ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Caris LeVert Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: Official Caris LeVert Thread 

Post#961 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:11 am

Sweetdownlow wrote:A good article, "A Memorable Asia Trip For Caris LeVert" | Caris breaks down his experience traveling to Asia on Jeremy Lin’s tour.

http://www.nba.com/nets/news/2017/08/10/a-memoriable-asia-trip-for-caris-levert

Nice, happy for him
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#962 » by Paradise » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:04 am

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,789

Post#963 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:55 am

Don't do it to yourself. He's not going to leave what looks like to be an unstoppable team for the next several years to play here. He's just cool with Nets players for some odd reason.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise

Post#964 » by Paradise » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:49 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Don't do it to yourself. He's not going to leave what looks like to be an unstoppable team for the next several years to play here. He's just cool with Nets players for some odd reason.

It's really nothing odd about it. We were told this stuff didn't matter when KD signed with Jay-Z.

Obviously, he's not leaving the Warriors. Why can't it be about the mentorship KD is providing to 'Baby Durant' ?

LeVert said he recently had a chance to meet Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant, a benefit of the two sharing an agency, Roc Nation.

LeVert was operated on by orthopedic surgeon Martin O'Malley of New York, the same doctor who performed Durant's operation in 2014.

Durant returned healthy from the injury, and was was able to provide some reassurance to LeVert that he can do the same.

"He just said 'Once Doc finishes with you, you'll be like brand new,'" LeVert said on Friday at the NBA draft combine. "He told me just to stay with the course, it's a long process, but just stay with it, don't get anxious."

The fact that Durant, of all NBA players, provided that assurance was particularly meaningful. LeVert's nickname in high school was "Baby Durant", for the resemblance in the game the two share. Jones fracture will keep Caris LeVert from pre-NBA Draft workouts "It felt good," LeVert said. "He's definitely one of my favorite players growing up."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2016/05/kevin_durant_tells_michigans_c.amp

steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#965 » by steady » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:31 pm

Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Don't do it to yourself. He's not going to leave what looks like to be an unstoppable team for the next several years to play here. He's just cool with Nets players for some odd reason.

It's really nothing odd about it. We were told this stuff didn't matter when KD signed with Jay-Z.

Obviously, he's not leaving the Warriors. Why can't it be about the mentorship KD is providing to 'Baby Durant' ?

LeVert said he recently had a chance to meet Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant, a benefit of the two sharing an agency, Roc Nation.

LeVert was operated on by orthopedic surgeon Martin O'Malley of New York, the same doctor who performed Durant's operation in 2014.

Durant returned healthy from the injury, and was was able to provide some reassurance to LeVert that he can do the same.

"He just said 'Once Doc finishes with you, you'll be like brand new,'" LeVert said on Friday at the NBA draft combine. "He told me just to stay with the course, it's a long process, but just stay with it, don't get anxious."

The fact that Durant, of all NBA players, provided that assurance was particularly meaningful. LeVert's nickname in high school was "Baby Durant", for the resemblance in the game the two share. Jones fracture will keep Caris LeVert from pre-NBA Draft workouts "It felt good," LeVert said. "He's definitely one of my favorite players growing up."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2016/05/kevin_durant_tells_michigans_c.amp

Love this. The best part is Caris totally deserves this with how hard he works.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#966 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:12 pm

Read on Twitter

One of the best things about growing up in a generation of 80s/90s babies, is that a lot of us are gamers and that the athletes actually care about their ratings now. :lol:

They'll be adding 5 points to that total, guaranteed.

Paradise

Post#967 » by Paradise » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:51 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

One of the best things about growing up in a generation of 80s/90s babies, is that a lot of us are gamers and that the athletes actually care about their ratings now. :lol:

They'll be adding 5 points to that total, guaranteed.

Yeah, I grew up on 2K. So, it's a little surreal how that game has now transformed into Madden-like popularity. It kind of helps my prediction that the NFL will no longer be America's favorite sport by 2030.

