Official Current Affairs & Politics thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,883

Re: Official Current Affairs & Politics thread 

Post#421 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:21 pm

shakendfries wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:oh yeah man. The 4chan and twitter Nazis love that frog. There's some seriously vile people in this country.

Nazis need to get their heads smashed. There's no middle ground, or both sides.

karma is undefeated

'I'm scared the cops are gonna shoot me'

that's literally the point of the protests that started this friction in the first place

i notice how the tough talk and the "snowflakes" rhetoric from these neo nazis (and I don't care if it's a bit extreme, I consider anyone within that "Alt Right" sphere and that includes the breitbart and infowars lunatics as to be either nazis, nazi sympathizers, or white supremacists, all trash) has turned to whines and complaints about how they are being doxxed, maced, surrounded by thousands of anti racists. Funny how this works....especially after one of them rammed a car into a crowd of people, killing a woman. It was a reassuring sign to see over the weekend 40k+ people hit the streets in counter protest against these people. Especially in a city like Boston. Makes me think that the voices of hate that are amplified online aren't as big of a group as Americans who aren't tolerating that stuff.

Nazis don't get that free speech doesn't protect you from having to deal with the consequences of that rhetoric.

and fyi...there's stuff being spread by right wing "news" outlets that are showing anti fascists protestors masked up committing acts of violence. make sure to look at those photos carefully, because there have been multiple cases of people sharing pictures from events that were not even related to charlottesville and boston. Tami Lohren is guilty of this as is FOX News. These people have no moral ground to stand on now that the right (and I'm not talking about moderate, sensible conservatives who reject this stuff) has gone full on Authoritarian Nazi mode, so they will lie, gaslight, and distort everything.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#422 » by shakendfries » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:51 pm

It goes without saying, but everything about last week's events and those who sympathize with it in any capacity whatsoever is a disgusting POS

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#423 » by shakendfries » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:08 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
i notice how the tough talk and the "snowflakes" rhetoric from these neo nazis (and I don't care if it's a bit extreme, I consider anyone within that "Alt Right" sphere and that includes the breitbart and infowars lunatics as to be either nazis, nazi sympathizers, or white supremacists, all trash) has turned to whines and complaints about how they are being doxxed, maced, surrounded by thousands of anti racists. Funny how this works....especially after one of them rammed a car into a crowd of people, killing a woman. It was a reassuring sign to see over the weekend 40k+ people hit the streets in counter protest against these people. Especially in a city like Boston. Makes me think that the voices of hate that are amplified online aren't as big of a group as Americans who aren't tolerating that stuff.

Nazis don't get that free speech doesn't protect you from having to deal with the consequences of that rhetoric.

and fyi...there's stuff being spread by right wing "news" outlets that are showing anti fascists protestors masked up committing acts of violence. make sure to look at those photos carefully, because there have been multiple cases of people sharing pictures from events that were not even related to charlottesville and boston. Tami Lohren is guilty of this as is FOX News. These people have no moral ground to stand on now that the right (and I'm not talking about moderate, sensible conservatives who reject this stuff) has gone full on Authoritarian Nazi mode, so they will lie, gaslight, and distort everything.

They might as well just call it what it is - a movement that has emboldened domestic terrorists. No different than these maniacs ramming ppl with trucks in Europe.

If you're willing to point the finger and say one community needs to deal with the issues of its worst, you must be able to look in the mirror

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#424 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:58 am

shakendfries wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:oh yeah man. The 4chan and twitter Nazis love that frog. There's some seriously vile people in this country.

Nazis need to get their heads smashed. There's no middle ground, or both sides.

karma is undefeated

'I'm scared the cops are gonna shoot me'

that's literally the point of the protests that started this friction in the first place

Live by the guns, die by the guns
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,811

Post#425 » by Rich Rane » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:52 pm

shakendfries wrote:

I'm not gonna lie, when the original video was forwarded to me, I couldn't stop laughing. :censored: that guy.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#426 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:04 pm

shakendfries wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

They might as well just call it what it is - a movement that has emboldened domestic terrorists. No different than these maniacs ramming ppl with trucks in Europe.

If you're willing to point the finger and say one community needs to deal with the issues of its worst, you must be able to look in the mirror

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Amen. Radical Islamist Terror and Right Wing White Terror needs to be both stomped out. Your cause has no justification when it involves killing women and children with **** ing cars. It's infuriating to think how debased some human beings are. why do they wake up in the morning breathing, I have no idea.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#427 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:11 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
shakendfries wrote:

I'm not gonna lie, when the original video was forwarded to me, I couldn't stop laughing. :censored: that guy.

^they're all like this. Posers until life starts coming at them fast.

All of those larping Nazi losers who were out at Charlottesville who got doxxed and shamed now find things to be unpleasant. The counter protest in Boston was so strong the Alt Right provocateurs have cancelled multiple events. All of those dudes looked like angry, bitter losers who just want to blame "the others" for their mediocrity.

