ImageImageImageImageImage

Rajon Rondo reportedly interested in joining Brooklyn Nets

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

lin is ok
Bench Warmer
And1: 160

Re: Rajon Rondo reportedly interested in joining Brooklyn Nets 

Post#201 » by lin is ok » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:22 am

Someone like the zen master could fix rondo.
lin is ok
Bench Warmer
And1: 160

Post#202 » by lin is ok » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:22 am

Someone like the zen master could fix rondo.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,885

Post#203 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:20 am

Prokorov wrote:
jbeachboy wrote:hasnt rondo been an embarassment in that area lately? he seems like a team cancer.

i dont know how you can call rondo a cancer....

he won a title in boston. you cant be a cancer and win a title. the definition of cancer is someone who prevents you from winning and infects the team.

here's a good question:

How come Boston went from being lottery bound to playoffs once they traded him to Dallas?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Net Sentence
Veteran
And1: 334

Post#204 » by Net Sentence » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:48 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
jbeachboy wrote:hasnt rondo been an embarassment in that area lately? he seems like a team cancer.

he won a title in boston. you cant be a cancer and win a title. the definition of cancer is someone who prevents you from winning and infects the team.

here's a good question:

How come Boston went from being lottery bound to playoffs once they traded him to Dallas?

1. Celtics won 40 games the year they traded Rondo.

2. It's proof that it doesnt take much to turn a team around. Remember that if Marks strikes out in FA because I dont want to hear any excuses.
ILC
Starter
And1: 1,920

Post#205 » by ILC » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:44 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

here's a good question:

Because that's not what happened?

Celtics went something like 6-19 after they traded Rondo until they traded Green and got IT. That's when things changed.
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:Redemption. Water into wine....rondo is Jesus
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,748

Post#206 » by Dirk » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:33 pm

Zach Lowe brought Rondo up in his latest article:

Normally teams don't get much upside from one-year deals; the Kings purchased six months of stat-hoggery from Rajon Rondo, and can now either let him walk or overpay him based on inflated numbers. It's like choosing between cauliflower and lima beans. You don't even get a player's Bird rights, meaning that once he hits free agency again, you don't have the right to go over the cap in re-signing him; you have to use precious cap room instead.
60/21/10
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#207 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:41 pm

IlCapitano wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

here's a good question:

Celtics went something like 6-19 after they traded Rondo until they traded Green and got IT. That's when things changed.

you're right, I forgot that Thomas arrived later. Just goes to show you that I don't pay the same amount of attention to your team like (people) on the Celtics forum do to ours.
Last edited by NyCeEvO on Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for offensive content; original post was reported

ILC
Starter

Post#208 » by ILC » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:56 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
IlCapitano wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
here's a good question:

you're right, I forgot that Thomas arrived later. Just goes to show you that I don't pay the same amount of attention to your team like people on the Celtics forum do to ours.

Of course people are gonna pay attention to a bad team that has their future draft picks. You're telling me you wouldn't be interested in C's if the situation was reversed? Give me a break. :lol:
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#209 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:07 pm

IlCapitano wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
IlCapitano wrote:Because that's not what happened?

you're right, I forgot that Thomas arrived later. Just goes to show you that I don't pay the same amount of attention to your team like (people) on the Celtics forum do to ours.

Of course people are gonna pay attention to a bad team that has their future draft picks. You're telling me you wouldn't be interested in C's if the situation was reversed? Give me a break. :lol:

Not to the obsessive, stan-ish extent that you guys are, you're all a bunch of **** ing lames. You have multiple threads dedicated to us. You have GAME threads for our team. That's crazy. At most I'd check the record every now and then but game threads dude? You guys are lame as **** and i hope every pick you get turns into nothing, and so far it has.

I mean you had some ass holes over there being put on suicide watch once that Nets pick landed at 3. its just lame, and the fact that a couple of you pussies come over here trolling every other month makes it even more lame.

Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#210 » by Ror1997 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:43 pm

IlCapitano wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
IlCapitano wrote:Because that's not what happened?

you're right, I forgot that Thomas arrived later. Just goes to show you that I don't pay the same amount of attention to your team like the cocksuckers on the Celtics forum does to ours.

You had a MOD who tried to parody our GM and made a website dedicated to **** like that. You guys are just scumbags, no other NBA fan would act like that and get as obsessive as that.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,329

Post#211 » by Papi_swav » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:59 pm

Ror1997 wrote:
IlCapitano wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

you're right, I forgot that Thomas arrived later. Just goes to show you that I don't pay the same amount of attention to your team like the cocksuckers on the Celtics forum does to ours.

You had a MOD who tried to parody our GM and made a website dedicated to **** like that. You guys are just scumbags, no other NBA fan would act like that and get as obsessive as that.

