Official Caris LeVert Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

DartboardT
Junior
And1: 53

Re: Official Caris LeVert Thread 

Post#901 » by DartboardT » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:40 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:
Paradise wrote:18 Pts, 7 Rebs, 3 Asts, 50% FG.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

It looks like he's got two gears

Impressive guard qualities from the young projected SF. Which, of course, is exactly what the Nets want in a wing player.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#902 » by Paradise » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:03 pm

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,857

Post#903 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:23 pm

This kid is nasty as hell. Pair that up with Dloading's mini Pierce type game and you've got yourself two guys that should provide a nice perimeter attack as they mature
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
brook
Senior
And1: 115

Post#904 » by brook » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:06 pm

We don't need to start young players because they are young players, we need these young players to deserve starting.
If Levert starts after all star break because Carroll plays like trash, this did't say much.
If LeVert starts over Carroll (or finish games over him) because he deserve this, while Carroll is good again, then we have a reason to be happy.

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,366

Post#905 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:54 pm

Watching LeVert in SL, it's that textbook definition of an actual NBA player, playing against scrubs and fringe guys. He might not be putting up eye popping stats, but the ease with which he blows by guys, shoots over them, crosses them up, accelerates, etc., are just killer.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
oldjim
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#906 » by oldjim » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:56 pm

i hope levert to start next year, i think levert will be our best player, we need to development him.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#907 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:09 pm

oldjim wrote:i hope levert to start next year, i think levert will be our best player, we need to development him.

Agreed. There's all this talk and excitement for Russell and for good reason, but it feels like a lot of people have already written off LeVert as our 2nd, maybe even 3rd best prospect/young player just because Russell is younger and was drafted 2nd overall. But people tend to forget or just blow-off LeVert's draft story as the yearly cliche, but it's 100% true in his case. Had it not been for a recurring foot injury, LeVert would have declared and went top 12, maybe as high top 5 in the couple drafts leading up to '16. Hell, maybe even in the '16 draft in which he went 20th.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#908 » by MGrand15 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:33 pm

I don't care that it's summer league. Caris looks amazing. If his 3pt percentage can start creeping up to where it was in college, I think he's gonna have a BIG year.

Summer doesn't matter but it's nice to see him doing the things that he should be doing. Layups in the half court, finding the open guys, creating space at will, running the floor hard in transition.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#909 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:16 pm

I still think Caris is the 2nd best prospect on the team but that's not a knock. I think Russell has the potential to put up serious numbers whereas I think LeVert will be the guy that fills the sheets up in multiple categories nightly but maybe not as offensively explosive.

Caris however, has a really high IQ on both ends, has good defensive instincts, long arms and is smooth on offense. Good passing instincts, always goes for the correct play first. their games kind of compliment each other imo.

antique0o0
Senior

Post#910 » by antique0o0 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:31 pm

This is his first summer league experience, and it'll be his last summer league experience.
He won't play any summer league games next July for sure.
Most NBA stats aren't credible. At most times the people who interprets those data are biased, or the data themselves are flawed. Basketball is just too complicated with so many uncontrollable variables.
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#911 » by steady » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:40 pm

I like everything about LeVert. His maturity, hard work, length, BBall IQ

Will there come a time when we look back at this summer and say, remember when we spent all that time arguing about KCP and OPorter when we already had our young core in

DAR
LeVert
Jarrett Allen
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,770

Post#912 » by Karate Diop » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:01 pm

I think we can all effusively talk about LeVert's positives... My question is why hasn't his three-point shot come around (yet?) ?

I originally chalked it up to him recovering from injury and getting acclimated with the longer line last year but in all honesty range wasn't an issue for him in college.

Is it a matter of his form not transitioning smoothly to NBA level competition?
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: RE: Re: Official Caris LeVert Thread 

Post#913 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:38 am

Karate Diop wrote:I think we can all effusively talk about LeVert's positives... My question is why hasn't his three-point shot come around (yet?) ?

I originally chalked it up to him recovering from injury and getting acclimated with the longer line last year but in all honesty range wasn't an issue for him in college.