These losers better keep those Nazi flags, those white power hand symbols, their LARPing shields and cosplay swords made from cardboard, all that crap indoors and in their basements. Or better yet, come to their senses and join the rest of us in civilized America where we celebrate the fact that we all are unique and can live in peace.

also, as a random thought, I'd love to beat the **** out of Jack Posobiec.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#428 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:49 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/08/19/us/charlottesville-quotes.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

President Trump asserted this week that there were “very fine people” among those who gathered in Charlottesville, Va., last weekend to protest the removal of a Confederate statue.

While there is no definitive list of who attended, research by The Times and the Anti-Defamation League identified at least 120 participants who were affiliated with racist and anti-Semitic groups ranging from long-established organizations like the Ku Klux Klan to newer groups that promote white nationalism.

This article details many of the figures who were in Charlottesville, and paints a clear picture of how repugnant Trump's response was to these people and the whole "both sides" argument being ludicrous. These people are clamoring for genocide of minorities and lgbters.

This is why I don't take Nazi sympathizing or rationalizing lightly. I don't mean to sound callous, but White Americans seriously live in a bubble that minorities/gay americans don't have the luxury of living in, because this is nothing short of an existential threat. To see a United States President legitimize these people is not only frightening, but psychologically abusive to many communities. George W. Bush was a lying war profiteer but FFS he never threatened the lives of American citizens like Trump is doing right now. I can only imagine what kind of dog whistling will happen at his klan rally in Phoenix tonight. someone might get killed again over this.

ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#429 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:50 am

Christopher Cantwell New Hampshire

Hosts a live-streamed talk show called “Radical Agenda.”

“I’m here to spread my ideas, talk, in the
hopes that somebody more capable will come
along and do that. Somebody like Donald
Trump who does not give his daughter to a Jew.”

Hey, this guy looks familiar, isn't he the Nazi crybaby?!

Interesting, does he vote for Trump? lol
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#430 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:46 pm

Congress needs to take out the trash. Trump's speech last night was the howling of an unhinged lunatic who feels the walls closing in on him.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#431 » by Rich Rane » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:06 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Congress needs to take out the trash. Trump's speech last night was the howling of an unhinged lunatic who feels the walls closing in on him.

Literally the first line from his speech:
"And just so you know from the Secret Service, there aren't too many people outside protesting, OK. That I can tell you."
Read on Twitter

That's how you knew the rest was just gonna be a complete sh :censored: show. He acted like the biggest victim from Charlottesville wasn't Heather Heyer, but was instead him.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#432 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:53 pm

nearly every word out of his mouth was a lie, and he was dog whistling to his Nazi supporters all the way through. sickening.

ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#433 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:57 am

What? This governor Jim Justice switched party to run and then switched back several months after being elected???

Voters must be very upset.

Dangerous practice.
Thanks for the honesty.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#434 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:58 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:What? This governor Jim Justice switched party to run and then switched back several months after being elected???

Voters must be very upset.

Dangerous practice.

Jim Justice has his hands dirty with the Russia investigation. He sold a coal mine to some Russian "investors" for 600 million smackeroos and allegedly brought the mine back for five million. There's a reason why he was kissing Trump's ass in public a few weeks back. I hope he's got a good lawyer, laundering Russian mob money is a serious crime.

Trump has been on full blown meltdown mode. Lots of nasty sh*t is about to come out about him.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#435 » by Rich Rane » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:07 am

President Draft Dodger signed a directive today to tell transgender people they're not good enough for the military and pardoned a racist. Hurricane Harvey will be taking the air time come start of the news week.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#436 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:52 am

The military should ignore that directive. There is no reason why trans folks cannot serve.

I wish Mueller would hurry up. He is just lashing out now trying to hurt people.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#437 » by Rich Rane » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:43 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

The President Of The United States, everyone.
shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#438 » by shakendfries » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:03 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

"u bum" lmao
ImageImage

shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#439 » by shakendfries » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:23 pm

It's funny how the media talked trump's candidacy into legitimacy, acts shocked with the result, continues to focus the lens on the distractions & deflections he tosses out daily, and has the nerve to wonder why everything sucks. Protests and riots that were designed to engage in an honest discussion of the justice system have devolved to arguments over "respecting the flag" and kneeling. We could be discussing international affairs, the Americans getting poisoned in Flint Michigan, the addiction epidemic facilitated by the drug industry, but instead the media is discussing these distractions like they're legitimate issues
ImageImage

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#440 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:28 am

The media chose to chase the ratings that Trump brought them instead of telling the truth. And they still do it. They act cowardly for continued access instead of telling the gods honest truth.

On another note, I love how free speech is fine when Nazis want to openly spew their genocidal ideology, but its unacceptable when black men speak about or protest societal injustice. I'm glad Lebron **** ted on him, its about time someone with a voice starts rattling that coward's cage.

and his tweets and speech about Colin Kaepernick is a violation of his oath of office. But whatever, he can keep dog whistling to his base of degenerate raciss...it won't stop the investigation or indictments from getting handed out.

Return to Brooklyn Nets