ImageImageImageImageImage

Sean Marks Performance thread: Take II

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,433

Re: Sean Marks Performance thread: Take II 

Post#1141 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:06 pm

This team can go any which way. Win 24 games or get a breakout season from one of DLo or LeVert and steady improvements from others, **** around and make the playoffs.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,574

Post#1142 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:31 pm

Sean Marks has done an A+ job from day one.

Now imagine if Musa pans out and turns into one of the steals of the draft. he will then have had 3 straight successful drafts without control of his own draft pick coming into an offseason where he has now TWO first rd picks, one all but guaranteed to be lottery and with cap flexibility. The Nets have finally made it out of the sunken place Billy King left us in, all thanks to The Marksman
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1143 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:34 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:This team can go any which way. Win 24 games or get a breakout season from one of DLo or LeVert and steady improvements from others, **** around and make the playoffs.

If the Nets make the playoffs or even comes within a few games of the 8th seed, that will mean that the core group has improved internally.

Makes for a better selling point to free agents than say us finishing in the bottom 8 again. But if we don't finish in the bottom 8 we will have a hard time moving up to draft one of the top prospects. Pick your poison

Its damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,175

Post#1144 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:40 pm

wouldn't mind seeing this team fight their ass off all year but still wind up with a top 5-10 pick. Marks understands we still need to be attractive for potential free agents.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#1145 » by Paradise » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:47 pm

Read on Twitter
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#1146 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:48 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:where's NetSentence nowadays?

How about that Twitter turd Stefan Bondy?

You just had to ruin our time of happy thoughts, didn't you?
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#1147 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:55 pm

Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Isn't this article old though? I'm waiting for the Lowe Post episode where he deep dives into how much we've turned things around.
LKIRNets
Starter
And1: 598

Post#1148 » by LKIRNets » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:43 am

homie gets an A and I hope the owners give him his choice of russian pole dancers.
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#1149 » by shakendfries » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:45 pm

LKIRNets wrote:homie gets an A and I hope the owners give him his choice of russian pole dancers.

ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#1150 » by steady » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:08 am

Brooklyn’s Incoming Draft Picks from other teams. The cupboard is no longer bare.

2019 first round draft pick from Denver
Denver's 1st round pick to Brooklyn protected for selections 1-12 in 2019, 1-12 in 2020, 1-12 in 2021, 1-12 in 2022, 1-12 in 2023 and 1-12 in 2024; if Denver has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Brooklyn by 2024, then Denver will instead convey its 2024 2nd round pick and 2025 2nd round pick to Brooklyn [Brooklyn-Denver, 7/13/2018]

2019 second round draft pick from Indiana
Indiana's 2nd round pick to Brooklyn protected for selections 45-60 in 2019, 45-60 in 2020, 45-60 in 2021 and 45-60 in 2022 and unprotected in 2023 [Brooklyn-Indiana, 7/7/2016]

2019 second round draft pick from New York
New York's 2019 2nd round pick to Brooklyn (via Philadelphia) [New York-Philadelphia, 10/27/2014; Brooklyn-Philadelphia, 12/7/2017]

2020 second round draft pick from Denver
Denver's 2020 2nd round pick to Brooklyn [Brooklyn-Denver, 7/13/2018]

2020 second round draft pick from Portland
Portland's 2020 2nd round pick to Brooklyn (via Orlando to Cleveland to Atlanta) protected for selections 31-55 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Portland's obligation to Brooklyn will be extinguished) [Orlando-Portland, 7/14/2015; Cleveland-Orlando, 1/12/2016; Atlanta-Cleveland, 10/14/2017; Atlanta-Brooklyn, 7/13/2018]
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1151 » by Prokorov » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:22 pm

Great offseason for Marks

-Dumped Jeremy Lin on the hawks without giving up much (second rounders)
Grade: A+

-Dumped mozgov for Howard, then bought out howard basically normalizing his 2018 salary to what mozgov made
Grade A+++++++

-Capspace and whitehead for Faried/arthur/1st rounder/second rounder
Grade: A

-Resigned harris on a bargain deal.
Grade: B+ (second year fully gauranteed or grade would be higher)

-Signed Ed davis 1 year
Grade: A (doesnt cut into 2019 and davis took a discount)

-signed napier 1 + 1 deal with second a team option
Grade: B- (this was a good deal but napier not good enough to give an A, but good value signing)