Oh, and Brook Lopez will end up with 92 rating all of a sudden. Then, Jeremy Lin with a 81 rating. Just watch.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
PG13
Starter
And1: 845

Post#968 » by PG13 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:46 pm

Still think LeVert will become a star.
Paradise

Post#969 » by Paradise » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:17 pm

Read on Twitter

Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#970 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:59 pm

Happy birthday to the young guy. Damn what the hell was I even doing at 23?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#971 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:24 pm

Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Is it just me, or are our young players getting more attention now? Like Russell, LeVert, Hollis-Jefferson in particular.

TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,580

Post#972 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:58 pm

How often do you guys think we'll see LeVert at the 4? Ideally he would be at the 2/3 but if our opponent goes small at the end of a game with their 3 moving down to the 4, I could see us potentially putting a lineup of our best players out there:
1. Lin
2. Russell
3. Crabbe
4. LeVert
5. Mozgov/Allen
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#973 » by shakendfries » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:12 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:How often do you guys think we'll see LeVert at the 4? Ideally he would be at the 2/3 but if our opponent goes small at the end of a game with their 3 moving down to the 4, I could see us potentially putting a lineup of our best players out there:
1. Lin
2. Russell
3. Crabbe
4. LeVert
5. Mozgov/Allen

If I'm Marks I'd fire Atkinson immediately it LeVert so much as breaks a toenail playing PF
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#974 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:17 pm

shakendfries wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:How often do you guys think we'll see LeVert at the 4? Ideally he would be at the 2/3 but if our opponent goes small at the end of a game with their 3 moving down to the 4, I could see us potentially putting a lineup of our best players out there:
1. Lin
2. Russell
3. Crabbe
4. LeVert
5. Mozgov/Allen

If I'm Marks I'd fire Atkinson immediately it LeVert so much as breaks a toenail playing PF

:lol: I don't mean playing him against Kevin Love or Blake Griffin. More like Jayson Tatum or Otto Porter.
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#975 » by Ror1997 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:47 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
shakendfries wrote:
1. Lin
2. Russell
3. Crabbe
4. LeVert
5. Mozgov/Allen

:lol: I don't mean playing him against Kevin Love or Blake Griffin. More like Jayson Tatum or Otto Porter.

I wouldn't take LeVert off Brown or Beal just to play mix and match. He doesn't have the body type to play down low either.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#976 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:18 am

Ror1997 wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
shakendfries wrote:

I wouldn't take LeVert off Brown or Beal just to play mix and match. He doesn't have the body type to play down low either.

I consider Tatum to be a bigger offensive threat than brown. I don't see him spending time being beals primary defender unless you want DLo guarding Porter who also doesn't play down low like a PF. That's why I meant moving him down to guard the player he would've guarded anyway if the other team goes small which would allow us to play our 4 best players at the same time.
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#977 » by Ror1997 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:25 am

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

I consider Tatum to be a bigger offensive threat than brown. I don't see him spending time being beals primary defender unless you want DLo guarding Porter who also doesn't play down low like a PF. That's why I meant moving him down to guard the player he would've guarded anyway if the other team goes small which would allow us to play our 4 best players at the same time.

Why would DLo guard the PF if not for LeVert? What are you even saying
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#978 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:49 am

Ror1997 wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:

Why would DLo guard the PF if not for LeVert? What are you even saying

You said you wouldn't want to take LeVert off of beal. I was assuming that you considered LeVert to be his primary defender throughout the game not just the end, which would force DLo or Lin to guard Porter or another bigger forward for significant stretches. My point was that we wouldn't have LeVert guarding beal primarily anyway because of this teams lack of size on the perimeter and our projected 2 PG lineups.

Sorry if you were confused I was trying to address all your points without making it a long post.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#979 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:20 pm

Don't see the point of playing LeVert at 4.

TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#980 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:15 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Don't see the point of playing LeVert at 4.

The point is that it would allow us to put our 4 best players on the court at the same time (Lin/Russell/Crabbe/LeVert/5) and have LeVert match up against the opposing team's SF at the 4 in a small ball line up.

Return to Brooklyn Nets