ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Caris LeVert Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

prizm
Junior
And1: 265

Re: Official Caris LeVert Thread 

Post#941 » by prizm » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:09 pm

ya'll think even with the new additions added on the roster can levert get big minutes to produce? or you think he will be a 15 min type player...
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,912

Post#942 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:24 pm

prizm wrote:ya'll think even with the new additions added on the roster can levert get big minutes to produce? or you think he will be a 15 min type player...

LeVert is getting 20+ mins a night.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
prizm
Junior
And1: 265

Post#943 » by prizm » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:20 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
prizm wrote:ya'll think even with the new additions added on the roster can levert get big minutes to produce? or you think he will be a 15 min type player...

i was hoping for 30+ as id like to see him progress but that'll do...
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#944 » by Claud » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:46 pm

prizm wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

i was hoping for 30+ as id like to see him progress but that'll do...

DMC and Lin are stop-gag vets... Levert is part of the future. He will definitely get 25mpg at least. Doesn't matter if he comes off the bench or not he'll get his chances.
2k15
Pro Prospect
And1: 193

Post#945 » by 2k15 » Thu Aug 3, 2017 9:31 pm

Latest Zach Lowe piece has Caris starting over DLo:

Carroll can supply shooting at power forward; if he plays well, he could usurp Hollis-Jefferson's starting spot. As of now, there will be a fierce competition between five players -- Russell, Lin, Crabbe, LeVert and Carroll -- for three starting jobs. (The bet here is on the Lin-LeVert-Crabbe trio, with LeVert's grip the shakiest.)

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20221667/zach-lowe-brooklyn-nets-dangelo-russell-sean-marks-nba
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#946 » by Vae Victus » Thu Aug 3, 2017 11:32 pm

double
Roy Tarpley
Veteran
And1: 987

Post#947 » by Roy Tarpley » Thu Aug 3, 2017 11:42 pm

I highly doubt that Russell will come off the bench, no matter what Lowe says.
antique0o0
Senior
And1: 53

Post#948 » by antique0o0 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:01 am

2k15 wrote:Latest Zach Lowe piece has Caris starting over DLo:

Carroll can supply shooting at power forward; if he plays well, he could usurp Hollis-Jefferson's starting spot. As of now, there will be a fierce competition between five players -- Russell, Lin, Crabbe, LeVert and Carroll -- for three starting jobs. (The bet here is on the Lin-LeVert-Crabbe trio, with LeVert's grip the shakiest.)

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20221667/zach-lowe-brooklyn-nets-dangelo-russell-sean-marks-nba

I also have concerns about putting Russell and Crabbe in the starting lineup at the same time. Their defense will creat a even bigger hole. I don't think the backcourt duo of Russell and Crabbe would ever work.
I also prefer LeVert playing the 2.
Most NBA stats aren't credible. At most times the people who interprets those data are biased, or the data themselves are flawed. Basketball is just too complicated with so many uncontrollable variables.
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#949 » by Vae Victus » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:07 am

IC... makes sense, they want DLo to get as much PG time as possible. Lin is likely gone at mid season or definitely at end of the year as DLo is gonna be groomed for starting PG.

Lin starts and around the 7-8 min DLo comes in for Lin, Levert/Crabbe at SG/SF. DLo runs the show until Lin comes in with like 7-8 mins left in the 2nd quarter, then DLo shifts over to the 2 for a bit until he needs to sit for rest. Dimwiddie gets scrap mins, Carroll gets a nice chunk of mins at SF with Crabbe/Levert play all the 2 mins.

Man... i was really looking forward to a Lin/DLo starting backcourt... but if they want to have one of them on the court at all times to be PG, then having DLo coming off the bench makes the most sense AND helps prep him to take over for Lin next year. End game lineups still should still be Lin/DLo of course.
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#950 » by steady » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:08 am

LeVert is and will remain one of the priorities for this team. I would guess 25+.

If I am getting a Nets jersey right now, it is a LeVert jersey.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#951 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Aug 4, 2017 1:06 pm

Vae Victus wrote:IC... makes sense, they want DLo to get as much PG time as possible. Lin is likely gone at mid season or definitely at end of the year as DLo is gonna be groomed for starting PG.

Lin starts and around the 7-8 min DLo comes in for Lin, Levert/Crabbe at SG/SF. DLo runs the show until Lin comes in with like 7-8 mins left in the 2nd quarter, then DLo shifts over to the 2 for a bit until he needs to sit for rest. Dimwiddie gets scrap mins, Carroll gets a nice chunk of mins at SF with Crabbe/Levert play all the 2 mins.

Man... i was really looking forward to a Lin/DLo starting backcourt... but if they want to have one of them on the court at all times to be PG, then having DLo coming off the bench makes the most sense AND helps prep him to take over for Lin next year. End game lineups still should still be Lin/DLo of course.

a 15 4 and 5 player who is on an upward trajectory is going to be coming off of the bench?

okay. keep telling yourselves this.

kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#952 » by kamaze » Sat Aug 5, 2017 12:16 am

Vae Victus wrote:IC... makes sense, they want DLo to get as much PG time as possible. Lin is likely gone at mid season or definitely at end of the year as DLo is gonna be groomed for starting PG.

I was thinking DLo would be off guard at all times and when Lin needs rest plug in Dinwiddie to run the show. D'Angelo had a lot of turnovers in LA system, he said he likes having less responsibility.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#953 » by Ror1997 » Sat Aug 5, 2017 5:52 pm

I think its best LeVert comes off the bench next season. It would be great for his development to be the teams go to scorer for the second unit. Especially if we want him to be a main cog in our offense going forward.
Curns13
Pro Prospect
And1: 267

Post#954 » by Curns13 » Sun Aug 6, 2017 11:26 am

Ror1997 wrote:I think its best LeVert comes off the bench next season. It would be great for his development to be the teams go to scorer for the second unit. Especially if we want him to be a main cog in our offense going forward.

Ditto
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#955 » by shakendfries » Wed Aug 9, 2017 1:02 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#956 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Aug 9, 2017 1:27 am

Kevin Durant isn't going to play for the Nets. Ever. lets not even do this to ourselves.

Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#957 » by Ror1997 » Wed Aug 9, 2017 1:38 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Kevin Durant isn't going to play for the Nets. Ever. lets not even do this to ourselves.

I agree

Lets change the subject. So, when we have DLo/LeVert/KD/RHJ/Allen as our starting 5, will we win 70 games or only 60?
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#958 » by steady » Wed Aug 9, 2017 2:04 am

I want the next announcement to be

- Steve Nash has a place in DUMBO next to JJ Redick and wants to part time coach

The best thing about that picture - apart from the utter mystery of why , where , when -- is that it is not DAngelo or Lin getting the attention but Skil amd Caris
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#959 » by MGrand15 » Wed Aug 9, 2017 4:17 am

Not surprised Nash and KD stopped by to learn a few things from LeVert. They gotta take advantage before he starts charging Hakeem the Dream prices.
Sweetdownlow
Senior
And1: 308

Post#960 » by Sweetdownlow » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:40 am

A good article, "A Memorable Asia Trip For Caris LeVert" | Caris breaks down his experience traveling to Asia on Jeremy Lin’s tour.

http://www.nba.com/nets/news/2017/08/10/a-memoriable-asia-trip-for-caris-levert

Return to Brooklyn Nets