Marks has been outstanding as a GM. he rebuilt this into a hardworking culture, added what looks ot be a really good coahc and outstanding staff, drafted well, won every single trade he has made or got nuetral value and drafted very well.

the only bad moves marks made havent really come back to bite him (porter got matched, bazemore turned us down, crabbe got matched)

really other then trading for crabbe without getting an asset he has been excellent. he has offered som awful RFA and FA deals but we didnt end up with most of those guys
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#1152 » by Keith Van Horn » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:21 pm

will Marks buyout Arthur next? from all account he's done due to injuries.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1153 » by Prokorov » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:58 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Sean Marks has done an A+ job from day one.

Now imagine if Musa pans out and turns into one of the steals of the draft. he will then have had 3 straight successful drafts without control of his own draft pick coming into an offseason where he has now TWO first rd picks, one all but guaranteed to be lottery and with cap flexibility. The Nets have finally made it out of the sunken place Billy King left us in, all thanks to The Marksman

Marks doesnt get an A+, he hasnt been flawless. I mean I'm giving him probably an A- which is a great grade but he has had some mis steps and dodged some bullets.

The Caroll trade, the Faried trade, those 2 max slots next offseason... those dont happen if washington doesnt match on porter. or if bazemore takes Marks contract. You can already see how Crabbes contract makes those 2 max slots iffy. (not to get into a discussion on how to use those). Lin also was signed for 3/36, barely played and we payed someone to take his last year. unfortunate but still cant callt hat a flawless move

Drafting A+, Trades A, Signings B+
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#1154 » by DeRoma » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:52 pm

Prokorov wrote:

Marks doesnt get an A+, he hasnt been flawless. I mean I'm giving him probably an A- which is a great grade but he has had some mis steps and dodged some bullets.

The Caroll trade, the Faried trade, those 2 max slots next offseason... those dont happen if washington doesnt match on porter. or if bazemore takes Marks contract. You can already see how Crabbes contract makes those 2 max slots iffy. (not to get into a discussion on how to use those). Lin also was signed for 3/36, barely played and we payed someone to take his last year. unfortunate but still cant callt hat a flawless move

You're too critical man. You can still make an argument that it was a good move with Lin and Crabbe. I do think they should've gotten a bit more for Crabbe like a pick though. However outside of that, I think those moves needed to happen in order for us to be in this situation we are in.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1155 » by Prokorov » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:06 pm

DeRoma wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

You're too critical man. You can still make an argument that it was a good move with Lin and Crabbe. I do think they should've gotten a bit more for Crabbe like a pick though. However outside of that, I think those moves needed to happen in order for us to be in this situation we are in.

I gave him an A- how is that being too critical??

the crabbe move wasnt an A+ move. nor was the porter offersheet or basemore offer.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1156 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:55 pm

yeah can you imagine being stuck with Bazemore or Porter right now? holy god

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1157 » by Prokorov » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:39 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:yeah can you imagine being stuck with Bazemore or Porter right now? holy god

we would be a 7-10 seed, no max cap room next offseason and no denver pick. we would then likely give big contracts to RHJ and Russell since we dont have cap room anyway and be locked into a treadmill team.

i like the spot we are in now alot better
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,579

Post#1158 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:10 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:yeah can you imagine being stuck with Bazemore or Porter right now? holy god

Porter wouldnt be that bad since he's a very good player and we wouldve never traded for Allen Crabbe.

But Bazemore? :banghead:
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Sean Marks Performance thread: Take II 

Post#1159 » by Paradise » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:36 am

Read on Twitter

I knew we struck gold with Sean Marks the moment the Spurs tried to convince him to not take the job and then offered him head GM role after Buford/Pop retire (perhaps next season?)

He came in here and established everything he said he would faster than expected. He also straight up said we'd be ready to make the DECISION to be competitive aka contend by 2019. This dude is a straight gangster.

Meanwhile, his runner up counterpart Collarangelo is unemployed, his reputation is destroyed and I'm pretty sure has his wife sleeping on the couch for awhile.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1160 » by Prokorov » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:07 am

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

Porter wouldnt be that bad since he's a very good player and we wouldve never traded for Allen Crabbe.

But Bazemore? :banghead:

Porter is one of the worst contracts in the NBA. he makes crabbe look like a bargain. you cant pay 30 million for role players.

Return to Brooklyn Nets