College line is shorter than NBA line. A few inches in distance can make all the difference in your ability to be efficient shooter.

Sent from my SM-N900T using RealGM mobile app
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#914 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:41 am

:
Karate Diop wrote:I think we can all effusively talk about LeVert's positives... My question is why hasn't his three-point shot come around (yet?) ?

It's a matter of having some patience...he has only played half a season. Give it time.

SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#915 » by SpeedyG » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:55 am

I feel like Levert is getting much much much hype here. I think that he's undoubtedly the guy with the most potential (next to Dlo) is a testament to the real talent (and lackthereof) in this team. That's not necessarily a knock on CLV. I think he can be a good #2 in this league, a tremendous #3 option.

He's not a #1. I don't see it. He could be a mid-range #2, one that kind of is a "glue guy" to a team. I think he'll be a guy that will do a lot of things really well, but won't really be dominant in any of them to really step into the realm of an all-star (unless in one of those weird years or due to tremendous team success). He'll be very valuable to the team's success, and will be key because of that, but I think this board has really gone on overdrive on hyping our prospects.

I see the same happening with RHJ with many on this board, and I already see it on Allen. It's like we've been so deprived of true blue-chip prospects for so long that we are clinging into every little hope and flash that these young guys show that we are ignoring the flaws or limitations in their game that realistically will prevent them from getting to the point that many of us are projecting.
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#916 » by Paradise » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:04 am

Read on Twitter

TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,681

Post#917 » by TinmanZBoy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:24 am

Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

C-Vert is so fun to watch
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#918 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:49 am

SpeedyG wrote:I feel like Levert is getting much much much hype here. I think that he's undoubtedly the guy with the most potential (next to Dlo) is a testament to the real talent (and lackthereof) in this team. That's not necessarily a knock on CLV. I think he can be a good #2 in this league, a tremendous #3 option.

He's not a #1. I don't see it. He could be a mid-range #2, one that kind of is a "glue guy" to a team. I think he'll be a guy that will do a lot of things really well, but won't really be dominant in any of them to really step into the realm of an all-star (unless in one of those weird years or due to tremendous team success). He'll be very valuable to the team's success, and will be key because of that, but I think this board has really gone on overdrive on hyping our prospects.

I see the same happening with RHJ with many on this board, and I already see it on Allen. It's like we've been so deprived of true blue-chip prospects for so long that we are clinging into every little hope and flash that these young guys show that we are ignoring the flaws or limitations in their game that realistically will prevent them from getting to the point that many of us are projecting.

Speedy, I don't entirely disagree with you, in fact I mainly agree. Others and myself have compared him to Khris Middelton, pre-injury, but Middelton is an ace shooter from deep, but that is very much in line with what you're speaking on.

That said, his ultimate upside is bananas. I do absolutely agree with you, how we're deprived and overhyping our young guys, but he's just so smooth, deceptively athletic, has such a great attitude and work ethic, prototypical measures for an NBA wing, high BBIQ, dedicated on D, ball on a string handle even though it doesn't look crazy fancy, great first step and change of direction, there's just something special about the kid so I refuse to sleep on him. Such a complete game and he's only going into year 2 even if he is an older prospect.

That also said, I'd be ecstatic if he had a long career in the mold and statistical output of 2015-16 Middelton, with the added kicker that LeVert seems like such a natural leader. That's an absolutely deadly 3rd best player to have.
DartboardT
Junior

Post#919 » by DartboardT » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:02 am

LeVert needs a better 3-point shot and maybe some pounds of muscle to compete better on offense and defense at the 3. But I agree, "it's only summer league" but I totally get it when Atkinson calls LeVert one of his playmakers (at least, I'm pretty sure he has). Dude's got a chip on his shoulder being written off after the injury and he is on the ATTACK.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#920 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:34 am

SpeedyG wrote:I feel like Levert is getting much much much hype here. I think that he's undoubtedly the guy with the most potential (next to Dlo) is a testament to the real talent (and lackthereof) in this team. That's not necessarily a knock on CLV. I think he can be a good #2 in this league, a tremendous #3 option.

He could be like Nic Batum
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Brooklyn Nets