That's Boston people for you. I just can't stand anything about Boston. I hate the Red Sox and all their weirdo fans, I was cool with the Celtics until these past couple years, they are now my least favorite team in all sports combined. Oh yea and screw the cheating Patriots too . I have family up there so I use to spend some time up there when I was a kid and man, I have to say I have never witnessed openly racist people before I went there. Being in New York you don't really hear ppl calling other ppl racist words or saying the N word in a derogatory way, but those people up there are a different breed. And I have travelled a lot, been to the South many times and I witnessed more racism in Boston than anywhere else and this is a FACT. That city is full of junkies , junkies everywhere and drunk people acting a fool like bro calm down is not that serious. Boston people take everything to the extreme and your witnessing it now first hand with how they're acting towards these picks. Lol they know no good FA is going to that god forsaken city :lol: muahahahaha get in the cahhhh lol thats how they talk
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#212 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:34 pm

lol @ get in the caaaaaah.

They have an offseason transactions tracker thread for us viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1447979&start=160

Not going to permit the perpetuation of stereotypes just because of their actions/thoughts.

-NyCe
Last edited by NyCeEvO on Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Offensive content in original post.

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Rajon Rondo reportedly interested in joining Brooklyn Nets 

Post#213 » by Paradise » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:50 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:lol @ get in the caaaaaah.

They have an offseason transactions tracker thread for us viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1447979&start=160

Not going to permit the perpetuation of stereotypes just because of their actions/thoughts.

-NyCe

LOL. I saw that. They damn near threw a party because we traded Thad. We could end up signing Lin, Crabbe or Bazemore and Horford. Yet, they will still spend the rest of the summer figuring out different ways to convince themselves that we would still end up with a bottom five record.

Embarrassing. It's clear cut sign of being everyday losers.
Last edited by NyCeEvO on Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quoted post had offensive content.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#214 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:32 pm

I understand the frustration and annoyance of having another fanbase hope that we do as poorly as possible for their own gain but that is no justification for denigrating and slandering an entire group or city. We are better than that.

This stuff stops now.

-NyCe
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#215 » by Prokorov » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:06 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

here's a good question:

because they added a ton of talented players after he left as well as adding a top 5 pick. their 3 of their 4 best players (thomas, crowder, smart) all came after rondo and also 2 key role guys (amir and turner)

again, u cant call a guy a cancer if u won a title with him starting
ghostowl
Sophomore
And1: 46

Post#216 » by ghostowl » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:40 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

here's a good question:

because they added a ton of talented players after he left as well as adding a top 5 pick. their 3 of their 4 best players (thomas, crowder, smart) all came after rondo and also 2 key role guys (amir and turner)

Those Celtic dynasty years were filled with all-star players, like prime Pierce, Garnett, and Ray. It doesn't say much about you as a player since that was already an amazing team. There were stories that Allen and Rondo had a falling out even as they were winning rings. Then Rondo with Rick Carlisle, and even rumors with Rondo with Cousins. The guy is straight up cancer.

Can't shoot, can't defend as well as he used to, causes locker room problems, demands overpaid 25+ mil a year, and probably will bolt after 1 year...That is Rondo.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#217 » by Prokorov » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:45 pm

ghostowl wrote:
Those Celtic dynasty years were filled with all-star players, like prime Pierce, Garnett, and Ray. It doesn't say much about you as a player since that was already an amazing team. There were stories that Allen and Rondo had a falling out even as they were winning rings. Then Rondo with Rick Carlisle, and even rumors with Rondo with Cousins. The guy is straight up cancer.

you are completely missing the point.

no one is saying rondo led them to a title. the point is that you cant call him a cancer when he started on a team that won a title. a Canccer is someone that prevents teams from winning. his team won the title. by definition he isnt a cancer.

Can't shoot, can't defend as well as he used to, causes locker room problems, demands overpaid 25+ mil a year, and probably will bolt after 1 year...That is Rondo.

caantant shoot yet he shot 37% from three on 170 attemps last year. ill take that.

deamnds 25+ million but in his interview said he is looking for 4/50.
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#218 » by Ror1997 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:53 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

here's a good question:

Well, Rondo was the reason Ray Allen left in free agency so you kinda can.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#219 » by Prokorov » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:02 pm

Ror1997 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
here's a good question:

they won a title. you dont win a title with cancers.
ILC
Starter

Post#220 » by ILC » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:12 pm

Ror1997 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
here's a good question:

Allen left because he didn't like being benched for Bradley. He was a primadonna, ruined his relationship with everybody on that team, not just Rondo, while Rajon remained like a brother to KG and PP to this day.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12690080/washington-wizards-paul-pierce-speaks-truth

"I called him on it. I said, 'Man, Ray, we support all your stuff but when we ask you, you don't come to ours.' I remember when Rondo re-signed with Boston, we had a little dinner at a restaurant and Ray didn't show up.

"I know Ray probably didn't like Rondo that much, but it wasn't a fact of not liking somebody. You don't have to like everybody you play with -- it's a matter of showing support.

"Rondo probably didn't like Ray either, but he came to Ray's functions to show, 'Hey, we're together in this.'

Return to Brooklyn Nets