. But when DLO was on court, the Lakers lose game, his +/- is always negative compare to other guards in Lakers.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#888 » by NyCeEvO » Sun Jul 9, 2017 10:36 am

This is the Caris Levert thread. Can we get back to talking more about Levert and less about D'Angelo? DLO has his own thread too.

Sent from my SM-N900T using RealGM mobile app
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#889 » by bws94 » Sun Jul 9, 2017 4:28 pm

So Caris is out of the starting lineup now and with the bench unit?
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#890 » by Prokorov » Sun Jul 9, 2017 5:11 pm

bws94 wrote:So Caris is out of the starting lineup now and with the bench unit?

we'll have to see. could be lin, dlo, or rhj going to the bench
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,907

Post#891 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jul 9, 2017 5:38 pm

Prokorov wrote:

Might be going to the bench now with Carroll here.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#892 » by bws94 » Sun Jul 9, 2017 5:40 pm

Prokorov wrote:

Don't see Lin going to the bench. Strongly doubt DLo either. Only RHJ seems a possibility.

At any rate, LeVert has to get a lot of playing time. He's the real deal, IMO.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Official Caris LeVert Thread 

Post#893 » by Paradise » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:43 pm

18 Pts, 7 Rebs, 3 Asts, 50% FG.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#894 » by Vae Victus » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:47 pm

Carroll is starting for sure. His contract size essentially demands. Either he's given the opportunity to earn his money or the team needs to showcase him for a future dump.

Levert will still get plenty of mins, Joe Harris is the one who gets burned the hardest on PT. Harris was on track to getting 10-15 mins on the old depth chartnow he'll be getting emergency injury or foul trouble mins.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#895 » by TheNetsFan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:48 pm

I want to see LeVert at least start the season running the show with the second unit, in the Manu or OKC Harden mold. Let him become more assertive and aggressive. After moves are inevitably made at the deadline, then he can be a starter.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#896 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:01 am

TheNetsFan wrote:I want to see LeVert at least start the season running the show with the second unit, in the Manu or OKC Harden mold. Let him become more assertive and aggressive. After moves are inevitably made at the deadline, then he can be a starter.

Yes, I want to see this as well. There were many times during last season where he was clearly the player with the highest BBIQ on the court.

If he's playing a lot with the 2nd unit, I want the ball in his hands a lot so that he can be the main distributor/decision maker and can be groomed to a potential point forward in the future.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#897 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:07 am

Paradise wrote:18 Pts, 7 Rebs, 3 Asts, 50% FG.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

It looks like he's got two gears
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#898 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:07 am

Vae Victus wrote:Carroll is starting for sure. His contract size essentially demands. Either he's given the opportunity to earn his money or the team needs to showcase him for a future dump.

Depends on his knee I guess
Thanks for the honesty.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,586

Post#899 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:25 am

Vae Victus wrote:Carroll is starting for sure. His contract size essentially demands. Either he's given the opportunity to earn his money or the team needs to showcase him for a future dump.

Levert will still get plenty of mins, Joe Harris is the one who gets burned the hardest on PT. Harris was on track to getting 10-15 mins on the old depth chartnow he'll be getting emergency injury or foul trouble mins.

I disagree. Carroll was very very garbage last year and might be better off as a backup PF at this point while playing very spot minutes at SF. LeVert should start at the 3. Also I see Harris ending up in a suit at the end of the bench for significant portions of the season.
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#900 » by Vae Victus » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:08 am

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

I disagree. Carroll was very very garbage last year and might be better off as a backup PF at this point while playing very spot minutes at SF. LeVert should start at the 3. Also I see Harris ending up in a suit at the end of the bench for significant portions of the season.

Carroll should be intimitely familiar with the motion offense system Kenny wants to run, immersed in it for a coupal years in ATL and its why he got paid. He got humiliated in TOR due to multiple factors like injury and their putrid ISO all the time style offense which im sure he's now burning to rebuild his reputation and more importantly make sure he has another contract after his current one is done.

Carroll has alot of factors rolling with him and it behooves the team to see if he can recover to his ATL days, cuz if so, then acquiring him would be a MASSIVE homerun of epic proportions. If he plays decently, then its still a big win and gives Levert good competition to earn his mins and learn how to be the SF in the system. If Carroll is straight trash then he gets replaced by Levert in short order, but at least the team got to see what they had in Carroll first. Still got dem picks, so even a straight trash Carroll sitation the team got something. The more i research TOR the more im realizing how hugely dysfunctional they are. Only reason they won 50 games is cuz the East is just THAT bad, might be a 22-24 pick tbh...

Personally i think he'll turn in a decent season and be eventually supplanted by a surging Levert around the All-Star break. Which is stlll a huge win as it shores up the SF position beautifully while also having a stretch 4 mini small ball lineup option.

Return to Brooklyn Nets